HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "I'm doing THIS, instead of watching hockey" thread

Old
10-16-2012, 08:33 AM
StumpNYI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Borderlands 2.
New DLC comes out today. One of the best games ive played in a while.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:19 AM
camaro27

Spending money on 2011 camaro SS.

camaro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:29 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro27 View Post
Spending money on 2011 camaro SS.
Sweet, great looking car !

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:43 AM
KyleBailey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
I keep telling myself I am going to try out that game. I know it sounds dumb but I don't like the art direction looking all cartoonish. That's what has put me off but everyone keeps saying how good it is.

In the meantime though... tons of games coming out or just recently out that I have been/will be playing.

NHL 13 (yea, I know)
FIFA 13 (addicted to career mode)

In the next few weeks... Medal of Honor Warfighter, COD Black Ops 2, Halo 4, Forza Horizon. Looks like I need to take a few weeks off work.
I was the same exact way. I didn't want to play the first one for that same reason, picked it up anyway.

I've been playing the second one right now and it is absolutely awesome. It's been sharing time with NHL13, but most of the time Borderlands 2 is in my disc tray.

My suggestion is picking up the first one online for cheap and trying it out, maybe you will be like me and get past the cartoon art display.

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 01:27 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 View Post
I was the same exact way. I didn't want to play the first one for that same reason, picked it up anyway.

I've been playing the second one right now and it is absolutely awesome. It's been sharing time with NHL13, but most of the time Borderlands 2 is in my disc tray.

My suggestion is picking up the first one online for cheap and trying it out, maybe you will be like me and get past the cartoon art display.
OR, just read the reviews about Borderlands 2, I have yet to read a review giving this game below a 9 out of 10 rating. One of the highest rated games this year. I need to pick it up.

Old
10-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
OR, just read the reviews about Borderlands 2, I have yet to read a review giving this game below a 9 out of 10 rating. One of the highest rated games this year. I need to pick it up.
Reviews don't always mean each individual person will like the game though. I can't tell you how many awesome reviews I had read about Gears of War. Picked it up, played for about an hour and sold it the next day. I hated it.

Or how many 2 star movies I have loved and 4 star movies I have hated. It's all personal preference. I will download the demo and give it a shot though. If I end up loving it I am in trouble though. An assload of games coming out within the next few weeks that I want.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I need to get white version. They're not nearly as cool as the originals though, some are really lame.
I hated the first Black and White, but the new one is awesome and has tons of old Pokemon to fall back on when you don't like the new ones. My whole team is practically old Pokemon.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 02:54 PM
scott99

Quote:
Reviews don't always mean each individual person will like the game though. I can't tell you how many awesome reviews I had read about Gears of War. Picked it up, played for about an hour and sold it the next day. I hated it.

Or how many 2 star movies I have loved and 4 star movies I have hated. It's all personal preference. I will download the demo and give it a shot though. If I end up loving it I am in trouble though. An assload of games coming out within the next few weeks that I want.
Dude, the first Gears of War was insanely great, What's wrong with you ? lol, just kidding, I know what you mean, there are plenty of games I was never into, even thiough the hype was through the roof. Final Fantasy VII comes to mind.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Dude, the first Gears of War was insanely great, What's wrong with you ? lol, just kidding, I know what you mean, there are plenty of games I was never into, even thiough the hype was through the roof. Final Fantasy VII comes to mind.
Well I meant G.O.W. 3. Sorry forgot to put the "3" in there. Just wasn't for me. Maybe that's because I played online with guys who have been playing since the first game and I was getting stomped. But I just didn't like the movement and I was never a fan of third person. Yet everyone I have ever talked to or every review I read raved about that game.

Ready for this one? Skyrim. Most talked about game of 2011. Of course I go buy it. I will admit I did have some level of fun with it but after about a week it got soooooooo boring. And it's not like I hate RPG's. I did like dragon age. Skyrim couldn't hold my attention though. I feel like I might be the only person on Earth that wasn't/isn't obsessed with that game.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
I didn't bing my Xbox to college but have no desire to play anyway or get new games (even NHL 13), I will admit I get a little antsy to play Black Ops every once in a while but that's it . I've barely have enough time to watch TV though so I just substitute the time I would be using to watch the Isles with studying.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:46 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
I hated the first Black and White, but the new one is awesome and has tons of old Pokemon to fall back on when you don't like the new ones. My whole team is practically old Pokemon.
You just turned on my inner nerd. Thank you

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Well I meant G.O.W. 3. Sorry forgot to put the "3" in there. Just wasn't for me. Maybe that's because I played online with guys who have been playing since the first game and I was getting stomped. But I just didn't like the movement and I was never a fan of third person. Yet everyone I have ever talked to or every review I read raved about that game.

