HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Banner night/home opener vs Blues

Old
10-16-2012, 04:17 PM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Banner night/home opener vs Blues

If all goes as stated today, the season starts 11/2, so the Kings home opener is NOv 3 a nationally televised game (1 pm PT) against the St Louis Blues

That means the banner will be raised celebrating the Cup Champs that afternoon.

It's a shame it couldn't be a few days later, the Canucks are in town the 8th, wouldn't that be sweet?

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:24 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
If all goes as stated today, the season starts 11/2, so the Kings home opener is NOv 3 a nationally televised game (1 pm PT) against the St Louis Blues

It's a shame it couldn't be a few days later, the Canucks are in town the 8th, wouldn't that be sweet?
My biggest problem will be figuring out how to get off of work 6 hours early so I can be home for what for me would be a 4:00 start. I simply cannot miss this.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 413
I just got tickets on stubhub. You should too.
If the lockout isn't lifted, you get you money back including fees

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 08:39 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Just picked up mine as well. It's comforting knowing I'll get all my money back if the lockout eats into that game as well.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:55 PM
KingLB

If they were still trying to do 82, wouldn't they have to rework the whole schedule?

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:22 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
If they were still trying to do 82, wouldn't they have to rework the whole schedule?
Sounds like they would just throw the games missed onto the back end.

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:49 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Sounds like they would just throw the games missed onto the back end.

And what happens to teams in the middle of a road trip?

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:51 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
And what happens to teams in the middle of a road trip?
Ask Gary.

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Might as well as return your tickets.

Looks like the defending SCC Los Angeles Kings will be defending in 2014 rather than 2013.

Absolutely frustrated and disgusted fan here. Donald Fehr is a first-class a-hole.

10-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Kopistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Looks like the defending SCC Los Angeles Kings will be defending in 2014 rather than 2013.

Absolutely frustrated and disgusted fan here. Donald Fehr is a first-class a-hole.
Whoa whoa there, did you REALLY think Fehr would just outright be super happy about the NHL's offer and accept it the second the got it?

Also, it's no surprise that the NHL held that focus group showing that fans side more with the owners, THEN they come out with a proposal that they "say" gives the players what they have been wanting, then say "oh if you agree by this date, we can get 82 games in" Come on, the deal is half ment to save the season cause that's revenue, but it's also half a BRILLIANT PR move.

Fans who aren't super knowledgable about the details of the deal will surely side with the Owners whom they will think are trying to save a season while they think they players are greedy if they don't accept.

THIS IS WHAT NEGOTIATING IS!!!! It's give and take. I think ultimately the 2 sides will get a deal done. I do however think that there won't be a full 82 game season, but i'm still hopeful. Either way, the players need to realize they'll never win this. The owners will ALWAYS win the debate and will ALWAYS have the CBA favored towards them.

Kopistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:

What are you so disgusted about? Did you not think the NHLPA would counter offer the proposal that was issued by the NHL yesterday?

Bettman said they have 9-10 days to hammer this thing out for a Nov. 2nd start....so, settle down Ron.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Bettman said they have 9-10 days to hammer this thing out for a Nov. 2nd start....so, settle down Ron.
Right.

10 days from now is October 27.

So what you are saying is if they hammer it out in 10 days (which I doubt), the players will all come back within 5 days to start play, without a training camp?

Makes sense to me! Not.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Right.

10 days from now is October 27.

So what you are saying is if they hammer it out in 10 days (which I doubt), the players will all come back within 5 days to start play, without a training camp?

Makes sense to me! Not.
If the deal gets done, they'll have a pretty good idea of it being completed long before the 10th day....players will know to get back.

I'd day they'd have to have some agreement in place by Monday.

I'm not following you, are you pissed that the players aren't doing backflips with excitement over the current offer? Are you that familiar with it?

Old
10-17-2012, 01:15 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post

a lot of people are being positive with what has happened in the last 48hours, but when you look at the complexity of what it takes to start up the season, most people suggest that a new cba today would mean a start up date of between nov 10th and 16th. That being said it sounds more and more that neither side is ready to sign the deal and we are growing closer and closer to if there is no CBA on Jan 1st 2013 the season is lost

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
a lot of people are being positive with what has happened in the last 48hours, but when you look at the complexity of what it takes to start up the season, most people suggest that a new cba today would mean a start up date of between nov 10th and 16th. That being said it sounds more and more that neither side is ready to sign the deal and we are growing closer and closer to if there is no CBA on Jan 1st 2013 the season is lost
So are you saying that Bettman just pulled the date of Nov.2nd out of his ass? On top of that, stating they have 9-10 days to work the deal out?

Old
10-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
If the deal gets done, they'll have a pretty good idea of it being completed long before the 10th day....players will know to get back.

I'd day they'd have to have some agreement in place by Monday.

I'm not following you, are you pissed that the players aren't doing backflips with excitement over the current offer? Are you that familiar with it?
How much are you willing to bet this season starts on November 2? Put your money where your mouth is. That is absolutely a crazy aspiration. No way does this happen by the 2nd.

Bottom line, the owners are bringing proposals to the table and the players are ZZZZing at it. Who really wants a deal to get done by the end of this month?

Fehr could have had a positive comment in return. Instead, he blew it off. I really think its time for the players to fish or cut bait. Either negotiate in good faith or call it a day. I really am tired of all the ********.

Old
10-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
How much are you willing to bet this season starts on November 2? Put your money where your mouth is. That is absolutely a crazy aspiration. No way does this happen by the 2nd.

Bottom line, the owners are bringing proposals to the table and the players are ZZZZing at it. Who really wants a deal to get done by the end of this month?

Fehr could have had a positive comment in return. Instead, he blew it off. I really think its time for the players to fish or cut bait. Either negotiate in good faith or call it a day. I really am tired of all the ********.
Like I said, settle down Ron. How in the world would YOU know what the players are thinking about it....who are you, Eklund?

Old
10-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Like I said, settle down Ron. How in the world would YOU know what the players are thinking about it....who are you, Eklund?
You know what? I really don't like your condescending tone, so just knock it off about me "setting down."

I can express my opinion, that is what posting on sports bulletin boards are all about.

I am commenting on Fehr's comments, not any individual player's comments. Reviewing Twitter, the players are all over the map. Ultimately, they listen to this clown, and the longer he strings it out, the longer he gets paid (and the longer he stays "relevant").

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...acterizations/

Old
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Ron, you should have a V-8

Old
10-17-2012, 02:25 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Ron, you should have a V-8
I was thinking more like a Snickers cause "You're not you when you're hungry"

dr robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

So are they just gonna use the original schedule the rest of the way? I don't know if the NBA remade their schedule last year for the condensed schedule or if they just used the original schedule without the cancelled games before December 25th Opening Night last year).

EDIT: I forgot that there were back-to-back-to-back scheduled games last year so there was no way the NBA used their original schedule.

Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 10-17-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
So are they just gonna use the original schedule the rest of the way? I don't know if the NBA remade their schedule last year for the condensed schedule or if they just used the original schedule without the cancelled games before December 25th Opening Night last year).

EDIT: I forgot that there were back-to-back-to-back scheduled games last year so there was no way the NBA used their original schedule.
I think the plan was to just use the existing schedule starting on Nov 2nd and put the games missed on the back-end. BUT, they also said that every team would have to play an additional game every 5 weeks to make up for the missed games...so I don't get how that would work.

Old
10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Brodie562

Ron is making the most sense in the thread and you guys are cracking lame jokes?? the season is not starting anytime soon. i hope those of you that are buying tickets and getting your hopes up learn from it and remember this when jumping down another posters throat for voicing his opinion.

Brodie562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie562 View Post
Ron is making the most sense in the thread and you guys are cracking lame jokes?? the season is not starting anytime soon. i hope those of you that are buying tickets and getting your hopes up learn from it and remember this when jumping down another posters throat for voicing his opinion.
This thread is about a banner raising. This isn't the place for Ron to piss in our cheerios. There is a lockout thread for Ron squash our hopes and dreams and kick puppies in.

Last edited by Gentle Ben Kenobi: 10-17-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old
10-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Fishhead

The only way to make sure you have tickets to the banner raising is to get season seats. Otherwise it's just going to be a hassle to get your money back unless you buy from the Kings directly, and I would guess TM fees are non-refundable, so the box office is the way to go (or stubhub if they are offering full refund)

The season could start on November 2nd, but given the track record of the NHL and NHLPA, does anyone really think that's likely? This is my fourth lockout, and never has the best case scenario ever happened. I hope it does, just like I have every time, but with the amount of idiots on both sides, something is bound to get screwed up.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote