HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-13-2012, 01:24 AM
  #101
WhadaIknow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
“WOW….this forum is going downhill fast “
That’s all I can say regarding many of the posts on here for this season.
Been part of/viewing this forum for 3+ years and only post now and then…but view this forum often each week.
Just wondering why some of the posters on here believe that they are right or justified to consistently: trash/slander/insinuate negative things about a player, team, coach or another poster?
Why all the animosity, aggression and “talking crap”
(against certain teams or especially specific players) from the “armchair critics”, “overbearing parents” “ex-hockey stars”, “ex-coaches” or those who wanted to play at this level and did/could not…..
Look at other forum categories…most have constructive comments/banter/insights...
Suggestion:
Let’s try to get back on track and post constructive comments/insights that will positively reflect this league and the players.
Also, check your facts and actually attend a few games befor you post a negative/degrading comment.
This season, we have a league that is ramping to be very competitive and close. Opinions are part of this forum; but perhaps show a bit of class/empathy with each post.

WhadaIknow is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 07:20 AM
  #102
sportnut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadaIknow View Post
“WOW….this forum is going downhill fast “
That’s all I can say regarding many of the posts on here for this season.
Been part of/viewing this forum for 3+ years and only post now and then…but view this forum often each week.
Just wondering why some of the posters on here believe that they are right or justified to consistently: trash/slander/insinuate negative things about a player, team, coach or another poster?
Why all the animosity, aggression and “talking crap”
(against certain teams or especially specific players) from the “armchair critics”, “overbearing parents” “ex-hockey stars”, “ex-coaches” or those who wanted to play at this level and did/could not…..
Look at other forum categories…most have constructive comments/banter/insights...
Suggestion:
Let’s try to get back on track and post constructive comments/insights that will positively reflect this league and the players.
Also, check your facts and actually attend a few games befor you post a negative/degrading comment.
This season, we have a league that is ramping to be very competitive and close. Opinions are part of this forum; but perhaps show a bit of class/empathy with each post.
Thank you!!! I was feeling the same way for the last little while. It is too bad because that is why some of regular posters from the past are gone from this board. Stop trying to promote or put down your kid and just watch games objectively and you might be surprise with what you see!

sportnut is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 09:08 AM
  #103
hardfacts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnut View Post
Thank you!!! I was feeling the same way for the last little while. It is too bad because that is why some of regular posters from the past are gone from this board. Stop trying to promote or put down your kid and just watch games objectively and you might be surprise with what you see!
Speaking of objectivity.....will be very interesting to see how my Kings deal with this little lapse....i cant recall a three game losing streak in last four years...

On another note CPC number one start has be less then stellar.....

Bears continue to impress with great offensive numbers...who knew with Roberston going!

Nothing wrong with league having some new teams at the top.....

hardfacts is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:41 PM
  #104
Valleyguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
I have to agree with WhadaIknowi read these posts every day and refuse to post anymore, as some of the posters are mickey mouse! Having a debate with some of these posters is ridiculous.So i'm done with this Forum.

Valleyguy is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
  #105
ZebraCritic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
1st through 8th seperated by 6 pts!! Everyone needs to stop griping one way or the other and chat about the quality of hockey that is taking place in the CCHL. Nothing wrong with a bit of chirping for your favorite team, but at least have a point and some solid information to back it up.

Great hockey to watch!

ZebraCritic is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 10:31 AM
  #106
eddyshack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Eastern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraCritic View Post
1st through 8th seperated by 6 pts!! Everyone needs to stop griping one way or the other and chat about the quality of hockey that is taking place in the CCHL. Nothing wrong with a bit of chirping for your favorite team, but at least have a point and some solid information to back it up.

Great hockey to watch!
Totally agree. Great hockey and anyone can win.

I am surprised with Kemptville 73's. There was so much hope and promise with new ownership,enhanced coaching and a new attitude. On paper the roster looked great.

It is still early and perhaps they will get it together. However, three consecutive losses with a total score of 18-4 is troubling.

Perhaps BringBackCam our resident 73's expert will have some constructive insight on the matter.

One of the best games of the season in Nepean yesterday with a come back win for the Colts in a shoot out.

eddyshack is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 11:02 AM
  #107
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Totally agree. Great hockey and anyone can win.

I am surprised with Kemptville 73's. There was so much hope and promise with new ownership,enhanced coaching and a new attitude. On paper the roster looked great.

It is still early and perhaps they will get it together. However, three consecutive losses with a total score of 18-4 is troubling.

Perhaps BringBackCam our resident 73's expert will have some constructive insight on the matter.

One of the best games of the season in Nepean yesterday with a come back win for the Colts in a shoot out.
Speaking of Kemptville, I noticed that Tugnutt was backup (not Ron). Anybody know what's wrong with Brind'Amour?

