HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2012, 01:30 AM
  #151
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Loktionov was, for the second game in a row (third if you count the first preseason game they streamed), the best player on the ice. He was a threat every time he was out there. He was a beast shorthanded and had multiple opportunities for another shorthanded goal. This kid will succeed at the NHL level for sure in my mind. I just don't see it being with the Kings sadly.
As others have said, Prokhorkin was very solid. Plays physical and has skill too. Such a great pick.

The 'Narchs D overall seems to be very aggressive. They love to pinch and sometimes it causes problems, especially with Hickey. Gotta say though I loved Muzzin's game today. Very physical and didn't have any real glaring mistakes that I noticed.
If there is any silver lining to the lockout lasting this entire year, it's that it gives Loki a full year to improve his game and hopefully give Stoll a run for his money as the third line center...

tigermask48 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 02:34 AM
  #152
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
If there is any silver lining to the lockout lasting this entire year, it's that it gives Loki a full year to improve his game and hopefully give Stoll a run for his money as the third line center...
I've been saying forever that Lokti is great defensively and people always seemed to not fully believe me. Hopefully this lockout can also show some others of our fanbase what I've known for a long time.

Really the only things to me holding Lokti back are muscle, which he still needs to add, confidence, and ice time. The last two go hand in hand. He's never really had a coach that seemed to really trust him and let him play a lot at the NHL level. And most of the time in the NHL level has been on the 4th line, which isn't going to help him at all. He can't play a checking role. He CAN however play a very solid two way game and chip in more offensively than Mr. High and Wide Stoll.

CNS is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 05:03 AM
  #153
Wild Moose
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Is there a place where I can watch highlights online?

Thanks

Wild Moose is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 05:32 AM
  #154
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger
 
drugold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane,
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 2,417
vCash: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I've been saying forever that Lokti is great defensively and people always seemed to not fully believe me. Hopefully this lockout can also show some others of our fanbase what I've known for a long time.

Really the only things to me holding Lokti back are muscle, which he still needs to add, confidence, and ice time. The last two go hand in hand. He's never really had a coach that seemed to really trust him and let him play a lot at the NHL level. And most of the time in the NHL level has been on the 4th line, which isn't going to help him at all. He can't play a checking role. He CAN however play a very solid two way game and chip in more offensively than Mr. High and Wide Stoll.
I thought the sky was yellow

drugold is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 06:14 AM
  #155
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Porkins plays the body and has size.
The kid's gonna be good.

Albi is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 11:55 AM
  #156
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,700
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Jordan Nolan Broken Finger (3-4 weeks)

http://mayorsmanor.com/2012/10/confi...ht-last-night/



Quote:
While it’s officially being listed as an ‘upper body’ injury, Manchester coach Mark Morris told local reporters it was a broken finger. The Monarchs went on to win the game 3-1. However, Nolan won’t suit up for tonight’s game vs. the Albany Devils and he’s expected to be out a few weeks.

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 12:40 PM
  #157
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Moose View Post
Is there a place where I can watch highlights online?

Thanks
All ahl highlights are on ahllive.com


Highlights from last night's 2-1 win over the Devils! You can see Prokhorkin (#17) make a nice play that leads to Kolomatis's 2nd goal.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6027


Last edited by CTKingsFan: 10-14-2012 at 12:48 PM.
CTKingsFan is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 04:00 PM
  #158
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,987
vCash: 500
Wow, actual hockey was actually being played.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 06:29 PM
  #159
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,275
vCash: 500
Prokhorkin looks damn good, very impressed by his tenacity and playmaking and puck handling abilities. He's looking like another late round gem uncovered by the Kings' scouts. Hopefully Loktionov has a change of heart and the Kings manage to find a way to get him on the roster this year (or next). I think if he just waited another year, he'll be assured of a spot on the roster and will have earned it. Voynov stuck it out and it paid off for him.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 06:43 PM
  #160
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
I still don't get why fans (and maybe Kings staff) think the Kings need a "prototypical 3rd line center". The Kings already have Kopi and Richards....there is no need for a "shutdown" center, Kopi/Richards already handle the top competition. Stoll (and whoever plays 3rd line center) can/and will be given all the cream puff assignments...

