HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2012, 01:30 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Loktionov was, for the second game in a row (third if you count the first preseason game they streamed), the best player on the ice. He was a threat every time he was out there. He was a beast shorthanded and had multiple opportunities for another shorthanded goal. This kid will succeed at the NHL level for sure in my mind. I just don't see it being with the Kings sadly.
As others have said, Prokhorkin was very solid. Plays physical and has skill too. Such a great pick.

The 'Narchs D overall seems to be very aggressive. They love to pinch and sometimes it causes problems, especially with Hickey. Gotta say though I loved Muzzin's game today. Very physical and didn't have any real glaring mistakes that I noticed.
If there is any silver lining to the lockout lasting this entire year, it's that it gives Loki a full year to improve his game and hopefully give Stoll a run for his money as the third line center...

Old
10-14-2012, 02:34 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
If there is any silver lining to the lockout lasting this entire year, it's that it gives Loki a full year to improve his game and hopefully give Stoll a run for his money as the third line center...
I've been saying forever that Lokti is great defensively and people always seemed to not fully believe me. Hopefully this lockout can also show some others of our fanbase what I've known for a long time.

Really the only things to me holding Lokti back are muscle, which he still needs to add, confidence, and ice time. The last two go hand in hand. He's never really had a coach that seemed to really trust him and let him play a lot at the NHL level. And most of the time in the NHL level has been on the 4th line, which isn't going to help him at all. He can't play a checking role. He CAN however play a very solid two way game and chip in more offensively than Mr. High and Wide Stoll.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:03 AM
Wild Moose
Rookie User

Is there a place where I can watch highlights online?

Thanks

Old
10-14-2012, 05:32 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I've been saying forever that Lokti is great defensively and people always seemed to not fully believe me. Hopefully this lockout can also show some others of our fanbase what I've known for a long time.

Really the only things to me holding Lokti back are muscle, which he still needs to add, confidence, and ice time. The last two go hand in hand. He's never really had a coach that seemed to really trust him and let him play a lot at the NHL level. And most of the time in the NHL level has been on the 4th line, which isn't going to help him at all. He can't play a checking role. He CAN however play a very solid two way game and chip in more offensively than Mr. High and Wide Stoll.
I thought the sky was yellow

Old
10-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Porkins plays the body and has size.
The kid's gonna be good.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Jordan Nolan Broken Finger (3-4 weeks)

http://mayorsmanor.com/2012/10/confi...ht-last-night/

Quote:
While it’s officially being listed as an ‘upper body’ injury, Manchester coach Mark Morris told local reporters it was a broken finger. The Monarchs went on to win the game 3-1. However, Nolan won’t suit up for tonight’s game vs. the Albany Devils and he’s expected to be out a few weeks.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
10-14-2012, 12:40 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Moose View Post
Is there a place where I can watch highlights online?

Thanks
All ahl highlights are on ahllive.com

Highlights from last night's 2-1 win over the Devils! You can see Prokhorkin (#17) make a nice play that leads to Kolomatis's 2nd goal.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6027

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 10-14-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old
10-14-2012, 04:00 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Wow, actual hockey was actually being played.

Old
10-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Prokhorkin looks damn good, very impressed by his tenacity and playmaking and puck handling abilities. He's looking like another late round gem uncovered by the Kings' scouts. Hopefully Loktionov has a change of heart and the Kings manage to find a way to get him on the roster this year (or next). I think if he just waited another year, he'll be assured of a spot on the roster and will have earned it. Voynov stuck it out and it paid off for him.

Old
10-14-2012, 06:43 PM
KingLB

I still don't get why fans (and maybe Kings staff) think the Kings need a "prototypical 3rd line center". The Kings already have Kopi and Richards....there is no need for a "shutdown" center, Kopi/Richards already handle the top competition. Stoll (and whoever plays 3rd line center) can/and will be given all the cream puff assignments...

Only thing losing a Stoll would really hurt would be F/O since Kopi/Richards are rather average in that department. (then again Carter isn't bad)

Old
10-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I wouldn't mind seeing more offense generated from the third line, giving opposing teams a tougher task to defend against. Loktionov with his passing skills and creativity can mesh well with King's size and grit and Lewis's hustle.

Stoll can't be pushed aside though because of the contract he signed and the way his line performed in the playoffs. He has hands of stone but he makes up for it with his competitiveness. Who knows, he might excel under a full year with Darryl Sutter, and Loktionov could find himself on the roster if anyone gets injured or if Lombardi simply decides that he's ready and he creates an opening for him.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
damacles1156

Huge Loki Homer,

But potential is no longer enough to make the Kings roster.

Loki has to outplay Stoll. They both sucked last year, (minus playoff's).

If Stoll plays this short season (if there is one) like he played the playoff's. Loki is not making the roster, (unless he moves to wing).

Loki is not going to get top six minutes on the Kings, or PP time. It's never going to happen, so the Kid has to adjust his game to make the Kings roster.

Has to get better in the Face off Circle, and play much better along the boards. He doesn't have to be a physical Center like Kopi, Richards, Stoll. But you have to come out with pucks from the corner.

If Stoll plays like he did in the playoff's; and puts up 10 to 15 G + 20 to 30A, Loki is done as a King.

Last edited by damacles1156: 10-14-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old
10-14-2012, 09:46 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Really interested to see how Martin Jones plays this year. Will he be the back-up of the future?

He played really well the first two games besides yesterday's goal. That was a juicy rebound that never should have happened.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Johnny Utah

Bummer about Nolan. He had a sick goal in the pre-season and two fights so far. He was playing with a lot of confidence and at the AHL he can be a Milan Lucic player with that size and skill.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:42 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Huge Loki Homer,

But potential is no longer enough to make the Kings roster.

Loki has to outplay Stoll. They both sucked last year, (minus playoff's).

If Stoll plays this short season (if there is one) like he played the playoff's. Loki is not making the roster, (unless he moves to wing).

Loki is not going to get top six minutes on the Kings, or PP time. It's never going to happen, so the Kid has to adjust his game to make the Kings roster.

Has to get better in the Face off Circle, and play much better along the boards. He doesn't have to be a physical Center like Kopi, Richards, Stoll. But you have to come out with pucks from the corner.

If Stoll plays like he did in the playoff's; and puts up 10 to 15 G + 20 to 30A, Loki is done as a King.
I have always like Loktionov's game as well. My concern with him is will he ever get better (good enough) with his play along the boards to operate as a winger in the Kings' system.

He is great attacking and dishing the puck in open ice and seems much more comfortable at center.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Pucknut50

Nobody is considering injury. Kopi, Richards, Stoll, or Fraser goes down, we will need Loktionov to step in. Carter can center so if Kopi goes down I can see Carter going to Center. Richardson is also available but I see Loktionov as an important backup.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:29 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Nobody is considering injury. Kopi, Richards, Stoll, or Fraser goes down, we will need Loktionov to step in. Carter can center so if Kopi goes down I can see Carter going to Center. Richardson is also available but I see Loktionov as an important backup.
Lewis as well, the Kings have a glut of NHL players at center. Loki isn't even one injury away from the NHL sadly, as I'd say Nolan is the first forward call-up now. Loki needs to get stronger and come into camp and prove that he is the better all-around player than Stoll which is going to be tough. Stoll can always be sent somewhere in trade as there's always a need for solid two-way centers that are strong in the faceoff circle.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Johnny Utah

Kings are loaded at center.

Kopitar
Richards
Stoll
Fraser

Those were the 4 playoff centers. Carter, Lewis and Richardson can play center.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Fishhead

Stoll has quite a bit over Lokti right now - competitiveness, confidence, face-off ability, leadership, and physicality. Andrei can have all the skill in the world, but it wont matter unless he starts taking it to the middle of the ice with a purpose to get chances (see: Patrick O'Sullivan). He had a beautiful goal the other night, yea, but he doesn't even try that in an NHL game. Personally I think he's still gun shy from that shoulder injury he suffered during his first go round with the Kings.

I'm surprised at how much Stoll's physical game is overlooked. Other players just don't like playing against the guy, he's always getting yapped at. He's tenacious, annoying in the circle if you have to take a draw against him, and he'll hit you every chance he gets. Last year was an anomaly scoring for him, he's generally in the 40 point range. His value is going to depend on if he can get back to that level. If he does, you really can't do much better for your third line. And he's still solid defensively. He had a positive Corsi even though he had one of the worst offensive zone start %'s of the team. He had a higher Corsi than Lokti, even though the latter started in the offensive zone a ridiculous 61% of the time.

I like Lokti's game, but he just doesn't fit anymore. The days of plugging a younger skilled guy in the top-6 and hoping he produces are over. He would flourish somewhere like Edmonton, and I hope he gets the chance. Part of me feels bad because he's stuck around and paid his dues, but the other part of me can't see anything because the cup is blocking it's view. The cup that was won because we physically and mentally overwhelmed teams in the playoffs with aggressive play and tenacity, none of which Lokti brings.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:51 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Dude, the fact that people are ragging on Stoll after what happened in the playoffs gives me no hope that these particular fans will ever really appreciate his game no matter how rationally an argument is presented in his favor. He flat out dominated at points and he scored the sickest goal of the whole run.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Johnny Utah

I was ready to throw the towel in on Stoll until the playoffs. 2 goals, 3 assists, but scored one of the biggest goals in the first round. Like Fishhead said, a lot of players get agitated with Stoll because of his physical play and faceoff skills.

Also, google pics of Stoll, he is in good shape. Plus, remember he showed up at the Richard's presser? Lombardi said he always has a teammate with him. He has represented the Kings quite a few times over the past few years because he is in LA full time. The Kings love Stoll.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I was ready to throw the towel in on Stoll until the playoffs. 2 goals, 3 assists, but scored one of the biggest goals in the first round. Like Fishhead said, a lot of players get agitated with Stoll because of his physical play and faceoff skills.

Also, google pics of Stoll, he is in good shape. Plus, remember he showed up at the Richard's presser? Lombardi said he always has a teammate with him. He has represented the Kings quite a few times over the past few years because he is in LA full time. The Kings love Stoll.
I see Stoll being the next player that will retire and stay in LA. We'll be seeing him for years at events.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
I see Stoll being the next player that will retire and stay in LA. We'll be seeing him for years at events.
Seriously, he's not going anywhere I don't think unless he wants to.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:59 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
Dude, the fact that people are ragging on Stoll after what happened in the playoffs gives me no hope that these particular fans will ever really appreciate his game no matter how rationally an argument is presented in his favor. He flat out dominated at points and he scored the sickest goal of the whole run.
The overtime goal against Vancouver? He does that exact same move on almost every shootout breakaway, or shoot from that angle he has. Dude has picking that corner down. It's a fantastic move but yeah quite a few Kings fans expect him to take that shot.

Quote:
If he stays, it's only because he takes less money to plow through all the models in LA...

Old
10-16-2012, 02:26 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Marc-Andre Cliche is a better fit for our system than Loktionov. If Stoll or Fraser get hurt, you can slide Jeff Carter to 2C and Richards to 3C or Lewis 3C. Also, Cliche will eventually be a perfect bottom 6 guy, he's paid his dues and has been the captain of Manchester for the past 2 years now.

Closed Thread