HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Be A Pro Thread

Old
10-04-2012, 05:42 PM
SaNcAlandariel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
That's why there's no Hasek type.
Because he did exactly the opposite of that. He'd fake out shooters. Brodeur does it occasionally too (like will give the shooter high glove and then just take it away).
Good Point.
I cant seem to get the video to work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq27HtG7cC8

Last edited by SaNcAlandariel: 10-04-2012 at 05:56 PM.
SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Passchendaele

Anybody having trouble with the Player Growth attributes?

Mine dropped. Literally. I had 79 overall and it dropped back to 73. Is that a glitch or what?

My player isn't old btw, he's barely 20/21.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post

Mine dropped. Literally. I had 79 overall and it dropped back to 73. Is that a glitch or what?

It's suppose to signify your player entering a new era in his career.

Actually got drafted to a decent team for once! Went first overall to Columbus. They were 40-35-7 last year, not bad for a team that picks first. No 50 overalls on the team! Only problem is no Murray and no Mason. We'd be a dynasty in the making if we had them. Why Murray isn't there I do not know, they are both on Detroit. Defence is solid, all 75+(3 over 85). Goalies are **** though, Corbeil is our number one at 65. Have Oscar Dansk though, not sure if he gets good or not.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
So I'm into my second season with the Sarnia Sting as a LW sniper. Does the game keep one of the good players on the team the 2nd year on purpose? Galchenyuk is still with the team when I thought he'd have joined Buffalo as Yakupov joined Edmonton.

Speaking of Yakupov, I literally hit him with 25% of my shots and I've injured him 3 times. Does anyone else have this happen?

Last edited by AndyPipkin: 10-05-2012 at 06:08 PM.
AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 01:47 PM
bigwoz62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
I literally hit him with 25% of my shots and I've injured him 3 times. Does anyone else have this happen?
Oh yeah!!
Love it!

You have to make sure that the shooting lane is CLEAR of your own players or they take it in the chest at least 25% of the time!

bigwoz62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 02:00 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
^ I do, but he'll just skate right into the lane as I'm mid shot.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

*********, Brassard has an 83 point season and of course, he's not on the team after the off season.

I'm going to buy nba

Old
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post

Yes, me too.

It sucks... Maybe it has to do with not making the playoffs? I only noticed a drop off in 2 years and those 2 years my team didnt make the playoffs

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 06:38 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
*********, Brassard has an 83 point season and of course, he's not on the team after the off season.

I'm going to buy nba
Tell me about it. Got drafted by the Oilers, make the team, and Hall, Eberle, Whitney, Yakupov, Dubnyk, and RNH didn't get resigned. Its ****ing ridiculous.

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

I just don't get it.

Why isn't 2k rolling out a game? They could crush ea at this point.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:08 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
I just don't get it.

Why isn't 2k rolling out a game? They could crush ea at this point.
From the three sites that I've read off of a Google search. 2kSports either doesn't have the money, or simply cannot compete with EA. I miss the competition games like NHL 2k7 and ESPN NHL 2k5 (I still play it), the NHL Faceoff games, and the NHL Powerplay games. NHL 12? Nope. NHL 10? Only very rarely, because of the hitting. I think this topic would be better suited for another thread however so I'll try to get back on point.
I've stalled out playing my Be-A-Pro, the mode seemed nice at first but still feels relatively empty. Especially with the knowledge that if I go to a good team (No offense Columbus) that the GM will just tear it apart. At least if I stay on Columbus, I can hopefully keep things running good from in goal.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
First off season in Edmonton and Smid, Whitney, Paajarvi, Gagner, Peckham, Sutton all resigned elsewhere. Khabibulin and Belanger retired and we signed Shaone Morrissonn as the only replacement.

Needless to say, I'm requesting a trade.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 07:50 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
First off season in Edmonton and Smid, Whitney, Paajarvi, Gagner, Peckham, Sutton all resigned elsewhere. Khabibulin and Belanger retired and we signed Shaone Morrissonn as the only replacement.

Needless to say, I'm requesting a trade.
I think that only the good teams seem to have this problem. I've played goal for Columbus and I haven't had a problem. Although, Columbus doesn't exactly have superstars anymore (Sorry R.J.). However, I think it might have something to do with the player roles.
I was playing Be-A-GM and I noticed that there were an extremely high amount of players with the role of 1st line and they were fairly low (55-71) overall players. Bad move on EA's part to include the player roles (mTop4, mStarter) in my opinion because I think the GM brain puts too much weight on the role. I could be wrong though but I believe that the player roles are the cause.
And this game looked so good out of the box too. EA.. again? Really?

Old
10-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Still playing my first junior season (I take my time and play every game, no rush) and Im getting kind of tired with this no goaltender interferance ********. I get it, last year was pretty awful with the abudance of tender interferance calls but this year is the exact opposite.

We just lost a must win game to make the playoffs because I got interfered with and nothing was called. I was in the blue paint, he wasnt pushed into me, it was just a clear interferance call. At the very least allow me to move somewhat if I get hit... For some reason EA thinks it's realistic for me to be completely paralyzed for a few seconds after getting hit.

Ridiculous.

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 08:55 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

I am furious right now! I built a TWD and made it so I'd play 3 years in the OHL. During year 2 of my be a pro I got my TWD up to an 87 overall. I play over 3/4 of the games without sim. So I enter into year 3 (draft year) at a 74 overall! Are you kidding me how is this possible! Anyone else having these issues? Any solutions?

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
KovalSNIPE

Be A Pro is so stupid. I made a RW 5* player, Capitals property, and put him in the OHL one season. I stacked the Caps because I wanted to go to a team that would destroy, put Neuvirth a 5*, switched Karlsson (made him 5*) with Carlson, switched Pietrangelo (made him 5*) with Alzner, switched Malkin with Backstrom, and made Morgan Rielly Caps property. I sim one season in the OHL and my player jumps from a 66 to an 82, so I was happy about that. But when the season started, I look on the roster and everyones practically gone!! Pietrangelo signed a 4yr with OTT, Karlsson got traded to Dallas for scraps, and Neuvirth signed an 8yr with PHX!! I was fed up and asked for a trade. Two weeks later I got traded to SJ for Brent Burns, a 3.5* prospect and a 4* prospect. I was fine with the trade, especially Brent Burns going the other way so I knew my value was high. When I got there, no Thornton, no Marleau, no Havlat, and no Boyle (all traded or retired)!!!! **** you EA.

KovalSNIPE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:04 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalSNIPE View Post
Something. Something. blah blah.
Welcome to NHL 13, where your GM destroys your team (Unless you're on Columbus). You're better off creating your pro and playing Be-A-GM with him.

Old
10-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Propane Nightmares
Dearly Beloved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
Welcome to NHL 13, where your GM destroys your team (Unless you're on Columbus). You're better off creating your pro and playing Be-A-GM with him.
That's what I eventually resorted to

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:15 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalSNIPE View Post
Be A Pro is so stupid. I made a RW 5* player, Capitals property, and put him in the OHL one season. I stacked the Caps because I wanted to go to a team that would destroy, put Neuvirth a 5*, switched Karlsson (made him 5*) with Carlson, switched Pietrangelo (made him 5*) with Alzner, switched Malkin with Backstrom, and made Morgan Rielly Caps property. I sim one season in the OHL and my player jumps from a 66 to an 82, so I was happy about that. But when the season started, I look on the roster and everyones practically gone!! Pietrangelo signed a 4yr with OTT, Karlsson got traded to Dallas for scraps, and Neuvirth signed an 8yr with PHX!! I was fed up and asked for a trade. Two weeks later I got traded to SJ for Brent Burns, a 3.5* prospect and a 4* prospect. I was fine with the trade, especially Brent Burns going the other way so I knew my value was high. When I got there, no Thornton, no Marleau, no Havlat, and no Boyle (all traded or retired)!!!! **** you EA.
You could have left the actual Caps roster and it would be destroyed it doesn't matter. It's seriously broken.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:31 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
You could have left the actual Caps roster and it would be destroyed it doesn't matter. It's seriously broken.
Oddly in my experience with San Jose and Columbus, the GM actually improves the team. I was playing my Be-A-Pro goalie with San Jose and my GM acquired Ed Jovanovski for nearly nothing, and then acquired Wojtek Wolski. We still have our stars too.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:39 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Oddly in my experience with San Jose and Columbus, the GM actually improves the team. I was playing my Be-A-Pro goalie with San Jose and my GM acquired Ed Jovanovski for nearly nothing, and then acquired Wojtek Wolski. We still have our stars too.
Very lucky because my buddy got drafted by San Jose and they let Pavelski, Couture, and some other guys walk and they traded Burns away I think. Either way they need to address all of these problems in a patch because for me it's completely unplayable.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
I can't believe they even screwed up the "request trade" feature.

I got drafted 5th overall but didn't want to play for the Laughs. I requested a trade, but I have "no value". I'm pretty sure a top prospect like that would have some value. Even if I had no value, why don't they just dump me somewhere for a pick? It completely defeats the purpose of even having a request trade feature.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Dont Hinder Jinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
I can't believe they even screwed up the "request trade" feature.

I got drafted 5th overall but didn't want to play for the Laughs. I requested a trade, but I have "no value". I'm pretty sure a top prospect like that would have some value. Even if I had no value, why don't they just dump me somewhere for a pick? It completely defeats the purpose of even having a request trade feature.
Made the second line out of preseason with the Stars, requested a trade during the preseason..and they also said "I had no value"..so I continued on, simmed a few games, requested a trade again. Sent down to the minors.

Quote:
We told you we aren't trading you. Enjoy your demotion.

Dont Hinder Jinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:39 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Highlight Reel View Post
Made the second line out of preseason with the Stars, requested a trade during the preseason..and they also said "I had no value"..so I continued on, simmed a few games, requested a trade again. Sent down to the minors.
I wonder what happens if you keep asking once you get demoted?

Old
10-18-2012, 08:20 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
I wonder what happens if you keep asking once you get demoted?
Danny Heatley... Haha.