Ready for this one? Skyrim. Most talked about game of 2011. Of course I go buy it. I will admit I did have some level of fun with it but after about a week it got soooooooo boring. And it's not like I hate RPG's. I did like dragon age. Skyrim couldn't hold my attention though. I feel like I might be the only person on Earth that wasn't/isn't obsessed with that game.
I think you and I have the same opinion when it comes to video games. GOW 1 was so fun. Then GOW 2 sucked. Never even thought about wasting money on the 3rd. Never owned skyrim but have played RPG's made by Bethesda like the older Elderscrolls and fallout and they just bore me after a while.

So if what I said is true, you will absolutely love Borderlands 2. I love competitive fps games, but BL2 is nowhere close to that. But I can't stop playing it. It is a super addicting and rewarding game. I fully recommend it to anyone who is a fan of RPG's and/or FPS games. Amazing combination of both genres.

EDIT: I play it on PC, and nvidia physx is a wonder to behold when **** gets crazy. Add's a graphical element to the game that you wont get on the consoles and completely changes the experience. But I am a stickler for graphics, that is why I play on PC.

Old
10-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Pnut

Super Mario Brothers 2 (USA)
Super Mario Brothers 2 (Japan)
both on the Wii virtual console.

plus Wii Fit, I have lost 20 lbs in 6 months (which is a small feat for sure)

Also working plus watching a lot of HBO on demand.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

I landed a big boy job teaching in the city. I haven't even had time to be pissed about the lockout.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:18 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

I haven't really had a hiccup in my routine. The NHL would almost be an annoyance robbing me of time with my family so I've enjoyed the break.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
You just turned on my inner nerd. Thank you
Don't mention it, I had the same reaction when I looked at the list of old Pokemon in the game

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Bones45

I have no interest in video games.. perhaps b/c I'm 42?

Anyone up for some space invaders on the Atari 2600?

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:05 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post

Anyone up for some space invaders on the Atari 2600?
or a quick game of pong maybe?

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:08 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
I was an absolute BEAST when it came to Kaboom! on Atari. I could play that game forever and rarely lose any of the 3 platforms until super late in the game. Ah, childhood memories.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 11:59 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
My uncle (former uncle? not sure how divorce affects naming rights) had one of the Pong home systems. Yes, the system... was pong in and of itself. I remember playing it. It's one of my earlier memories. I also remember playing Asteroids as an arcade came. (My parents were buying a house. The developer had it in his office with a button you could press to "add coins".) Seriously, I think I was hooked on video games by 3 years old and it only got worse from there. When you grow up with that, you kind of don't lose it even after you get laid or go outside.

/nerd off

I'd like to point out that instead of watching hockey, I'll be hoping to watch hockey. Considering that there's been some movement, I have that feeling that watching hockey will be taking up plenty of my free time.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:34 PM
macleod50

Been hitting the gym a lot more after work since I don't have a game to go to. I've also made a good dent in my backlog of books and movies.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:51 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
Thank god for Thursday night NFL action to help break up the week.
+1

Imagine no sports but preseason/regular season NBA to get me from monday to sunday. I refuse to watch any Basketball including WNBA, Duke practice games, NCAA, Summer Leagues, Slam Ball or any current or defunct league listed here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_basketball_leagues ).

P.S. im sure the Espn crew (Failed stand up comedians) is delighted that instead of 59 minutes of dunk highlights they can devote the full 60 on sportscenter.

Last edited by MattMartin: 10-22-2012 at 12:01 AM.
MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 09:21 AM
StumpNYI

Halo 4.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/01/halo-4-review

"Amazingly, Halo 4 is not only a success, but a bar-raising triumph for the entire first-person shooter genre"

Wow...

Old
11-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Strummergas

Well now that I've gone and broken my hand, I can't even play music anymore. Now I REALLY miss hockey

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 01:15 PM
CodeE

Started an all-European franchise on NHL 12 (the economy's tough and if nobody can agree to play hockey, I'm not going to agree to drop $60 on the new game) with a fantasy draft - no scum Americans or Canadiens allowed on my NHL or AHL team - I want a decade without any North American names on the cup. My lines right now look like:

Radulov - Malkin - Ovechkin
Paajarvi - Burmistrov - Landeskog
Rajala - Hanzal - Erat
Fedotenko - Kleptis - Repik

Hedman - Larsson
OEL - Kulikov
Erixon - Oduya

Rask
Karlsson

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote