HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Voracek/Simmonds

Old
10-15-2012, 12:37 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendAlBundy View Post
Haven't read through the thread, so I'm assuming this is pretty off topic, but how would Philly fans feels about something around oleksiak for voracek?
Im gonna assume that would be a hard "no". Philly is looking to win now/soon, and Oleksiak is still a ways away from being an impact player at the NHL level, if he ever does in fact reach that. Voracek is not much older than Oleksiak (1989 vs 1992) and has proven to be a top-six (arguably top-line) player at the NHL level. Also, I don't think Oleksiak would suit Philadelphia's up-tempo playing style, and they already have a large shutdown defender in Braydon Coburn

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 07:33 AM
thelos
Bunk

I dont see Philly trading either of these guys. Both just signed new deals, and they fit right in to the young core of the team.

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
I dont see Philly trading either of these guys. Both just signed new deals, and they fit right in to the young core of the team.
Yeah, when's the last time a GM pulled off a sign-n-trade?

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Haven't read through the thread, so I'm assuming this is pretty off topic, but how would Philly fans feels about something around oleksiak for voracek?
I'd guess it would depend on what else was coming back from Dallas.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:18 AM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
I'd guess it would depend on what else was coming back from Dallas.
How much more do you think it would take to balance out the trade? What are phillys needs?

ReverendAlBundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
How much more do you think it would take to balance out the trade? What are phillys needs?
It would take quite a bit, and the primary need is a young, top-pairing defenseman. I don't see a match with Dallas, to be honest.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Moore Money

If the Nucks trade Edler, it sure as hell won't be for scrubs like Simmonds or Voracek. Brutal.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
If the Nucks trade Edler, it sure as hell won't be for scrubs like Simmonds or Voracek. Brutal.
Keep him. The Flyers could do better elsewhere. These two young men are not going anywhere. They are part of the youth core this team has. Scrubs? Get real and pay attention to the game instead of just name calling. Joke.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:11 AM
mpp9

Voracek is gonna be a beast next year playing with Giroux. Playmaking wingers with his size and skating ability don't come around often.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:13 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I'm getting very sick of defending Flyers players as a Pens fan. Voracek is a freaking beast. He's one of the most noticeable players on the ice every Pens/Flyers game. He completely changes how the Pens defense moves the puck with his tenacity on the fore/backcheck. His offensive prowess is going to get better and better as the game slows down for him.

Seriously.. this kid should not be moved. He's a freaking beast and will be for years to come.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:15 AM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I'm getting very sick of defending Flyers players as a Pens fan. Voracek is a freaking beast. He's one of the most noticeable players on the ice every Pens/Flyers game. He completely changes how the Pens defense moves the puck with his tenacity on the fore/backcheck. His offensive prowess is going to get better and better as the game slows down for him.

Seriously.. this kid should not be moved. He's a freaking beast and will be for years to come.
Yeah I agree. His puck rushing ability is amazing, and his vision is great. If he gets his shot to a respectable level, watch out

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:37 AM

vCash: 50
There are only a few flyers players I really rave about, and Jake's one of them. I've said for a while that if he gets his shot up to an average standard then watch out, he'll be PPG every year.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:07 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
There are only a few flyers players I really rave about, and Jake's one of them. I've said for a while that if he gets his shot up to an average standard then watch out, he'll be PPG every year.
And the cool thing is... even if he doesn't get to be a PPG player every year, he still is producing in so many ways for the Flyers. Guys like that are just so hard to find.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
DohBruins

...Scott Howson

Jeff Carter probably wouldn't even be worth Voracek straight up today, never mind Couturier and Cousins.

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 02:37 AM
TheUndertow40Six2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
You could just start a rumour that since he left there has been a bear infestation in Philadelphia...
How did this gold nugget manage to slip through the (wise)cracks?

TheUndertow40Six2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:34 AM
feedingschennzy

Quote:
28 goals on the second line, and more physicality than 12 sedins. I'm sorry but like your team, your argument is soft

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
28 goals on the second line, and more physicality than 12 sedins. I'm sorry but like your team, your argument is soft
I agree Voracek/Simmonds certainly aren't scrubs, they are really good players, but one of them alone won't net Edler.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I agree Voracek/Simmonds certainly aren't scrubs, they are really good players, but one of them alone won't net Edler.
I honestly don't think Edler would land Voracek or Simmonds do their contracts they just signed. I could see Matt Read being the main piece moving with picks and prospects, but Edler is a UFA. Teams are not going to shell out a huge offer for him when the possibility is there he will leave in 2-3 months.

Nucks are in a tough spot with Edler now, they should have gotten a deal done before the CBA expired. I honestly feel like teams that did not sign extensions before the deadline with some high profile players will regret it now.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 10:19 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I honestly don't think Edler would land Voracek or Simmonds do their contracts they just signed. I could see Matt Read being the main piece moving with picks and prospects, but Edler is a UFA. Teams are not going to shell out a huge offer for him when the possibility is there he will leave in 2-3 months.

Nucks are in a tough spot with Edler now, they should have gotten a deal done before the CBA expired. I honestly feel like teams that did not sign extensions before the deadline with some high profile players will regret it now.
Nahhh. I like Read and all, but one of Voracek or Simmonds is definitely going the other way for Edler. I don't want to lose either, but that's what it'd take.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Nahhh. I like Read and all, but one of Voracek or Simmonds is definitely going the other way for Edler. I don't want to lose either, but that's what it'd take.
I don't think Homer would part with them. Honestly he didn't offer them for Weber(for all we know), I don't think he would for Edler. Not for a rental I don't think he would. Of course just my opinion.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 11:16 AM
NYVanfan

Quote:
yeah, these kinda posts make nux fans look bad

voracek scored 50 pts as a 19 YO ... I predict he will push 70 pts, even PPG and be an absolute steal before this contract is up. I'd hate to lose Edler, but considering that he's UFA next summer, I'd make this deal pretty quickly. Simmonds is nice too, but I wouldnt trade Edler for him (maybe if it the Canucks D wasnt so depleted after...)

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 11:30 AM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post

I think with the new CBA, Edler is actually still a RFA for one more season. So his value should have gone up.

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
And the cool thing is... even if he doesn't get to be a PPG player every year, he still is producing in so many ways for the Flyers. Guys like that are just so hard to find.
I seem to remember the Blues being high on this guy in his draft year, and then watching him on the Blue Jackets I understood why.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I think with the new CBA, Edler is actually still a RFA for one more season. So his value should have gone up.
That's interesting to note. If we got a defenseman in a Luongo trade, I think Edler for Voracek + 1st would be fair, then.

Old
10-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DohBruins View Post
...Scott Howson

Jeff Carter probably wouldn't even be worth Voracek straight up today, never mind Couturier and Cousins.
Only because of the amount of moping he did here depressing his value.

Also, I love love love how the prevailing wisdom has become that Voracek has somehow improved by leaps and bounds since leaving Columbus.

News flash: he's exactly the same. He always was a persistent player in all zones, a great passer, and yet possessed of a remarkable capacity for screwing up shots on goal. We traded him because he never got any further than that after two years and had an opportunity to (we thought) get an upgrade, and now after three he STILL isn't ahead of that status.

Jake is what he is. What he is is valuable and awesome. But whatever "upside" folks invent for him (which turns him into this legend that Columbus should absolutely never have "discarded") is rapidly becoming ephemeral. It's been three consistent years now. The trade didn't change a damn thing beyond getting him more attention; making people notice what was already there.

If one wants absolute, unshakable confirmation that folks truly do not pay the slightest attention to any Columbus Blue Jackets player in even the least amount of fashion, but are perfectly happy to make sweeping judgment calls based on their overwhelming ignorance, one need only look to the evaluations of Jake Voracek before and after the trade.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote