HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Diaz signs 2 year deal with Montreal

Old
07-14-2012, 12:12 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
The only conclusion I get from reading this thread is: kaberle must get the **** out of here...

In terms of who I'd hate to lose, LJV tops faggy mcfarty...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:30 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No harm for sure....that is if we don't acquire a top 4 before the start of the season which we should be thinking of doing. Then, we might have no problem carrying 8 D....but will he? I mean, let say no injuries...that means he's never playing. While he probably thought his career was about to go all up since last year, it would be exactly the other way around which I then see him asking to be accomodated. ESPECIALLY since the guy sees who is in Hamilton. Now, we will evidently make him understand that it won't be easy....but we did accomodate Ben Maxwell and a couple of others. We might be able to do so with Weber for another struggling prospects or a pick. There has to be some jobs open in this league. Strangely, more than in Montreal. And this organization loves to accomodate people.
I had wanted a top 4 big, physical defensive D-man, as well, then MB signed Cubes. Got to thinking, Markov, Gorges, and PK are in our top 4 so only one spot open for the next couple of years. Im guessing Emelin, in the long run, will not be satisfied being a bottom pairing guy and so if he cant do that in Montreal in the next 2 years Id think hed either go to another team or back to the KHL. From MBs view, who wouldnt want Emelin earning top 4 minutes so hes out there longer to destroy more people ? Just thinking maybe MB is giving Emelin a year to show he can take over the top 4 role that I suppose Cubes will have or share with somebody this season. So maybe thats why MB didnt sign a top 4 UFA because such a player, as we saw , would want a multi-year contract, and for multi-millions.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

It's a good signing. That said, i really hope he gets to play, so his trade value doesn't dip like Weber's has. Right now you have Markov, Subban, Gorges, Emelin, Bouillon and Kaberle as your top 6. Then you have Diaz and Weber and St. Denis. That' going into camp, anyhow. Diaz will have to play much better than both Kaberle and Bouillon to get into the lineup, though i assume there will be an injury or two.

In the long run, Diaz is a nice insurance policy if it takes longer for guys like Beaulieu and Ellis to crack the squad. Though i don't see him in the long term goals of the team, He's a good guy to have around in the transition phase of the team.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Roulin

Diaz missing the next game with a minor injury - http://www.planetehockey.com/news-ev...gne,35162.html - but when he gets back, he'll have Zetterberg joining him, Omark and Brunner on what must be a deadly PP. So far Diaz has 13 points in 10 games.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:09 PM
blueberry

I think a lot of guys underestimate Diaz, kinda like with Strait. Give him a bit longer and he"ll be a valuble guy.

blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:09 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
I think a lot of guys underestimate Diaz, kinda like with Strait. Give him a bit longer and he"ll be a valuble guy.
Agree, a bit less offense than Streit but I think he is going to be better defensively..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

He's killing it this season in Switzerland too.

One of the big reasons Streit got so good with us was that he was given a chance, I'm not sure Diaz is going to be getting the same opportunity this season in Montreal.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Totally agree. He is small, but great positionally. Smart, smart player with slick hands.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Andy

Diaz was the most underrated D-man last year. People overlooked his play by creating a controversy between him and Emelin at one point in the year where people claimed that he was stealing Emelin's time. Diaz was the better d-man and slowed down only when he got injured. He made great strides for a player who never played consistently on NA ice.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:16 AM
holyhabs87

This signing obviously means the end of Subban in Montreal.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:08 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Diaz was the most underrated D-man last year. People overlooked his play by creating a controversy between him and Emelin at one point in the year where people claimed that he was stealing Emelin's time. Diaz was the better d-man and slowed down only when he got injured. He made great strides for a player who never played consistently on NA ice.
Kaberle is better be in the best shape of his life cause he will have a hard time cracking that blueline..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:15 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
This signing obviously means the end of Subban in Montreal.
noooooo

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote