HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft) - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Sif

vCash: 500
Tappara with a 1-0 lead after one. Shots 12-7 in favour of Brynäs.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:02 AM
thomast

Tappara leads Brynäs 1-0 but Brynäs was better team. Barkov and Lindholm didn't do much but Barkov was more involved to the game than Lindholm.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:19 AM
nonoob12

is there any radio prodcast at this ET game ????

Old
10-15-2012, 11:26 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
if barkov keep this up i believe he could go 1st overall this year
I doubt it. He's a doing really tremendous things this year, especially for a 17yo in a mens league, and I think he's going to be a great player, but he doesn't have the explosive/dynamic/wow factor to put him above someone like MacKinnon.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Silfver

Hansen ties the game....and Harju scores too ;D

but im in need of a stream! !!

Old
10-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Tuomaz

Tappara is apparently playing lazy and not giving 100% per europeantrophy site.

Edit: Why are they playing these games if neither team bothers to play 100%?

Old
10-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post

Because it's in the tournament schedule. Name the last time a game was dropped from a schedule because it had no meaning?

Old
10-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Leehh

Quote:

For me it looks like they are little bit confused because not being able to play their own game. Also Barkov best player on ice by far.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Andros

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I doubt it. He's a doing really tremendous things this year, especially for a 17yo in a mens league, and I think he's going to be a great player, but he doesn't have the explosive/dynamic/wow factor to put him above someone like MacKinnon.
Not that I disagree about MacKinnon being the more likely first pick (and I'd bet on him becoming the better player as well), but I think a lot of the "explosive/dynamic/wow factor" that often gets brought up when talking about promising prospects in the Canadian juniors in comparison to the ones playing in other leagues is just an illusion created by weaker competition in the CHL compared to the major leagues in Europe. It's a lot easier to look flashy and dynamic against kids in the CHL than against the adult pros in the better Euro leagues.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:13 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Because it's in the tournament schedule. Name the last time a game was dropped from a schedule because it had no meaning?
I don't get it, this game DOES have meaning. For both teams? If Tappara loses in regulation they will need other results to go their way, if I read the standings right.

Brynas coach also said that resting a few guys has nothing to do with not caring, they just don't want to risk further injuries to guys who aren't 100%. They still want to win.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
It's more easy to look explosive against bunch of kids. Though I agree McKinnon will go 1st overall if something drastic doesn't happen.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:25 PM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I don't get it, this game DOES have meaning. For both teams? If Tappara loses in regulation they will need other results to go their way, if I read the standings right.

Brynas coach also said that resting a few guys has nothing to do with not caring, they just don't want to risk further injuries to guys who aren't 100%. They still want to win.
16:30 We're just killing time here at the moment. Brynäs is going to win the game, Tappara is going to win the division.

That's from the tournament site.. so yeah kind of a useless game Brynäs would have needed 3 more goals to take the division win I believe?

EDIT: About 10 minutes until the game starts. If this reporter has understood everything correctly, Brynäs needs at least a five-goal win today to win the whole division. Otherwise Tappara wins it. The speculation about going to the final tournament as a second team in the division is way too difficult.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Tuomaz

3rd period: Brynas goalie 5 saves. Tappara's goalie 0 saves. Are you ****ing kidding me. These games should not be played.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:31 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nn View Post
16:30 We're just killing time here at the moment. Brynäs is going to win the game, Tappara is going to win the division.

That's from the tournament site.. so yeah kind of a useless game Brynäs would have needed 3 more goals to take the division win I believe?

EDIT: About 10 minutes until the game starts. If this reporter has understood everything correctly, Brynäs needs at least a five-goal win today to win the whole division. Otherwise Tappara wins it. The speculation about going to the final tournament as a second team in the division is way too difficult.
Oh well, that's stupid from a suspense POV if they have goal differencial before H2H. But makes more sense with the comments here, thanks.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Barkov vs Lindholm who impressed the most?

Old
10-15-2012, 12:57 PM
sirMcDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Barkov vs Lindholm who impressed the most?
Was Lindholm playing?!

Old
10-15-2012, 01:28 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros View Post
Not that I disagree about MacKinnon being the more likely first pick (and I'd bet on him becoming the better player as well), but I think a lot of the "explosive/dynamic/wow factor" that often gets brought up when talking about promising prospects in the Canadian juniors in comparison to the ones playing in other leagues is just an illusion created by weaker competition in the CHL compared to the major leagues in Europe. It's a lot easier to look flashy and dynamic against kids in the CHL than against the adult pros in the better Euro leagues.
That's why I say this again: WJC's will be very telling, Barkov has to shine there to go 1st overall. And possibly Mackinnon has to suck. And maybe Seth Jones too.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Pellegrino

Quote:
3rd period: Brynas goalie 5 saves. Tappara's goalie 0 saves. Are you ****ing kidding me. These games should not be played.
Well, they are glorified friendly games. Great games to have during the pre-season, not so great to have now...

Old
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Leehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirMcDuck View Post
Was Lindholm playing?!
To be honest he was pretty nondescript if you compare to any other 17 year old.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:49 PM
ToneBone03
LEAFS

17 year old center with size leading his team in scoring in one of the best European men's leagues? Are we looking at a player than can potentially dethrone Nathan MacKinnon here? He looks like a pretty spectacular player.

Also, with his late birthday, him and MacKinnon could very well be candidates for the youngest players in the 2013 draft.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneBone03 View Post
17 year old center with size leading his team in scoring in one of the best European men's leagues? Are we looking at a player than can potentially dethrone Nathan MacKinnon here? He looks like a pretty spectacular player.

Also, with his late birthday, him and MacKinnon could very well be candidates for the youngest players in the 2013 draft.
He seems to be the near consensus #3 at this point behind Mackinnon and Jones, but many people believe he could make a serious push for #1.

Old
10-19-2012, 01:02 AM
jonlin

Quote:

I`d say that if he was North-American he could possible go No 1. If he doesnt have a superb season he doesn`t stand a chance. I think he`ll go No 3-5 if he stays healthy! He hasn`t got much help on his team though...

I actually bought 2 tickets to the TPS-Tappara game tomorrow so I`ll be watching him live for the second time this year! Kris Russell, Petteri Nummelin, Lauri Korpikoski and Alec Martinez(and hopefully Mikko Koivu) dressing for TPS too. Barkov will have to beat some good D to get points here!

Old
10-19-2012, 07:50 AM
jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Kris Russell, Petteri Nummelin, Lauri Korpikoski and Alec Martinez(and hopefully Mikko Koivu) dressing for TPS too. Barkov will have to beat some good D to get points here!
And Aki Berg behind the bench.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:55 AM
jonlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
And Aki Berg behind the bench.
Maybe Tappara has a good chance after all...?

Old
10-19-2012, 08:10 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast of Champs View Post
He seems to be the near consensus #3 at this point behind Mackinnon and Jones, but many people believe he could make a serious push for #1.
yup, he seems to have moved ahead of Sean Monahan to the #3 spot. i suppose at draft time, he could go #1 if he continues his strong play? it wouldn't be out of the question i suppose?

Closed Thread