HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed.

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2012, 03:12 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
It's sad that there were so many MORE Amerks games on TWSNY BEFORE Pegula took over. I really hope something better is done going forward. Very disappointing that in this lockout season there aren't more games.
Agreed. Since I don't have TWSNY, I have to depend on audio streaming the games via WHTK. (Trust me, Don Stevens is just as good at calling a game as RJ is; he just doesn't have the bombast that Rick does.)

HOPEFULLY, one of the things that Pegula can do is set up a regional sports network a la Empire. Having a team be a partner in such an RSN isn't new, but whether it would work when only 1 team is in the partnership is a good question.

Old
10-11-2012, 06:31 PM
LabattBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
D Corey Fienhage has been sent to Gwinnett of the ECHL
AND
G Nathan Lieuwen has been sent to Greenville of the ECHL
Have any other players attending the Amerks training camp been reassigned or released?

Old
10-11-2012, 06:57 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabattBlue View Post
Have any other players attending the Amerks training camp been reassigned or released?
Shane Madolora and Jamie Wise were released and Jacob Lagacé was assigned to Bakersfield (ECHL).

Old
10-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
You'll see a lot of good talent, too. In addition to some of our guys, you'll get to see Brett Connolly, Cory Conacher, and Vlad Namestnikov, among others.
I was extremely excited to go, but I told my friend earlier in the week I would goto his house party (he just moved in). I figured it would start around 10, but it starts at 6.

He gave me a a guilt trip. Oh well, I'll be going to a game within 2 weeks. Hopefully there's the same level of talent playing.

Old
10-12-2012, 05:34 AM
SchennerandNazzie

Does anybody know if there is a online feed for the game which is free? Thanks in advance.

Any word on the lineup tonight?

Old
10-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Szydlowski and Boychuk sent to Texas-CHL:
Quote:
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
Proof the ECHL is full: #Amerks send Fs Shawn Szydlowski and Riley Boychuk to Texas Brahmas of Central Hockey League.

Link: https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/stat...74086670675968

Old
10-12-2012, 05:06 PM
jfb392

LOL, the same team was apparently sold and renamed today also.
The Central Hockey League is a joke.

Old
10-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Bills09

is their a radio broadcast for tonights game?

Old
10-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
Check the GDT, should be some links there.

10-12-2012, 07:23 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
Heres the direct link - http://www.iheart.com/live/1509/?autoplay=true

Also you can access it via the amerks website - click on Listen Live underneath the scoreboard.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:43 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
Heres the direct link - http://www.iheart.com/live/1509/?autoplay=true

Also you can access it via the amerks website - click on Listen Live underneath the scoreboard.
And if you want the REALLY direct link.... http://www.whtk.com/ is the homepage for the Amerks' flagship.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
how'd they do?

Old
10-13-2012, 07:54 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
And if you want the REALLY direct link.... http://www.whtk.com/ is the homepage for the Amerks' flagship.
Thats not the direct link - that link sends you to the homepage of the WHTK website where you must then click on the "LISTEN LIVE" icon on the top of the page or play button thats located in the middle of the page. It then sends you to the audio page where after a short 15 sec video commercial - the audio should start. My link skips the homepage part and sends you directly to the audio page.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
sabrefan27

Well Tropp is done for the year. Tough loss for the team and himself.

Time to find a real replacement, though. The league is too talented to just plug in Flynn or Jon Parker. Lots of guys still looking for jobs. Whitmore is on a PTO and has been a healthy scratch.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post

Time to find a real replacement, though. The league is too talented to just plug in Flynn or Jon Parker. Lots of guys still looking for jobs. Whitmore is on a PTO and has been a healthy scratch.
I still can't figure why a hometown kid who wore an 'A' for you and scored 55 goals in the previous two years wasn't brought back. I just can't figure it out unless Whitmore was looking for a better opportunity.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Blue n Gold Forever

I think it was a combination of factors. Whitmore probably wanted a better opportunity. The Sabres were holding roster spots for their NHL guys - Hodgson, Tropp, Foligno.

At this point with a packed roster I just don't see Darcy making a move to obtain Whitmore. I'd like to see him in Rochester - just don't think it's in the cards as long as the lockout is on.

Old
10-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue n Gold Forever View Post
I think it was a combination of factors. Whitmore probably wanted a better opportunity. The Sabres were holding roster spots for their NHL guys - Hodgson, Tropp, Foligno.

At this point with a packed roster I just don't see Darcy making a move to obtain Whitmore. I'd like to see him in Rochester - just don't think it's in the cards as long as the lockout is on.
While "packed" in terms of bodies, it's not particularly packed in terms of talent. Whitmore's an option since he's a known commodity, but it seemed like he was looking to get back to the Portland area where his new wife is from and where he was a very involved volunteer.

It will likely mean an opportunity for someone else (Flynn at the moment), but it's hard to be optimistic about it at this point.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:41 AM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
While "packed" in terms of bodies, it's not particularly packed in terms of talent. Whitmore's an option since he's a known commodity, but it seemed like he was looking to get back to the Portland area where his new wife is from and where he was a very involved volunteer.

It will likely mean an opportunity for someone else (Flynn at the moment), but it's hard to be optimistic about it at this point.
He didn't sign with Portland because phoneixs ownership questions. Once a two way contract was gone bodies started filling rosters due to the lockout. Tough year for players like him.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post

Give Flynn a chance. He may develop and surprise like Varone did last year.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
He didn't sign with Portland because phoneixs ownership questions. Once a two way contract was gone bodies started filling rosters due to the lockout. Tough year for players like him.
Whitmore is lucky to have a job right now. As Mancari stated a lot of quality AHL pros he has played with/against don't have a job this year.

Likewise, a lot of pros are sitting home from their previous job in Europe being pushed out by NHL players. (interesting article on former Amerk Domenic Pittis regarding this topic: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...818/story.html )

Old
10-16-2012, 11:02 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Give Flynn a chance. He may develop and surprise like Varone did last year.
I will. I'm fine with giving it a few weeks to see how he does. I can't see any GM who would go out and replace Tropp right now.

But unless Flynn shows he belongs in a top 6 role, it's necessary. There's way too much talent not to. Look at Toronto and Syracuse, who the Amerks have to play 20 times.

Old
10-16-2012, 11:20 AM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Whitmore is lucky to have a job right now. As Mancari stated a lot of quality AHL pros he has played with/against don't have a job this year.

Likewise, a lot of pros are sitting home from their previous job in Europe being pushed out by NHL players. (interesting article on former Amerk Domenic Pittis regarding this topic: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...818/story.html )
That's what I said. Phoneixs ownership questions prevented Whitmore from getting a contract. Add a lockout and it becomes even more difficult for him to find a job.

Old
10-16-2012, 01:23 PM
jfb392

Quote:
That's what I said. Phoneixs ownership questions prevented Whitmore from getting a contract. Add a lockout and it becomes even more difficult for him to find a job.
The fact that Whitmore isn't particularly useful to any NHL team also probably has something to do with it.

Let's not forget he was pretty much the last call up option for the Sabres and does nothing but score goals at a slightly above average level in the minors.

Old
10-16-2012, 01:31 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I'm streaming the Bingo/Crackchester game tonight. GDT is over in the Ottawa forum.

Old
10-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
The fact that Whitmore isn't particularly useful to any NHL team also probably has something to do with it.

Let's not forget he was pretty much the last call up option for the Sabres and does nothing but score goals at a slightly above average level in the minors.
27-28 goals and assistant captain for little cost to an AHL team seems pretty valuable to me.

Agreed he's not particularly useful for an NHL team, but I'm shocked he's only signed to a PTO right now.

Closed Thread