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 11:14 AM
  #108
stickhandle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebracritic View Post
1st through 8th seperated by 6 pts!! Everyone needs to stop griping one way or the other and chat about the quality of hockey that is taking place in the cchl. Nothing wrong with a bit of chirping for your favorite team, but at least have a point and some solid information to back it up.

Great hockey to watch!
bravo

stickhandle is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 11:36 AM
  #109
BackBringCam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemptville
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
Not sure what's going on in Kemptville. It's not like I'm a silent owner or have a kid on the team, just a hockey fan with no insider info.

They were outworked severly lastnight by Kanata, Stevie Wonder could of told you that.

BackBringCam is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
  #110
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Not sure what's going on in Kemptville. It's not like I'm a silent owner or have a kid on the team, just a hockey fan with no insider info.

They were outworked severly lastnight by Kanata, Stevie Wonder could of told you that.
Their D looks very sub-par to me. Aside from Lussier, there isn't much there. There are a lot of smaller, quick forwards in this league and you need D who can keep up. The guys they brought in, can't IMO.

gusfring is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 12:22 PM
  #111
toughguy73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Braves Pino

Good article about Braves winger Anthony Pino. Been watching this kid all season- the speed and determination he has is unmatched. Once he gets the old monkey off the back, teams need to watch out- he will be a force to reckon with.
Only player I can see this season who can go through 3 or 4 players, fall down, get checked and still end up with the puck. Just needs to be on a proper line IMO. Dont underestimate the size- good pick up by Hawk. He saw something in this kid and seems to be putting together a good squad this year
http://hughdemand.com/wordpress/?p=10008


Last edited by toughguy73: 11-12-2012 at 08:42 AM.
toughguy73 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 01:03 PM
  #112
overtheboards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
how long till Jacob Tugnutt is #1 tendy in kville ?

overtheboards is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 01:38 PM
  #113
PK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
how long till Jacob Tugnutt is #1 tendy in kville ?
He must have kept his equipment on getting from Arnprior to Kville, played for Athens Jr.B, had 2 good games shots count 69 and saved 66, SV% .956. Big improvment from his first game in the jungle allowed 6 goals on 24 shots.

Whats happen to Brett Costello of Hawkesbury also played for Athens, looking for a trade?

PK19 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 03:53 PM
  #114
longballer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK19 View Post
He must have kept his equipment on getting from Arnprior to Kville, played for Athens Jr.B, had 2 good games shots count 69 and saved 66, SV% .956. Big improvment from his first game in the jungle allowed 6 goals on 24 shots.

Whats happen to Brett Costello of Hawkesbury also played for Athens, looking for a trade?
Costello was put on waivers, picked up by the rangers and then put back on waivers.. he asked for a trade to smith falls but nothing yet.. so hes now back in athens

longballer is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 04:31 PM
  #115
longballer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
when talking about the colts only running two lines, it seems like ian has always done with likes of findlay, cross, laliberte, spinks over the years and it seems to work pretty good until playoffs when they run out of gas, but im sure he will soon enough realize he might need to mix in a third line sometime soon.. like years before ian cant find a goalie he trusts and the team doesnt have faith in any of the three they have been using

longballer is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 04:35 PM
  #116
CoasttoCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Totally agree. Great hockey and anyone can win.

I am surprised with Kemptville 73's. There was so much hope and promise with new ownership,enhanced coaching and a new attitude. On paper the roster looked great.

It is still early and perhaps they will get it together. However, three consecutive losses with a total score of 18-4 is troubling.

Perhaps BringBackCam our resident 73's expert will have some constructive insight on the matter.

One of the best games of the season in Nepean yesterday with a come back win for the Colts in a shoot out.
Top 3 teams all lost yesterday, S Falls, Ottawa, Nepean. Could be almost anyone leading the league at the mid way mark. I'm guessing it won't be Kemptville. Goaltending has been a disappointment, Hutton trade last year, took money instead of assets by the looks of things. Unfair to expect 17yr old Byron to carry your offense every night. IMO they start building around the 16yr tugnut forward, he's going to be there for a while.

I listened to the Nepean game on the radio, Nepean blew a 3 goal lead, Cornwall scored 4 unanswered, came back and tied twice in the third. Quine kid had 4 goals + a shootout goal. Good game for you dollar.

CoasttoCoast is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
  #117
eddyshack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Eastern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK19 View Post
He must have kept his equipment on getting from Arnprior to Kville, played for Athens Jr.B, had 2 good games shots count 69 and saved 66, SV% .956. Big improvment from his first game in the jungle allowed 6 goals on 24 shots.
Much improved. Good for G Tugnutt.

eddyshack is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 08:04 PM
  #118
Rangersfan21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Much improved. Good for G Tugnutt.
From what I have seen of Tugnutt he is likely a year away from being in kville, Hopefully they can find another goalie and not be forced to rush him. It seems a lot of goalies do well from some time in jr.b

Rangersfan21 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 10:44 PM
  #119
specialteams
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Not sure what's going on in Kemptville. It's not like I'm a silent owner or have a kid on the team, just a hockey fan with no insider info.

They were outworked severly lastnight by Kanata, Stevie Wonder could of told you that.
I'm not sure why some people thought that 73's would be a top 6 team in some pre-season postings - even I had them a play-off team. I think we were looking at the new ownership group (Ron Tugnutt) and assuming they would vastly improve. They went out and changed the majority of the team (don't blame them when you finish second last) but didn't really replace them with Jr. A caliber players. Many were prep school, HS kids with no Jr experience. The Central is demanding 5-6 times on the ice 62 game grind. The puck and foot speed is even something that rookies need to adjust to - I think you're seeing this with Kemptville and hopefully the new players will get up to speed.

Byron is a very good talent but you can't expect a 17 year old to carry the load as well Lussier and Hendsbee are the only blueliners with jr experience. Up front trading away Rosebrook and Adams for Varin and Vaughn only time will tell. I'm not sure what's wrong with House but he was off to a good start but haven't seen him in the line-up for awhile and he'll take some pressure off Byron in the middle. I think Gonu and Nowak are steady, Cooney a pleasant surprise but this is a team that has to work hard because the talent is just not there. Goaltending may be an issue as I hear Brindamour has quit so now Cooper and Tugnutt will share the duties.

I don't think we should give up on the 73's - you don't win a championship in October but you can play yourself out of one if the slide continues. Lots of great hockey being played - nice to see some great starts by some surprise teams in OJS, SF and Kan.

specialteams is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 11:56 PM
  #120
eddyshack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Eastern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialteams View Post
I'm not sure why some people thought that 73's would be a top 6 team in some pre-season postings - even I had them a play-off team. I think we were looking at the new ownership group (Ron Tugnutt) and assuming they would vastly improve. They went out and changed the majority of the team (don't blame them when you finish second last) but didn't really replace them with Jr. A caliber players. Many were prep school, HS kids with no Jr experience. The Central is demanding 5-6 times on the ice 62 game grind. The puck and foot speed is even something that rookies need to adjust to - I think you're seeing this with Kemptville and hopefully the new players will get up to speed.

Byron is a very good talent but you can't expect a 17 year old to carry the load as well Lussier and Hendsbee are the only blueliners with jr experience. Up front trading away Rosebrook and Adams for Varin and Vaughn only time will tell. I'm not sure what's wrong with House but he was off to a good start but haven't seen him in the line-up for awhile and he'll take some pressure off Byron in the middle. I think Gonu and Nowak are steady, Cooney a pleasant surprise but this is a team that has to work hard because the talent is just not there. Goaltending may be an issue as I hear Brindamour has quit so now Cooper and Tugnutt will share the duties.

I don't think we should give up on the 73's - you don't win a championship in October but you can play yourself out of one if the slide continues. Lots of great hockey being played - nice to see some great starts by some surprise teams in OJS, SF and Kan.
Now that is a good and fair post. You are right, many had high and unrealistic expectations for the 73's. I do not believe P. Brenton left the team in a favorable position.

Hopefully, they pull it together and become competitive this year. It would be interesting to see young Tugnutt between the pipes. All the best to the 73's.


Last edited by eddyshack: 10-16-2012 at 12:06 AM.
eddyshack is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:12 PM
  #121
grace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Now that is a good and fair post. You are right, many had high and unrealistic expectations for the 73's. I do not believe P. Brenton left the team in a favorable position.

Hopefully, they pull it together and become competitive this year. It would be interesting to see young Tugnutt between the pipes. All the best to the 73's.
73 Need j.House back soon , any news when he will be back in the line up ?

grace is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 06:57 PM
  #122
overtheboards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
looks like HOWE took the #1 spot from MARTIN in SMF

overtheboards is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 10:56 PM
  #123
eddyshack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Eastern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
looks like HOWE took the #1 spot from MARTIN in SMF
Perhaps for now. It appears Howe had a challenge with the Rangers tonight.

Great game for Gunner ! 2nd star.

Stallions beat OJS convincingly. Charlie Millen also had a diffcult night.

It is good to see any team can win.


Last edited by eddyshack: 10-17-2012 at 11:14 PM.
eddyshack is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 11:47 PM
  #124
Off the Boards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Eastern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
PLK was handed the game on a silver platter by the refs in Cornwall. What a joke, things never change (7 no calls and a call with 10 seconds left in 3rd to send the Colts down a man in OT when their player did the same thing at the same time with no call, the Kings 5th goal also came at the expense of an obvious call on our player ).

On a brighter side Piccolino made the save of the game perhaps the save of year (yeah I know a little early for that yet)

Michael Ponterelli has accepted an offer to attend Union College in Shectady New York for the 2013 year, Congrats Michael.

Off the Boards is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 12:08 AM
  #125
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Look for a new player in the Nepean lineup shortly - a soon as this weekend. Should help them.

gusfring is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.