HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Locks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Pribyl has an assist in each of his last 3 games since injury.
Is it in the top league for Sparta?

Old
10-16-2012, 07:23 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

This guy...

Dalton Thrower @thrower47:
Its pretty wet outside tonight.. J BIEBS must be in town. #pantysoup #iwish

https://twitter.com/thrower47/status/258361418049519616

Old
10-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Is it in the top league for Sparta?
2 of those games were in the Czech top league, today's assist was in the European Trophy Tournament vs EV Vienna Capitals.

Old
10-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Its a good sign Pribyl is scoring points though against grown men. It will really benefit him going forward. He has a good frame and an interesting skill set.

Old
10-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Its a good sign Pribyl is scoring points though against grown men. It will really benefit him going forward. He has a good frame and an interesting skill set.
From what I saw at this year's Habs developpment camp, he stills needs to work on his skating.

Bur the hands and the potentiel are surely there.

Old
10-16-2012, 08:47 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
From what I saw at this year's Habs developpment camp, he stills needs to work on his skating.

When I watched him at the WJC he struck me as a very smart player, with good skill, but lots to work on.

Old
10-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Bozon scores. Blazers up 3-0.

Old
10-16-2012, 09:38 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Bozon scores. Blazers up 3-0.
Hope he saves some offense for the Oil Kings tomorrow night.

Old
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
katatoniak

Do Bozon scores his goals only with his shot or it's more of a combination of being at the good spot and opportunistic ?

Old
10-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Do Bozon scores his goals only with his shot or it's more of a combination of being at the good spot and opportunistic ?
He has good positioning

Old
10-16-2012, 09:45 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
It appears that he scores a lot of gimmes. I don't know how he manages to get so open as he is in the highlights that I've seen.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

He just scored another, 4-0.

15 points in 10 games now.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Saw part of the game and Bozon was real good. Extremely fluid and smooth skater. He looks much bigger on the ice than most realize. He is a stocky and pretty large player. He covers a lot of ice. Last powerplay for the Blazers he was on the left point and making it look easy. Very slick and aware. Underrated vision. I think he has legitimate top six potential.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
When I watched him at the WJC he struck me as a very smart player, with good skill, but lots to work on.
He still needs a lot of work, he won't make the NHL skating like he did last I saw him, but there's a lot of potential there. Very interesting to see him put up points as soon as he got back from injury.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:49 PM
NotProkofievian

Suffice it to say, were Bozon on Galchenyuk's wing I doubt we'd be hearing as much protest as we have this year.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Andy

Bozon has pretty high hockey IQ in the sense that he reads the play well. His ability to read the play and position himself accordingly is what makes him a good goal scorer. His goals look like gimmies only because he puts himself in the right spot every time. Really intriguing player we've got here.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He still needs a lot of work, he won't make the NHL skating like he did last I saw him, but there's a lot of potential there. Very interesting to see him put up points as soon as he got back from injury.
Yeah, he's definitely got an interesting tool set. Very good hands around the net, and great vision. Had a really cheeky assist in the game I watched vs the US.

Old
10-16-2012, 11:13 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Hope he saves some offense for the Oil Kings tomorrow night.
That line of Lipon, Bozon and Smith likely has a little left for Rexall tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing Bozon live.

Old
10-16-2012, 11:19 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan View Post
That line of Lipon, Bozon and Smith likely has a little left for Rexall tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing Bozon live.
Me too!

Old
10-17-2012, 01:07 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post

From what I remember, he had a bad lower body injury not very long ago, which may have hampered is skating in the short term.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
10-17-2012, 01:47 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Bozon has pretty high hockey IQ in the sense that he reads the play well. His ability to read the play and position himself accordingly is what makes him a good goal scorer. His goals look like gimmies only because he puts himself in the right spot every time. Really intriguing player we've got here.
So what are his weaknesses? Apparently he's not soft or a perimeter player either and his offensive skill set looks pretty high end. Or maybe his skill isn't as high end as I think it is?

Old
10-17-2012, 01:53 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
So what are his weaknesses? Apparently he's not soft or a perimeter player either and his offensive skill set looks pretty high end. Or maybe his skill isn't as high end as I think it is?
His weakness is that he's pretty much a jack of all trades and master of none.

Old
10-17-2012, 02:26 AM
ToNedOuT

Quote:
I haven't seen him play a lot, but the few times I have I thought he was soft. I don't think I've seen him throw a hit. He reminded me of Palushaj.

Old
10-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Strangely, the trait he had most of his problems with in the dev. camp was his shot. You'd look at the camp and just feel that he didn't have that great of a shot. Then you compared it to Collberg and Gally and felt he had a pretty weak one. You then see some games and feel it's not that bad after all.

Old
10-17-2012, 06:08 AM
That

Quote:
I posted this about a week ago on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Just finished watching Bozon for the third time since becoming Habs property. I've been very impressed with him. I think he may be the best pure goalscorer in our prospect pool.

Bozon looks very tall out on the ice, but lanky. The style of game that he plays means that he needs he too add strength if he wants to be effective at not only the NHL level, but even at the WHL level. You tell there's time he wants to hit to hurt, but it just doesn't happen. Specifically last night, he took a run at someone like right at the beginning of the game, but he just wasn't strong enough to knock him down. Another time Bozon went to hit someone but ended up going knee on knee with them. I do appreciate how he finishes all his checks and has a level of commitment to defence that you don't see in comparable players. Bozon does have a lot of work to do defensively. His passing well accurate, always seems a little to hard for the the recipient to handle. I'm not sure whether that has to do with his passes, or his teammates.

Now on to the good. As I mentioned I think he's the best pure goal scorer in our prospect pool and I have good reasoning for that. He's got a hard wrist shot and he's got great hands. He darts in and out of those scoring areas and is willing to go to the front of the net. Most of the chances he creates offensively come from him doing what he does best, shooting. Bozon always makes the goalie works when he shoots too. I love how he always has his head up. He's never looking at the puck, even when he his (mainly in puck battles), he knows when his teammates are. He's a deceptively fast skater and it only takes him a few steps before he's gone. Bozon is also an active participant in scrums and is always willing to dish out a facewash or two.
To answer Katatoniak's question. From what I've seen, he scores his goals in a variety of ways. Most of his goals come from shots in close, but he also scores from the high slot and banging away in the crease.

Closed Thread