Only thing losing a Stoll would really hurt would be F/O since Kopi/Richards are rather average in that department. (then again Carter isn't bad)

KingLB is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 06:50 PM
  #161
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,275
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind seeing more offense generated from the third line, giving opposing teams a tougher task to defend against. Loktionov with his passing skills and creativity can mesh well with King's size and grit and Lewis's hustle.

Stoll can't be pushed aside though because of the contract he signed and the way his line performed in the playoffs. He has hands of stone but he makes up for it with his competitiveness. Who knows, he might excel under a full year with Darryl Sutter, and Loktionov could find himself on the roster if anyone gets injured or if Lombardi simply decides that he's ready and he creates an opening for him.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
  #162
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,398
vCash: 500
Huge Loki Homer,

But potential is no longer enough to make the Kings roster.

Loki has to outplay Stoll. They both sucked last year, (minus playoff's).

If Stoll plays this short season (if there is one) like he played the playoff's. Loki is not making the roster, (unless he moves to wing).

Loki is not going to get top six minutes on the Kings, or PP time. It's never going to happen, so the Kid has to adjust his game to make the Kings roster.

Has to get better in the Face off Circle, and play much better along the boards. He doesn't have to be a physical Center like Kopi, Richards, Stoll. But you have to come out with pucks from the corner.

If Stoll plays like he did in the playoff's; and puts up 10 to 15 G + 20 to 30A, Loki is done as a King.


Last edited by damacles1156: 10-14-2012 at 09:09 PM.
damacles1156 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 09:46 PM
  #163
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
Really interested to see how Martin Jones plays this year. Will he be the back-up of the future?

He played really well the first two games besides yesterday's goal. That was a juicy rebound that never should have happened.

TwoForRoughing is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
  #164
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,078
vCash: 500
Bummer about Nolan. He had a sick goal in the pre-season and two fights so far. He was playing with a lot of confidence and at the AHL he can be a Milan Lucic player with that size and skill.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 02:42 PM
  #165
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Huge Loki Homer,

But potential is no longer enough to make the Kings roster.

Loki has to outplay Stoll. They both sucked last year, (minus playoff's).

If Stoll plays this short season (if there is one) like he played the playoff's. Loki is not making the roster, (unless he moves to wing).

Loki is not going to get top six minutes on the Kings, or PP time. It's never going to happen, so the Kid has to adjust his game to make the Kings roster.

Has to get better in the Face off Circle, and play much better along the boards. He doesn't have to be a physical Center like Kopi, Richards, Stoll. But you have to come out with pucks from the corner.

If Stoll plays like he did in the playoff's; and puts up 10 to 15 G + 20 to 30A, Loki is done as a King.
I have always like Loktionov's game as well. My concern with him is will he ever get better (good enough) with his play along the boards to operate as a winger in the Kings' system.

He is great attacking and dishing the puck in open ice and seems much more comfortable at center.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 02:53 PM
  #166
Pucknut50
Registered User
 
Pucknut50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 500
Nobody is considering injury. Kopi, Richards, Stoll, or Fraser goes down, we will need Loktionov to step in. Carter can center so if Kopi goes down I can see Carter going to Center. Richardson is also available but I see Loktionov as an important backup.

Pucknut50 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 03:29 PM
  #167
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Nobody is considering injury. Kopi, Richards, Stoll, or Fraser goes down, we will need Loktionov to step in. Carter can center so if Kopi goes down I can see Carter going to Center. Richardson is also available but I see Loktionov as an important backup.
Lewis as well, the Kings have a glut of NHL players at center. Loki isn't even one injury away from the NHL sadly, as I'd say Nolan is the first forward call-up now. Loki needs to get stronger and come into camp and prove that he is the better all-around player than Stoll which is going to be tough. Stoll can always be sent somewhere in trade as there's always a need for solid two-way centers that are strong in the faceoff circle.

tigermask48 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 04:00 PM
  #168
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,078
vCash: 500
Kings are loaded at center.

Kopitar
Richards
Stoll
Fraser

Those were the 4 playoff centers. Carter, Lewis and Richardson can play center.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 04:42 PM
  #169
Fishhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 500
Stoll has quite a bit over Lokti right now - competitiveness, confidence, face-off ability, leadership, and physicality. Andrei can have all the skill in the world, but it wont matter unless he starts taking it to the middle of the ice with a purpose to get chances (see: Patrick O'Sullivan). He had a beautiful goal the other night, yea, but he doesn't even try that in an NHL game. Personally I think he's still gun shy from that shoulder injury he suffered during his first go round with the Kings.

I'm surprised at how much Stoll's physical game is overlooked. Other players just don't like playing against the guy, he's always getting yapped at. He's tenacious, annoying in the circle if you have to take a draw against him, and he'll hit you every chance he gets. Last year was an anomaly scoring for him, he's generally in the 40 point range. His value is going to depend on if he can get back to that level. If he does, you really can't do much better for your third line. And he's still solid defensively. He had a positive Corsi even though he had one of the worst offensive zone start %'s of the team. He had a higher Corsi than Lokti, even though the latter started in the offensive zone a ridiculous 61% of the time.

I like Lokti's game, but he just doesn't fit anymore. The days of plugging a younger skilled guy in the top-6 and hoping he produces are over. He would flourish somewhere like Edmonton, and I hope he gets the chance. Part of me feels bad because he's stuck around and paid his dues, but the other part of me can't see anything because the cup is blocking it's view. The cup that was won because we physically and mentally overwhelmed teams in the playoffs with aggressive play and tenacity, none of which Lokti brings.

Fishhead is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 04:51 PM
  #170
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Dude, the fact that people are ragging on Stoll after what happened in the playoffs gives me no hope that these particular fans will ever really appreciate his game no matter how rationally an argument is presented in his favor. He flat out dominated at points and he scored the sickest goal of the whole run.

LAX attack* is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 05:10 PM
  #171
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,078
vCash: 500
I was ready to throw the towel in on Stoll until the playoffs. 2 goals, 3 assists, but scored one of the biggest goals in the first round. Like Fishhead said, a lot of players get agitated with Stoll because of his physical play and faceoff skills.

Also, google pics of Stoll, he is in good shape. Plus, remember he showed up at the Richard's presser? Lombardi said he always has a teammate with him. He has represented the Kings quite a few times over the past few years because he is in LA full time. The Kings love Stoll.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 06:12 PM
  #172
Belanger25
ZUES!
 
Belanger25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Upland
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I was ready to throw the towel in on Stoll until the playoffs. 2 goals, 3 assists, but scored one of the biggest goals in the first round. Like Fishhead said, a lot of players get agitated with Stoll because of his physical play and faceoff skills.

Also, google pics of Stoll, he is in good shape. Plus, remember he showed up at the Richard's presser? Lombardi said he always has a teammate with him. He has represented the Kings quite a few times over the past few years because he is in LA full time. The Kings love Stoll.
I see Stoll being the next player that will retire and stay in LA. We'll be seeing him for years at events.

Belanger25 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 09:15 PM
  #173
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
I see Stoll being the next player that will retire and stay in LA. We'll be seeing him for years at events.
Seriously, he's not going anywhere I don't think unless he wants to.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 10:59 PM
  #174
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
Dude, the fact that people are ragging on Stoll after what happened in the playoffs gives me no hope that these particular fans will ever really appreciate his game no matter how rationally an argument is presented in his favor. He flat out dominated at points and he scored the sickest goal of the whole run.
The overtime goal against Vancouver? He does that exact same move on almost every shootout breakaway, or shoot from that angle he has. Dude has picking that corner down. It's a fantastic move but yeah quite a few Kings fans expect him to take that shot.

Quote:
I see Stoll being the next player that will retire and stay in LA. We'll be seeing him for years at events.
If he stays, it's only because he takes less money to plow through all the models in LA...

tigermask48 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 02:26 AM
  #175
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,312
vCash: 500
Marc-Andre Cliche is a better fit for our system than Loktionov. If Stoll or Fraser get hurt, you can slide Jeff Carter to 2C and Richards to 3C or Lewis 3C. Also, Cliche will eventually be a perfect bottom 6 guy, he's paid his dues and has been the captain of Manchester for the past 2 years now.

AKAY47 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.