HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What's jarome iginlas value?

Old
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
bikesbikesbikes

vCash: 500
Cup or no, Iginla should retire as a Flame.

Ask Toronto (Sundin) and Vancouver (Naslund), it's never a good thing if your franchise player retires while on another team. (Especially if they leave as a FA)

bikesbikesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:26 PM
TrillMike

Here's something I was thinking about after originally reading the thread: How would Iginla's game transfer to a full season in the Eastern Conference? Don't get me wrong, Iginla is a star player, but when I think about him I see him built for the defensive/physical grind of the West (that he's been through so many times before).

From a quick glance, he scored 19ish pt's (mental math) against Eastern teams last season. I consider him to be one of the best power forwards in the league over the past 10+ years. Do you think he would produce a lot more offensive numbers on an Eastern team?

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
This ship sailed 2 years ago.. Back then? I'd say a couple of 1sts or some blue chip prospect(s). Today? Late 1st, mid-level prospect. IMO, Iginla retires a Flame.
So he has equivalent value to the rental of Gaustad and less than Mike Fisher? Don't get me wrong, we aren't getting what we would have if we'd managed our assets better, but Iginla will command more than a late first and throw in prospect. Decent 3rd liners get that.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
Here's something I was thinking about after originally reading the thread: How would Iginla's game transfer to a full season in the Eastern Conference? Don't get me wrong, Iginla is a star player, but when I think about him I see him built for the defensive/physical grind of the West (that he's been through so many times before).

From a quick glance, he scored 19ish pt's (mental math) against Eastern teams last season. I consider him to be one of the best power forwards in the league over the past 10+ years. Do you think he would produce a lot more offensive numbers on an Eastern team?
Depends on the system. I think he would do very well in Tampa.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
Lets suppose the year is gone due to the lockout. At age 36 what would Iginla's value be . What would the flames be able to get in return ?
How about a 1st and one of those d prospects that Pitt has

nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
In the fake Canucks season thread on our board(basically following NHL 13 during the lockout), Calgary legit offered us Iginla for Raymond, Ballard, 3rd.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Flameshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nally View Post
How about a 1st and one of those d prospects that Pitt has
1st+ Morrow/Pouliot/Maata Would definitely make me think about it.

Or 1st+ Gormley from phoenix maybe?

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Flamester

thers no way iggy would ever go to t.o lol. id rather see him in a nucks jersey then the leafs just because i want to see the guy win lmao

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Flamester

1st and pouliot would do it.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:

I have always said Iginla would produce more in the East. It's certainly the case for most players. First line studs in the East become top 6 forwards in the West. See Richards, Carter and Jokinen for recent examples. Than look at what a legitimate star center did for a player like Neal in Pittsburgh. Iginla has played with third line centers his whole career. Offensively he is very underrated.

My issue with Iginla has been how piss poor his defensive game has been the past 2-3 seasons. He's been brutal in his own end. I do think he gets way undervalued offensively. Put him in the east with a Crosby/Giroux/Spezza type and I think he hits 50 goals again with relative ease.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:41 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I have always said Iginla would produce more in the East. It's certainly the case for most players. First line studs in the East become top 6 forwards in the West. See Richards, Carter and Jokinen for recent examples. Than look at what a legitimate star center did for a player like Neal in Pittsburgh. Iginla has played with third line centers his whole career. Offensively he is very underrated.

My issue with Iginla has been how piss poor his defensive game has been the past 2-3 seasons. He's been brutal in his own end. I do think he gets way undervalued offensively. Put him in the east with a Crosby/Giroux/Spezza type and I think he hits 50 goals again with relative ease.
Agree with everything you said. The Neal is a good example of moving to the East and Carter/Richards shows how the stly of play affects production.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:56 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes View Post
Ask Toronto (Sundin) and Vancouver (Naslund), it's never a good thing if your franchise player retires while on another team. (Especially if they leave as a FA)
I loved Naslund as a Canuck over most of his career here.

That being said, allowing him to walk was one of the best things this organization could have done; this was no longer his team (both metaphorically and in terms of a somewhat incompatible style of play compared with his skill set).

In fact if not for his no trade clause I would have been in favour of moving him for a huge return a year before the end of his deal or even the same year we moved Bertuzzi for Luongo, replaced Jovanovski with Willie Mitchell and Marc Crawford with Alain Vigneault.

