HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Loui Eriksson to Washington

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2012, 10:21 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
That 5th round pick was really the difference in that proposal. No way does Dallas go for it without the 5th rounder!
Dallas has a thing with 5th rounders.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
That 5th round pick was really the difference in that proposal. No way does Dallas go for it without the 5th rounder!
Jamie Benn, Philip Larsen, Thomas Vincour, Austin Smith, Marty Turco and Mike Smith were all 5th round selections for Dallas.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Eriksson is one of the more untouchable players in the league based on performance vs. salary.
A dream line just came to me:
Eriksson - M. Koivu - Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yes Carlson is on a fantastic contract, but don't forget Eriksson is on a contract that's just as good if not better. What Eriksson brings at 4.2 might be the best value in the entire league outside of ELC.
This.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:16 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
I wouldn't trade Carlson for Eriksson straight up.
I'm impartial here (don't have any fan-feelings for either team), but if I were a Caps fan, and I knew my GM turned down a straight-up Eriksson-Carlson trade, I'd be questioning where the team is going.

Seems like a no-brainer to me, with the caveat obviously being that there's no way Dallas would make that trade, though. Like, not even a remote chance.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Oilking83

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I'm impartial here (don't have any fan-feelings for either team), but if I were a Caps fan, and I knew my GM turned down a straight-up Eriksson-Carlson trade, I'd be questioning where the team is going.

Seems like a no-brainer to me, with the caveat obviously being that there's no way Dallas would make that trade, though. Like, not even a remote chance.
Ya I think these eastern conference fans that rarely see Eriksson are really underrating him here. If I were Dallas I wouldn't trade Eriksson for anything short of Backstrom.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Puckgenius*

id say Erikkson and Robidas for Green and Johanson and Dallas would consider it.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Carlzner

I'm a huge fan of Eriksson... i even said i'd give up Kuznetsov + Forsberg for him, which most Caps fans would probably not do.

But Carlson is a no-go... a 22 year old top pairing defenseman that is just starting to touch his potential as a TRUE #1 Defenseman? Would be idiotic to trade him.

Drafted in the late 1st round in 2008, went on to absolutely LIGHT UP the OHL (I looked at some topics on him back then, and some OHL fans watching him stated that they believed he was just as good as some of the other defenseman from his draft still in the OHL, like Pietrangelo and Bogosian.)

At the end of his junior year he went on the play on the top pairing for the AHL Hershey Bears in their Calder Cup winning playoffs. (Remember, this is the year after he was drafted)

The next year, he played half the season in Hershey, and the other half in Washington, including the playoffs... top 4 minutes, on the president's cup winning team... 2 years after being drafed in the late 1st round.

the 2 years after that, he has played on our top pairing, showing magnificent chemistry with Karl Alzner.

What i'm trying to say is... this kid has already exceeded expectations, and has been dynamite at every level, moving up the depth chart at an extreme rate since he was drafted... you couldn't have asked for a better development from a non-top 5 pick... and he is still going to develop into more than the top pairing defenseman that he already is...

... combine that with his chemistry with our other top pairing young defenseman, and tell me why you would trade him? It is absolutely no slight to Loui. As I said before, huge fan, and would give up our top 2 prospects who are both top tier prospects.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:35 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
id say Erikkson and Robidas for Green and Johanson and Dallas would consider it.
No we wouldn't.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Kuznetsov with that Russian factor isn't worth enough elsewhere to merit trading him, and Carlson's great contract and chemistry with Alzner make him extremely valuable to us too. Eriksson's probably my favorite non-Cap, so I'd love to acquire him, but I doubt we'd be willing to part with the pieces necessary to get him. I'd offer Orlov, Johansson, and a 1st.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:41 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Kuznetsov with that Russian factor isn't worth enough elsewhere to merit trading him, and Carlson's great contract and chemistry with Alzner make him extremely valuable to us too. Eriksson's probably my favorite non-Cap, so I'd love to acquire him, but I doubt we'd be willing to part with the pieces necessary to get him. I'd offer Orlov, Johansson, and a 1st.
I agree. Kuz's question marks take away his value which would lead the Caps to back off...If Im Dallas Im asking for Kuz, Brouwer(ott replacement), Forsberg/or Wilson and a high pick...then the Caps say no we wont drain the prospect list...They are great trade partners though Im sure if given the circumstances something could be worked out...

Old
10-14-2012, 11:52 PM
WhoahNow

Green has too many injury issues to be a key piece when trading away Eriksson, as for Kuznetsov the Stars really have stayed away from Russian born players so I doubt they would change that any time soon. I forgot to add a smiley on my + 5th round pick post, Stars love them 5th rounders!

Old
10-15-2012, 01:06 AM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
I'll keep it short because I don't want to cover how important Loui is to our team and how we actually have made progress in stockpiling centers in great detail. Dallas would not consider giving up Eriksson for that package.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:13 AM
rypper

vCash: 50
Any team looking to acquire eriksson should be prepared to overpay. A lot.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:45 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post

Eriksson while good is on the wrong side of 26.

Like Braden Carlzner said, Carlson is very good, but he left out a major caveat, Carlson only played PP2, and the Caps PP2 is a joke without Ovechkin playing the whole PP, it literally is no passing to the point and bunch of 4th line grinding crap, Dale Hunter gone should fix this...

Old
10-15-2012, 02:00 AM
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter

Eriksson+ for Backstrom. Yea, the Caps won't do it.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:48 AM
MalcontentCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Leaf fan0o View Post
Eriksson+ for Backstrom. Yea, the Caps won't do it.
The + better be Benn.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:34 AM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcontentCapsFan View Post
The + better be Benn.
Get a grip man. I seriously laughed out loud to that. I'm pretty confident that you don't follow Dallas. So, we are supposed to give our two best players for Bactstrom? Not even the slightest bit of a chance.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:12 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Eriksson while good is on the wrong side of 26.

Like Braden Carlzner said, Carlson is very good, but he left out a major caveat, Carlson only played PP2, and the Caps PP2 is a joke without Ovechkin playing the whole PP, it literally is no passing to the point and bunch of 4th line grinding crap, Dale Hunter gone should fix this...
Wait, there are reservations about acquiring a 27 year old because of his age? For real?

It used to be "on the wrong side of 30", now it's 26? When did that bar get raised?

As a Sens fan, I'd be willing to invest a huge amount into a guy like Loui Eriksson, who at 27 probably still has 10 GREAT years left in him. Something like: Milan Michalek (who is also 27), Puempel, Wiercioch and a 1st rounder. Maybe more. I'd be all-in. Eriksson on the Sens would be a wet dream come true: a natural replacement for Alfredsson once he inevitably hangs up his skates.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:10 AM
pld459666

If I'm Dallas and the Caps came to me looking to move Loui, I would take nothing less than Johanson, Forsberg and a 1st.

The MOST I would include would be a 3rd.

Loui IS that good.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Devil Dancer

The Caps can't move Carlson, not because it wouldn't be fair value, but because they don't have any one to replace him with. The Caps' prospect core was thin before this last draft, and they didn't do much to address dept at D, so they're really stuck with what they have for a while short of a major trade or free agent signing.

In other words, Carlson is worth more to the Caps than he might be to other teams because he fills a major hole for the team.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:07 AM
MuffinMan

So.. something like two of Johansson/kuznetsov/Orlov/Forsberg and a first?
Personally i wouldnt want to give up Johansson, but what about Kuznetsov, Orlov and a first for Eriksson? Or do we need to replace Orlov with Forsberg?

Old
10-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
The Caps can't move Carlson, not because it wouldn't be fair value, but because they don't have any one to replace him with. The Caps' prospect core was thin before this last draft, and they didn't do much to address dept at D, so they're really stuck with what they have for a while short of a major trade or free agent signing.

In other words, Carlson is worth more to the Caps than he might be to other teams because he fills a major hole for the team.
While I certainly agree Carlson won't be moved by Washington, the "don't have anyone to replace him with" part is questionable. They Caps are loaded with puck movers who can play the right side, just like Carlson. Green and Orlov are on the NHL roster already, and could move up the line-up without real issue. Kundratek has shown a lot of promise since being traded into the Caps organization as well (and looks to be on Hershey's top pairing with Orlov this season), and looked competent in his NHL time last season. Patrick Wey, while more of a stay-at-home guy, is only a year or so away from being able to compete in the NHL as he enters his senior season at BC.

Caps are just fine at RD. While it wouldn't be a position of incredible strength without Carlson, it would be far from a weakness as well.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yes Carlson is on a fantastic contract, but don't forget Eriksson is on a contract that's just as good if not better. What Eriksson brings at 4.2 might be the best value in the entire league outside of ELC.
Claude Giroux (3.75) says "hi."

To the general question, I think it's a tough deal to make, but I can't see Kuznetsov or Forsberg functioning as the biggest asset in a deal unless there are multiple other pieces. I think it would have to be one of Alzner or Carlson--and I think the Caps would (and should) pass).

Old
10-15-2012, 09:25 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I'd consider:

Johansson + Kuznetsov/Forsberg + 1st

But not 100% sure about it.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Chukcha

Eriksson + Benn for Backstrom + Orlov.
Or Eriksson + Benn + 1st for Ovechkin + Perreault + 2nd.

Closed Thread