HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III

View Poll Results: Would you accept the Edmonton Oilers acquiring Luongo from the Vancouver Canucks?
Yes 103 35.64%
No 186 64.36%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2012, 06:17 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
What happens when you have some good D is guys like Tanev get overrated when they are playing by the bottom because the team overall is doing well. It seems like any guy they bring up to play is all world according to my friends.

The whole thing started with Jason Botchford. Mr "Gaborik has purchased a house here and I am sticking to that story" lol.
While I agree every fan base over rates some of their players, with the oilers, we have had so many high picks and players that were given high marks by people outside of the organization, that we have more then personal opinions and comments from the oiler management.

What amused me about argueing with some canuck fans, when you point out that they have a good team and on good teams you have some players who look better then they are because of how good the team is. Canucks have one of the better top 4 d's and their top two lines can cause trouble and the play the tough minutes and those guys not on the top 2 lines or top 4 d--are not playing the tough minutes.

How often have we seen a player go from a good team to a team that is not as good and stink the place up? more often then the other way around. A guy like Tanev ( who has only played 54 regular season games and got a whopping 3 pts) has been very sheltered playing behind Edler, Bieska, Salo and hamuis. While Salo is now gone the canucks got Garrison to fill that spot and if there is a season this year, he will be on the third line with Ballard playing protected minutes. The four guys they have in front of them are all minute eaters playing over 20 minutes per game. Hamuis, Edler, Beiska and Harrison will all being playing 23 to 25 minutes per game and so that will leave only 10 to 13 minutes for the third line d who will be playing what I call sheltered time.

Last edited by jumptheshark: 10-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old
10-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Joe Hallenback

Chris Tanev? Going to cost us at least Klefbom,PRV and a 2nd

Old
10-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
The funny thing is that Eberle loves Edmonton. With his personality I definitely see him as being a Sakic/Yzerman type leader in a few years. Last guy on the Oilers Id be willing to trade.
loves Edmonton but lives in Calgary during the off season. I think for many players it's just a case of growing up loving the Oilers, more than the city itself, lol. As for myself, he'd probably #1 or 2 or the list of players I'd be willing to trade first if a big potential deal came along, as much as it pains me to say.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:56 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
loves Edmonton but lives in Calgary during the off season. I think for many players it's just a case of growing up loving the Oilers, more than the city itself, lol. As for myself, he'd probably #1 or 2 or the list of players I'd be willing to trade first if a big potential deal came along, as much as it pains me to say.
I thought his twitter or someone said he moved to Calgary because his GF lives there or something. It's personal preference really so as long as he plays for Edmonton, I could care less about the lip service...it's just an incentive

Old
10-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Oh yes it does

I assume that you're joking, but we've had a few quality Canucks posters posting here this offseason and they've dispelled that myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
One moron does not a fanbase make. We have a few members here in HF Oil that post some doozies too.
There is no doubt about that!

Quote:
I thought his twitter or someone said he moved to Calgary because his GF lives there or something. It's personal preference really so as long as he plays for Edmonton, I could care less about the lip service...it's just an incentive
Exactly as long as he plays here he can live wherever the hell he wants in the offseason.

10-09-2012, 08:49 PM
jebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
While his family was originally from Regina, they all moved to Calgary when he was younger. Which is why he lived with his grandparents when he played for the Pats. Its really no different than Hall spending his summers in Kingston & Nuge in Burnaby...

Old
10-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Paralyzer008

Does Botchford know something we don't know by mentioning Luongo and Edmonton in the same breath? I'm not buying it.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:44 AM
OilGuns

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Does Botchford know something we don't know by mentioning Luongo and Edmonton in the same breath? I'm not buying it.
As much as I want a #1 goalie, I don't want Luongo with his ridiculous contract, and I'm sure we would have to give up something more to get him since they're our division rivals.

Old
10-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Soundwave

I would do MPS + Plante or something for Luongo but that's about it.

Old
10-17-2012, 02:10 AM
dnicks17

I might do Horcoff for Luongo+.

Old
10-17-2012, 02:54 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I might do Horcoff for Luongo+.
Horcoff for the sisters and luongo and tanev.

Tanev might be the deal breaker though

Old
10-17-2012, 08:53 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Given what we just gave Dubnyk I highly doubt we go after a 1a right now.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:51 AM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Horcoff for the sisters and luongo and tanev.

Tanev might be the deal breaker though
Considering the proposed CBA makes all years beyond 5 part of cap hit, no chance tambo takes it.

Then again, like you said, Tanev would the piece that could make it all go though

Old
10-17-2012, 11:21 AM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Considering the proposed CBA makes all years beyond 5 part of cap hit, no chance tambo takes it.

Then again, like you said, Tanev would the piece that could make it all go though
However if Luongo was to retire, cap hit returns to Canucks(team he signed contract with) for remaining years of contract so Luongo probably more attractiveness some teams now.

Luongo at age 33 is not a fit for the Oilers though.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:43 PM
SDig14

Botchford is a moron, he just spews random things on twitter all day and then gets upset when people point out all of his logic makes no sense.

It's funny, because he actually probably thinks the Oilers are going after Luongo, so perhaps he has no idea what is going on in Edmonton at all.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:54 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGuns View Post
Where is this, can I get a link ? I want to see this lol, sorry I looked in there thread and couldn't seem to find it.
if you want to have fun with a current thread==trade board and the Luongo thread--deeply amusing

Old
10-18-2012, 02:56 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

oh TO media is saying Luongo to the leafs is a done deal and just waiting for he CBA to be signed--watching those two boards negotiate is fun

Old
10-18-2012, 05:42 AM
oilphan

It's funny waiting for 7uongo to be traded. I will either cheer for him to succeed (Chicago, Florida) or hope for a big fail (Toronto). I can convince myself either will happen.

Old
10-18-2012, 05:47 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
just waiting for the cba with unknown consequences to be signed and the trade will immediately be done....

classic 7u0n80

Old
10-18-2012, 12:38 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

[QUOTE=jumptheshark;55079199]oh TO media is saying Luongo to the leafs is a done deal and just waiting for he CBA to be signed--watching those two boards negotiate is fun[/QUOTE

Gillis has denied that is the case. Probably Burke trying to manipulate the media again.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:41 PM
BowDangles

They have no idea what is going to happen in the new CBA, this deal would be contingent on so many things... What if they put something in the CBA stating that the Canucks take half the cap hit for signing him to that deal to begin with?

Deal breaker for Nucks obviously. I hope they punish teams who manipulated the cap. (Vancouver, Minnesota, NJ, etc...)

Old
10-18-2012, 01:42 PM
mossy joe
keep it riel

vCash: 50
canucks fans suggesting schneider for one of RNH/Hall/Yakupov. i live in vancouver and have many canucks fans friends. i know that it is unfair to generalize, but i see a lot of just mind blowing homerism towards the canucks.

beyond that, taking the teams out of it, it's just illogical to think that this trade is anywhere near realistic.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:50 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Far too many Nuck fans just assume they move Lou they'll get a great return and life is going to be grand.

What the hell happens when the return is what the other 29 fan bases having been suggesting and then Schneider turns out to be one of those guys that only plays well when there was no job to lose?

Old
10-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Far too many Nuck fans just assume they move Lou they'll get a great return and life is going to be grand.

What the hell happens when the return is what the other 29 fan bases having been suggesting and then Schneider turns out to be one of those guys that only plays well when there was no job to lose?
I guarantee that if a trade with TO goes down Lou will return Kadri, Cobourne if Gillis is good...some lesser prospect and probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. Maybe if the Nucks are desperate for more d-men they might take Komisarek as a way for the teams to swap salary but that's honestly all I see moving for Lou.

Old
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I guarantee that if a trade with TO goes down Lou will return Kadri, Cobourne if Gillis is good...some lesser prospect and probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. Maybe if the Nucks are desperate for more d-men they might take Komisarek as a way for the teams to swap salary but that's honestly all I see moving for Lou.
Probably, but Luo isn't going there, he doesn't have the emotional fortitude for that market.

Closed Thread