HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OKC Barons @ Lake Erie Monsters 10/13 11:00AM MDT Barons Revenge Or Monster Mash 2?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2012, 06:03 AM
  #726
Hoogaar23
Registered User
 
Hoogaar23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,468
vCash: 500
I'm not writing Paajarvi off yet, but I will say I was expecting him to be the best of the 3 rookies 2 years ago after his great performance at the 2010 WHC and the 4 points in his first pre-season game. At this point I suppose a Dvorak type would be fine, but it's a lot less than what I had hoped for. He will be an NHLer for a long time - just too many tools not to. I'm still holding out hope for him to put it all together on offense though,

Hoogaar23 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 06:49 AM
  #727
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
I watched the second period of the Lake Erie/Marlie game last night. The Monsters won 4-0.

I must say watching them play in HD on a much bigger screen gave me a better sense of what they were like as a team than watching the AHL live feed. Lake Erie reminds me of Phoenix in a way. You think you should roll over them but they trap, block shots, clog the middle, deflect passes and don't give up any rebounds.

The Marlies scored 3 pp goals on opening night but were completely frustrated by EL last night. They had about a dozen pps' with 2 5-3's. My guess is that when teams get their pp's working better that Erie will pay for there lack of discipline. But right now they are tough to score on.

Fourier is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 08:38 AM
  #728
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
If you have any posts from 2010 stating this I wouldnt be offended if you posted them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I remember arguing against him when he stated that so based on memory alone I recall it happening. I actually posted about it before he posted his last post
haha, i didn't even see your post about this BBO... i'd still rather you be right about paajarvi, and he be a top-6 guy with offence, i just don't see it

as far as 2010 posts, yeah i'm not gonna do that, i haven't exactly had the best of luck with searching for posts before.... i guess you'll just have to believe me.... but now that i think about it, i suppose it could have been early 2011 i first started my "dvorak-hypothesis", as that would have been half way through his rookie season... at any point, i've been saying it for a long time... if you want to quibble about 1.5 years rather than 2 years, have at it

jadeddog is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
  #729
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
I see that RNH and Eberle haven't hit the scoresheet yet in the AHL but how have they looked thus far?

Reimer is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 12:01 PM
  #730
oilers89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Does anyone know if the Barons will be playing any games in Edmonton this year, if the lockout continues?
I think i remember them playing a home and home with the heat in edmonton and calgary during the last lockout?

oilers89 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 12:09 PM
  #731
doubledown99
Registered User
 
doubledown99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
I actually recall Jadeddog comparing MPS to Dvorak way back. Can't remember when it was but it was a while ago and he was the first or one of the first that made the comparison. The reason I recall it was that I remember reading and thinking MPS will be better (or hoping he was). But looks like the comparison was bang on

doubledown99 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
  #732
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers89 View Post
Does anyone know if the Barons will be playing any games in Edmonton this year, if the lockout continues?
I think i remember them playing a home and home with the heat in edmonton and calgary during the last lockout?
Last lockout the Edmonton Roadrunners were based in Edmonton.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
  #733
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,798
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
I actually recall Jadeddog comparing MPS to Dvorak way back. Can't remember when it was but it was a while ago and he was the first or one of the first that made the comparison. The reason I recall it was that I remember reading and thinking MPS will be better (or hoping he was). But looks like the comparison was bang on
I can't recall who made the comparison first...I may have read on Lowetides blog myself.

In any event it struck me as a very apt comparison. If jadeddog came up with that first then kudos to him becaue I think he has nailed it.

The difference between me and some posters is just perspective...I think the Dvorak comparison is a positive and not a negative.

guymez is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 03:05 PM
  #734
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
How has Lander looked for far
Gritty, solid on the PK, like a future bottom 6 NHL center that can play on the PK IMO. I'd keep him on the farm all year and have him work on his role and then next year open a spot for him if he looks ready (likely move Belanger out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
haha, i didn't even see your post about this BBO... i'd still rather you be right about paajarvi, and he be a top-6 guy with offence, i just don't see it

as far as 2010 posts, yeah i'm not gonna do that, i haven't exactly had the best of luck with searching for posts before.... i guess you'll just have to believe me.... but now that i think about it, i suppose it could have been early 2011 i first started my "dvorak-hypothesis", as that would have been half way through his rookie season... at any point, i've been saying it for a long time... if you want to quibble about 1.5 years rather than 2 years, have at it
Like I said I thought that he had more going for him offensively, but he hasn't been showing it yet. I hope that my initial assessment was right too, but we'll have to wait and see. I remember Ray Bourque saying that he looked like a 1st line NHLer in his last WJC's so if he doesn't get there I'm not the only one that was wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
I can't recall who made the comparison first...I may have read on Lowetides blog myself.

In any event it struck me as a very apt comparison. If jadeddog came up with that first then kudos to him becaue I think he has nailed it.

The difference between me and some posters is just perspective...I think the Dvorak comparison is a positive and not a negative.
I'd still prefer him being the defensive presence on one of our top 2 lines and also contribute decently offensively, but teams have different roles and if he can become a shut down type of a player I can think of a lot less important roles on teams, so it'd still be a + for us.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.