HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yankees use of Rodriguez

Old
10-16-2012, 07:20 PM
no name

vCash: 500
Yankees use of Rodriguez

I'm niether a Yankee or a Rodriguez fan but I think the Yankees are grossly abusing Alex. It's so obvious that Girardi and the Yanks are using Alex as a goat to take the attention away from terrible managing and worse team offense.

Suprisingly Alex has the 4th best average amongst the Yankees starters. He has the third most HHB's behind Russ martin amd Ichiro. Alex has repeatedly been benched in favor of a guy who is 0 for everything and striking out 60% of the time (Chavez).

Up until now Girardi doesn't care that Granderson, Cano, Swisher have been worse with the bat and Swisher lost the last game for the Yankees with a misjudgement of a line drive /pop fly that went for the winning run. He jogged in position to make the catch but missed the ball by a foot. If I didn't know any better I swear this guy is paid off.

Alex has not lost it. He batted 271 with 20 HR's while missing a ton of time. He is seeing the most pitches per at bat than any Yankee and drawing walks. Rodriguez needs at bats to snap out of this. It's not a matter of if, it's when. Balls just are not dropping in and he's smokling balls directly to guys. Sure, he's K'ing a bunch but nobody on the Yankees isn't. I think Girardi is trying to get public sympathy and trying to get Alex and his contract off the team, while diverting all of the negative attention from his terrible line ups and in game moves.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:22 PM
kingpest19

He probably shouldn't have been asking for chicks numbers after being pinched hit for.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Rodriguez needs at bats to snap out of this. It's not a matter of if, it's when.
Spring training, 2013.

10-16-2012, 10:53 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
He probably shouldn't have been asking for chicks numbers after being pinched hit for.
Do you really believe this?

Old
10-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Alex has looked really bad in this playoffs and The Yankees are expected to win every year. This is one of the drawbacks of playing for the premier franchise in baseball. The Yankees did the same thing to David Justice.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:09 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Alex has looked really bad in this playoffs and The Yankees are expected to win every year. This is one of the drawbacks of playing for the premier franchise in baseball. The Yankees did the same thing to David Justice.
Everyone has looked bad in the playoffs. EVERYONE.

David Justice was a broken player coming off a terrible season. He also had a drunken driving situation during the playoffs.

Old
10-16-2012, 11:09 PM
bobafettish*

hes been terrible every PO he's been in, 2009 being the exception and even then he wasn't that great.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:11 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
hes been terrible every PO he's been in, 2009 being the exception and even then he wasn't that great.
That's buying into the hyperbole. He absolutely has not been terrible. Coming into this year he was a 290 playoffs hitter. Also, in 2009 he was the teams best player by a longshot.

Old
10-16-2012, 11:15 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
That's buying into the hyperbole. He absolutely has not been terrible. Coming into this year he was a 290 playoffs hitter. Also, in 2009 he was the teams best player by a longshot.
what was his his avg with RISP because i remember a lot POs where he would line out or strike out in key moments. he gets paid 30 million to drive in runs not hit meaningless singles.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Butch 19
King me

anything bad that happens to the yankees is, in fact, good news.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Quattro

not an A-Rod fan but I agree it's ridiculous how much of the focus is on him. 3/4 of that lineup isn't hitting.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:08 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Do you really believe this?
Where there's smoke there's fire.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:11 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
He's had years where he was absolute *******. He's on pace for another playoff where he's going to hit .133 or lower. This would be the 4th one and second in a row.That's pretty bad for a guys getting $25m+ a year. He's had one great year in the playoffs and that's it.

Old
10-17-2012, 03:13 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Mark Teixeira was the Yankees' best player in 2009.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:04 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I am not a Rodrigeuz fan, though I think he's an amazing athlete and player. That said, I do agree it's odd how they are using him.

I actually appluaded the benching at first, but just for one game. What's it been now? four games? Five? I haven't been watching a lot of the playoffs, so maybe my numbers are off, but he's been scrtached far to many times when you consider that he isn't the only one slumping out there. Against Verlander, the Yankees had two hits in eight innings. Why wasn't he coming in as a pinch hitter? And I also agree regarding Chavez. I like Chavez from his days way back as an A, but he's 0-14 with six SO's and has an error. Rodriguez isn't much better but at least he has a few hits and walks on his ledger.

If A-Rod isn't back in for Game 4, I'd be questioning Girardi. I mean, it's Game 4, backs to the wall, you go with the guys who got you there and A-Rod has definately done more than Chavez in that regard, not to mention he has much more skill.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I am not a Rodrigeuz fan, though I think he's an amazing athlete and player. That said, I do agree it's odd how they are using him.

I actually appluaded the benching at first, but just for one game. What's it been now? four games? Five? I haven't been watching a lot of the playoffs, so maybe my numbers are off, but he's been scrtached far to many times when you consider that he isn't the only one slumping out there. Against Verlander, the Yankees had two hits in eight innings. Why wasn't he coming in as a pinch hitter? And I also agree regarding Chavez. I like Chavez from his days way back as an A, but he's 0-14 with six SO's and has an error. Rodriguez isn't much better but at least he has a few hits and walks on his ledger.

If A-Rod isn't back in for Game 4, I'd be questioning Girardi. I mean, it's Game 4, backs to the wall, you go with the guys who got you there and A-Rod has definately done more than Chavez in that regard, not to mention he has much more skill.
Good news about Chavez is he didn't K yesterday

He actually had an amazing 2 weeks when Alex went down. He hit like 400 with 4 HR's.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:03 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
what was his his avg with RISP because i remember a lot POs where he would line out or strike out in key moments. he gets paid 30 million to drive in runs not hit meaningless singles.
I don't know where to track that stuff. I only regurgitate what I read and hear. I did see someone on a scout.com message board say that his RISP in that past is actually good but he's had some late inning busts outside of 09 that make people get down on him.

Last night Girardi takes his pitcher out of the game due to a sore back. Hughes said he could have stayed in but Girardi said " I didn't want to take any chances". What chances? Chances of winning? Or did Girardi see that being down 2 to 0 in the 6th against Verlander as insurmountable and wanted to use injuries as an excuse?

Putting on my tin foil hat.

Hate the Yankees.

Old
10-17-2012, 05:08 PM
jml87

While I do think it's weird Girardi didn't use A-Rod to pinch hit especially when he would've been better suited than anyone else in the 9th inning, I do also believe the story about A-Rod flirting with girls during a game. He is a grade A dick who thinks he's God's gift to baseball and maybe his teammates and the coaching staff have finally gotten tired of it.

But Girardi isn't exactly coaching that well either, the Hughes thing struck me as odd too. I guess your afforded the luxury to be stupid when your team averages a championship every 5 years? Seriously, if the Yankees want to implode on themselves, they can go right ahead. Go Tigers.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 05:20 PM
yankeeking

I love how all the Yankee haters think he is handling poor Arod so badly, the guy doesn't produce when needed and thwere is nothing worse then him striking out with men on, having that stupid look on his face and then blowing a bubble and smugly walking back to the dugout, killing multiple rallies over the years, the only thing that has kept him from the crapstorm was the others were carrying him before. This isn't the angels where medicore is accepted and changes will be made, hopefully someone wuill be stupid enough to take arods contract, but without a cap floor that is only a dream.

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 05:56 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
I love how all the Yankee haters think he is handling poor Arod so badly, the guy doesn't produce when needed and thwere is nothing worse then him striking out with men on, having that stupid look on his face and then blowing a bubble and smugly walking back to the dugout, killing multiple rallies over the years, the only thing that has kept him from the crapstorm was the others were carrying him before. This isn't the angels where medicore is accepted and changes will be made, hopefully someone wuill be stupid enough to take arods contract, but without a cap floor that is only a dream.
How is Arod's replacement working out for you? I'll tell you. He has an OBP of 0 and striking out 44% of his plate appearances. Oh, and an error that led to a run by the way.

