HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2012-13 Season

Old
09-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Dammit.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Dammit.
Yeah would be cool for him to go to Russia considering the level of play is going to be very good this year over there.

But on the other hand he's gonna get hands on Defensive zone learning by the coaches in Hershey. He could iron out the little nicks in his game and possibly be ready for a bigger role when they sign a new CBA.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 06:35 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

AHL is going to be a very, very good league this year. Tons of young talent.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Yeah would be cool for him to go to Russia considering the level of play is going to be very good this year over there.

But on the other hand he's gonna get hands on Defensive zone learning by the coaches in Hershey. He could iron out the little nicks in his game and possibly be ready for a bigger role when they sign a new CBA.
not that, just... more nails in the coffin ie lockout.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
not that, just... more nails in the coffin ie lockout.
Yeah it sucks man.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 09:32 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Are Hershey games usually streamed on a regular basis? If not, would be cool if the Caps found a way to do that if there is a prolonged lockout. Watching Holtby, Orlov and the other prospects play is better than nothing I suppose.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 10:02 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Are Hershey games usually streamed on a regular basis? If not, would be cool if the Caps found a way to do that if there is a prolonged lockout. Watching Holtby, Orlov and the other prospects play is better than nothing I suppose.
Every(?) game is streamed via AHLLive... it used to be like $6 a pop but worth it once in awhile at least. Some are televised and I think NBCsports or NHLnetwork was going to do some AHL games this year if needed but who knows how often we'd see the Bears.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:54 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Every(?) game is streamed via AHLLive... it used to be like $6 a pop but worth it once in awhile at least. Some are televised and I think NBCsports or NHLnetwork was going to do some AHL games this year if needed but who knows how often we'd see the Bears.
AHLLive had load issues last year, and I hate to see what happens if/when the young talent is down there playing. Glad to have my season tickets this year. Should be very interesting.

I was hearing some rumors of Orlov maybe going back to Russia to play for his hometown team. I hope not though. There could be some serious firepower on the backend, but I think it will be needed looking at the current forward group.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:56 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Bears sign Kalinski http://www.hersheybears.com/news/detail.php?id=3874

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 05:14 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera
Via Gandler: Orlov will play for Hershey during lockout; contract clause prevents him from playing in KHL unless NHL axes season.
Good to hear. Hopefully it doesn't rustle Dima's feathers.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:15 AM
royals119

Quote:
43 players will begin camp this coming Sunday, September 30, in preparation for the club’s 75th season of play in the American Hockey League. Following physicals and meetings, the group of players will be split into two squads, with the first squad taking to the ice at GIANT Center at 10:30 AM.

The roster consists of the following players:

GOALTENDERS (5): Brandon Anderson, Philipp Grubauer, Braden Holtby, Sergey Kostenko, Dany Sabourin

DEFENSEMEN (14): Julien Brouillette, Adam Comrie, Brett Flemming, Tomas Kundratek, Kevin Marshall, Patrick McNeill, Steven Oleksy, Dmitry Orlov, Cameron Schilling, Garrett Stafford, Dustin Stevenson, Brad Walch, Patrick Wellar, Scott Wietecha

FORWARDS (24): Barry Almeida, Matt Beaudoin, Alex Berry, Mike Carman, Joel Champagne, David Civitarese, Matt Clackson, Jon DiSalvatore, Stanislav Galiev, Tyler Gron, Zach Hamill, Jon Kalinski, Boyd Kane, David Marshall, Garrett Mitchell, Danick Paquette, Matt Pope, Ryan Potulny, Mattias Sjogren, Ryan Stoa, T.J. Syner, Jeff Taffe, Jesse Todd, David Vallorani
Three of these (Walch, Marshall, and Todd) are on ECHL contracts with the Royals and were invited to Bears camp.

Anybody know how many of these guys are eligible/likely to be sent back to juniors after training camp? Assuming the Bears keep 13-14 forwards, 7-8 dmen, and 2-3 goalies, plus an injury or two during camp, the Royals still might end up getting enough players out of this group to fill out the entire lineup for opening night.

If the lockout doesn't get settled this could be a great year to be a minor league hockey fan in central PA. Of course it will also turn out to be a bad year to be a player with ECHL level talent. 25 guys in Royals camp, and unless something changes probably less than half have a chance to make the 22 man roster limit to start the season.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

For clarity's sake, it's David Marshall that has an ECHL contract. Kevin Marshall has a 2-way deal from the Capitals.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Everyone at Hershey's camp, at least according to this list, is either under contract with Hershey or Reading (Gron & Comrie both being on ECHL deals as well). Brandon Anderson would be the one possibility to head back to juniors but otherwise they should all be playing pro this year.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Oates to co-coach the Bears during the lockout.

Uh, interesting. I don't recall entire NHL coaching staffs being involved like this during a lockout before. It's quite a contingency plan. I hope it's less of a 'Let's get this guy some experience' thing than a move towards greater development, system emphasis and organizational info sharing. Too bad there aren't more higher-end prospects in the pipeline at the moment, particularly up front.

Old
09-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Eric Scheib
Hockey's Future Staff

Bears practice

At Bears practice for a bit today and the ice was full of coaches and all were in some way involved. Good pace for today's practice and a clear plan of attack by the coaches.

Eric Scheib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:42 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Oates to co-coach the Bears during the lockout.

Uh, interesting. I don't recall entire NHL coaching staffs being involved like this during a lockout before. It's quite a contingency plan. I hope it's less of a 'Let's get this guy some experience' thing than a move towards greater development, system emphasis and organizational info sharing. Too bad there aren't more higher-end prospects in the pipeline at the moment, particularly up front.
Pretty good silver lining to the lockout like GMGM said. Should be interesting to watch in Hershey too. Like you mentioned, to bad it's really only Galiev, Orlov, Sjogren and Schilling in the pipeline right now for young talent that should be in the NHL shortly. I guess you could also put Grubauer in there, but this doesn't change a whole lot for goalies though doesn't it?

Old
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Langway
Intangibles

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnews...er_has_ta.html
Quote:
French said the aim this season will be to play left-shot defenseman Dmitry Orlov on the left side. Expressing a preference for playing right D, his off-shot side, Orlov has often played right side in his first two North American seasons. “One of the things that we're taking from Adam and some of his philosophies, which make a lot of sense,” French said, “is there's a thought when you can play guys on their proper hands you do it.”
It's been alluded to previously but I'm curious to see just how much they stick to this preference, both on D and the wings. Hershey should offer something of a preview in that regard.

There's no third righty on D this year without Wideman and outside of Orlov I don't think Schultz or Erskine would fare overly well playing the right side. Maybe Hillen could.

Old
10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

By the time we see NHL hockey again, Patrick Wey will be available to be our 3rd RD.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Hershey pre-season opener vs. Bingo tonight. @ScottStuccio with updates.

Almeida - Champagne - Galiev
Gron - Marshall - Berry
Syner - Civitarese - Paquette
Vallorani - Todd - Pope

Comrie - Oleksy
Brouillette - Wietecha
Stevenson - Flemming

Grubauer
Anderson

Old
10-03-2012, 09:10 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Hey I played pickup out at Ashburn Icehouse with Comrie several times a few years ago. Saw he was a Hershey invite earlier. Viginia boy.

10-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Yeah, like most suited up tonight he's probably headed to Reading but should be a call-up option. Comrie, Almeida & Champagne scored tonight in a 4-3 gimmick loss. Champagne & Paquette both picked up a couple points.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:10 AM
um

what do you guys think the opening day roster will be?

um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Practice lines from yesterday:

Almeida - Potulny - DiSalvatore
Kane - Taffe - Galiev
Stoa - Sjogren - Mitchell
Kalinski - Carman - Beaudoin
Pope - Hamill - Clackson

Orlov - Stafford
Schilling - Kundratek
Wellar - Marshall
Brouillette - Oleksy
McNeill - Wellar

Holtby
Sabourin

The top 4 D and goaltending is pretty well set but there's likely to be quite a bit of experimenting up front. Good on Almeida if he can hang on the top line but second-chancers Stoa/Hamill should be determined to earn bigger roles. It's not a stacked roster but the numbers game should give the coaching staff options in keeping everyone hungry.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:13 PM
CrashTheNet9

I thought this thread would get more activity due to the lockout but I guess the prospects thread is growing instead.

CrashTheNet9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 10:02 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTheNet9 View Post
I thought this thread would get more activity due to the lockout but I guess the prospects thread is growing instead.
Hershey and Reading have only played one game each. Hershey finally kicks the season in to gear this weekend with a 3 in 3.