HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official MLB Thread - Part VII

Old
10-14-2012, 07:49 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Tex was a .300 hitter before Long got his hooks into him.
I'm not gonna lie, it absolutely BAFFLES me that a guy like Tex, a PROFESSIONAL baseball player. Dude gets paid to hit the ball. Can't beat the shift. He can't just poke one into left field. I understand hitting is hard, and only the best in the game can get hits 30% of the time, I get that. But he should be able to on command be able to put the ball into the left side of the field. Hell, lay down a ****ing bunt and it's a single.

Instead of trying to just hit the crap out of the ball into right field, why not just try to poke one into left? I'll never understand.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

BryanHoch Nick Swisher “disappointed” and “hurt” by what he’s heard from the Bleacher Creatures. Several Yankees looking forward to change of scenery.

Good grief. I hope this isn't his concern. Considering the way he's been hitting.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Tex was a .300 hitter before Long got his hooks into him.
And Cano was .320 hitter. Granderson a .280 hitter. Everyone's average has gone down under this guy and the only one who's had a dramatic increase in homeruns is Granderson. And that's because Granderson swings like a maniac. Cano and Teixeira are smooth hitters. They're gonna hit homeruns with their natural swing. The uppercut Giambi **** they've picked up under Long has ruined them as hitters.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 08:14 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
BryanHoch Nick Swisher “disappointed” and “hurt” by what he’s heard from the Bleacher Creatures. Several Yankees looking forward to change of scenery.

Good grief. I hope this isn't his concern. Considering the way he's been hitting.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Nick. What a putrid clutch performer!

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 09:12 PM
30theking

well all that's left now is to pray for a miracle

30theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 08:20 AM
NYR Viper

The team isn't built for the post-season at all. They are one-dimensional. The loss of Gardner hurt a lot more than many people want to let on.

The team needs to be revamped. They need to bring in some youth who can run and play some defense. Ichiro should be re-signed at all costs. That is the type of player the team needs to focus on. Look around. Athleticism is becoming more important.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 08:59 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Toughen up. The guy loves to rub other teams' noses in it when the Yankees are pounding them with his running up and down the dugout.

10-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

Wouldn't be upset to see Swisher go. Just never warmed up to the guy.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:01 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

I think the Yankees should look to cut down on the sluggers and bring is some guys who hit for contact to bring some balance to the lineup. Keep Teixeira, Cano and A-Rod (only do to his contract. Lets face it, we're stuck with him) as your sluggers.

Let Granderson and Swisher walk. They'll be fools gold for a desperate team.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:09 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
I think the Yankees should look to cut down on the sluggers and bring is some guys who hit for contact to bring some balance to the lineup. Keep Teixeira, Cano and A-Rod (only do to his contract. Lets face it, we're stuck with him) as your sluggers.

Let Granderson and Swisher walk. They'll be fools gold for a desperate team.
I agree with letting Swisher walk, however I also feel there is no need to have any full-time DH. Let Nix or Nunez play full time and rotate A-Rod in mainly as DH/3b. Get Gardner healthy for a full season and re-sign Ichiro. The line-up becomes A LOT more balanced with just those moves.....

Jeter - SS/DH
Ichiro - RF
Tex - 1B
Cano - 2B
Arod - DH/3B
Granderson - CF
Martin - C
Gardner - LF
Nunez/Nix - SS/3B/DH

They NEED to get younger. They need to be able to manufacture runs. That puts speed at both the top and the bottom of the order. The DH spot should be used almost totally to give Jeter and ARod games as a DH. Just use a platoon there an leave the rest as is. That line-up should have at least (3) .300+ hitters (Jeter, Cano, Ichiro/Gardner)

Old
10-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Realistically what's out there in the off season? Maybe too crazy but I'd let go of Swisher and Granderson and possibly bring in Pagan and Bourn. With BG in left, that's speed.

Last edited by Glen Teflon Sather: 10-15-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Realistically what's out there in the off season? Maybe too crazy but I'd let go of Swisher and Granderson and possibly bring in Pagan and Bourn. With BG in left, that's speed.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...ee-agents.html

Swisher is a UFA
Martin is a UFA
Rivera is a UFA
Jones is a UFA
Ibanez is a UFA
Chavez is a UFA
Ichiro is a UFA

Cano and Granderson have Team Options

Old
10-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Yankees inability to score looks awfully familiar.....

10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Feel really bad for Ibanez that he won't be getting his ring in his great career, especially since he's doing all that he can to help this team stay relevant offensively in games. I just hope he gets it one day.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 06:43 PM
darko

I think Long needs to go. I'd like to see what Granderson can do without Long. He did have a pretty good year last year so could be a mistake letting him go. Granderson was never the most selective guy going around but right now he just looks clueless.

I love Swisher but he has to go. Sick and tired of his production (lack of) when the going gets tough.