Old
10-17-2012, 06:05 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
While I do think it's weird Girardi didn't use A-Rod to pinch hit especially when he would've been better suited than anyone else in the 9th inning, I do also believe the story about A-Rod flirting with girls during a game. He is a grade A dick who thinks he's God's gift to baseball and maybe his teammates and the coaching staff have finally gotten tired of it.

But Girardi isn't exactly coaching that well either, the Hughes thing struck me as odd too. I guess your afforded the luxury to be stupid when your team averages a championship every 5 years? Seriously, if the Yankees want to implode on themselves, they can go right ahead. Go Tigers.
I won't say it didn't happen but this all seems like an orchestrated attempt to get out from under Alex's contract. I never trust when I head "an unnamed exec" say that Alex tried to get a girls number. The story is he sent a ball to the girls asking for the number. The ball was sent via an usher. So they have to take the word of an usher (assuming it happened) as to the nature of the business then funnel down countless people until the story gets to an exacutive? Nevermind the NY media getting behind and doing hteir work to the story.

New York has been dumping salary for years. Ever since daddy passed NY has been a shell of themselves in the way they handle business. They seem to be trying to get public support against Arod and they are manipulating the media in doing so. I mean, have you ever heard of an "unnamed exec" leaking a story like this without reason? That is assuming there is an executive saying this and not just another NEW York media schtick.

Funny thing is Joe Thurston actually pulled this about 8 years ago with my wife. He sent her a ball and then had an usher request a few minutes of her time with Joe. This was when he was playing for the LV 51's AAA team. Dude thought he was a baller.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I have no sympathy for a known cheater and liar.

Vick, Armstrong, Bonds, Tressel, Clemons, ARod, Paterno

Screw them all.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:41 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I have no sympathy for a known cheater and liar.

Vick, Armstrong, Bonds, Tressel, Clemons, ARod, Paterno

Screw them all.
Everyone uses gear. Everyone. Trust me on that. If you are a professional athlete you simply have to use in order to recover and roll out at your best. Not just the big guys, but the smaller ones are the absolute worst because their ligs take and muscles take longer to recover since they are not as strong.

Trust me on this.

Old
10-18-2012, 05:10 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
How is Arod's replacement working out for you? I'll tell you. He has an OBP of 0 and striking out 44% of his plate appearances. Oh, and an error that led to a run by the way.
Sorry computer problems and not able to respond until now but I do not think you get it, Arod should not have ever been a yankee, hell texas paid something like 70 million to get rid of him and thats turned out pretty good for them don't you think. Arod is the perfect example of the pampered star player with all the talent in the world but I am sure if you check his chest is empty, no heart plain and simple. Pointing out that chavez is 0-10 whatever, made errors whatever, hes not smugly collecting his pay while killing rallies in the three hole year after year. Hopefully the yanks do with arod what they did with burnett last year, take what they can and dump this guy..............The 'BOSS' hadn't been in charge of the team, and was quite ill for a long time so blaming the sons for this mess isn't really fair, the team has just got old,but remember all the haters were yelling about the end of the empire when they missed the playoffs a couple of years back, the only time in 17 years, but they were right back the next year and some how I think they will find away back after this, and before you start ranting about buying their way back tell me how that has worked out for the , angels, red sox,etc, there has always been a difference between getting the better players and paying them that way and giving someone like crawford or wells ridicouslous(sp) money..........for the record when my son called me upset about the yanks being down 3-0, I had to remind him that as sad as that is this year it doesn't sting as bad as other times for the simple reason that we are still on the high from June 11th and probably will be a while

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 05:43 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Isn't the guy taking his place 0-14 or something?

Way to go, Yankees management. You're paying a guy $27,000,000 to sit on the bench in the playoffs.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote