HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

World Of Warcraft: MoP edition

Old
10-16-2012, 01:09 PM
kingsholygrail
Smug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Seems few people have figured out the economy in my server... Ghost Iron Ore goes for about 120g a stack. One single Trillum bar sells for about 190g.

One stack of Ghost Iron Ore can be smelted into 10 bars, which can be transmuted into one Trillium bar (sometimes more since I have transmute spec).

It's like printing money, I make at least 90g every time, and often more when extras are procced.
Ghost iron sells on your realm?

Ours, people barely even mine it. lol

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 06:17 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Ghost iron sells on your realm?

Ours, people barely even mine it. lol
My server's economy is out of whack. Ghost Iron ore now sells for around 100g per stack.

It takes 12 stacks to forge a piece of blue PVP chest plate.

They only sell for 600g.

It takes 12 stacks for the helmet, it sells for 2000g.

It takes 2 stacks of ore for one stack of bars.

The bars are selling for 250g.

Nothing makes any sense.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Saved*

You guys should try challenge modes. Was some of the most fun I've had getting all of the gold challenge modes. If anyone wants to do some, send me your battletag or add saved#2337 and I'll be game whenever I'm not raiding.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Chobomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saved View Post
You guys should try challenge modes. Was some of the most fun I've had getting all of the gold challenge modes. If anyone wants to do some, send me your battletag or add saved#2337 and I'll be game whenever I'm not raiding.
Da-yum, Saved, you're like the top 10 hunter in the world for challenge modes. I think we may have a hard time catching up

Chobomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Saved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tappy View Post
Da-yum, Saved, you're like the top 10 hunter in the world for challenge modes. I think we may have a hard time catching up
It isn't about catching up, it's about the fun, and the challenge modes were some of the funnest times I've had in this game in well.. forever. Seriously. I have never had as much fun doing anything in this game (and that includes pre-nerf raiding) than challenge modes. If anyone wants to do them/try them, I'm more than game

There was this bug that allowed people to use any item level of gear they wanted in challenge modes so the leaderboards are quite a mess right now, but prior to that bug, I had the #1 ranking, but one or two of my gold challenge mode times were kind of slow comparatively, so I was expecting to get bumped down a few rankings at some point. I haven't done a single challenge mode since I did Gold Stormstout Brewery (which, in my opinion, was the hardest to get gold on.)

Some were very skill dependant and if you had the skill in the group, as well as good strategy, gold wasn't too bad. Shado-pan Monastery was pretty rough for most people but my group only spent a few hours doing it.

Scarlet Monastery, well, I hate admitting this but we spent over 20 hours to get our strategy for gold. It had a very nice mix of difficult trash packs, lots of mobs required to be killed, as well as a fairly tight time.

I can see why it will be extremely rare for people to get golds, but silver isn't too bad and a group of average/above average players should be able to get the mount (which isn't account wide, and very rare).

Old
10-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Chobomin

I admit I have not stepped foot into a challenge mode yet

I'd be down for a bit of action but you'll need to walk me through it, I don't know the strats at all. Spriest main, with lousy gear atm (468?)

I'll talk to you in game later, Saved.

Chobomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 03:54 PM
kingsholygrail
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saved View Post
It isn't about catching up, it's about the fun, and the challenge modes were some of the funnest times I've had in this game in well.. forever. Seriously. I have never had as much fun doing anything in this game (and that includes pre-nerf raiding) than challenge modes. If anyone wants to do them/try them, I'm more than game

There was this bug that allowed people to use any item level of gear they wanted in challenge modes so the leaderboards are quite a mess right now, but prior to that bug, I had the #1 ranking, but one or two of my gold challenge mode times were kind of slow comparatively, so I was expecting to get bumped down a few rankings at some point. I haven't done a single challenge mode since I did Gold Stormstout Brewery (which, in my opinion, was the hardest to get gold on.)

Some were very skill dependant and if you had the skill in the group, as well as good strategy, gold wasn't too bad. Shado-pan Monastery was pretty rough for most people but my group only spent a few hours doing it.

Scarlet Monastery, well, I hate admitting this but we spent over 20 hours to get our strategy for gold. It had a very nice mix of difficult trash packs, lots of mobs required to be killed, as well as a fairly tight time.

I can see why it will be extremely rare for people to get golds, but silver isn't too bad and a group of average/above average players should be able to get the mount (which isn't account wide, and very rare).
Challenge modes are basically the goal of our guild right now above raiding, but that's because we contracted quite a bit during Cata and haven't mustered the motivation to go on a recruiting/hostile takeover drive.

Old
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
CoopALoop

I've been thinking of starting fresh. (new server, new toon, no cash)

Anyone play in the western timezone, preferably on a pvp server that wouldn't mind taking in a re-roller?

Don't care which class and spec, except for the caster 3, been there done that.

CoopALoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Saved*

You only need average ilvl 463 gear as your gear gets downranked to ilvl 463. My Hunter has like.. 478 ilvl gear? But if I step foot into a dungeon, it gets normalized for ilvl 463.

Good luck to your guild. If you need any help, or strategy help on some, please, don't hesitate to add my battle tag and I'll do what I can. I raid tonight but on nights I'm not raiding, I have a lot of free time. I'm taking a step away from my sale runs and such, and my alt raid, so I have a lot of free time.

Old
10-18-2012, 02:15 AM
McDNicks17
Save us, Connor.

vCash: 50
Pretty happy with my guild's first night of 25 manning.

Downed Stone Guard on the third attempt and got Feng to 7% on our first attempt. The guild is made up of a bunch of fresh 90s, some in greens still, so our DPS just wasn't up to par and we kept bringing Draw Flame into Phase 3. We put in a bunch more attempts on Feng, but just couldn't push it.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Go Habs Go

So how do people like MoP so far? How would you compare it to past expansions?

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 01:59 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

love it. better then cata by far. Best exp since burning crusade.

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:34 PM
McDNicks17
Save us, Connor.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
love it. better then cata by far. Best exp since burning crusade.
Ditto.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 05:55 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Finally hit 90 last night. I'm 20-30 mounts away from 100 so I might work on that next.

McDonagh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 06:05 AM
kingsholygrail
Smug

Finally hit exalted with Tillers. I think this is the only faction I'm gonna get exalted on all my alts. lol Then have the combined might of all the farms to supplement my professions.

Old
10-29-2012, 11:22 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I started a Monk just for fun and because I needed another profession alt. Man they are fun, and kind of overpowered. That spinny kick thing is ridiculous.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:30 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

we cleared the first raid on normal 10 a few weeks ago and on the second boss of heart of fear. Tried the first boss on heroic mos vaults but our healers couldnt keep us up. We dont have the best healers. Not the worst but defintely hurting our progression

Old
12-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

I played lots of the MOP beta and bought the expansion and had fun playing the game, but WoW just isn't for me now

That and other MMO's have piqued my interest, and I have aspirations to play them with my friends once they come out, which means none of my friends were left on WoW and I have no interest in trying to join a guild or make a guild when I'll be moving on sooner or later as well.

WoW was fun while it lasted though and I do think MOP is a fantastic expansion.

Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:23 PM
G F O P

Planetside 2 & Battlefield 3 have really eroded my interest in WoW

Used to be a big fan but the interest isn't there anymore

In the past I'd eventually be drawn back but right now there is no incentive to return, even with classes ending on Tuesday

Not even motivated to try the 10 day trial

G F O P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Tips Fedorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post

In the past I'd eventually be drawn back but right now there is no incentive to return, even with classes ending on Tuesday

I tried the trial and couldn't really get into it, which is a shame since I have nothing else to play.

Tips Fedorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 08:52 AM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post

TBC killed my passion for WoW, after that blizzard gradually killed everything that was interesting in the game, culminating in this new expansion that is even worse than previous ones. I woulnd be even mad if they didnt get all their brilliant minds together to ruin the WC3 plot so spectacular way. Way to cheapen your greatest work.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Clode

How is MoP? i havent played since July and im considering coming back.

Clode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:59 PM
G F O P

Pre-expansion patch simplified the game so much that my Warlock rotation got thrown out of whack

Don't know how to play my warlock anymore...and he still has to level up to 85 to reach Pandaria (at 60 or something)

G F O P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clode View Post
How is MoP? i havent played since July and im considering coming back.
Very good. If you still have friends playing the game or you want to go through finding a guild again, it might be worth it.

If you were bored of WoW though, it's still very much WoW, just in a new setting.

I'd be playing it if another MMO hadn't caught my eye (and the game blows WoW out of the water to me) and my friends hadn't quit.

Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 04:01 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

if you love to raid this is the most content in wows history. They already have 3 full raids released already and its only been 6 months. And they are challenging. Have a few world bosses out. New dailys. If your wowd out dont bother but if u love mmos theres a ton to do