HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

AHL Prospect Discussion Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
How has Paul Ranger played for the Marlies?
He played 1 and sat 1. I watched parts of the game he played and didn't really noitce him besides 1 or 2 times. I heard he didn't do great but what can you expect from a guy who hasnt played in like 2 years.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Justin Schultz first 2 pro points http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|EDM|home

10-15-2012, 05:05 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post

Big hit & by the sounds of it had a very good game consistently winning battles along the board. Won a battle along the boards & set up a goal with a beauty pass in a Wolves highlight package from last night.
That was a dirty hit

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 05:15 PM
topchowda

Quote:

Big hit & by the sounds of it had a very good game consistently winning battles along the board. Won a battle along the boards & set up a goal with a beauty pass in a Wolves highlight package from last night.
Elbow high and left his feet, Kassian is a pretty gutless player. Good thing hell never make it off the 4th line to ever make an impact in the game

edit: before any fans says the guys head was down pause it at :52 to see hes clearly leading with the elbow. These are the kind of plays that have to be eliminated. No respect anymore

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Elbow high and left his feet, Kassian is a pretty gutless player. Good thing hell never make it off the 4th line to ever make an impact in the game

edit: before any fans says the guys head was down pause it at :52 to see hes clearly leading with the elbow. These are the kind of plays that have to be eliminated. No respect anymore
The problem is that Kassian leaves his feet, it looks like he's trying to make a body check to me.

Last edited by Stop Winnin: 10-15-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
The problem is that Kassian leave's his feet, it looks like he's trying to make a body check to me.
While the hit will probaly not get a suspension. I think its gutless because everyone knows the dangerous effects of concussions. He could have got low and connected should to mid-chest, that would not be diffcult.

Instead he kept high (left his feet at the end to) and came in with the elbow (:52 clearly shows it). Both of those actions he could of adjusted and it wouldnt have caused him to miss the check.

I love big hits, but not dangerous ones that are preventable. Players have to have respect.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
I really like the group of Avs prospects playing for the Lake Erie Monsters. Barrie is looking fine on D and I'm still expecting Elliott and Gaunce (not the best start this season) to join the Avs D relatively soon.
Both goalies (Pickard and Aittokallio) are making good progress.
Malone, Heard, Olver (he has already shown that he's good enough for the NHL) and Sgarbossa (who's slowly adjusting to the AHL) are forwards I'm very excited about.

Pretty big group of promising prospects imo. Probably no superstar potential but possibly good depth players in the future.
Would be so much better if Hishon could get healthy.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 05:40 PM
newfy

Tatars looked pretty good for Grand Rapids but the guy to really watch as a sleeper type this season is Landon Ferraro.

He came on at the end of last year and this year looks much improved. The Helm similarities are growing on me, he can flat out fly, hits, and is great on the PK. Hes playing the point on the griffs PP too and it seems hes reclaiming some of that scoring touch that got him taken so high in the draft. I thought he was reaching bust status but since he turned pro hes changed my tune. His short handed assist last game was a thing of beauty. Max Nicastro was much more imposing out there then I thought he would be but I havent got a good read on his skill set yet

Austin Watson didnt do much for me, but first year pros never usually do.

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

Left his feet for sure but I don't think he was leading with his elbow (it isn't sticking out) I think he was leading with his shoulder in a high position & wanted to use his body to hit is upper right. The thing you blow past completely is the guys' head WAS down so there is fault on his side to not notice a guy who is known for big hits coming at him. Of course though he is now Canuck property so you guys instantly hate anything he'll do. All we've heard from HF boards are the Canucks are soft & they need grit... well guess what? It looks like we've got it!

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Rolen
sick

vCash: 50

Baertschi assist at 1:01 and goal at 1:19.

Reinhart assist at the very beginning, Horak goal at 0:51, Baertschi (beautiful) assist at 1:19, Baertschi beautiful goal at 1:37.

Rolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 06:30 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
While the hit will probaly not get a suspension. I think its gutless because everyone knows the dangerous effects of concussions. He could have got low and connected should to mid-chest, that would not be diffcult.

Instead he kept high (left his feet at the end to) and came in with the elbow (:52 clearly shows it). Both of those actions he could of adjusted and it wouldnt have caused him to miss the check.

I love big hits, but not dangerous ones that are preventable. Players have to have respect.
It should IMO. It reminds me a lot of the Torres hit on Hoses. He could have easily made a clean hit, but he instead tried to take the guys head off

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
It should IMO. It reminds me a lot of the Torres hit on Hoses. He could have easily made a clean hit, but he instead tried to take the guys head off
What?

Did you just compare that hit to a hit that got Torres a 25 game suspension? Yeah thats not melodramatic.

Kassian's flying hit was his body to upper shoulder with no real attempted head shot while Torres' was a flying shoulder to the jaw.

Keep exaggerating though to get your point across.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:42 PM
mriswith

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
LOL! Pause at :52 like the guys said. You'll clearly see that his elbow is down, not out, and he makes direct contact to the shoulder. It was clearly body to shoulder.

Very clean hit, other than leaving his feet a bit.

mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
at 46 seconds, you can clearly see Kassians left toe, and full right blade are on the ice for the initial point of contact. He "explodes upward", leaving his feet only after the point of contact. If this is dirty, then so are every one of Kronwall's.

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
at 46 seconds, you can clearly see Kassians left toe, and full right blade are on the ice for the initial point of contact. He "explodes upward", leaving his feet only after the point of contact. If this is dirty, then so are every one of Kronwall's.
Kronwall couldnt keep is feet on the ice during a hit to save his life.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 07:02 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Left his feet for sure but I don't think he was leading with his elbow (it isn't sticking out) I think he was leading with his shoulder in a high position & wanted to use his body to hit is upper right. The thing you blow past completely is the guys' head WAS down so there is fault on his side to not notice a guy who is known for big hits coming at him. Of course though he is now Canuck property so you guys instantly hate anything he'll do. All we've heard from HF boards are the Canucks are soft & they need grit... well guess what? It looks like we've got it!
I agree the guys head was down, so he is to blame to. My point is players should have more respect. Kassian could still have nailed him when the guy had his head down. But just because the guy has hit head down doesnt give Kassian the right to leave his feet and head hunt. The Scott Stevens era is over. Players understand the gravity of a concussion, so why go out to deliver them. What goes around is gunna come around

You can still nail guys with their head down. Just dont murder him with a elbow/jump, its just as easy to deliver a solid check shoulder first with feet planted

And the Canuck comment is untrue. I feel strongly about all hits like this.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
I agree the guys head was down, so he is to blame to. My point is players should have more respect. Kassian could still have nailed him when the guy had his head down. But just because the guy has hit head down doesnt give Kassian the right to leave his feet and head hunt. The Scott Stevens era is over. Players understand the gravity of a concussion, so why go out to deliver them. What goes around is gunna come around

You can still nail guys with their head down. Just dont murder him with a elbow/jump, its just as easy to deliver a solid check shoulder first with feet planted

Head Hunt? Did he hit him in the head at all? I'd reserve the term "head hunt" & its many forms for hits that actually make contact. Also his elbow was not out, where are you getting this from?

Just wondering: Is Hockey a game about respect?

Old
10-15-2012, 07:08 PM
mriswith

Quote:

In what world is this headhunting? His elbow was down, not out, and he hit him in the shoulder.

Watch the vid again.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:16 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by schism View Post
In what world is this headhunting? His elbow was down, not out, and he hit him in the shoulder.

Watch the vid again.
I have seen the video multiple times, the only reason in the elbow didnt catch him full on was the Stantons head moved at the last second. His elbow was high thats forsure. He still left his feet. Its clear headhunt, no place in the game for this stuff.

Im guessing you think the Downie on Mcammond was clean as a whistle too?

Old
10-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
I have seen the video multiple times, the only reason in the elbow didnt catch him full on was the Stantons head moved at the last second. His elbow was high thats forsure. He still left his feet. Its clear headhunt, no place in the game for this stuff.

Im guessing you think the Downie on Mcammond was clean as a whistle too?
He didn't move his head he just kept moving forward. There was no elbow out, his shoulder was high & against his body & his elbow made NO contact.... don't understand how you can consider that "head hunting" ?????

Downie on McAmmond was Downie leaping at McAmmond at very fast speed... I can see where you see the similarity in the style of hit & area of the ice but to me it is the most extreme version of that style hit you can get.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:22 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Head Hunt? Did he hit him in the head at all? I'd reserve the term "head hunt" & its many forms for hits that actually make contact. Also his elbow was not out, where are you getting this from?

Just wondering: Is Hockey a game about respect?

It should be, they are your peers, you should try and beat them but care about their health.

Canucks have a long list of players on their team who show lack of respect (Cooke, Lapierre, Bertuzzi, Torres) so maybe Kassian is better by comparison in their eyes

Old
10-15-2012, 07:26 PM
topchowda

Quote:
He didn't move his head he just kept moving forward. There was no elbow out, his shoulder was high & against his body & his elbow made NO contact.... don't understand how you can consider that "head hunting" ?????

Downie on McAmmond was Downie leaping at McAmmond at very fast speed... I can see where you see the similarity in the style of hit & area of the ice but to me it is the most extreme version of that style hit you can get.
If you pause it just as it turns to :52 youll see the point of contact, its lower elbow/ middle of the #2 on the back of Kassians jersey

Old
10-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
It should be, they are your peers, you should try and beat them but care about their health.

Canucks have a long list of players on their team who show lack of respect (Cooke, Lapierre, Bertuzzi, Torres) so maybe Kassian is better by comparison in their eyes
Hockey is about winning; Plain & Simple. You know why the playoffs are so entertaining? Its because its a war on ice where you try to beat other teams to the ground on the score board & physically. If you want respect in sports I don't think hockey is a game you should be watching. It never has been about respect & never will be.

*Had* & every Franchise has had players who have shown lack of respect, quit trying to act like the Canucks are some abnormality & are this evil Franchise!

Old
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
mriswith

Quote:
You've got some serious goggles on to be calling this headhunting. Stantons head doesn't move, Kassian's elbow is down... comparing it to Downie's flying elbow, that's almost as bad as the guy who compared it to Torres.

Upon rewatching a few more times, it doesn't even look like he leaves his feet at all until after contact. 100% clean hit.
Quote:
If you pause it just as it turns to :52 youll see the point of contact, its lower elbow/ middle of the #2 on the back of Kassians jersey
You'll also clearly see that the elbow is down and against his body...

Quote:

And... now I understand why the goggles. Just another anti-Canuck homer.

I won't derail this thread any further. I don't see this discussion getting any further.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
His elbow is nowhere near the head! At the point of head contact Kassian's elbow hits the IceHog player's shoulder. Look at the follow through of the hit at :53 & you'll see Kass' elbow coming off the shoulder. The head makes contact with Kassian's body/back.

I agree that I don't want to derail this any further & if you can't see that the head contact is with the body I don't know what else I can say... maybe go to an optometrist?