HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sebastian Collberg - (Part II: The Collberg Report) Joins Hamilton

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 04:45 AM
KRM

vCash: 500
Both Lundqvist and Loui Eriksson are now in Gothenburg. Officially only to practise with the team. Decent goalie for Collberg to work on this shot at.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:23 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Both Lundqvist and Loui Eriksson are now in Gothenburg. Officially only to practise with the team. Decent goalie for Collberg to work on this shot at.
For a second I wondered what's new. He's always been there. Then I got it. They could use a better goalie for sure. Hope Eriksson doesn't sign.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:03 PM
strutsboa

Frolunda playing now.
Streams:
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?...36&part=sports

Collberg on 4th line with Axelsson-Axelsson

Old
10-15-2012, 12:27 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Frolunda playing now.
Streams:
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?...36&part=sports

Collberg on 4th line with Axelsson-Axelsson
They go on the ice every 5 minutes and stay for about 15 seconds.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:40 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
They go on the ice every 5 minutes and stay for about 15 seconds.
Quite the way to make a living.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
He may actually crack the 10 minute mark today.

7:20 of TOI after 2.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:34 PM
neil2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He may actually crack the 10 minute mark today.

7:20 of TOI after 2.
I doubt it. There down by 1 after 2 so they'll prob play the first 2 lines most of the 3rd and bench the 4th line. I say he gets at most 2 shifts in the 3rd

Old
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM
habitue*

I think the kid is loosing his time playing in Sweden while he would play top minutes in one of our Canadian Junior hockey teams. he would adapt to another life style + play on our smaller rinks.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstineu View Post
I think the kid is loosing his time playing in Sweden while he would play top minutes in one of our Canadian Junior hockey teams. he would adapt to another life style + play on our smaller rinks.
what an original statement

Old
10-15-2012, 02:07 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
what an original statement
I never heard it before!

Old
10-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Finished with 10:27.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Finished with 10:27.
No point I guess ?

Well at least he will improve on the defensive side of his game. I just hope he get some points, linemates and confidences, he is still playing into a competitive league against grown mens, but I would have expected him to get something like 15 pts during the season.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:44 PM
poetryinmotion

While we are at it, how many points is he on pace for? I'm completely in the dark sorry, I hope he has at least one but it doesnt look like it from this thread.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:47 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
While we are at it, how many points is he on pace for? I'm completely in the dark sorry, I hope he has at least one but it doesnt look like it from this thread.
He has two assists in 13 games.

That gives him a pace of 8 points over 55 games.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:50 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
He has two assists in 13 games.

That gives him a pace of 8 points over 55 games.
Thanks, at least that's progression, and I'm hoping to see more as the season goes by.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:53 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Thanks, at least that's progression, and I'm hoping to see more as the season goes by.
I'm sure he'll start getting more confident with the puck. I'm hoping for around 15-20 points, but I'm no Swedish hockey expert. Maybe 10 is more reasonable.

I can't wait for the World Juniors to watch him in action. He was fantastic last year and I'm hoping he dominates this year.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
No point I guess ?

Well at least he will improve on the defensive side of his game. I just hope he get some points, linemates and confidences, he is still playing into a competitive league against grown mens, but I would have expected him to get something like 15 pts during the season.
That might be enough ice time for him to see what it takes to play against men.
And at least this is a good time for him to spend a year training to build a NHL
body. And he does get to practice with, and against, seasoned pros. So there
are "half full" scenarios.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:04 PM
strutsboa

Maybe it's just me being delusional, but I'm starting to like the fact that he gets ice-time in a defensive role in a very good league. Everyone already knows about his offensive skills and he has always been dominating against players in his own age. Sooner or later he will have to adapt to professional hockey, so maybe it's okey if he does it now and I think the transition to AHL/NHL will be easier in a few years for him after this experience.

He currently plays with PJ Axelsson (851 NHL-games), who could be a very good mentor for his defensive game. This far Collberg has only been on the ice for 1 goal against in almost 100 minutes, so I think Collberg is doing well so far.

Just like many use to say that "defence wins championship", I think it might be the same for Collberg. Start with a good defensive play and then get more and more offensive responsibility.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:12 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Maybe it's just me being delusional, but I'm starting to like the fact that he gets ice-time in a defensive role in a very good league. Everyone already knows about his offensive skills and he has always been dominating against players in his own age. Sooner or later he will have to adapt to professional hockey, so maybe it's okey if he does it now and I think the transition to AHL/NHL will be easier in a few years for him after this experience.

He currently plays with PJ Axelsson (851 NHL-games), who could be a very good mentor for his defensive game. This far Collberg has only been on the ice for 1 goal against in almost 100 minutes, so I think Collberg is doing well so far.

Just like many use to say that "defence wins championship", I think it might be the same for Collberg. Start with a good defensive play and then get more and more offensive responsibility.
It was really disappointing when he only played ~5 minutes. You can learn but you don't get to correct your mistakes at this small rate and getting benched every 3rd period is just sad. 10 minutes with the Axelssons and a little PP time is fair but it won't last once the injuries are over.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Et le But

Quote:

I agree in the long run it could be good for him, while it's frustrating that he doesn't get much of an opportunity to show and adjust his offensive game when he's meant to be a scorer, but this could actually make his adjustment to North America easier if he's made into a more well rounded player.

Not to mention for all the concern of NHLers arriving there and taking ice time, for now this means he gets to train with NHLers.

I know training isn't the same as playing in a game but for all the frustration having him learn to play the "right way" instead of padding his stats in the J20s or a weaker league does have its value.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
The SEL may be very boring and not exciting for fans that want to watch an offensive dynamo go at it, but if he gets ~10-12 min a game like he has been with some PP time, it definitely can be beneficial.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:32 PM
strutsboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
It was really disappointing when he only played ~5 minutes. You can learn but you don't get to correct your mistakes at this small rate and getting benched every 3rd period is just sad. 10 minutes with the Axelssons and a little PP time is fair but it won't last once the injuries are over.
He will obviously see very little ice-time when D. Axelsson and Olimb comes back if the lockout is still going, but I was assuming an end for the lockout around new year.

I agree that ~5 minutes is to little, but I think ~10 minutes with the current structure would be good for his long-term development.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:39 PM
domdo345

Defensive players are easy to get, and defense is quite easy to learn. Applying the defense requires will and determination though. But my point is that teaching defensive to a smart player is easy and acquiring defensive players is also easy. Let him develop as an offensive dynamo, because that's the hardest part to reach. He might have all the talent in the world, but if he doesn't keep his creativity and start thinking defense first, I wish him/us good look to see top 6 ice time in the NHL.

IMO, the priority with this kid is to create offense as much as possible.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:02 PM
strutsboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Defensive players are easy to get, and defense is quite easy to learn. Applying the defense requires will and determination though. But my point is that teaching defensive to a smart player is easy and acquiring defensive players is also easy. Let him develop as an offensive dynamo, because that's the hardest part to reach. He might have all the talent in the world, but if he doesn't keep his creativity and start thinking defense first, I wish him/us good look to see top 6 ice time in the NHL.

I see what you are saying, but he'll get the WJC (and some friendlies) with "all offence" and he will probably see a few J20 games aswell when everyone is healthy. I also think that traingin day out and day in with great players will be good for him.

I know that Grigorenko is a few steps above Collberg, but how much does he learn while playing against kids? Collberg would score plenty of goals on a good team in junior, but I personally think that he learns more when he has to fight for his chances and work hard every shift in order to create his scoring chances.

Obviously 20 minutes on a top-6 role in SEL would be optimal, but personally I rather see him getting 10 minutes in SEL than having him in junior hockey.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post

Frolunda basically doesn't care about his future beyond this year since they know he'll leave for NA within a year or two, so I am not sure who you are preaching this too. I am sure the Habs would agree with you, but what can they do for this season?

He's around some quality NHL talent right now with Duchene and Stalberg (as well as stars like Lundqvist and Eriksson in practice), hopefully he's like a sponge and is taking plenty of mental notes.

Closed Thread