HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 03:31 PM
bunjay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
I saw the 1st game live.. I came way pretty impressed.
He said first two games. He was awful against the Monsters, which can lead to two different conclusions:

Bust!

or

Any conclusions being drawn already are entirely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Good game here, bad game there.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:35 PM
SarcazemKadri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
How many hits did he take to make a play for a teammate? None! How did his feet look in his own end, when he didn't have the puck? Slow! He plays a selfish game. He needs to work on his leadership. Or, is leadership something a player either has, or does not have?
Did you watch the game or are you just making blanket statements about Kadri? He played a solid game. Through and through.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Tuna99

Kadri for Luongo - this is why Eakins slammed him, so when Burke pulls the trigger on the trade Leafs nation isn't scratching their heads, the reason is built in already.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:42 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Kadri for Luongo - this is why Eakins slammed him, so when Burke pulls the trigger on the trade Leafs nation isn't scratching their heads, the reason is built in already.
Why would the Leafs have to trade Kadri for Luongo? The contract...the situation...it all suggest minimal return for the Canucks does it not?

Old
10-15-2012, 03:43 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
I'd rather keep Kadri than have Luongo. I'd rather keep Colborne than have Luongo.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
Did you watch the game or are you just making blanket statements about Kadri? He played a solid game. Through and through.
I actually PVR'd the game, and watched it, focussing specifically (when the camera allowed) on Kadri and Hodgson. I found Kadri disappointing on the two points I mentioned. Watch the next game and look how he does not take hits. He purposely avoids contact, unless he is the aggressor. He must learn to accept contact to make a play. His skill level is not at a level where he can be a selfish player. Hodgson impressed me with his improvement in this area. He used to very rarely take contact to make plays. In the game I watched he did that consistently. That is leadership, a quality both those young players need to develop.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:46 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
I actually PVR'd the game, and watched it, focussing specifically (when the camera allowed) on Kadri and Hodgson. I found Kadri disappointing on the two points I mentioned. Watch the next game and look how he does not take hits. He purposely avoids contact, unless he is the aggressor. He must learn to accept contact to make a play. His skill level is not at a level where he can be a selfish player. Hodgson impressed me with his improvement in this area. He used to very rarely take contact to make plays. In the game I watched he did that consistently. That is leadership, a quality both those young players need to develop.

u were watching a different game.
hodgson was invisible, kadri was awesome. he didn't avoid contact. he didn't need too. kadri has shown leadership abilities already in his career. kadri was the very few players I actually see go to the net on leafs, other is grabo and kulimen. the bolded
now u are denying his skill level kadri has elite skill and great vision. great playmaking abillity. he is not selifish, look at amount of passing he does. U seem to hate kadri, I believe kadri will shut you up and jughead plus others who deny him. Lets go NAZEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
If he's selfish why did he pass to Gardiner when Gardiner scored that goal?

Old
10-15-2012, 09:47 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
If he's selfish why did he pass to Gardiner when Gardiner scored that goal?

well said

Old
10-16-2012, 12:33 AM
meng666

Kadri was amazing the first game, no doubt about it. The second game was one of the worst that i have seen him play (although he still made some slick passes and almost scored a couple times). Ultimately the whole team looked thoroughly confused on the pp and they need some set plays. They are still figuring things out down there big time; aucoin who eats that league alive is pointless and has looked ineffectual thusfar.

Old
10-16-2012, 01:17 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Nawh man, the reason's because Kadri wants to be an astronaut. He told Bourke and so Bourke told Eakens to slam him so when he left to pursue a career with NASA, Leafs Nation isn't left scratching their heads. The reason's built in.

Old
10-16-2012, 01:50 AM
Mr Pringles

His career so far reminds me of Loui Erikssons.

Old
10-16-2012, 04:37 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Possibly a bit, but he's by no means a bust. I basically see him as being a 50-60 point 2nd line winger.

Old
10-16-2012, 06:46 AM
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
I'd rather keep Kadri than have Luongo. I'd rather keep Colborne than have Luongo.
I'd rather keep Conolly then have Luongo

Old
10-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
oh boy, hope you're not serious

Old
10-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
u were watching a different game.
hodgson was invisible, kadri was awesome. he didn't avoid contact. he didn't need too. kadri has shown leadership abilities already in his career. kadri was the very few players I actually see go to the net on leafs, other is grabo and kulimen. the bolded
now u are denying his skill level kadri has elite skill and great vision. great playmaking abillity. he is not selifish, look at amount of passing he does. U seem to hate kadri, I believe kadri will shut you up and jughead plus others who deny him. Lets go NAZEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's funny is that even the sabres fans and ex canuck fans noted that Hodgson was doing well but Kadri was just dominating in the AHL game. Last game I don't know what the hell happened to the team but it wasn't all on Kadri. Maybe it was just a lapse of judgement with sense of entitlement.

10-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Hips/flexibility are a big part of shifty-ness. His shifty-ness looked improved, thus I think it's logical to think that maybe his hips/flexibility. I would guess that hips & flexibility are things that Roberts would focus on as it's a huge aspect of athleticism. Thanks for coming out champ.
again, that's amazingly detailed scouting. you must be watching him with great intensity.

Old
10-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
All that aside, what are your impressions of Kadri and the Marlies after watching the 1st 2 Games?
i didn't watch either of the first two games. i don't watch ahl hockey anymore.

how about you?

Old
10-16-2012, 08:26 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 10-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
i didn't watch either of the first two games. i don't watch ahl hockey anymore.

how about you?
I watched some of both. More of the 1st game very little of the 2nd.

I thought Kadri had pretty good jump for a fat guy.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:13 AM
lampshade*

Hasn't been able to crack the big club. Has been criticized for his actions and his professionalism by both the leafs and marlies organization. Every draft pick from his year above him has a solid spot in the show *i think, not certain though. So yea, he is obv well behind in his development.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:17 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
Hasn't been able to crack the big club. Has been criticized for his actions and his professionalism by both the leafs and marlies organization. Every draft pick from his year above him has a solid spot in the show *i think, not certain though. So yea, he is obv well behind in his development.

how about the one's after him? he is developing at a normal path. he is not behind by any means. he was not criticized for those things. wat ever the team has told him to do, he has done it, wat else do you want. kadri will shut your moth, just watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-16-2012, 10:27 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
I was there live and I'll tell you right now, Hodgson looked like crap. He was invisible the whole game and the only reason I noticed him was when I zoned in on him specifically. He looked small too, smaller than Kadri. Buffalo's in deep **** if Hodgson is their 1st line center

Old
10-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
Only three forwards outside of the top 5 as I have repeated has actually cracked the NHL. MoJo with the capitals, O'Reilly aka Radar with the avalanche and Kyle Clifford. I am not even including MPS because that was just a disastrous move by the Oilers.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
I was there live and I'll tell you right now, Hodgson looked like crap. He was invisible the whole game and the only reason I noticed him was when I zoned in on him specifically. He looked small too, smaller than Kadri. Buffalo's in deep **** if Hodgson is their 1st line center
It's always better to see a player live, so I accept your account. Did you notice Kadri's avoiding contact when he has the puck? I would like to see him not be selfish in this way, and take a hit to make a play. I have noticed this with his play in all three zones, and it results in horrible turn-overs. He needs to be tougher in this part of his game.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Skating needs work, he's better I think but he disappeared for sure.

Closed Thread