HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

NJD 2013 Draft Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2012, 12:11 PM
  #1
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
NJD 2013 Draft Thread


Figured I'd make a thread for all the Devils-centric ideas about the upcoming draft at the Prudential Center. The Devils, based on their luck (in the case of the lottery) and talent on the roster (in the case of a season) should be picking in the range of the 20-22nd overall pick in the draft. Who do you think they should/will target?

I'll add that my personal preference would be a center with some offensive potential, like Ryan Kujawinski or Valeri Nichuskin

DKQ is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:27 PM
  #2
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,454
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Elias Lindholm (Make it happen Lou )

Elias + Swedish + 2 Way Fwd = Devil

Devils Trap is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:38 PM
  #3
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Bo Horvat. Heard only good things about him from my friend. Should be available when we get to the podium.

We can always pick Reway or Daňo in the 2nd round anyway.

Oh yeah, and I`d love to go and maybe will, who knows.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:40 PM
  #4
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Elias Lindholm (Make it happen Lou )

Elias + Swedish + 2 Way Fwd = Devil
Then get Anthony Brodeur in the 3rd or 4th round.

Nick0930 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:40 PM
  #5
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Bo Horvat. Heard only good things about him from my friend. Should be available when we get to the podium.

We can always pick Reway or Daňo in the 2nd.

Oh yeah, and I`d love to go and maybe will, who knows.
Horvat is a stud, plays for my hometown team. Not sure about his offensive potential, but he is an extremely hard working guy and great defensively

Im guessing our 4th or 5th round pick will be spent on Brodeur's son, who also happens to be a goalie

DKQ is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:45 PM
  #6
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Horvat is a stud, plays for my hometown team. Not sure about his offensive potential, but he is an extremely hard working guy and great defensively

Im guessing our 4th or 5th round pick will be spent on Brodeur's son, who also happens to be a goalie
See, I didn`t even know he plays for your hometown team. haha

From what I`ve heard, he might have a limited upside, but just like you said, he`s a prototypical Devils prospect (usually selected in the late 1st) and would fit well in the system. As for Anthony, we all kind of hope we will have a chance to pick him, but honestly, we all just pray that the Rangers won`t.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:53 PM
  #7
Ilkka Pikachu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Then get Anthony Brodeur in the 3rd or 4th round.
And if the Rangers are *******s and pick him up before we do we'll trade Matteau for Anthony and a 2nd.


Ilkka Pikachu is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:53 PM
  #8
hockeyr5
Registered User
 
hockeyr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,435
vCash: 891
If there is no season we will win the lottery and get MacKinnon

hockeyr5 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:58 PM
  #9
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
And if the Rangers are *******s and pick him up before we do we'll trade Matteau for Anthony and a 2nd.

I wouldn`t make that trade. Neither would Lou. But Marty would do anything to make it happen. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyr5 View Post
If there is no season we will win the lottery and get MacKinnon
Not gonna happen so not gonna happen.

Anyhow, we don`t need two Kovalchuks.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 01:01 PM
  #10
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
And if the Rangers are *******s and pick him up before we do we'll trade Matteau for Anthony and a 2nd.

No way, the government doesn't negotiate with terrorists, and we don't trade with the Rangers. They can take Marty's kid for ransom if they like, Lou won't do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Not gonna happen so not gonna happen.

Anyhow, we don`t need two Kovalchuks.
I wouldn't turn down two Kovalchuks though.

Saugus is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 01:09 PM
  #11
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I wouldn't turn down two Kovalchuks though.
I agree. Would make our powerplay a little less predicatable

How do people feel about Fucale? A lot of mock drafts Im seeing have the Devils picking him

DKQ is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 01:12 PM
  #12
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I agree. Would make our powerplay a little less predicatable

How do people feel about Fucale? A lot of mock drafts Im seeing have the Devils picking him
I`ll tell you how: too soon to predict anything and unless one of us is a CHL scout, I doubt anyone seen him enough to judge anyway.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 02:08 PM
  #13
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 500
no way the NHL lets us win the lottery after we won in 2011, besides as much as i dont wanna say it im not too pumped for this year. its gonna be super tough to get the same offence out of Henrique and we'll need big years from Josefson and one of Tedenby/Butler to replace #9's production. with the Atlantic getting Nash its gonna be an uphill battle for us and our 40 year old goalie. still have hope tho!

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 05:00 PM
  #14
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker View Post
no way the NHL lets us win the lottery after we won in 2011, besides as much as i dont wanna say it im not too pumped for this year. its gonna be super tough to get the same offence out of Henrique and we'll need big years from Josefson and one of Tedenby/Butler to replace #9's production. with the Atlantic getting Nash its gonna be an uphill battle for us and our 40 year old goalie. still have hope tho!
I'm not worried. It's the Devils, they always overcome any losses.

Saugus is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:02 AM
  #15
Tretyak 20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 500
My dream is we play a season in 2012-2013, draft 30th overall and pick Sergei Tolchinsky. Then of course, he develops into a solid 2nd line sniper.

Tretyak 20 is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:30 AM
  #16
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker View Post
no way the NHL lets us win the lottery after we won in 2011, besides as much as i dont wanna say it im not too pumped for this year. its gonna be super tough to get the same offence out of Henrique and we'll need big years from Josefson and one of Tedenby/Butler to replace #9's production. with the Atlantic getting Nash its gonna be an uphill battle for us and our 40 year old goalie. still have hope tho!
If we re sign Sykora I'll be a little less worried. Trade a D man, use the space for one of Tedenby or Butler(Whoever looks the better of the two), and re sign Sykora. I expect Sykora to deteriorate by the playoffs again, but I think we can get at least 2/3rds the production we got out of him last year. I expect Elias to be as dominant playing with him again too. I still expect the same goal total from Elias regardless, but not quite as many points.

I expect Marty to start out slow as he does most years. I expect people to be calling for his retirement again, and saying Hedberg should be the starter just like last year. Part of me thinks he could surprise us, and get off to a better start than many of the last few years.

Clarkson I think is good for 20 goals. He was not healthy in the playoffs, and you could see that. Maybe not 30, but 20 goals for Clarkson is not insane. He got 17 in 08/09 getting a lot of 4th line minutes, and some PP time, and was on pace for 20 in 09/10 had he played a full season.

I'm more worried about the pathetic PK from the playoffs rearing it's ugly head. I'm not sure we can muster off a top ranked PK again, and I don't think we'll have as good of a PP if we use many of the same personnel on both units.


Last edited by Bleedred: 10-17-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Bleedred is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:56 AM
  #17
Parise9Crosby87
Registered User
 
Parise9Crosby87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boca raton florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,519
vCash: 500
i know both of these won't happen but i want drouin or mackinnon

Parise9Crosby87 is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 01:31 AM
  #18
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,897
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I wouldn`t make that trade. Neither would Lou. But Marty would do anything to make it happen. lol

Not gonna happen so not gonna happen.

Anyhow, we don`t need two Kovalchuks.
But he's Canadian DUHHHHH he's the hardest worker because of where he's born !

Scottyk9 is online now  
Old
10-17-2012, 01:59 AM
  #19
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
i know both of these won't happen but i want drouin or mackinnon
Honesty, I think Kovalchuk-Zajac-Drouin could be the perfectly assembled line. Drouin has unbelievable vision and creativity, and is able to improve the play of Mackinnon (aka 17-year-old Kovalchuk) already. And Zajac is there to be defensively responsible and be the secondary assist machine

DKQ is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 02:01 AM
  #20
DevilsAnimal*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I wouldn`t make that trade. Neither would Lou. But Marty would do anything to make it happen. lol

Not gonna happen so not gonna happen.

Anyhow, we don`t need two Kovalchuks.
Id rather have two Kovys than one :V

DevilsAnimal* is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 02:02 AM
  #21
DevilsAnimal*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
But he's Canadian DUHHHHH he's the hardest worker because of where he's born !
Obviously

DevilsAnimal* is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 09:14 AM
  #22
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I would give up a lot for a chance at Drouin. In any other system he could become a Patrick Kane/Danny Briere type player. In New Jersey's system the sky is the limit. He oozes hockey sense, great hands and offensive finishing ability. He doesn't play soft either.

Can't see us picking top 8 however.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 09:23 AM
  #23
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 500
the big thing we lost when stupid #9 stupid left, is depth. having him allowed us to be able to run 4 lines because he fit literally anywhere in the lineup. now without having him around, that puts extra pressure on Kovy (already plays way too much) Elias and some of our young wingers who need to play well. this season could easily be a success, but i think we're putting too much pressure on the young guns who can't handle the offence if our top guys get shut down. its gonna be a tough year to be successful if Marty looks like a 40 year old goalie.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 09:26 AM
  #24
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker View Post
the big thing we lost when stupid #9 stupid left, is depth. having him allowed us to be able to run 4 lines because he fit literally anywhere in the lineup. now without having him around, that puts extra pressure on Kovy (already plays way too much) Elias and some of our young wingers who need to play well. this season could easily be a success, but i think we're putting too much pressure on the young guns who can't handle the offence if our top guys get shut down. its gonna be a tough year to be successful if Marty looks like a 40 year old goalie.
Not sure what this has to do with the draft.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 10:01 AM
  #25
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Not sure what this has to do with the draft.
...thus i think we'll have a top 10 pick, and a chance at Drouin

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.