Moving Naslund (and Brendan Morrison) for a decent return more appropriate for a defense-first team built around its goaltender might have been a further shot in the arm that the organization needed, heck if he made those trades without losing his shirt Dave Nonis might still have a job here.. instead he stuck with two members of the old guard (who did not live up to their cap hits) out of his four highest-paid forwards.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:06 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

As a fan of neither teams, I'd love to see Iginla go to Pittsburgh for his last few years. It would be sweet to see Crosby return the favour and set up Iggy for the Cup-winning OT goal.

Overall, I think it would be nice for him to retire a Flame, as I'm a fan of the one-team career, but if he really wants to win a Cup, I'd like to see him on Pittsburgh.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes View Post
Cup or no, Iginla should retire as a Flame.

Ray Bourque. Even if the odds are slim, I'd rather see Iggy move and have a chance.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
He'd be great with either Pitt or NYR.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Jarome Iginla

Jiri Tlusty
Zac Dalpe
2013 1st

We did this trade in our Hurricanes fantasy simulated season on NHL13 and it worked out allright so far. Curious to see what people would think about it in real life? Flames get a young winger with 20 goal and top line potential who can play centre, a good prospect and a first, which while probably being in the 20's, is still a first. Hurricanes get a dominant winger who should easily put up 30+ playing with the Staal's and gets his chance to go on a deep playoff run.

Thoughts?

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Flamester

Quote:

thats a good question. all i know is if he were put on a team with alot oof offensive power like pittsburgh or philly he will score 40-50 goals no problem even at his age

Old
10-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Ceremony
There is Only You

vCash: 12000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
As a fan of neither teams, I'd love to see Iginla go to Pittsburgh for his last few years. It would be sweet to see Crosby return the favour and set up Iggy for the Cup-winning OT goal.

Overall, I think it would be nice for him to retire a Flame, as I'm a fan of the one-team career, but if he really wants to win a Cup, I'd like to see him on Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh or Boston would be my guesses if he's traded East for one last shot at a Cup.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:34 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
thats a good question. all i know is if he were put on a team with alot oof offensive power like pittsburgh or philly he will score 40-50 goals no problem even at his age
I think there are few other teams that he would put up 40-50 goals. Tampa is very intriguing, so is Pitt. Maybe a team like Chicago or Vancouver too (if he stays in the West). I don't want to flame CGY fans, but I really think it is in the team's best interest to deal him. Contending teams would most likely offer a first and a pretty nice young player.

Old
10-16-2012, 04:34 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Pittsburgh or Boston would be my guesses if he's traded East for one last shot at a Cup.
As much as I hate the Bruins, I would be okay with seeing him there for a few years. His style of play would suit them and I guess he'd be one of the few players I'd be glad seeing win the Cup if they won again in the next few years.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsYoungGuns View Post
id love him on TO.
Lupul ? Kessel
JVR Grabo Iginla

would give Colborne + 2nd
Of course Toronto would give that.

At the end of the day they still wouldn't have Iginla though.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Spitsfan67*

I'd give Brady Vail, Travis Moen and a 2nd from the habs.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Flamester

yea as a flames fan i agree. its time to move on and start the rebuild but only if the flames show signs of the same problem the past 3 years. if they keep them this year then there wouldnt be point of trading him anymore because his value would go way down

Old
10-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Depending on the price, he'd fit right in here in Boston.

Unfortunately, we're in enough **** with the cap, so it's not much of a possibility.. And I'm sure Hamilton would be the main piece, which isn't happening.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 06:56 PM
UnrefinedCrude

vCash: 833
Quote:
The problem with that is that an offensive powerhouse won't need him enough to pay what Calgary would want. He's the kind of guy who's trade value would be at it's highest around the trade deadline, when teams are looking for specific pieces with less emphasis on the long term, because he could be the difference maker that puts them up a step.

His age makes it really hard to put a value on his worth, if we're looking at a full year off. Mid 30's and a year of no hockey, so no evaluation means a high risk of decline in play. That will scare off a lot of GM's on a big deal.

Iggy is one of those guys who is remarkably fit, and defies his age, but he's not getting younger.

Ideally he would get another legitimate stab at the Cup with the Flames (one team careers are so rare,) but I doubt to many Flames fans would begrudge him moving to try win it all. It would be a bit of a heartbreak if he moves and it doesn't work out.

UnrefinedCrude is offline   Reply With Quote