HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And we are locked out again (No Progress ,, Talks collapse)

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I'd rather not have a season than to see us get screwed and have to deal guys like Hossa and Keith.
Why one earth would we deal guys like Hossa/Keith?

Old
10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Read Illini's post. It is an extreme example of what may happen.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
We'd have to. They would make $7.9 and $7.6 mil per. In year 2 of the deal, the Hawks will be $4.5 mil over the cap with 18 players signed. They aren't going to get under the cap by dealing $3 mil players...they are going to have to move their big dollar players to field a team.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:54 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
We'd have to. They would make $7.9 and $7.6 mil per. In year 2 of the deal, the Hawks will be $4.5 mil over the cap with 18 players signed. They aren't going to get under the cap by dealing $3 mil players...they are going to have to move their big dollar players to field a team.

Ok, I'm lost. Can someone point out where on the proposal it says that average salary of the length of the contract won't be what determines cap hit anymore.

That makes me really unhappy if that's the case

Old
10-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Doesn't matter everyone

NHLPA will sink this offer and the season is done

Screw the NHLPA and Fehr

The moment NHLPA named him boss the 2012-13 season died

Old
10-17-2012, 11:58 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
I'd rather not have a season than to see us get screwed and have to deal guys like Hossa and Keith.
Of all the bad and wrong opinions int his thread, this is by far the worst

Old
10-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Of all the bad and wrong opinions int his thread, this is by far the worst
Not really. I'd rather say bye to the season than have to let go of a star player too.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Rocky must be turning into his old man....wanting to trim those star players.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:02 PM
MagicSlap*

I'm a fan of the game first and the Blackhawks second. I love hockey and the Hawks are my favorite team. Losing hockey for another year would not only be brutal personally but it would be brutal for the league and its future.

I'm sorry, anyone who values one player on their own team over the health of the league and being able to watch a season of hockey is just selfish.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Ok, I'm lost. Can someone point out where on the proposal it says that average salary of the length of the contract won't be what determines cap hit anymore.

That makes me really unhappy if that's the case
I have seen nothing posted that would indicate this at all.
Not sure where ppl are getting this from.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:11 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
I'm a fan of the game first and the Blackhawks second. I love hockey and the Hawks are my favorite team. Losing hockey for another year would not only be brutal personally but it would be brutal for the league and its future.

I'm sorry, anyone who values one player on their own team over the health of the league and being able to watch a season of hockey is just selfish.

Agree 100%

Old
10-17-2012, 12:20 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
This proposal is so ridiculous that you can count me in on throwing away a season to make it go away and bring in something more sensible. It shouldn't take that but if it does, then so be it.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:

Given how pathetically boring the rest of the NHL was getting, I found myself able to watch only a few teams and not be wanting to do something else. So the rest of the league means little to me. The NHL locked out simply means the Hawks are locked out, to me.

So I'd rather not have them be assuredly worse by giving up, say, Keith or Hossa, thereby guaranteeing they will not compete for a Cup anytime soon.

We all have different opinions. You are the only one labeling others as "simply wrong" and trying to pretend you're taking a high road ("health of the league") when in reality you're not-so-subtly attacking those of us who put the Blackhawks first, league second... not such a high road after all.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:24 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
This proposal is so ridiculous that you can count me in on throwing away a season to make it go away and bring in something more sensible. It shouldn't take that but if it does, then so be it.
Everyone knows you just want the season cancelled on the chance you never have to see Emery in a Hawks uniform again.

Seriously, this proposal is awesome, sure it's painful for teams that tried to circumvent the cap previously but it rewards smart management of your team in the past and going forward.

It's a fair shake for both sides and the only people upset about it are Hawks, Rangers, etc. fans who don't want to see their teams burned for making dumb decisions in the past.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:25 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Given how pathetically boring the rest of the NHL was getting, I found myself able to watch only a few teams and not be wanting to do something else. So the rest of the league means little to me. The NHL locked out simply means the Hawks are locked out, to me.

So I'd rather not have them be assuredly worse by giving up, say, Keith or Hossa, thereby guaranteeing they will not compete for a Cup anytime soon.

We all have different opinions. You are the only one labeling others as "simply wrong" and trying to pretend you're taking a high road ("health of the league") when in reality you're not-so-subtly attacking those of us who put the Blackhawks first, league second... not such a high road after all.
Sorry I love the game of hockey more than my favorite hockey team. I probably still would've watched 100+ games this year even if the NHL season was cancelled. If you can't watch more than a handful of teams around the league I think that says a lot about you as a fan.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:28 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

This proposal would end up squeezing the younger and middle tier players out of money, as teams will have big dollars and years committed to their top players already. Less for the youngsters, and probably also less for Toewe, Kane, Getzlaf, etc...when their next contracts come up.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Sorry I love the game of hockey more than my favorite hockey team. I probably still would've watched 100+ games this year even if the NHL season was cancelled. If you can't watch more than a handful of teams around the league I think that says a lot about you as a fan.
I've watched hockey consistently since I was 3 and stayed with the Hawks as a diehard through all of the dark years. I don't think questioning fandom here is valid.

I love the game of hockey too. I just don't consider it a completely separate entity from my favorite team.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Everyone knows you just want the season cancelled on the chance you never have to see Emery in a Hawks uniform again.

Seriously, this proposal is awesome, sure it's painful for teams that tried to circumvent the cap previously but it rewards smart management of your team in the past and going forward.

It's a fair shake for both sides and the only people upset about it are Hawks, Rangers, etc. fans who don't want to see their teams burned for making dumb decisions in the past.
Well, the idea of punishing people for actions that were allowed at a past time is something I just cannot get behind. It's insane and definitely unfair.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Illinihockey

This wouldn't help re: Keith and Hossa.....hope they don't retire early/are productive

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
One of most interesting aspects of NHL proposal is aimed at punishing clubs more than players, with regard to existing back-diving deals.

Any existing deal in excess of 5 yrs would carry cap hit in every year of contract, even if player were to retire with year(s) left.

In other words, the benefit clubs thought they were getting by reducing AAV with back-diving deals/bogus end yrs would be reduced/negated.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Cullksinikers

So, Magic, you would be fine if we had to give away Hossa and/or Keith for peanuts to have a season back?

Old
10-17-2012, 01:04 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
So, Magic, you would be fine if we had to give away Hossa and/or Keith for peanuts to have a season back?
Why would we have to give them away for peanuts? They're still great players and there is LESS risk for the teams accepting them because if they retire the Hawks are the one that have to keep their cap hit on the books.

Second, yes, I was never in favor of contracts like those and as much as it would hurt the Hawks sometimes you have to deal with the decisions you've made. The Hawks knew what they were doing, the league knew what they were doing hell we knew what they were doing.

It would suck to see them go but I think the offer is fair. Just because my team is adversely impacted doesn't make it less fair.

Old
10-17-2012, 01:18 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I don't think the NHLPA is going to approve of having exsisting contracts be subject to the new rules. Whether the league likes it or not, the players and GM's took advantage of the CBA, as it was, legally; they didn't break any rules, they were allowed to sign those players to those types of contracts. You can't subject contracts that were signed in 2008, 2009 or 2010 to a CBA that's going to be signed in 2012/2013.

When it's all said and done, I don't think Keith's, Hossa's, Weber's, Suter's, Parise's or Kovalchuk's (among others) contracts will be changed. Their caphits will remain the same. Going forward, every contract will be subject to the rules of the new CBA though, of course.

Old
10-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Callidusblackhawk

I'm having a hard time believing all of the owners wanted this deal, what does Detroit and Minn's cap look like under the new deal? Weber's cap hit is probably pretty insane too...

Looked up Zetterberg's contract, Detroit would be fine.

Last edited by Callidusblackhawk: 10-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old
10-17-2012, 01:24 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I don't think the NHLPA is going to approve of having exsisting contracts be subject to the new rules. Whether the league likes it or not, the players and GM's took advantage of the CBA, as it was, legally; they didn't break any rules, they were allowed to sign those players to those types of contracts. You can't subject contracts that were signed in 2008, 2009 or 2010 to a CBA that's going to be signed in 2012/2013.

When it's all said and done, I don't think Keith's, Hossa's, Weber's, Suter's, Parise's or Kovalchuk's (among others) contracts will be changed. Their caphits will remain the same. Going forward, every contract will be subject to the rules of the new CBA though, of course.
It's not like what is due to the player's under their existing contracts is going to change though. Hossa, Keith, etc. will still be making all their money. It just negatively impacts the teams that signed them.

"I'm having a hard time believing all of the owners wanted this deal, what does Detroit and Minn's cap look like under the new deal? Weber's cap hit is probably pretty insane too..."

Do all people in the U.S. agree with every bill that's passed? I'm sure a few of the owners are VERY pissed but it's about group rule.

Old
10-17-2012, 01:31 PM
coldsteelonice84

I'm changing my prediction yesterday of the season starting in December to no season at all and those people saying maybe part or all of next year gone actually are starting to make sense.

Closed Thread