HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

leafs-preds

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2012, 09:15 PM
  #1
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
leafs-preds

To Nashville: MacArthur, Connolly, 3rd round pick

To Toronto: 1st round pick, Brandon Lepisic

Why for Nashville- depth on offence

Why for toronto- creates cap and roster space.

Fire away!

Morlesio14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:25 PM
  #2
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 137
Horrible for Nashville. Take out the 3rd and switch the 1st with a 2nd. Than its kinda close.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:26 PM
  #3
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
To Nashville: MacArthur, Connolly, 3rd round pick

To Toronto: 1st round pick, Brandon Lepisic

Why for Nashville- depth on offence

Why for toronto- creates cap and roster space.

Fire away!
This won't end well.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:26 PM
  #4
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
To Nashville: MacArthur, Connolly, 3rd round pick

To Toronto: 1st round pick, Brandon Lepisic

Why for Nashville- depth on offence

Why for toronto- creates cap and roster space.

Fire away!
Leafs garbage won't get you a 1st rd pick let alone add in Brandon Lepisic.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:26 PM
  #5
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
To Nashville: MacArthur, Connolly, 3rd round pick

To Toronto: 1st round pick, Brandon Lepisic

Why for Nashville- depth on offence

Why for toronto- creates cap and roster space.

Fire away!
Take out Connolly and maybe

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM
  #6
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Leafs garbage won't get you a 1st rd pick let alone add in Brandon Lepisic.
Ya I agree Lepisic was a bit much.

Morlesio14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:28 PM
  #7
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
To Nashville: MacArthur, Connolly, 3rd round pick

To Toronto: 1st round pick, Brandon Lepisic

Why for Nashville- depth on offence

Why for toronto- creates cap and roster space.

Fire away!
So Toronto loses a 20-goal winger, their best playmaking centre, and gains nothing in the context of NHL players....

I get that this is hfboards... but does nobody else realize that the Leafs actually have to start winning hockey games at some point?

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:38 PM
  #8
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,526
vCash: 3319
Nashville gives up a 1st and Lepisic for MacArthur, a cap dump, and a 3rd? That's not going to be popular.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
  #9
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
The 1st is the best asset in the deal, it's essentially quality for quantity again.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
  #10
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Leafs garbage won't get you a 1st rd pick let alone add in Brandon Lepisic.
Paul Gaustad says Hi.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:43 PM
  #11
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,806
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Paul Gaustad says Hi.
Speaking of which, I guess that puts a damper on asking for Nashville's 1st.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:45 PM
  #12
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Speaking of which, I guess that puts a damper on asking for Nashville's 1st.
Nashville gave up their 1st round pick in 2012 for Paul Gaustad. So they would still have their 1st round pick in 2013 available in a trade.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:49 PM
  #13
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,806
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Nashville gave up their 1st round pick in 2012 for Paul Gaustad. So they would still have their 1st round pick in 2013 available in a trade.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it was 2013. Or maybe not. Now I can't remember...

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:51 PM
  #14
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,089
vCash: 500
It was 2012. Girgensons.

Anyway, the framework isn't terrible, but the Preds can't afford to take on Connoly. Mac+4th for Leipsic+2nd or something could work.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:57 PM
  #15
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,788
vCash: 500
Regardless of value, Burke would never do this kind of deal. He needs to win now and isn't looking to deal his productive veteran players for a late first and a prospect that might make the NHL in four years, likely never.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:59 PM
  #16
Dr Danglefest
Vindication
 
Dr Danglefest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beantown
Country: United States
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
So Toronto loses a 20-goal winger, their best playmaking centre, and gains nothing in the context of NHL players....

I get that this is hfboards... but does nobody else realize that the Leafs actually have to start winning hockey games at some point?
Well I mean technically they don't have to...

But yeah I don't see this being realistic I'd imagine CMac would bring in a 2nd, Connolly pretty much nothing, and the preds moving either for anything on TOR (that would be available of course)

Dr Danglefest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:04 PM
  #17
Mowerman
Registered User
 
Mowerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
20 goal 60 point wingers are garbage now. OK.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
  #18
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it was 2013. Or maybe not. Now I can't remember...
I'm 100% sure.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=619418
Quote:
The Predators paid a big price, sending a first-round pick in the 2012 draft to Buffalo for centre Paul Gaustad and a fourth-round pick in the 2013 draft. Earlier Monday, Nashville picked up forward Andrei Kostitsyn from Montreal earlier Monday in exchange for a second-round and conditional fifth-round pick in the 2013 draft.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
  #19
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
20 goal 60 point wingers are garbage now. OK.
No there not but neither Connolly or Macarthy are 60 pt wingers.
Connolly never hit 20 G and only hit 60 + pts once in his 11 seasons and
Macarthy has hit 60+ pts once in his 7 season.
Hitting 60 pts once in your 7 seasons doesn't make you a 60 pt winger .
Macarthy has a career average of 45 pt per season.
A 45 pt man isn't close to being worth a 1st rd pick.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:37 PM
  #20
Mowerman
Registered User
 
Mowerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Who would that be.
Connolly never hit 20 G nad only hit 60 + pts in his 11 seasons and
Macarthy has hit 60+ pts once in his 7 season.
Hitting 60 pts once in your 7 seasons doesn't make you a 60 pt winger .
Macarthy has a career average of 45 pt per season.
A 45 pt man isn't close to being worth a 1st rd pick.
(1) I never said MacArthur was worth a first round pick, I merely commented on the analysis of his worth as an asset to be "garbage".

(2) If you think all of MacArthur's seasons are equally relevant in the determination of his current worth as an asset, you're blatantly bad at this. There are clearly observable circumstances which dictated his ability to put up points. Circumstances changed considerably in Toronto, and as a result his productivity increased. If you had a single rational bone in your body you would be able to properly analyze and comprehend MacArthur's seasons prior to joining Toronto (assuming you followed those teams, or hell even briefly looked at the circumstances).

(3) Last season he put up 20 goals (as well as the season before), which hardly makes him worthless or garbage. His point totals were influenced by the lack of productivity of his linemates. He's a 60 point player when given quality assets, and a 20 goal player at least when given little in the lines of a full, consistent, quality second line but second line minutes. That's enough to be an asset of significant value to Toronto, and a second line player. He isn't garbage, he's a fairly established asset to a certain degree at this point. One can question exactly what his upside is pointswise, but there's certainly a consistent rough mark that can be agreed upon reasonably looking through his career circumstances and recent productivity since joining Toronto.

(4) Didn't even mention Connolly. By the way, you failed to actually put a number on how many seasons Connolly put up 60+ points.


Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 10-16-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: not neccessary
Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
  #21
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
No there not but neither Connolly or Macarthy are 60 pt wingers.
Connolly never hit 20 G and only hit 60 + pts once in his 11 seasons and
Macarthy has hit 60+ pts once in his 7 season.
Hitting 60 pts once in your 7 seasons doesn't make you a 60 pt winger .
Macarthy has a career average of 45 pt per season.
A 45 pt man isn't close to being worth a 1st rd pick.
Although Nashville thought a 30 point centreman was worth a 1st round pick.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:08 PM
  #22
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
This won't end well.
like it when other fans do bad deals like this so when we (oiler fans) are called the kings of bad deals or blind homers, we get to remind people of these kinds of trades

taking a part the deal

To Nashville: MacArthur, Connolly, 3rd round pick--Both Macarther and Connolly are UFA after this year. So Nashville is giving up a first and one of their top prospects for a third rounder

To Toronto: 1st round pick, Brandon Lepisic

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:12 PM
  #23
Kaen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
(1) I never said MacArthur was worth a first round pick, I merely commented on the analysis of his worth as an asset to be "garbage".

(2) If you think all of MacArthur's seasons are equally relevant in the determination of his current worth as an asset, you're blatantly bad at this. There are clearly observable circumstances which dictated his ability to put up points. Circumstances changed considerably in Toronto, and as a result his productivity increased. If you had a single rational bone in your body you would be able to properly analyze and comprehend MacArthur's seasons prior to joining Toronto (assuming you followed those teams, or hell even briefly looked at the circumstances).

(3) Last season he put up 20 goals (as well as the season before), which hardly makes him worthless or garbage. His point totals were influenced by the lack of productivity of his linemates. He's a 60 point player when given quality assets, and a 20 goal player at least when given little in the lines of a full, consistent, quality second line but second line minutes. That's enough to be an asset of significant value to Toronto, and a second line player. He isn't garbage, he's a fairly established asset to a certain degree at this point. One can question exactly what his upside is pointswise, but there's certainly a consistent rough mark that can be agreed upon reasonably looking through his career circumstances and recent productivity since joining Toronto.

(4) Didn't even mention Connolly. By the way, you failed to actually put a number on how many seasons Connolly put up 60+ points.
Until he proves otherwise, considering him to be much more than a 40-50 point player is optimistic at best. Decent second liner? Sure. I'm also fairly certain no one called him garbage, they were referring to Connolly. I wouldn't call Connolly garbage, but with his contract I don't see anyone offering anything for him until the deadline when maybe the Leafs get a second if he plays well or a team is desperate. Also he did mention Connolly has hit 60 pts once in his career, three years ago.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:23 PM
  #24
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
like it when other fans do bad deals like this so when we (oiler fans) are called the kings of bad deals or blind homers, we get to remind people of these kinds of trades

taking a part the deal

To Nashville: MacArthur, Connolly, 3rd round pick--Both Macarther and Connolly are UFA after this year. So Nashville is giving up a first and one of their top prospects for a third rounder

To Toronto: 1st round pick, Brandon Lepisic
Terrible logic. It's not that bad, but not good with financials taken into consideration. Take out Connolly+3rd, it's not that bad but not a deal they accept. It's at least not Hemsky for a top 30 prospect. And if your messed up logic is that Nashville gives a 1st+ for a 3rd, did they give away their 1st last year for free? I'm sorry but that is some stupid-*** logic.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:33 PM
  #25
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Does this mean that Hemsky is worth 2 firsts? (sarcasm)

Seriously, Nashville isn't going to cough up their first rounder in this deal unless they're getting someone proven.

Connoly has an injury history and he's overpaid by NHL standards.
MacArthur had a good season, but his overall game is inconsistent. Not something that I think works under Nashville's system. They depend on consistent 2-way play.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.