HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Game 2] Bingo @ Crackchester | Octobeer 16th, 2012 | 7:05pm w/ stream

Old
10-16-2012, 09:06 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I like Pageau. Hasn't done much offensively but he makes very smart decisions on the top line.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

I was frustrated w/ the 7 penalties we took, but then again, really impressed w/ killing all of them..

Good to see Weircioch back, seemed really smooth and looked pretty confident which was lacking in his game, same w/ DaCosta..AP looked terrible yet again, I see Luke benching him once Prince is back to maybe wake him up..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Interesting

Quote:
Nicole Sorce‏@nicole_sorce

Fun fact: Binghamton is the youngest team in @TheAHL #BSens #Sens

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
No bragging about age.

That is Leaf/Oiler territory.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
Interesting
23.01 yrs old on ave beats 4 other teams (including Rochester) @ 23.02

Old
10-16-2012, 09:24 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
No bragging about age.

That is Leaf/Oiler territory.
You only get to brag about age if your team is clearly top-tier:
- "We're this good, AND we're one of the youngest teams in the league! Looking good for the future!"

Conversely, you are only allowed to complain about age if your team is balls-awful:
- "It hasn't been a good year, but it's a team full of rookies, there was bound to be some rough games this year. Hopefully they'll improve as they get more experience."

Those are the rules.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:20 PM
playasRus

Wonder what the youngest team EVER was.

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:54 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Ayyyyyyyyyyyy we wonnn! I couldn't come back cause I realized I had an Astronomy assignment due at 11:59 so i had to do that, lmao. 92%!

Great game, boys. Thanks for the stream, Main; and for the laughs, a bunch of you.

Say no to racism, kids. Loool.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Ayyyyyyyyyyyy we wonnn! I couldn't come back cause I realized I had an Astronomy assignment due at 11:59 so i had to do that, lmao. 92%!

Great game, boys. Thanks for the stream, Main; and for the laughs, a bunch of you.

5 in a row including pre-season..even if the NHL settles we got some serious depth here in Bingo over other teams..#physic..

Old
10-16-2012, 11:40 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I was watching this at work between patients.

A few thoughts, if I may:

Jared Cowen. Hot damn.

Zibanejad was dangerous all night. Got a bunch of shots off that looked dangerous like on Saturday. He's shooting from everywhere and handcuffing goalies with that laser from way out. I really like that and want to see more plus some finish. Leggio stoned him a few times and he even showed off some playmaking on the rush with a fake slap pass.

Wiercioch looks to have put on significant mass, which is big (haha pun) for his development if it doesn't slow him. He looked to have his quick feet tonight. That goal from the point was great and he made that PP look for more competent than on Saturday vs WBS (along with SDC).

DD's goal was a pure snipe. I knew he had a heavy shot but underestimated that release. I doubt he's a future sniper but if he's a big bodied grinder with finish, that's a plus. You can't have too many of those guys.

Also thought Da Costa looked REALLY quick. Explosive first step and he was dancing through the neutral zone much like Hoffman has been. He's not afraid to shoot which is nice for a guy who's known as a distributer.

After having a rough debut, Stone looked real good. He had one shift in the first where he just kept on winning the puck back (beating guys to loose pucks with his skating fwiw) and distributing it to his linemates for a few quality chances. He should take Petersson's spot in the top 6 imo.

Gryba played MUCH better.

Overall, the team is just a LOT of fun to watch. If you're just lurking here to get updates, I highly recommend you set some time aside to watch this team. There's so much skill and so much depth. I suspect that we'll be seeing a majority of these players on the Binghamton roster in the NHL over the next 4 or so years.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:51 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post

A beat you in Defense Against the Dark Arts though. My essay on Werewolves > yours

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:01 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
I watched part of the game before I had to go and Bingo looks to have a lot of talent and depth. If the NHL should start a season Nov 2nd, there will be some depth moving to the bigs.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 07:10 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mianjo View Post
Hoffman was born 1989-11-24, i think that means he will be 24 this year.

That means he's still 22 and turning 23 this year.

Math people.

*my bad, it's already been addressed on the following page.

Last edited by jbeck5: 10-17-2012 at 07:18 AM.
jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 07:26 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
A beat you in Defense Against the Dark Arts though. My essay on Werewolves > yours
Pftttt, come at me, bro.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:30 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
That means he's still 22 and turning 23 this year.

Math people.

*my bad, it's already been addressed on the following page.
Yeah that was my bad. I already had all this calculated but maybe I confused Hoff with someone else. Maybe I was thinking of Gryba? He's 24...I'd say he's on the bubble to make or break.

As for Cannone yeah he's 26 but he's an insta-lock for top six, 2nd line centre to replace Fisher.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:40 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Well it looks like it'll be Lehner's last year in the A.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Two games is way too early to judge, but its been a positive start. Lets see what happens when Cowen, Zib, Silf etc... are all back in the NHL.

Ghost in the Shell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Hopefully, that would give us a potentially nice trading chip in either Anderson or Bishop, depending on which way we decide to go.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
HappyDude
Classless

Huge game by Jared Cone

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I was watching this at work between patients.

A few thoughts, if I may:

Jared Cowen. Hot damn.

Zibanejad was dangerous all night. Got a bunch of shots off that looked dangerous like on Saturday. He's shooting from everywhere and handcuffing goalies with that laser from way out. I really like that and want to see more plus some finish. Leggio stoned him a few times and he even showed off some playmaking on the rush with a fake slap pass.

Wiercioch looks to have put on significant mass, which is big (haha pun) for his development if it doesn't slow him. He looked to have his quick feet tonight. That goal from the point was great and he made that PP look for more competent than on Saturday vs WBS (along with SDC).

DD's goal was a pure snipe. I knew he had a heavy shot but underestimated that release. I doubt he's a future sniper but if he's a big bodied grinder with finish, that's a plus. You can't have too many of those guys.

Also thought Da Costa looked REALLY quick. Explosive first step and he was dancing through the neutral zone much like Hoffman has been. He's not afraid to shoot which is nice for a guy who's known as a distributer.

After having a rough debut, Stone looked real good. He had one shift in the first where he just kept on winning the puck back (beating guys to loose pucks with his skating fwiw) and distributing it to his linemates for a few quality chances. He should take Petersson's spot in the top 6 imo.

Gryba played MUCH better.

Overall, the team is just a LOT of fun to watch. If you're just lurking here to get updates, I highly recommend you set some time aside to watch this team. There's so much skill and so much depth. I suspect that we'll be seeing a majority of these players on the Binghamton roster in the NHL over the next 4 or so years.
Richardson could also consider putting a different center between DD and Stone. Grant seems more like a 3rd or 4th liner; he has ok puck skills but not a lot of finish and his passing and playmaking ability doesn't really stand out either. IMO Richardson should consider putting Da Costa or Hoffman (not sure if Hoffman can play center) on a line with Stone and DD.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:07 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Richardson could also consider putting a different center between DD and Stone. Grant seems more like a 3rd or 4th liner; he has ok puck skills but not a lot of finish and his passing and playmaking ability doesn't really stand out either. IMO Richardson should consider putting Da Costa or Hoffman (not sure if Hoffman can play center) on a line with Stone and DD.
true. what about pageau? from what i remember hoffman - pageau - stone line was real good in the prospect camp.

God Says No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
true. what about pageau? from what i remember hoffman - pageau - stone line was real good in the prospect camp.
He seems to be doing a pretty good job centering the first line. But Richardson could use the line you suggested and then put Da Costa in Pageau's current spot.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:59 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
He seems to be doing a pretty good job centering the first line. But Richardson could use the line you suggested and then put Da Costa in Pageau's current spot.
which makes cannone centering dd and stone. which is ok as well. frankly right now it looks like bingo has a flexible roster where any line can be interchanged. just a matter of gelling.

God Says No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
HappyDude
Classless

Are there ever going to be highlights? I have looked everywhere.

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
Are there ever going to be highlights? I have looked everywhere.
No. Never.

Saabman0508 is offline   Reply With Quote