HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part III (First 2 weeks of season cancelled)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Rangers79

vCash: 500
Can one side just please move forward and present something? Enough of this "it's their move" or "well why can't they do it first". Just one side man up and try to save this season.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:48 PM
CostaTheCrazyGreek

Send a message via AIM to CostaTheCrazyGreek Send a message via Yahoo to CostaTheCrazyGreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
If it's your money, it's your message. I haven't been to a game since the last lockout. I'm under not illusion that it makes a like of difference. I do have an issue with giving my money to the millionaires and billionaires who want to bicker over more money than I'll ever see.
I owe you a drink

Old
10-15-2012, 03:51 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's what both sides are counting on. And no offense, but by going right back to your seats, to me at least, sends a message that you condone what's happening right now.
Just because I enjoy attending games doesn't mean I think the actions by the NHL and NHLPA are acceptable. It's an unfortunate situation to be in, but the reality for die hard fans like myself.

I'm not going to give up my passion completely just to prove a point, but I can certainly cut back on the amount of money I spend with the league -- and that's what I intend to do.

10-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Just because I enjoy attending games doesn't mean I think the actions by the NHL and NHLPA are acceptable. It's an unfortunate situation to be in, but the reality for die hard fans like myself.

I'm not going to give up my passion completely just to prove a point, but I can certainly cut back on the amount of money I spend with the league -- and that's what I intend to do.
Thats fine, I respect that.

But to be honest, its give and take. If you feel that way, you have less of a right to complain about the labor wars. Because you're helping fuel it.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:09 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post

Again, your mindset is what the league and the players are counting on.

10-15-2012, 04:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

But to be honest, its give and take. If you feel that way, you have less of a right to complain about the labor wars. Because you're helping fuel it.
Exactly.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:13 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

This getting tiresome, and seriously, im starting not to care for these bunch of imbeciles.

Hockey and the Rangers are my favorite sport/team, but im still a big Giants fan. Im a casual NBA fan, too, so i'll survive with no hockey, though it would be terrible. These owners and players are both ****ing greedy ******** and all care about making that extra million, when in reality, aren't they just losing millions not playing right now? I don't get it. Tomorrow is also what, their first meeting in weeks? This is pathetic. They haven't even negotiating on the core economic issues because each side are a bunch of babies because they feel either side won't compromise. How does that make any sense? You won't talk because other side won't compromise? Isn't that the focal point of uh, what negotiating is? Sit down for hours daily and get a ****ing deal done. NBA and NFL did it consistently for days, often afternoon to midnight. I remember staying up last year and at 1am the NBA just finished an all day meeting and was talking to media. They can do it, why can't the NHL? Seriously **** all of you players and owners.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

I'm actually really annoyed I handed them money for an authentic jersey towards the end of the season.

Money to these clowns. All of them.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

"@MurphysLaw74: Just told by and NHL industry source that next NHL/NHLPA meeting is "huge" in determining if there's a 2012-13 season."

Old
10-15-2012, 04:21 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The NHL has a GOP strategist helping the NHL craft their lockout message

Pathetic.

That fat guy with the bad wig. Frank Luntz.

The NHL is really tone deaf.

http://deadspin.com/5951872?utm_camp...ium=socialflow

Old
10-15-2012, 04:22 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
This getting tiresome, and seriously, im starting not to care for these bunch of imbeciles.

Hockey and the Rangers are my favorite sport/team, but im still a big Giants fan. Im a casual NBA fan, too, so i'll survive with no hockey, though it would be terrible. These owners and players are both ****ing greedy ******** and all care about making that extra million, when in reality, aren't they just losing millions not playing right now? I don't get it. Tomorrow is also what, their first meeting in weeks? This is pathetic. They haven't even negotiating on the core economic issues because each side are a bunch of babies because they feel either side won't compromise. How does that make any sense? You won't talk because other side won't compromise? Isn't that the focal point of uh, what negotiating is? Sit down for hours daily and get a ****ing deal done. NBA and NFL did it consistently for days, often afternoon to midnight. I remember staying up last year and at 1am the NBA just finished an all day meeting and was talking to media. They can do it, why can't the NHL? Seriously **** all of you players and owners.
Because the NHLPA doesn't trust Gary Bettman at all since he butt r***d them last time.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:26 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Eight years ago, I was sure about two things at this very juncture in mid-October 2004: 1. There would be no NHL season as owners went to the wall to get their salary cap. 2. My gut told me fans would forgive them because on some level, most fans actually wanted a salary cap, believing that more parity was a good thing; but also the very basic fact that fans believed it would be a one-time thing.

Iím telling you now that there are fans who will never return if thereís no NHL this year.

I mean, surely no league would ever be willing to shut down its doors for an entire season twice in eight years, right?

That very basic question, with a "yes" answer bordering on insanity, is why Iíve held firm on my belief that there will be some form of season this year. My guess since the summer has been a late-November agreement and mid-December puck drop.

Iíve heard from team executives, player agents, players and even a few owners, and the feeling of angst is similar among all of them, as their impatience is beginning to grow and they want to see movement from both sides of the negotiating table.

Several of those people, from both sides, have a similar refrain: "Thereís a deal to be done."
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...another-season

No Hockey League.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:35 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
I can't believe the NHL is using someone as awful as Frank Luntz. Oh, no, wait. I can believe it.
https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/sta...42130985689088

The NHL is pathetic.

Quote:
That @deadspin piece on NHL employing a spinmeister is fascinating and frightening at the same time.
https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/s...42869376118784

Old
10-15-2012, 04:40 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Edit - Link was posted above. Didn't see it.

Sad when it seems like they're more concerned with winning a PR war as opposed to just getting a ****ing deal done.

10-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Rangers79

Do they not think information will get out? They look like complete idiots.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:41 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

What an embarrassment that they couldn't keep this away from the public eye.

This league is becoming more of a joke day by day. And it's not even because they can't get their product on the ice (in which every day they don't they become a bigger joke) but what they continue to do to embarrass themselves in the meantime.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:55 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I don't really get the outrage, what are they supposed to do? The players "woe is me" campaign on twitter isn't exactly fair and truthful either.

Both sides are full of ****.

10-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Rangers79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I don't really get the outrage, what are they supposed to do? The players "woe is me" campaign on twitter isn't exactly fair and truthful either.

Completely agree but this makes it look a lot worse for the NHL especially since they keep complaining about extra costs and then spend money on this.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Lundsanity30

who cares anymore, I have the Yankees for at least a few more games (hopefully more), the Giants until at least January and maybe longer (super bowl?).. then by that time it will almost be time for MLB again. plenty of stuff to keep me interested

Old
10-15-2012, 05:26 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Sorry, but I don't see how I have "less of a right" to complain about the labor wars. Yes, I put money into the NHL. Just like I put money into the NFL and MLB -- because I am sports fan. The other leagues seem to handle labor issues with minimal consequences, yet the NHL is on verge of losing it's 2nd full season in 8 years which is unprecedented. The NFL has a bigger revenue pool than the NHL will ever have, yet they seem to handle the situation with timelines and responsibility. The NFL has lost a total of 0 regular season games due to lockouts or strikes. They don't take advantage of the fans, like the NHL does.

My putting money into the NHL has nothing to do with the two sides acting like children and causing a stalemate because it would happen regardless. It is the nature of what has become the poorest managed league in professional sports.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:26 PM
turcotte8

Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype

Just so we're clear: Don Fehr called for NHL labor talks to be televised. NHL owners are paying Frank Luntz to warp language.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:27 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post

Completely agree. I really don't get the media outrage about this. The players have been doing the exact same thing with their "coincidental" scripted talking points on Twitter the last few months.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:31 PM
turcotte8

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

Table for 4 as Bettman Daly + Fehr's meet Tues to see who blinks 1st. No new proposal from either side will be made. Round 'n round we go

Old
10-15-2012, 05:35 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Just about maxed. Continue here.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1271589

Closed Thread