HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official AHL GDT: (May 11) - GAME 5 - Hartford Wolfpack @ Portland Pirates (7:05pm)

Old
05-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
out of curiosity, how'd staal look?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 09:03 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
out of curiosity, how'd staal look?

He looked solid like usual, but I didn't notice the 1 or 2 small mistakes which is a good thing...but i'm not sure he got as much ice time as the previous games, he took a nasty elbow to the face, hopefully he wasn't feeling any ill effects.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 09:29 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
I love how we had major to work with and the end of it we had a 5 on 3 for 1:30 and we couldn't score.
I don't.

romba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 10:16 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
since when does Pock fight???

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 05:07 AM
Ola

Some playernotes:

Korpikoski- I think he looked a little tired. He didn't have that clip in his skating that I've seen him with before. He had a long period off from the time TPS was eliminated and he started in HFD. But I think he had a decent game, played well on the PK, handled the puck well and worked hard on the forecheck. I think Lauri himself feels what he needs to improve, like his strength.

Dubinsky- Brandon was one of the few HFDers who played a little bit outside the norm, he held on to the puck some and protected it well. I also liked to see his defensive positional game.

Degon& Pck- Besides a big defensive breakdown I think these two played great for HFD as a pair. They really opened up ice showing off a very smart game for a D pair. Often shifted positions with the puck, it was obvious they had some set plays ect. They also played pretty well defensivly. Great to see that two young guys have been able to adopt to each other so fast and Ulfie should get some credit for his work with the D.

G. Moore- I also where impressed by him. He is a very strong hard working player. With all the specialteams I didn't get to see enough of Moore to get a opinion on how his offensive tools are. Though i liked his offensive game. He was one of few players who took some depth in the attacking zone and had any timing in his game. Other then that he where mostly grinding it our all night.

N. Dawes- A typical Dawes game, on offense he was invisible. But still had 3 quality scoring and scored on one of them. Dawes line didn't work, Dawes game with the puck didn't work all that well either, but Nigel are allot SMARTER then the D's at this level. He moves his feets allot and knows where to go on the ice to get scoring chances. Off the puck Dawes played a chippy game which is really good to see, he aint big but goes in with speed and his fire hydrant body. In terms of physical fitness Dawes is probably really well prepaired and near his max. IF he can stretch that max some and become a little bit faster, stronger and get better balance I think Dawes could have a pretty good career in the NHL. Dawes is looking good.

Overall this was a typical bad team game from HFD. Most players looked good when they had the puck, but it never worked as a team.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
N. Dawes- A typical Dawes game, on offense he was invisible. But still had 3 quality scoring and scored on one of them. Dawes line didn't work, Dawes game with the puck didn't work all that well either, but Nigel are allot SMARTER then the D's at this level. He moves his feets allot and knows where to go on the ice to get scoring chances. Off the puck Dawes played a chippy game which is really good to see, he aint big but goes in with speed and his fire hydrant body. In terms of physical fitness Dawes is probably really well prepaired and near his max. IF he can stretch that max some and become a little bit faster, stronger and get better balance I think Dawes could have a pretty good career in the NHL. Dawes is looking good.

Overall this was a typical bad team game from HFD. Most players looked good when they had the puck, but it never worked as a team.
Dawes needs to get away from his current linemates. Helminen and Genoway have been playing like crap for awhile now, and dawes would look better on dubinsky's wing.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote