HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 1997-born players in NB

Old
10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
hockey100

vCash: 500
Fredericton parents vs Moncton parents

The reason some 97 were not notice is because they were not on the ice but in the stand. They were already selected for the teams. Their only so much place at the bench. Please don’t kill this thread with negative comments, its fun to have everyone view. I’m from Quebec and cannot always be at all game so it is very helpful to read different opinions.

I will put some name for comments;

Alexandre Beaulieu
Patrick Dennis
Sebastien Breau Benoit
Ben Morrison
Tanner Munn

Those names were in the list of 20 names given to me from last year and I didn’t see any comments on them. Thanks for any information.

Last edited by hockey100: 10-05-2012 at 01:30 PM.
hockey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 08:20 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey100 View Post
The reason some 97 were not notice is because they were not on the ice but in the stand. They were already selected for the teams. Their only so much place at the bench. Please donít kill this thread with negative comments, its fun to have everyone view. Iím from Quebec and cannot always be at all game so it is very helpful to read different opinions.

I will put some name for comments;

Alexandre Beaulieu
Patrick Dennis
Sebastien Breau Benoit
Ben Morrison
Tanner Munn

Those names were in the list of 20 names given to me from last year and I didnít see any comments on them. Thanks for any information.
I agree this is about opinions on players , as far as the above mentioned names Morrison and Munn never tried out in Fredericton for major midget, as far as the others I have no info on them I heard Beniot may be at OHA in Ontario.

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 11:03 AM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;54796097]I agree this is about opinions on players , as far as the above mentioned names Morrison and Munn never tried out in Fredericton for major midget, as far as the others I have no info on them I heard Beniot may be at OHA in Ontario.[/QUOTE

Its only early in the season I will throw out my early ranking of the top 97 NB forwards playing Major Midget in NB

Bower
Leblanc
Daley
Tompkins
Belic
Theriualt
Woulds

Other 97 forwards

Alward
Cameron
Billings
Scott
Ward
Pellerin

Any thoughts on any of these players?

Old
10-10-2012, 01:13 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;54843931]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I agree this is about opinions on players , as far as the above mentioned names Morrison and Munn never tried out in Fredericton for major midget, as far as the others I have no info on them I heard Beniot may be at OHA in Ontario.[/QUOTE

Its only early in the season I will throw out my early ranking of the top 97 NB forwards playing Major Midget in NB

Bower
Leblanc
Daley
Tompkins
Belic
Theriualt
Woulds

Other 97 forwards

Alward
Cameron
Billings
Scott
Ward
Pellerin

I have heard that the Moncton 97's aren't getting much ice time, obviously the Fredericton ones are. I would agree with your top list.

Disappointed in the NB Male U15 team effort. I thought they would be better than they performed. I know that isn't for this thread but thought I would toss it out there.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Canada4Gold1

I was in Moncton for work this weekend and was able to catch the Moncton vs Miramichi game. Moncton only plays with 3 lines so I don't know where you are hearing that the 97's aren't playing much. It looked like there was one on every line. Jacob didn't play and Landry was backup.

Miramichi on the other hand plays with 4 lines and it seemed like most of the game was played with only two lines with Theriault being the only 97 on one of those lines. Hugo Robichaud played a ton as Miramichi only played with 4 defencemen for half the game since they were missing one and another one had a problem with his skate. The other 97's Woulds, Beaulieu, and Scott are barely playing from what I saw that night and from what I heard from people in the stands.

I agree with most of your rankings but I'd like to know why you have Woulds ahead of Beaulieu and Scott. I'm guessing you wanted to put 2 from every team but Woulds has racked up a ton of penalty minutes while the other two have not and none of them have points so do penalty minutes benefit your team and increase your ranking? I also asked about Tristan Young while I was there and the parents told me he quit two days before the final cut and is playing Midget AA in Campbellton since the Midget Minor folded.

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 06:06 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=NBHockey;54890145][QUOTE=hockey jockey;54843931]

I have heard that the Moncton 97's aren't getting much ice time, obviously the Fredericton ones are. I would agree with your top list.

Disappointed in the NB Male U15 team effort. I thought they would be better than they performed. I know that isn't for this thread but thought I would toss it out there.[/QUOT

I think Nova Scotia was very strong this year at U-15 team NB had lots of skill but not much size from what I hear

Old
10-10-2012, 10:53 PM
TonyTinglebone

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;54896331][QUOTE=NBHockey;54890145]
Quote:

Disappointed in the NB Male U15 team effort. I thought they would be better than they performed. I know that isn't for this thread but thought I would toss it out there.[/QUOT

I think Nova Scotia was very strong this year at U-15 team NB had lots of skill but not much size from what I hear
Word from the tourney was that Nova Scotia was head and shoulders above everyone else. Heard that Crossley, Getson and Balmas were pretty dominant over the weekend.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 07:39 AM
mrscout

Young was not going to tryout for Midget minor, he decided on Midget AA from the start. Woulds does spend a bit of time in the box. Scott spends alot of time killing penalty's and the 4 lines seemed to be rolling from what I saw. Hard to watch for player's with 4 lines. Moncton has 3 solid lines which is easy to rotate and they should be successful this year because of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
I was in Moncton for work this weekend and was able to catch the Moncton vs Miramichi game. Moncton only plays with 3 lines so I don't know where you are hearing that the 97's aren't playing much. It looked like there was one on every line. Jacob didn't play and Landry was backup.

Miramichi on the other hand plays with 4 lines and it seemed like most of the game was played with only two lines with Theriault being the only 97 on one of those lines. Hugo Robichaud played a ton as Miramichi only played with 4 defencemen for half the game since they were missing one and another one had a problem with his skate. The other 97's Woulds, Beaulieu, and Scott are barely playing from what I saw that night and from what I heard from people in the stands.

I agree with most of your rankings but I'd like to know why you have Woulds ahead of Beaulieu and Scott. I'm guessing you wanted to put 2 from every team but Woulds has racked up a ton of penalty minutes while the other two have not and none of them have points so do penalty minutes benefit your team and increase your ranking? I also asked about Tristan Young while I was there and the parents told me he quit two days before the final cut and is playing Midget AA in Campbellton since the Midget Minor folded.

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 10:27 AM
mrscout

I don't believe that Woulds, Pellerin, or Billings are in the same class as the other's you have mentioned.[QUOTE=hockey jockey;54843931]
Quote:
I agree this is about opinions on players , as far as the above mentioned names Morrison and Munn never tried out in Fredericton for major midget, as far as the others I have no info on them I heard Beniot may be at OHA in Ontario.[/QUOTE

Bower
Leblanc
Daley
Tompkins
Belic
Theriualt
Woulds

Other 97 forwards

Alward
Cameron
Billings
Scott
Ward
Pellerin

Old
10-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Dogpound

[QUOTE=NBHockey;54890145]
Quote:

Disappointed in the NB Male U15 team effort. I thought they would be better than they performed. I know that isn't for this thread but thought I would toss it out there.
Have seen a few of Moncton's games and they only have 3 lines. Ward, Belec, and Alward all got a lot of icetime. Jacob still out with his injury.. Max Landry has also played 2 of the 5 games. Moncton looks really good especially with two of their better players still sitting out.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:33 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

[QUOTE=Dogpound;54911903]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post

Have seen a few of Moncton's games and they only have 3 lines. Ward, Belec, and Alward all got a lot of icetime. Jacob still out with his injury.. Max Landry has also played 2 of the 5 games. Moncton looks really good especially with two of their better players still sitting out.
I know Jacob is out still, who is the other out injured?

Speaking of injuries, Where is Matthew Paul? He has no games played, injured?

Old
10-11-2012, 06:04 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=mrscout;54909309]I don't believe that Woulds, Pellerin, or Billings are in the same class as the other's you have mentioned.I agree, I just through those names out there as they are playing on AAA Midget teams and wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on them.

Old
10-11-2012, 06:07 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=NBHockey;54919555]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post

How much longer is Jacob out for ? not sure on Paul have only seen Canadiens play in Jamboree he may be injured , did he return to Notre Dame or stay in Fredericton?

Old
10-12-2012, 08:03 AM
mrscout

I heard Matt Paul had a knee injury during the Jamboree.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Dogpound

[QUOTE=NBHockey;54919555]
Quote:

Luc Eagle who will be one of the top d men in the league and was voted top defensman of the Atlantics last year is still out as well.

Old
10-13-2012, 03:23 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscout View Post
I heard Matt Paul had a knee injury during the Jamboree.
Yes was out injured I think he played his first game last night in St John.?

Old
10-14-2012, 09:33 AM
NBfan

Paul was injured at the jamboree, is now back. Looked good Friday vs Saint John.

LeBlanc is very effective at what he does, which is generate offence. He shows little interest in his own end, will have to change that if he's to advance.

Robichaud and Theriault are playing lots for Miramichi, not accomplishing much, but it's early.

Bower is adjusting to dealing with the tight space. He will be fine.

Vance and Deschenes are looking solid for Fredericton. Keeping it simple, nothing flashy. Of course more is expected of Deschenes, we'll see if he can step it up.

Pellerin, Woulds and Scott are muckers and agitators. Ward has always been the same, but is showing signs he can generate some offence too. I've not seen much of Belec or Alward, but I've only seen Moncton twice, and coach does like to run a short bench.

Tompkins and Daley may be go-to guys in Fredericton. Very promising start in both cases, although neither looked good vs Saint John Friday. Then again, few Canadiens did.

NBfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 05:25 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

What is wrong with Thomas Leonard, he didn't play either game this weekend for Saint John?

Old
10-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
What is wrong with Thomas Leonard, he didn't play either game this weekend for Saint John?
Thomas Leonard hasn't played since he got hit in a game against Moncton. Concussion i think.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBfan View Post
Paul was injured at the jamboree, is now back. Looked good Friday vs Saint John.

LeBlanc is very effective at what he does, which is generate offence. He shows little interest in his own end, will have to change that if he's to advance.

Robichaud and Theriault are playing lots for Miramichi, not accomplishing much, but it's early.

Bower is adjusting to dealing with the tight space. He will be fine.

Vance and Deschenes are looking solid for Fredericton. Keeping it simple, nothing flashy. Of course more is expected of Deschenes, we'll see if he can step it up.

Pellerin, Woulds and Scott are muckers and agitators. Ward has always been the same, but is showing signs he can generate some offence too. I've not seen much of Belec or Alward, but I've only seen Moncton twice, and coach does like to run a short bench.

Tompkins and Daley may be go-to guys in Fredericton. Very promising start in both cases, although neither looked good vs Saint John Friday. Then again, few Canadiens did.
Woulds and Scott can be agitators but they have to stay out of the box. 28 min and 20 min in 6 games is not helping a team out especially for 15 year olds. Tompkins and Daley will definitely be go to guys in Fredericton as they don't have a very offensive team. That being said it is a tough league for 15 year olds to be go to guys. Not sure how Moncton coach uses a short bench when they only have 9 forwards. The games I have seen, they have played all three lines. I think the first line might play a bit more on power play but can't argue with that. Just look at the stats and bradley is dominating the league right now.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:00 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Woulds and Scott can be agitators but they have to stay out of the box. 28 min and 20 min in 6 games is not helping a team out especially for 15 year olds. Tompkins and Daley will definitely be go to guys in Fredericton as they don't have a very offensive team. That being said it is a tough league for 15 year olds to be go to guys. Not sure how Moncton coach uses a short bench when they only have 9 forwards. The games I have seen, they have played all three lines. I think the first line might play a bit more on power play but can't argue with that. Just look at the stats and bradley is dominating the league right now.
Moncton is a very good team not sure how 3 lines will work for them once injuries and suspensions come into play Bradley is getting LOTS of ice time that may be part of the reason for his dominance.Just think how good Moncton will be when Jacob comes back.I don't think they are as deep as last year though, a young Fredericton team hung with them yesterday I think there weakness is on the back end but they do have good goaltending.

Woulds and Scott survived in Peewee and Bantam just mostly due to there size, that is not helpling them as much in Midget as there is many kids as big or bigger in the league than them.

JMO

Old
10-16-2012, 07:20 AM
mrscout

Yes Bradley does get a ton of ice, sometimes double shifts with 3 lines but if it helps you win than it has to be that way. Jacob will definetly make a difference especially when he is in top shape. Not sure if I would call Woulds and Scott agitators. They don't seem to say much but they like to play in the dirty area's that the so called stars stay away from. Their coach seems to want a checking line since I see Gallant is also on the same line. I can only assume that they have been given a role to play but they seem to get a fair amount of ice. The agitators are usually the ones you can actually hear mouthing off while you are in the stands. Fredericton and Moncton had a decent game and also quite clean from what I saw.

Old
10-16-2012, 08:02 AM
mrscout

mmmm

Last edited by mrscout: 10-16-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old
10-16-2012, 08:10 AM
mrscout

Woulds didn't play Pee-Wee AAA either year. Out of the 6 teams I don't think there are more than a half dozen kids bigger than him. Scott simply plays the game in all area's and neither are timid for first year player's. Same goes for Belac and Vance, they all like to rough it up. Nice to see.
Quote:
Moncton is a very good team not sure how 3 lines will work for them once injuries and suspensions come into play Bradley is getting LOTS of ice time that may be part of the reason for his dominance.Just think how good Moncton will be when Jacob comes back.I don't think they are as deep as last year though, a young Fredericton team hung with them yesterday I think there weakness is on the back end but they do have good goaltending.

Woulds and Scott survived in Peewee and Bantam just mostly due to there size, that is not helpling them as much in Midget as there is many kids as big or bigger in the league than them.

JMO

Old
10-16-2012, 09:53 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscout View Post
Woulds didn't play Pee-Wee AAA either year. Out of the 6 teams I don't think there are more than a half dozen kids bigger than him. Scott simply plays the game in all area's and neither are timid for first year player's. Same goes for Belac and Vance, they all like to rough it up. Nice to see.
Penalties kill you at this level and beyond though. So Coaches and Scouts will be watching for what "type" of mucker they are. Some players never win a race to a puck in those dirty areas and then come in and hit someone awkwardly or are the retaliating type.

If you're going to play this way, you need the discipline to take it when it comes your way. Some of the guys you have mentioned are good at giving it, not so good at taking it.