HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sidney Crosby

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukOwns View Post
I will take a shot. Landeskog, Duchene,Johnson,Siemens, 1'st in 2013 and 1'st in 2014 and McGinn. Now of course this trade would not happen but this is what I think the Pens would want and even more. Any trade involving Crosby would gut the franchise.
Best proposal so far... If I was a Aves fan, I wouldn't do that trade though...

Landeskog / Duchene / Johnson is an amazing young core! (I would have taken Landeskog 1st overall)
nevermind adding a quality prospect + two 1sts.

If Pitts was trading him, I think this would get it done...

Old
10-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Nyquist

vCash: 500
The only three teams that could complete a trade without completely destroying their team are Philly, Edmonton, and Tampa Bay.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:38 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Absolutely stupid to trade Larsson for him, especially with absolutely no replacement for him. Henrique maybe because Crosby replaces him. Why trade Kovalchuk? More of a lateral move ( no I'm not saying Kovy is as good as Crosby), especially when we are weak on the wings but stronger at center. Zajac is a more proven version of Henrique, who will probably never be more than a 70 point two-way center, to be honest.

In that "deal," Devils trade a young 2C, a very promising (yet troubled) defensive prospect, a solid defender who is still young, a boom or bust offensive skilled winger, and a first round pick.

The teams that offer the best deals, Spezza, Cowen, Silfverberg have the prospect pools to be able to take that hit and NHL ready talent (Wiercoch, Zibenajed) to replace all of some of what the players would've brought. Devils don't have that luxury, and that's the best they could offer.
at the bolded

NJD would trade Kovy++, or Larsson++ or Henrique++++ for Crosby any day of the week. You seem nice, but come on. Please.

would be stupid to trade Larsson for Crosby It would be stupid NOT to trade Larsson for Crosby.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:39 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
You are undervaluing Jankowski, so I think its

Jankowski for Crosby ++
one plus better be malkin and the other + must be more valuable

Old
10-15-2012, 10:40 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post

Landeskog / Duchene / Johnson is an amazing young core! (I would have taken Landeskog 1st overall)

Yeah I am a Avs fan and I love crosby (huge man crush) but it would gut the future for the Avs.

Also I would never do this as an Avs fan. Just saying what I think it would cost.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:40 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
The only three teams that could complete a trade without completely destroying their team are Philly, Edmonton, and Tampa Bay.
explain?

Old
10-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
explain?
Philly could center a deal around Giroux, Edmonton around a combination of their top 4 forwards (Eberle, Hopkins, Hall, Yakupov), Tampa Bay around Stamkos. Other teams have good players that are somewhat close to Crosby right now, but Crosby is much younger. Wings have Datsyuk, but that deal makes no sense for Pittsburgh since Crosby is so much younger. Same with the Sedins in Vancouver. I guess you could also add the Islanders and Hawks to those three.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:51 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
Philly could center a deal around Giroux, Edmonton around a combination of their top 4 forwards (Eberle, Hopkins, Hall, Yakupov), Tampa Bay around Stamkos. Other teams have good players that are somewhat close to Crosby right now, but Crosby is much younger. Wings have Datsyuk, but that deal makes no sense for Pittsburgh since Crosby is so much younger. Same with the Sedins in Vancouver. I guess you could also add the Islanders and Hawks to those three.
Edmonton is pre-destroyed.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:00 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
For now Giroux at his caphit> Crosby at his. We'd have to tear apart the team just to fit him on top of his concussion issues I am still not convinced are totally gone. Lindros 2.0 IMO it would be a coup if the same thing happened to us twice. Giroux is to Forsberg as Crosby is to Lindros.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:01 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Kaspar Daugavins, Colin Greening, Erik Condra, a 1st, a 2nd AND we'll add in Jim O'brien to sweeten the pot

Old
10-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
at the bolded

NJD would trade Kovy++, or Larsson++ or Henrique++++ for Crosby any day of the week. You seem nice, but come on. Please.

would be stupid to trade Larsson for Crosby It would be stupid NOT to trade Larsson for Crosby.
As good as Crosby is, it's not worth dismantling your core, he cant play every damn position for Christ sakes. The Senators trade was reasonable because you could afford to give up those pieces and still be successful, like I said Devils can't, and trade value on these boards are unrealistically high. We're trading for one player, one. For great players, quantity versus quality has to happen because the traders don't want to give up their core for players, HFBoard people constantly degrade these proposals, but name me the last time a star player was traded for quality and not quantity? Niewendyuk?

Old
10-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Why? Crosby is. A great player, but there's absolutely no reason for Philly, or Tampa to do a deal like that. Holy hell is the value of one player overrated here, not to be redundant, but what was Gretzky traded for? You know the guy that put up over 200 points in a season?

Old
10-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
For now Giroux at his caphit> Crosby at his. We'd have to tear apart the team just to fit him on top of his concussion issues I am still not convinced are totally gone. Lindros 2.0 IMO it would be a coup if the same thing happened to us twice. Giroux is to Forsberg as Crosby is to Lindros.
This is why a trade for Crosby is basically impossible. Pittsburgh is going to want to get a return for him without a concussion, the teams bidding for him will want to give up a return for him with a concussion.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Why? Crosby is. A great player, but there's absolutely no reason for Philly, or Tampa to do a deal like that. Holy hell is the value of one player overrated here, not to be redundant, but what was Gretzky traded for? You know the guy that put up over 200 points in a season?
What? I'm not saying he's worth that much, but I doubt Pittsburgh would want any less.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Satan
bend to squares

Bag of pucks and a spare whistle.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post

you would have not taken landeskog 1st overall.. he is not in the same stratosphere as RNH

Old
10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Fantasy thread... Sid stays in Pittsburgh. I know we are slow, but there is no need for this as it will never happen.

Closed Thread