We are stuck with A-Rod. Cano had his best season this year, he's just slumping in the wrong time. Tex is another guy that looks lost and has looked lost since 2010. Long may be the problem here but it could be that he may need a change of scenery.

All in all Swisher is the only guy I'd let go as well as push Long out the door.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 06:54 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Swisher needs to go first. Keep Ichiro. Re-sign Martin if the price is right.

Go sign James Shields. Let Ichiro and Gardner play the corner OF spots. In fact let those two play the corner spots for game 3. I'd rather watch Gardner strikeout then ****ing ******** swisher. I'm sick of him. He should've caught that line drive in game 1. At least when Gardner isn't hitting he can lay down a bunt for a hit, has superior speed and is better defensively. He gets to that ball in game 1.

Can't complain about the pitching. It has been good.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 08:05 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I think Long needs to go. I'd like to see what Granderson can do without Long. He did have a pretty good year last year so could be a mistake letting him go. Granderson was never the most selective guy going around but right now he just looks clueless.

I love Swisher but he has to go. Sick and tired of his production (lack of) when the going gets tough.

We are stuck with A-Rod. Cano had his best season this year, he's just slumping in the wrong time. Tex is another guy that looks lost and has looked lost since 2010. Long may be the problem here but it could be that he may need a change of scenery.

All in all Swisher is the only guy I'd let go as well as push Long out the door.
Firing the hitting coach is simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 08:08 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Swisher needs to go first. Keep Ichiro. Re-sign Martin if the price is right.

Go sign James Shields. Let Ichiro and Gardner play the corner OF spots. In fact let those two play the corner spots for game 3. I'd rather watch Gardner strikeout then ****ing ******** swisher. I'm sick of him. He should've caught that line drive in game 1. At least when Gardner isn't hitting he can lay down a bunt for a hit, has superior speed and is better defensively. He gets to that ball in game 1.

Can't complain about the pitching. It has been good.

He's not a free agent. Rays have a 9 mill option for 2013 and a 12 mill option for 2014.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Please tell me you guys just saw Brian Wilson playing to the beat of the organ

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:51 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Firing the hitting coach is simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
that is laughable. i realize that right now it feels like they all suck and they will never get a hit again but with that lineup on paper you should never lose a game ever, thats how stacked it is.

its completely unfair to blame the hitting coach but also simply not true to say 'it wouldn't matter they suck anyway'

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
that is laughable. i realize that right now it feels like they all suck and they will never get a hit again but with that lineup on paper you should never lose a game ever, thats how stacked it is.

its completely unfair to blame the hitting coach but also simply not true to say 'it wouldn't matter they suck anyway'
That wasn't what I was saying. Unless Long can take 10 years of of A Rod, give Cano 50% more heart, toughen Swisher up and repair Jeter's ankle, the problems go beyond Kevin Long.

But I'm a Mets fan so what do I care.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I think Arod can still be very useful if we can sell him a new role in the offseason. He has to become a bottom of the lineup guy that just takes his singles and his walks and doesn't pressure himself to drive in the runs he used to. I think he can still be very useful in that role. The hard part is going to be getting him to buy into it.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 02:37 AM
theJUMPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I think Arod can still be very useful if we can sell him a new role in the offseason. He has to become a bottom of the lineup guy that just takes his singles and his walks and doesn't pressure himself to drive in the runs he used to. I think he can still be very useful in that role. The hard part is going to be getting him to buy into it.
30 million role player.

Sorry, Yankee stadium isn't selling tix like they used to. The empty seats in the playoffs prove that. And the economy will only get worse this upcoming year...hence Grandy & Swisher being pretty much gone next year. These corporations, like the Yankees, aren't stupid, they know rough times are ahead, hence the lack of hiring. Arod is a huuuuuge albatross on this team til 2017.

Arod is in Chris Drury territory. Too bad Drury wasn't hopped up on roids for a stanley cup run, but it is what it is.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 05:16 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The team isn't built for the post-season at all. They are one-dimensional. The loss of Gardner hurt a lot more than many people want to let on.

The team needs to be revamped. They need to bring in some youth who can run and play some defense. Ichiro should be re-signed at all costs. That is the type of player the team needs to focus on. Look around. Athleticism is becoming more important.

One dimensional as in relying solely on long ball?

2009 Yankees relied on long ball as well. That one turned out pretty good. Problem with 2012 Yankees is that they have lots of guys who are looking clueless at the plate at the moment (A-Rod, Swisher, Granderson, Martin). That's 4 guys that are pretty much automatic outs right now, you dont win with that. Slumping at the wrong time unfortunately.

Old
10-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Ohhhhh boy, this isn't going to end well for A-Roid
http://www.bobsblitz.com/2012/10/ale...-sent.html?m=1

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote