HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIII - The "No, you go first" edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

vCash: 500
Talks to continue Tuesday. Sigh.

Old
10-13-2012, 07:56 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Talks to continue Tuesday. Sigh.
Talks to continue Wednesday....

....Thursday....

....Friday......

....Satur...OH WAIT! They get Weekends off.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

No progress in CBA negotiations.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Yeah so what's tomorrows talk about? Drug testing? Mortgage/rent reimbursement? Other crap? No economic issues again?

Old
10-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Yeah so what's tomorrows talk about? Drug testing? Mortgage/rent reimbursement? Other crap? No economic issues again?
Undisclosed issues and it's taking place in Toronto both good signs...but then again these two sides can't agree on what to have for lunch so...

Old
10-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Undisclosed issues and it's taking place in Toronto both good signs...but then again these two sides can't agree on what to have for lunch so...
The undisclosed issues are probably the things I listed. After all they feel talking about those things will eventually bring them to talking about core economic issues!

Then there's the belief that once we get the economic issues resolved, we'll be able to get all those other things hammered out right away!

Man I love making fun of this whole complete joke of a lockout.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Bill Daly hints that the #NHL may make the next offer. The NHL has been waiting for the #NHLPA to make a counter-offer for about a mo.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
apice3*

Just a patter of when. The players haven't budged at all. The owners seem like they're more eager to get something done, but the NHLPA wants what's right. I kind of respect and don't respect both sides.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Just a patter of when. The players haven't budged at all. The owners seem like they're more eager to get something done, but the NHLPA wants what's right. I kind of respect and don't respect both sides.
Both sides can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned. When they start respecting the fans, you know, the same people who help supply the damn money they're fighting over, then I may consider returning the favor.

The more I read about this lockout, the more disgusted I become and it really pisses me off how this league, both players and ownership, are so hellbent on dragging the sport through the mud like this. It doesn't matter who is wrong or who is right, they're all guilty of being greedy ****ing pigs looking for a bigger piece of the pie. That's it. Money is what its all about and always will be about.

The thought of having to crawl back to these idiots just to even watch high level hockey just really upsets me. Both camps seem to have tons of pride and are very strong willed. Well fans need to be the same way imho. I'll have to force myself, and it's going to be tough, but I just can't allow this league to see even a single penny from my pocket, certainly not this year. If enough fans finally do that, maybe we wont have to continue dealing with this garbage every several years. When is enough, enough?

They've already **** all over this season so they can shove it for all I care. This lockout, more than any other, is a real slap in the face. To have lost all of 05 and be right back at this point.....SMFH. I was very stupid to give these guys the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't let this happen.

Last edited by Sir Fenwick Corsi: 10-15-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old
10-15-2012, 02:41 PM
apice3*

But, like myself, you will probably go to opening night when it happens, won't you?

It's unrequited love. I've accepted that the owners and players don't really care about us, but I don't watch the sport for their fan appreciation. I watch it because it's great entertainment.

NASCAR is a sport that has the best fan appreciation out of any sport in the US. But it's boring as **** so I'm not going to watch it.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

I'll be right there opening night as well. I love the game and I'm not going to let the business aspect of it ruin it for me. It pisses me off, but there's nothing I can do to change it.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
But, like myself, you will probably go to opening night when it happens, won't you?

It's unrequited love. I've accepted that the owners and players don't really care about us, but I don't watch the sport for their fan appreciation. I watch it because it's great entertainment.

NASCAR is a sport that has the best fan appreciation out of any sport in the US. But it's boring as **** so I'm not going to watch it.
Honestly, well at least for me, it feels different this time. I'm just really tired of dealing with this. As bad as 05 was, the league was having trouble and we were all prepared for the lockout. There was always the real threat that it could wipe out the season and it eventually did. But I think fans sucked it up because it was at least portrayed that it was being done with the best interest of the game in mind. Now, not so much.

The fact that the league knows that most people are going to go right back to them because there isn't anything else close in terms of quality of play, well that just pisses me off to no end. It has to stop. There are so many things you can spend your money on. If they want to take that risk, well I'd really like to see them pay for it for ****ing once. That's the only way this is going to stop. See, I don't need these fools to "care" me or anything like that. They just need to stop ****ing with us and play the damn game. Where is the excuse to lose games when you have years in advance to hammer this **** out? There is no excuse.

Last edited by Sir Fenwick Corsi: 10-15-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old
10-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
They've already **** all over this season so they can shove it for all I care. This lockout, more than any other, is a real slap in the face. To have lost all of 05 and be right back at this point.....SMFH. I was very stupid to give these guys the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't let this happen.
This sums it up best for me right here. Don't feel stupid cause I was right there with you. I guess we just underestimated the stupidity of the league, and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Not to get political, but the best way to put it was the first lockout was like WW2. There was a reason for it. This one is like Vietnam, and many other conflicts that have followed. FOR WHAT?

I want hockey back now, but if it takes until January I might be over it by then. Which is why if their plan is to not cave until the Winter Classic, then I hope they ****in lose their precious POS Winter Classic too! **** THEM! They deserve it!

Old
10-15-2012, 03:08 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Yeah I can't really use the word respect for either side this time. Last time I honestly did think the system needed to be overhauled and teams were in danger, but that's not the case this time. Profits and the cap keep going up every year, and yet the owners are treating a CBA that they spent a whole bloody year to extract like it was so bad for them.

I understand the players not wanting to just roll over to the owners who are trying to bully them AND us and using leverage on both fronts but by the same token I find it hard to take them seriously either, when they keep insisting on a majority of the profit and a short-term CBA (as if this mess doesn't happen often though).

Old
10-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
This sums it up best for me right here. Don't feel stupid cause I was right there with you. I guess we just underestimated the stupidity of the league, and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Not to get political, but the best way to put it was the first lockout was like WW2. There was a reason for it. This one is like Vietnam, and many other conflicts that have followed. FOR WHAT?

I want hockey back now, but if it takes until January I might be over it by then. Which is why if their plan is to not cave until the Winter Classic, then I hope they ****in lose their precious POS Winter Classic too! **** THEM! They deserve it!
Well not to worry! They'll just paint "Thank You Fans" on the ice and all we be forgiven. Where is the jerk it emoticon when you really need one.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm actually at the point now where I genuinely want this to drag out as long as possible so they damage the league as much as possible. One way or another, I want both parties to pay through the nose and maybe, just maybe, it will get to the point where people supporting this league will have finally had enough, be it fans, networks, advertisers, you name it.

For me, the season is already tainted beyond repair. It's weird saying that considering the 95 Cup Run, but who the **** wants to see another season with an * next to it? I certainly don't. One time is plenty enough.This is not the type of thing that should become a possibility every several years.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

If anything the one thing I've enjoyed, and had fun with during this lockout is reading Eklund! This guy posts a blog at least once a week with all this optimism, and how things will get better. By Labor Day he was saying negotiations are going on in secret, and then the weekend before the lockout he said his sources said there's a good chance they'll let the training camps start on time, and negotiate along with the new CBA.

Now he's saying this week is good news, and a bunch of other crap. I know he's long since been exposed as a non credible source, but for those who still don't believe, he's just getting worse, and worse.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Last time I honestly did think the system needed to be overhauled and teams were in danger, but that's not the case this time. Profits and the cap keep going up every year, and yet the owners are treating a CBA that they spent a whole bloody year to extract like it was so bad for them.
I haven't kept on top of things this time around, but I was under the impression that most teams still aren't making a profit. Revenue is going up (the cap is tied to revenue), but that doesn't necessarily mean individual teams are coming out ahead.

Quote:
If anything the one thing I've enjoyed, and had fun with during this lockout is reading Eklund! This guy posts a blog at least once a week with all this optimism, and how things will get better. By Labor Day he was saying negotiations are going on in secret, and then the weekend before the lockout he said his sources said there's a good chance they'll let the training camps start on time, and negotiate along with the new CBA.

Now he's saying this week is good news, and a bunch of other crap. I know he's long since been exposed as a non credible source, but for those who still don't believe, he's just getting worse, and worse.
Eklund is probably the reason I haven't bothered to keep up with the day-to-day speculation this time around. Last lockout he kept posting that stuff and got everybody overly optimistic.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
CerebralGenesis

Don't tell the business board that, some guy came on saying how great Eklund is at this stuff and he was as well connected as anyone last lockout.

But no, I will most definitely be dialing down my income to the league once they return. Granted, I'm only shelling out several $100s at them over a year, but they can pencil that small tenth of a percentage out of their revenues.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Came in to post the most epic youtube video I've ever seen. Should help relieve some lockout stress.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Grant View Post
Came in to post the most epic youtube video I've ever seen. Should help relieve some lockout stress.
Thanks for reminding me that channel still exists. Haven`t checked it in months and look what we missed.

This brought tears to my eyes. Let`s all hope the lockout ends soon.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Bill Daly hints that the #NHL may make the next offer. The NHL has been waiting for the #NHLPA to make a counter-offer for about a mo.
I misread that as "NHL may take the next offer" and got too excited for a second.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I wanna type No progress in CBA negotiations as many times before my hands fall off. That's how annoyed they've got me. I just saw some other crap about no side expected to make a proposal tomorrow.

Alright off to drug testing, mortgage reimbursement, and other BS again!

Phrase of the 2012/2013 NHL season so far to live by.

No progress in CBA negotiations.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Old
10-15-2012, 09:20 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
What an awful picture.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Those Wild jerseys look a lot better than the red, and green elf colors. Before someone compares them to the Devils old retro jerseys I don't think they look quite the same, but regardless I never cared for the pre 92 colors. I only have a few of those old jerseys, because I love the Devils more than I hate the jerseys.

Closed Thread