HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #20

View Poll Results: #20
Sergei Andronov, RW 4 14.29%
Cody Beach, RW 2 7.14%
Anthony Nigro, C 0 0%
Jordan Binnington, G 1 3.57%
Colton Parayko, D 0 0%
Tyrel Seaman, C 2 7.14%
Teemu Eronen, D 14 50.00%
Paul Karpowich, G 0 0%
Stefan Della Rovere, LW 1 3.57%
Niklas Lundstrom, G 0 0%
Mark Cundari, D 2 7.14%
Nick Walters, D 0 0%
Francois Tremblay, G 0 0%
Jay Barriball, RW 0 0%
David Shields, D 0 0%
Petteri Lindbohm, D 0 0%
Max Gardiner, C 0 0%
Brett Sonne, C 0 0%
Max Tardy, C 0 0%
Trevor Nill, C 0 0%
Tyler Shattuck, RW 0 0%
Anthony Peluso, RW 1 3.57%
OTHER 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-13-2012, 01:45 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

vCash: 500
St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #20

QMJHLer Ryan Tesink nabs the 19th seed with 44.83% of the vote.

Top Prospects
#1 Vladimir Tarasenko, RW, 6'0, 191, 12/13/1991 (92.16%)
#2 Jaden Schwartz, LW, 5'9, 179, 6/25/1992 (92.5%)
#3 Ty Rattie, RW, 6'0, 167, 2/5/1993 (57.38%)
#4 Ian Cole, D, 6'1, 225, 2/21/1989 (75.61%)
#5 Jake Allen, G, 6'2, 195, 8/7/1990 (73.33%)
#6 Jordan Schmaltz, D, 6'2, 170, 10/8/1993 (38.1%)
#7 Jani Hakanpaa, D, 6'5, 218, 3/31/1992 (64.71%)
#8 Cade Fairchild, D, 5'11, 175, 1/15/1989 (61.7%)
#9 Philip McRae, C, 6'2, 200, 3/15/1990 (57.89%)
#10 Sebastian Wannstrom, RW, 6'1, 183, 3/3/1991 (30.95%)
#11 Evgeny Grachev, C/LW, 6'4, 225, 2/21/1990 (38.10%)
(tie) #12 Sam Kurker, RW, 6'2, 198, 4/8/94 (30.0%)
(tie) #12 Jori Lehtera, C, 6'1, 201, 12/23/87 (30.0%)
#14 Joel Edmundson, D, 6'4, 192, 6/28/93 (51.85%)
#15 Dmitrij Jaskin, RW, 6'2, 198, 3/23/93 (40.54%)
#16 Brett Ponich, D, 6'7, 220, 2/22/91 (42.11%)
#17 Yannick Veilleux, LW, 6'2, 190, 2/22/93 (48.48%)
#18 MacKenzie MacEachern, LW, 6'2, 174, 3/9/94 (35.39%)
#19 Ryan Tesink, C/LW, 6'0, 165, 5/21/93 (44.83)

Please both vote and comment on who you'd like to be added, if there's anyone even possible.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Robb_K

I don't know enough about ANY of the remaining players, other than Shields' limitations, and a little about Nigro. I have heard that Eronen has been a pleasant surprise. But I know almost nothing about him, and have not even seen highlights of his play. I'd guess that Andronov, Eronen, Parayko, Nigro, Beach, Della Rovere and Binnington, Tremblay, Lundström might all prove to be the next prospect, in terms of their potential value as a regular future NHL player. But, ALL of them are huge gambles to put one's money on to eventually be a full-time, regular NHLer.

I went with Andronov, only because he may have the offensive upside potential.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Memento
Missourian.

I went with Cody Beach. He's 6'5", 200 lbs. with the frame to hold more weight, and he has a lot of skill for an enforcer/agitator. He has a fair bit of upside, and I feel that he's more likely to reach it than guys like Andronov, Parayko, Eronen, Seaman, Nigro, Lindbohm, or any of the three new goalies (Binnington, Lundstrom, Tremblay).

Memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 02:32 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

If people are thinking Beach, then Peluso has to be ahead of him on that list. Beach just got sent down to ECHL and Doug Armstrong cited Peluso as someone getting ready enough to be called on for NHL duty that Crombeen could be traded.

It's getting into serious crapshoot territory but I'm going Eronen. He's older (22 in about a month) and I think Jarmo may have had an inside insight on him before the draft. He's been very strong developing since the draft and I'll reward him with my vote.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 02:44 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Went with Cundari...Not sure why either.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 02:46 PM
stlweir

Also went with Eronen. Was going to go Beach but his getting sent to the ECHL threw a wet blanket on that thought. Peluso has had a good preseason and scored the lone Riverman goal last night. Looks like he is getting regular ice time on the 3rd line.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 05:40 PM
STL fan in IA

Went with Eronen but this is a very fluid section of the rankings. Almost went with Parayko so I'll go with Parayko next round. Nigro, Beach, Peluso, Della Rovere and the 4 goalies are all right there too IMO. This is a complete crapshoot area of the rankings in which years from now if we look back at this, guys are going to look way out of place here...in both directions.

Regarding Eronen, he certainly has skill but he's small and small Euro d-men usually take a long time to develop to make it in the NHL (if they ever do) so I wonder if in the end he'll be willing to put in the time in the minors just to have a shot at making it when he could make more money in Finland. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now though.

Parayko intrigues me but I want to see more of him before I rank him much higher.

Nigro strikes me as a player who has the potential to eventually make it as a solid bottom-6 player. He does a lot if little things well. Too bad he's starting this season injured. Same for Della Rovere. I think this is pretty much a make of break season for Della Rovere.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 05:55 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
If people are thinking Beach, then Peluso has to be ahead of him on that list. Beach just got sent down to ECHL and Doug Armstrong cited Peluso as someone getting ready enough to be called on for NHL duty that Crombeen could be traded.

It's getting into serious crapshoot territory but I'm going Eronen. He's older (22 in about a month) and I think Jarmo may have had an inside insight on him before the draft. He's been very strong developing since the draft and I'll reward him with my vote.
I see what you're saying but I don't think it should be automatic that Peluso goes ahead of Beach just because one is on the verge of getting NHL call-up time (when there is an NHL) and the other just got demoted to the ECHL. Rating prospects is about a long-term view so if someone thinks that long-term, Beach will be better than Peluso, then so be it. Peluso just happens to be 3 years farther along in his development. That and Peoria is simply very deep at forward this season, especially with the lockout. I'll note that Peluso played a good chunk of his rookie pro season in the ECHL as well, and even a couple games in the IHL.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Also went with Eronen. Was going to go Beach but his getting sent to the ECHL threw a wet blanket on that thought. Peluso has had a good preseason and scored the lone Riverman goal last night. Looks like he is getting regular ice time on the 3rd line.
Huh? Just because a young player doesn't make an AHL roster doesn't mean he doesn't have a chance to eventually make an NHL roster. It might have more to do with Peoria having a boatload of bottom six forward candidates. Everything has to be considered in context. Peluso is older, and more ready to handle a regular spot on an AHL line, and act as the team's "tough guy", doesn't mean Beach has any less upside than he'd have if Peluso wasn't around and Beach made that same AHL roster.

Assignment to an ECHL roster doesn't retard Beach's development towards eventually getting on an NHL roster. His playing on a second line in The ECHL and getting a lot more ice-time and playing in a 2-way role (including scoring responsibility) might round out his overall game better than had he gotten less time on a 4th line in The AHL. We're looking at a 3-4 year period here.

As Iowa stated above, you can pick just about ANY of the prospects left, and make a case for or against, with equal uncertainty.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:24 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Huh? Just because a young player doesn't make an AHL roster doesn't mean he doesn't have a chance to eventually make an NHL roster. It might have more to do with Peoria having a boatload of bottom six forward candidates. Everything has to be considered in context. Peluso is older, and more ready to handle a regular spot on an AHL line, and act as the team's "tough guy", doesn't mean Beach has any less upside than he'd have if Peluso wasn't around and Beach made that same AHL roster.

Assignment to an ECHL roster doesn't retard Beach's development towards eventually getting on an NHL roster. His playing on a second line in The ECHL and getting a lot more ice-time and playing in a 2-way role (including scoring responsibility) might round out his overall game better than had he gotten less time on a 4th line in The AHL. We're looking at a 3-4 year period here.

As Iowa stated above, you can pick just about ANY of the prospects left, and make a case for or against, with equal uncertainty.
Absolutely Robb K! I would rather see the prospects that we have play first and 2nd line or top 4 defense minutes than ride the pine on a level they don't necessarily belong on at this point in their career. Beach benefits from playing as much as possible, not being pidgeoned holed as a 5 minute a game tough guy. He has third line upside, and I would rather try to develop him to hopefully reach that goal.

The Evansville relationship needs to be used for that very goal. Play our prospects 15 to 20 minutes a game in all responsibilities. I like moving Sonne and Shattuck down, if they aren't going to play over 10 minutes a game. This was why I was so high on keeping Schwartz down. Let him be the 25 minutes a game star at a higher level. He has that potential at the next level. His cup of coffee last year showed he needed some tweeking for the next level. Use the Red Wing example of developing players. Like them or not...they get it done.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
h22prelude93

Sticking with Andronov who scored his first Ahl goal this weekend.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:50 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Went with Binnington here. He's off to a good start and is just about as much of a crap shoot as everyone else at this point.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Went with Eronen here, but its pretty much a crap shoot

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:32 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

re: Beach v. Peluso, just saying that both project as basically 4th liners. They're not scorers, they're tough guys who might be able to have the same offensive moments Ryan Reaves has. Given that they're both in the same category of player, my argument was just that one is much closer to actual NHL duty than the other (which is one dimension to us ranking prospects), and thus has tackled the development curve. If Beach also completes the curve, he'll be where Peluso is in another couple years.

Also agree that Parayko is next.

Jake Allen is also not the Blues' 5th best prospect, btw.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 01:54 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Going with Della Rovere. I really thought this kid would turn into a Tootoo/Clutterbuck type player for us, and I'm still holding out hope.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:29 AM
STL fan in IA

I'm surprised Parayko doesn't have any votes this round. Eronen just edged him out for me but a 6'5" offensive d-man who already looked good in his first 2 college games as a freshman while recording a goal? I'm liking this pick so far. Both he and MacEachern seem to have quite high potential compared to where they were drafted. Both are quite raw but they also both have pretty high potential.

Old
10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
I'm surprised Parayko doesn't have any votes this round. Eronen just edged him out for me but a 6'5" offensive d-man who already looked good in his first 2 college games as a freshman while recording a goal? I'm liking this pick so far. Both he and MacEachern seem to have quite high potential compared to where they were drafted. Both are quite raw but they also both have pretty high potential.
agreed. How many of the Blues high scoring high school guys floundered at the college level? Early indications are good. Probably my next pick.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Going with Della Rovere. I really thought this kid would turn into a Tootoo/Clutterbuck type player for us, and I'm still holding out hope.
Della Rovere will never score anywhere near as much as Clutterbuck on The NHL level.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:50 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Della Rovere will never score anywhere near as much as Clutterbuck on The NHL level.
Yeah, very true. I tend to forget about his offense coming along like it has.

I more meant the agitating, get under the opposition's skin, etc. abilities of Tootoo and Clutterbuck and their ilk.

Its not like I've seen the guys this low on the list play much, if ever, so I have no idea about Della Rovere's talent, just his stat line.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote