HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phx - ott

Old
10-16-2012, 12:21 AM
YotesFan47

vCash: 500
He forgot to mention murphy, summers (though probably not technically a prospect anymore), rundblad, and goncharov. Yea we got talent on the blue line like crazy.

Anyway, I'm not down to move gormley for that package, though its basically fair for both sides. I would be more welcome to sending stone and summers for him. Both those players are going to be fantastic 2-5 spot players but I have a gut feeling that there will be a gormley oel line and I want nothing more than to watch them dominate the league together.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
He forgot to mention murphy, summers (though probably not technically a prospect anymore), rundblad, and goncharov. Yea we got talent on the blue line like crazy.

Anyway, I'm not down to move gormley for that package, though its basically fair for both sides. I would be more welcome to sending stone and summers for him. Both those players are going to be fantastic 2-5 spot players but I have a gut feeling that there will be a gormley oel line and I want nothing more than to watch them dominate the league together.
Not even close to enough value for Michalek.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:28 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:

I did mention Rundblad, Goncharov is pretty sucky, Summers is nothing special at all. Murphy is meh, hard to say how he'll turn out.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:36 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Out of curiosity, what would you guys have wanted from us for Foligno?

It KILLS me that we couldn't top Columbus for him. I think he'd have fit like a glove in Phoenix.

10-16-2012, 12:38 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

It KILLS me that we couldn't top Columbus for him. I think he'd have fit like a glove in Phoenix.
Uhh... Gormley?

Seriously though, it would have had to have be a defenceman.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:40 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:

I think Columbus is a Sean Burke away from becoming Phoenix-lite. Very little in the way of top-line offensive talent, lots of grit and character, effective D-core. They just need to be able to pull elite goalies out of a hat like Phoenix can

Also, while I think Methot was a great piece to trade Foligno for, I don't think he can log top pairing minutes with Karlsson. I think he is just a replacement for Phillips as a shutdown guy on the 2nd/3rd pairing in a few years

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:41 AM
YotesFan47

Actually summers is a pretty talented player, murphy when not injured has shown why he was picked in the first round, and goncharov is the least talented but could still be a solid 4/5 guy in time. I missed the mention of rundblad, my bad. I really don't mind keeping summers and stone, both will be good players and probably undervalued by many fans, plus their young while michalek is going to likely start slowing down in the next few years.

Old
10-16-2012, 12:55 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Sort of off topic but not really considering the last few posts.

What I love about Phoenix is how they can win with a team of nobodies. No offence, it's a complement.

For example, just this summer, under the radar signings of Nick Johnson and David Moss. People running the show in Phoenix are geniuses. And they have the perfect coach for these types of players.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:55 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Actually summers is a pretty talented player, murphy when not injured has shown why he was picked in the first round, and goncharov is the least talented but could still be a solid 4/5 guy in time. I missed the mention of rundblad, my bad. I really don't mind keeping summers and stone, both will be good players and probably undervalued by many fans, plus their young while michalek is going to likely start slowing down in the next few years.
Agree with everything you said except the bolded. He's only 27, he's got 5 good years left easily, and any GM that wouldn't want a top-six winger with speed to burn, good defensive acumen and the ability to pot 30+ goals should be fired

Old
10-16-2012, 12:56 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Sort of off topic but not really considering the last few posts.

What I love about Phoenix is how they can win with a team of nobodies. No offence, it's a complement.

For example, just this summer, under the radar signings of Nick Johnson and David Moss. People running the show in Phoenix are geniuses. And they have the perfect coach for these types of players.
I loved the Sullivan signing personally. A Yandle-Sullivan pairing on the PP is gonna be sick

Old
10-16-2012, 01:22 AM
YotesFan47

I guess I deserve my second mistake in a row, shouldn't be drinking and writing on a forum with my phone. I thought michalek was 31, not sure where I picked that up from. With that in mind the gormley trade is more appealing but I still wouldn't let go of him purely out of wanting to see a potential top nhl defensive pairing.

Something like stone, summers, and a second would be a more fair offer, maybe a 2014 first instead of a second?

Old
10-16-2012, 01:26 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
I guess I deserve my second mistake in a row, shouldn't be drinking and writing on a forum with my phone. I thought michalek was 31, not sure where I picked that up from. With that in mind the gormley trade is more appealing but I still wouldn't let go of him purely out of wanting to see a potential top nhl defensive pairing.

Something like stone, summers, and a second would be a more fair offer, maybe a 2014 first instead of a second?
I don't want to comment on the value , but I want to point out that the Sens farm team is absolutely packed with prospects. The organization is probably as deep as it's ever been in it's history. Sens aren't interested in a quantity-for-quality deal, unless it's us sending the quantity and getting the quality in return.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:08 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
What cap? Lock out. We dont know what the new numbers will be.

Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Hoffman, Petersson

Are all knocking on the door.
They're only prospects right now. Half of them will be playing the Norwegian league in 5 years if we're lucky. If we're unlucky, more of them will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Done and done. Michalek is just a regular 2nd line winger... and I like that the Sens get even younger.
On what team?

He's been 55th-75th in scoring amongst forwards 4 of the past 6 years (66, 55, 57 & 60 points).

Our team has 1 proven Top-6 forward besides Michalek; Spezza.

25yo Latendresse = career high of 40 points.
26yo Greening = career high of 37 points.
23yo K. Turris = career high of 29 points.
26yo P. Regin = career high of 29 points.

Total Number of 30+ point seasons by any current Ottawa Senator (excluding Spezza/Alfie) = 3

- 2010-11 Latendresse = 40 points
- 2011-12 Greening = 37 points
- 2005-06 C. Neil = 33 points

Do the two of you truly comprehend how much we can't make make this deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Also, while I think Methot was a great piece to trade Foligno for, I don't think he can log top pairing minutes with Karlsson. I think he is just a replacement for Phillips as a shutdown guy on the 2nd/3rd pairing in a few years
Phillips was a #3 on a 100+ point a season playoff teams for a decade. Teams that typically included Redden and Chara.

Methot has been a #4-5 for a bottom feeder on teams that typically included... uhh, other defensemen whose names I can't quite recall.

I hope that he can replace Phillips, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Quote:
Agree with everything you said except the bolded. He's only 27, he's got 5 good years left easily, and any GM that wouldn't want a top-six winger with speed to burn, good defensive acumen and the ability to pot 30+ goals should be fired
... and is also 225 lbs.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 07:45 AM
TSA0402

Neither team does this.

Especially Ottawa.

A guy who just scored 35 goals for Brandon Gormley? Come on...

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 08:10 AM
korpedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Who on earth hates Coyotes' fans?
Really? Head on over to the BoH section or look at almost any coyotes meme. If those aren't haters Idk what is

korpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:33 AM
goldy2266

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Neither team does this.

Especially Ottawa.

A guy who just scored 35 goals for Brandon Gormley? Come on...
I'm not too sure about that ^^ This is a classic sell high senario, Everyone one on here likes to infer that no team trades a player when his value is at an all time low.... and I agree that's silly you'd never get true value. The problem is, this is the flip side. You have a guy that has never topped 30 goals in a season, and it's not like he was playing with 3rd or fourth liners in SJ. MM is a speady, strong two-way player. He is not a perenial 30+ goal man..... Ottawa is still a team in transition. I don't beleive they are cup contenders yet, but when they put all of the pieces together they will have one hell of a good team in a couple years. They have an embarsment of riches coming down the pipe line for all of their forward lines. With the prospect pool Ottawa is drawing from I would not worry about 20-30 goals that have to be made up after loosing MM, I'm wanting to add a potential top pairing D-man like Gormley. Top propescts do get traded for this very kind of package. Teams over pay all the time for quality D espesially if it's for one of the best defensive prospects in the NHL... This is a fair proposal and not an overpayment by any means. MM is no scrub, he is like I said a very talented two way forward. This trade would have made FAR more sence before dealing Foligno for Methot. But I'd still make the trade! A two way forward can be replaced easier than a top pairing D...

goldy2266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:38 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Top 3 winger maybe? 30 teams x 3 = 90 forwards

13th (35) in goals and 58th (25) in points, about the same stats as Correy Perry (27-23).

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:21 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Do I like Gormley? Yes.
Would I like to have him in our prospect pool? Absolutely.
Am I willing to trade a guy that just scored 35 goals for him, while being big, fast, and great in all zones? Heck no!

The Sens need to add a sniping winger (hence their pitch for Nash), not trade one away.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:23 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Top 3 winger maybe? 30 teams x 3 = 90 forwards

13th (35) in goals and 58th (25) in points, about the same stats as Correy Perry (27-23).
I think you mean top line forward, not winger. Top line winger would be 30 teams * 2 top line wingers per team = 60 wingers.

Nitpick, maybe, but worth mentioning.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Leave Spezza Alone
moral victories

Quote:

Your Michalek.

Leave Spezza Alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:58 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I think you mean top line forward, not winger. Top line winger would be 30 teams * 2 top line wingers per team = 60 wingers.

Nitpick, maybe, but worth mentioning.
I know you like to Nitpick

yes, top line forward

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:01 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Your Michalek.
Would Stone have been appealing? I personally feel he's more likely to be a top four than either Summers or Schlemko.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

Quote:
Would Stone have been appealing? I personally feel he's more likely to be a top four than either Summers or Schlemko.
No, Stone isn't as good as Methot.

Unless your name is MandyAlwaysKnows, most Sens fans think Methot has a good chance to be Erik Karlsson's defensive partner.

Marvelous Manked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Leave Spezza Alone
moral victories

Quote:
Probably not. By getting Methot, it looks like we were looking for some experience.

Leave Spezza Alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Your Michalek.
Actually, when reading the OP, I was wondering if uniting the Michalek brothers was part of the motivation of the proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
I know you like to Nitpick

yes, top line forward
Nitpicking, or ensuring accuracy?