HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lockout

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2012, 10:46 PM
  #51
Bench
Moderator
Coffee. Pie. Owls.
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 7,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I don't care for the all-star game, but poor Columbus as usual.
Oh geez, forgot about that. That franchise can't catch a break.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 02:11 AM
  #52
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I doubt the NHLPA agrees to that. Seven or eight years maybe.
I have a hard time seeing anything above 7. The reason the league is really pushing this issue is that contracts are only insured for 6 years. I think that is the number they truly want in 6. But will give the players the extra year as a concession and make the owners cover that. It is a far cry from having half of these mega-contracts uninsured.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:28 AM
  #53
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 12,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I'm quite sure they also take All-Star break off.
I don't care much for the ASG either, but it'll happen. It's just a weekend pretty much. Bettman said it would be 1 game extra every five weeks or something along those lines (five weeks with 1 extra game?). So they'll just cramp the games that were supposed to be played for the past couple of weeks into the coming weeks.

I hope this gets done. I need hockey. GR is ok, but nothing compared to watching an NHL game. I miss watching Pavel (yeah I know I could watch a KHL game, but it's not the same thing)

I wonder if the realignment proposal that the NHL made this past season (that was ****-blocked by the PA) is part of the deal

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:58 AM
  #54
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 19,736
vCash: 872
They have to fix something on that schedule or otherwise NHL would be competing with NBA. Stanley Cup finals at the same time as NBA finals? No, please.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 11:18 AM
  #55
Frk It
#snipequist
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
NHL teams have started posting jobs and people I know who were laid off when the league locked out have been contacted about coming back to work. We are finally going in the right direction, this is good news.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 11:19 AM
  #56
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 500
Doesn't matter - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407542

Never thought I'd see the day when I'm on Gary Bettman's side. We won't be seeing the NHL for a very, very long time. I'm just so sick of the players crying over spilt milk. I wish I was in the situation where all I had to do was cry over losing some money but still earn $1,000,000+ a year. Must be rough man.

It's 50-50 in every other league, so let me pose this question;

What makes the [failing] NHL so special that the players should receive so much more of the revenue percentage than the owners? I understand they are willing to gradually go to a 50-50 split but come on.


Last edited by TatarTangle: 10-17-2012 at 11:24 AM.
TatarTangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
  #57
Frk It
#snipequist
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
Doesn't matter - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407542

Never thought I'd see the day when I'm on Gary Bettman's side. We won't be seeing the NHL for a very, very long time. I'm just so sick of the players crying over spilt milk. I wish I was in the situation where all I had to do was cry over losing some money but still earn $1,000,000+ a year. Must be rough man.

It's 50-50 in every other league, so let me pose this question;

What makes the [failing] NHL so special that the players should receive so much more of the revenue percentage than the owners?
It's not a take-it or leave-it deal. It's a starting point. It's positive that the NHL actually came up with a deal and was willing to meet the NHLPA on some important issues, as opposed to them meeting and getting nothing done. The NHLPA will make a counter-offer this week. They are negotiating, if they don't like the first deal it's not the end of the world. I think we will have hockey by November. Try to stay positive.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 11:48 AM
  #58
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
It's not a take-it or leave-it deal. It's a starting point. It's positive that the NHL actually came up with a deal and was willing to meet the NHLPA on some important issues, as opposed to them meeting and getting nothing done. The NHLPA will make a counter-offer this week. They are negotiating, if they don't like the first deal it's not the end of the world. I think we will have hockey by November. Try to stay positive.
I was positive until I saw that letter. If the players think the owners are going to budge from a 50-50 split they may as well not even make a counter-offer because you know the owners will refuse it. For as much as the players say they "care about the fans" this is pretty much a sucker punch to our face. They obviously care more about money than the game and the fans, it's pretty clear in the letter.

But you are correct, it is a starting point; for a deal in 2014 or 2015.

TatarTangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 03:09 PM
  #59
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 6,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
I was positive until I saw that letter. If the players think the owners are going to budge from a 50-50 split they may as well not even make a counter-offer because you know the owners will refuse it. For as much as the players say they "care about the fans" this is pretty much a sucker punch to our face. They obviously care more about money than the game and the fans, it's pretty clear in the letter.

But you are correct, it is a starting point; for a deal in 2014 or 2015.
this is all part of the negotiations and this letter is something i would expect. fehr isn't just going to come out and agree to a proposal as is. he is going to try to get the best possible deal.

but now that the owners have finally come out with a reasonable offer, they and the pa can now finally play "ping pong" in these negotiations. like bob mack said, expect an intense week of negotiations with ups and downs.

anyone that actually believes the owners or the players care about the fans are either naive or just plain stupid.

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.