HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Official Bears Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Honestly, why not just play an extra offensive lineman at TE?
Because even a blocking TE is still a TE and is at least a threat to catch a pass where as a lineman is a lineman and is no threat to catch anything.

Plus as others have said a TE is more mobile and can be used in sweeps and outside runs to block downfield.

Old
10-16-2012, 06:52 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Watched NFL 10 best cornerback tandems and 10 best defenses. Needless to say, the Bears didnt have any conerback duos that could even remotely be considered for any top 10, top 20... or probably even 30, 40, 50.

The 85 Bears defense however was for that one year placed as the second best defense all time. Pittsburghs Steel curtain got the nod at #1.

Old
10-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200

Tillman/Vasher was probably the best CB duo in NFL that season.. And the CB unit of Tillman/Vasher/Manning in 06 was good as well

Vasher injury derailing his career really hurt Bears D in late 00's

Old
10-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Then they went and wasted roster spot bringing back Zackary Bowman
Are you really complaining about a backend roster move? He was brought in for special teams, which surprisingly enough has been a rather mediocre aspect of the team thus far. Stop manufacturing reasons to complain for ****s sake.

Old
10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Then they went and wasted roster spot bringing back Zackary Bowman
Special teams

Old
10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Are you really complaining about a backend roster move? He was brought in for special teams, which surprisingly enough has been a rather mediocre aspect of the team thus far. Stop manufacturing reasons to complain for ****s sake.
He is 1 injury away from being in rotation at outside CB spot

Tillman/Jennings/Hayden better stay healthy

We have plenty of options on special teams

Old
10-16-2012, 07:28 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Tillman really that good? I havent really watched the Bears for the past several years but from what I remember of Tillman, and this was his first few years in the league, he was ok but someone who was just able to keep a spot b/c the Bears really had no one else.

IMO, the last real decent corner for the Bears was Leslie Frazier before he blew out his knees on Philadelphias carpet.

Jennings looks good though.

Old
10-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
He is 1 injury away from being in rotation at outside CB spot

Tillman/Jennings/Hayden better stay healthy

We have plenty of options on special teams
No, Hayden is the 3rd outside corner. It's possible a team could go 4 wide and he'd get on the field but teams don't do that often

Old
10-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Tillman really that good? I havent really watched the Bears for the past several years but from what I remember of Tillman, and this was his first few years in the league, he was ok but someone who was just able to keep a spot b/c the Bears really had no one else.

IMO, the last real decent corner for the Bears was Leslie Frazier before he blew out his knees on Philadelphias carpet.

He was a pro-bowler last year. One of I believe 2 players with 30 ints and 30 forced fumbles

Old
10-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:

Tillman was one of the best CB's last year and is having another great year so far

He is only Bear WR who can cover bigger WR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
No, Hayden is the 3rd outside corner. It's possible a team could go 4 wide and he'd get on the field but teams don't do that often
Yes I know that ,, If Tillman/Jenning/Him get hurt that moves Bowman into rotation on outside (Since Moore is too small)

I have no desire to see Bowman back on field playing CB for Bears

Old
10-16-2012, 07:55 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Quote:
Tillman was one of the best CB's last year and is having another great year so far

Yes I know that ,, If Tillman/Jenning/Him get hurt that moves Bowman into rotation on outside (Since Moore is too small)

I know. Hes 6'1. Thats why hes kept his spot b/c of his size. Not going to cover the other teams burners. He is #3 on the Bears all time int list though. Didnt know he was voted to the pro-bowl last year so thats good.

Old
10-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:

What are you babbling on about? He is the 5th corner on the roster; if we get to the point where he is starting we are screwed anyway. Were you planning on signing a pro bowl corner if that situation manifested itself?

Old
10-16-2012, 08:33 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
BWC still showing he has ZERO understanding of the fact that backups play special teams

Old
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
What are you babbling on about? He is the 5th corner on the roster; if we get to the point where he is starting we are screwed anyway. Were you planning on signing a pro bowl corner if that situation manifested itself?
No I want Bears to sign a guy who might be able to play CB if needed.. Bowman is god awful at it

If we suffer any injuries at CB and Bowman draw in even for a few plays that is major negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
BWC still showing he has ZERO understanding of the fact that backups play special teams
Then sign a kid off a practice squad who may have some sorta ability at CB that needs development. Have him earn his way on ST til he gets chance at corner

I dont believe in bringing back a guy so awful in coverage Bears made no attempt to keep him and the Vikes cut.. He was there worst CB in preseason

Old
10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
MagicSlap*

I, for one, am chocked BWC is showing a lack of understanding about depth signings.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Old
10-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Awesome.

Old
10-17-2012, 05:13 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Don't get why Williams did not play LG this year. He looked good there last year until his injury.

Not a big loss tough

Old
10-17-2012, 08:26 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Predictions for Monday night? I'm going to say 27-20 Bears.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:

Then sign a kid off a practice squad who may have some sorta ability at CB that needs development. Have him earn his way on ST til he gets chance at corner

I dont believe in bringing back a guy so awful in coverage Bears made no attempt to keep him and the Vikes cut.. He was there worst CB in preseason
You want to sign a person that doesn't exist off of the practice squad? Someone who has never played in the NFL over a player with 46 NFL starts? Insane.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:54 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
You want to sign a person that doesn't exist off of the practice squad? Someone who has never played in the NFL over a player with 46 NFL starts? Insane.
HAHAHA.

BWC does it again.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:22 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:

Tillman is SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED from when he first came into the League and from where he was when the team went to the Superbowl. He's always been good at punching the ball out but he used to get burned badly in coverage. If he was assigned to a top WR you knew that guy was going to have a big game. His coverage skills are significantly better to where now you can be confident he can slow down Pro Bowl Receivers. He comes up with lots of key interceptions and is probably the best defensive back in the league in terms of knocking the ball out. If you're playing the Bears you better cover the ball tight because guys like Tillman and Briggs are going to be punching at it.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
^
You can sign a guy off of any practice squad in NFL

A guy like CB Julian Posey (Mia) or Cory Nelms (SF) would have been more appealing then a guy who is terrible

We all saw Bowman ,, He sucks at CB (He cant cover anyone)

Yes I would rather have a kid then a guy who we have all seen play terrible

Old
10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
^
You can sign a guy off of any practice squad in NFL

A guy like CB Julian Posey (Mia) or Cory Nelms (SF) would have been more appealing then a guy who is terrible

We all saw Bowman ,, He sucks at CB (He cant cover anyone)

Yes I would rather have a kid then a guy who we have all seen play terrible
Here's the thing, you know Bowman can play. He's played in 46 NFL games. He's been an excellent special teams player. He's played under Toub and in Lovie's defense. You want to take 2 undrafted rookies and think they can help you more this year? Again, thats insane. It shows a fundamental ignorance about football and what the Bears are trying to do at the bottom of their roster.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Here's the thing, you know Bowman can play. He's played in 46 NFL games. He's been an excellent special teams player. He's played under Toub and in Lovie's defense. You want to take 2 undrafted rookies and think they can help you more this year? Again, thats insane. It shows a fundamental ignorance about football and what the Bears are trying to do at the bottom of their roster.
^
We know he cant play ,, He is a god awful CB

And he isn't an excellent ST player ,, He is ok but he isn't Brandon Ayanbadajo or Corey Graham

Closed Thread