HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|12-8-0-1|Matt Frattin Appreciation Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
What is the timeline for Frattin to return, haven't heard anything?
Dont need to take it seriously but from a personal source theyre looking at end of November as a firm date for his return. Started skating lightly but no equipment or heavy on ice workouts yet.

Old
10-16-2012, 02:54 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LupulMania View Post
this is a terrible idea.

the point of sacrificing top 6 roster spots to old guys with no NHL potential, instead of saving the ice time for someone with future value to the NHL team, is because they are able to mentor the kids by playing with them. If they play on their own line and don't share the ice with the kids then they might as well not be on the team.

Mixing the vets and the kids is the only way to maximize the intangible value of keeping the old guys around.
I disagree completely.

The kids with legit NHL potential should be playing together and gaining chemistry.

Having a vet AHL line to take the pressure off of the kids, and allow the team to have a solid foundation for AHL success without needing the kids to be instant AHL studs, is also a nice benefit.

Old
10-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
oh i meant like, different thread per game

like for leaf games

Old
10-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
oh i meant like, different thread per game

like for leaf games
We don't have that viewership unfortunately or we would have made a go for it. Hence we decide to go for one big thread for the GDT.

10-17-2012, 06:57 AM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Dont need to take it seriously but from a personal source theyre looking at end of November as a firm date for his return. Started skating lightly but no equipment or heavy on ice workouts yet.
That would put him slightly behind then won't it?

Old
10-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
That would put him slightly behind then won't it?
I'd imagine.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Stringer Bell

Josh Nicholls is off to a great start in his overage season with Saskatoon. I thought he looked good in his rookie tournament over a year ago. I trust our scouts, AND he wasn't when he went back into the draft so he's most likely nothing.

Still, I think I'd rather have him in the organization than someone like Brenner. Though Brenner was signed way before so what am I even saying.

Wonder how the 2010 draft will look for us. We decided against signing Olden, Brodin, and Nicholls.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer Bell View Post
Josh Nicholls is off to a great start in his overage season with Saskatoon. I thought he looked good in his rookie tournament over a year ago. I trust our scouts, AND he wasn't when he went back into the draft so he's most likely nothing.

Still, I think I'd rather have him in the organization than someone like Brenner. Though Brenner was signed way before so what am I even saying.

Wonder how the 2010 draft will look for us. We decided against signing Olden, Brodin, and Nicholls.
Well I know we have expressed interest in re-signing Olden or drafting him again. It might be possible to we can do something with nicholls as well. Don't know about Brodin thugh.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Any news what the lines will be like on friday? I know it's a little early but it's a slow week since no games are going on.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 555
Un-hockey related, but Marlies related.

I rode the elevator at the Eatons Centre with Eakins, his wife and 2 kids yesterday.

Kids were hilarious (laughing, smiling, younger one just stared at me with a big smile, pointing at the birds hanging from the ceiling), wife was gorgeous and Dallas had a hard nosed look to him. His wife and kids were all smiley and friendly. He just had a stern look on his face.

He did however let me pay for my ticket ahead of him at the pay station for parking. Nice guy, but very stern looking in person.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post

I rode the elevator at the Eatons Centre with Eakins, his wife and 2 kids yesterday.

Kids were hilarious (laughing, smiling, younger one just stared at me with a big smile, pointing at the birds hanging from the ceiling), wife was gorgeous and Dallas had a hard nosed look to him. His wife and kids were all smiley and friendly. He just had a stern look on his face.

He did however let me pay for my ticket ahead of him at the pay station for parking. Nice guy, but very stern looking in person.

His wife is also an actress.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0442635/

Old
10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Leafs at Knight
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Well I know we have expressed interest in re-signing Olden or drafting him again. It might be possible to we can do something with nicholls as well. Don't know about Brodin thugh.
They would really have to prove it IMO. Seems like a waste of a pick , if we already wasted a pick on them, and let them walk. Unless one or both of them really prove themselves and show they are worth it then sure draft them.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Leafs at Knight
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post

After the last game the Marlies played, I would be pissed too.

Old
10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer Bell View Post

Olden was probably the most baffling. We drafted him higher than ranked and was supposed to be a long term project, anyway. Surprised we didnt sign him to an entry level deal.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:36 PM
zeke
#freewilly

According to today's practice, the new lines are this (and zeke-approved!):

Komarov - Colborne - Kadri
Zigomanis - Aucoin - Hamilton
Ashton - McKegg - Deschamps
D'Amigo - Acton - Scott

Like seeing the 3 old guys put on their own line.

LOVE seeing mckegg at centre.

Still annoyed that deschamps is on a scoring line while d'amigo is relegated to the grind line, but not too upset about it.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:53 PM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
According to today's practice, the new lines are this (and zeke-approved!):

Komarov - Colborne - Kadri
Zigomanis - Aucoin - Hamilton
Ashton - McKegg - Deschamps
D'Amigo - Acton - Scott

Like seeing the 3 old guys put on their own line.

LOVE seeing mckegg at centre.

Still annoyed that deschamps is on a scoring line while d'amigo is relegated to the grind line, but not too upset about it.
Eakins said that the "three amigos" (damigo,acton,scott) like playing together and asked to play together

Old
10-17-2012, 10:29 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

Still no Ross eh? Can he go back to junior for an overage season?

Old
10-18-2012, 03:06 AM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

Sam Carrick was assigned to the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL, Dallas' ECHL affiliate: http://www.echl.com/steelheads-add-f...roster-p179742

Played in Idaho's 7-6 win last night and was -3 (welcome to the pros, kid!)

No word on Brenner or Crescenzi, so I guess the Leafs will just be looking to fit players where they can for now.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:38 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
Still no Ross eh? Can he go back to junior for an overage season?
Yes, but there are no plans for that yet. I don't see why he should go back either (IMO). It'll depend on how the ECHL affiliate is worked out I guess. I do imagine he may work his way into the roster (AHL) at some point. He'll need to bring his pesky style with some strong two-way way game to get into Dallas's good graces I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWorkShop View Post
Sam Carrick was assigned to the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL, Dallas' ECHL affiliate: http://www.echl.com/steelheads-add-f...roster-p179742

Played in Idaho's 7-6 win last night and was -3 (welcome to the pros, kid!)

No word on Brenner or Crescenzi, so I guess the Leafs will just be looking to fit players where they can for now.
They said they are still trying to find them homes, but the lockout has had a domino effect and lots of teams are at max roster limit/have a lot of forward depth already.

If they get something concrete with Fort Wayne we may see them there. Still early in the season, so not a huge concern.

Carrick joined the team the day prior to their first game, so he'll take some adjustment time I imagine. Hopefully he can produce down there. I think ECHL is a good starting point for him, and hopefully works his way back into the Marlies lineup although it'll be tough. I like him as a player, although he projects as a depth forward.

10-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Stringer Bell

Kelsey Wilson - 71 games played last year.

Will Acton - 69 games last year.

Jesse Blacker - 58 games.

Korbinian Holzer - 67 games.

Zigomanis - 68 games.

Mueller - 72 games.

ETC.

This is the beginning of the season and minus Frattin we have a fully healthy roster. Injuries are inevitable though. Ross, Ryan, Abbott will find a way on to the roster at some point whether they earn their games or not. Players like Carrick may even have to be called up at some point as well.

Aside from now, we will pretty much never have a completely healthy roster so don't worry. Players will get their games.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Well with 44 seconds left I guess I can post the review on the Marlies game:

Quote:
Best player in the game by far is Gardiner, just shows he knows his NHL experience. Kadri has been the best forward for the Marlies. Most effective player for a guy who isn't on the radar IMO is Blacker. Been on the Powerplay and PK. Eakins is confident in him which is a great thing for him and he has shown some good offensive flare from times.

Reason the score is 3-1 is mainly due to Mayer who has shut us down majority of the time and by two fumbles by our defense. First one was by Gysber, and then by Kotska at central ice. Third one was on the powerplay for the bulldogs. Scrivens hasn't been challeged much but he hasn't been as great, infact it seems like Mayer is Scrivens and Scrivens is Mayer tonight.

Powerplay has been our achilles heel once again tonight. Seems like we will have to work on it once again tomorrow at practice.

The best Bulldog is Tinordi aside from the godly goalie Mayer. Beaulieu has been offensive active from time to time but he hasn't been that other times. Corbin has played well.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

We've gotta to find out ways to play against hot goalies, Mayer was the one reason we were out of the net. We gotta find out ways to go around player such as him on a good night or more regularly Leggio. Good effort by the boys, I am curious to see what the line up will be tomorrow. Komarov seems to have gelled with the two but I am not sure what Eakins will do tomorrow.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:33 PM
JMcLeaf
Culture change

vCash: 3536
Quote:
We've gotta to find out ways to play against hot goalies, Mayer was the one reason we were out of the net. We gotta find out ways to go around player such as him on a good night or more regularly Leggio. Good effort by the boys, I am curious to see what the line up will be tomorrow. Komarov seems to have gelled with the two but I am not sure what Eakins will do tomorrow.
I didnt catch tonights game, but against Lake Erie we didn't get in the goalies face enough. We need to make the game more difficult for them and make sure they can't see as many shots as they are seeing. Hopefully when Frattin returns he will not only bring his sniping ability but also use his strength to crash the net. We should get Ross in the lineup and get him in front of the net on the powerplay.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:47 PM
TheNorthFace
The Magician

Hope to see Ross tomorrow.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Prospect revision from tonight's game:
Quote:
AHL Action: Marlies versus Bulldogs.

Prospect Marlies:
Gardiner once again in my opinion was the best player on the ice. He ended getting the only goal for the marlies against Mayer who seemed like a god in net.
Kadri was by far our best forward again tonight, but did make some errors in the offensive zone but it might be due to the frustration that our entire team was facing on not scoring a goal.
Blacker seems to have gotten more responsibility under Eakins this time around. He's been on the powerplay and penalty kill, and has shown good chances for the Marlies. I hope his buffer time is over after last year with all the injuries and he starts to rack up some points with the added responsibility.
Mckegg was silent and wasn't that active as I wanted him but then again the entire Marlies team was shut down by Mayer.
D'amigo tried to spark the team but failed he was pretty good at times but even then he wasn't a game changed tonight.
Deschamps after a torrid start with marlies after the trade, seems lost.

Bulldogs:
Jared Tinordi was a beauty tonight. Aside from Mayer he really stood out to me, he was solid and made some good plays to stop the offensive. If the bulldogs didn't have mayer to save his ass, everyone would have relied on him. He also seems to use his body well and I am curious on how he paces himself to use it more in the AHL.
Nathan Beaulieu was good from time to time, I was mostly praising Tinordi but he picked it up as the game progressed. I really like how he joins in the rush but he sometimes doesn't do it at the right times IMO. He's a guy to watch for sure and I'll see how he does as the season progresses.
One guy I haven't heard much about that stood out tonight was Corbin, he seems like a chipping in offensively from the offensive zone. I can't say much about him as I don't know him.
Forward wise there weren't any that really stood out for me, sure Leblanc got those two goals but still he didn't seem that impress me as much. Bournival on the other seemed like a good soldier and was making some good moves.

That's all I got from tonights game. I'll try to do a short recap on prospect tomorrow as well.

Closed Thread