HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2012, 10:29 PM
  #926
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Early player who stands out to me is Ryan Pulock of the Brandon Wheat Kings, a defenseman. He is the captain of his team in his draft year. He is leading his team in points with 15 in 10 games and he is +11. The next closest in +/- is +9 and he is a 20 year old. The kid is 6'2, 211 pounds ALREADY. Very impressive to say the least.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 11:20 PM
  #927
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,563
vCash: 500
Filmed 2 Iso videos last friday in Drummondville with the Mooseheads in town.

MacKinnon 15minutes: http://www.hockeyprospect.com/video/...inon-iso-video

Fucale 7minutes: http://www.hockeyprospect.com/video/...cale-iso-video

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 08:09 AM
  #928
goforit
Registered User
 
goforit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHP View Post
Filmed 2 Iso videos last friday in Drummondville with the Mooseheads in town.

MacKinnon 15minutes: http://www.hockeyprospect.com/video/...inon-iso-video

Fucale 7minutes: http://www.hockeyprospect.com/video/...cale-iso-video
Woah! Thanks man! Very good quality. Pretty appreciated.

But, is it me or he's been a non-factor in this game? Was floating and waiting for the puck. Maybe it's because he is always a the right spot...

I didn't like the way he fought for the puck. He was only trying to poke it with his stick. But anyway... great talent!

First time a saw him play. Is it considered as an average, good or great game for him?

goforit is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 09:25 AM
  #929
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,223
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
Woah! Thanks man! Very good quality. Pretty appreciated.

But, is it me or he's been a non-factor in this game? Was floating and waiting for the puck. Maybe it's because he is always a the right spot...

I didn't like the way he fought for the puck. He was only trying to poke it with his stick. But anyway... great talent!

First time a saw him play. Is it considered as an average, good or great game for him?
Nope, you're right. Out of all the games I've watched MacKinnon play this year, the Drummondville game was his worst (or rather, "least impressive"). May have something to do with his partner in crime Drouin missing in action. Anyway it doesn't change much for me - still an exceptional talent and the clear no. 1 at this point IMO.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 11:14 AM
  #930
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
Woah! Thanks man! Very good quality. Pretty appreciated.

But, is it me or he's been a non-factor in this game? Was floating and waiting for the puck. Maybe it's because he is always a the right spot...

I didn't like the way he fought for the puck. He was only trying to poke it with his stick. But anyway... great talent!

First time a saw him play. Is it considered as an average, good or great game for him?
ya that was clearly a bad game for MacKinnon, heck the Mooseheads were awful in that game. Fucale is the only reason they won that game vs a very average Drummondville team.

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:41 PM
  #931
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIASED..

No seriously.. There's no contest to me. He's not a top 10 pick. But he could be a good late one. You cannot disagree on that.
If by late one you mean a 3rd round choice, then yes maybe.

SOLR is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
  #932
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
If by late one you mean a 3rd round choice, then yes maybe.
Wouldn't that be amazing?

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 01:26 PM
  #933
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,223
vCash: 500
Awards:
Watched Monahan play a really average game against the Rangers from a week or so ago. My first time really watching him play. Hopefully it was an off-night. It's not that he was bad, he was just invisible.

On the other hand, Tyler Graovac was on fire, again. Could be a steal for the Wild in the 7th round if he keeps it up.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 01:31 PM
  #934
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Watched Monahan play a really average game against the Rangers from a week or so ago. My first time really watching him play. Hopefully it was an off-night. It's not that he was bad, he was just invisible.

On the other hand, Tyler Graovac was on fire, again. Could be a steal for the Wild in the 7th round if he keeps it up.
Every time I watched him (Ok its only 3 times.) he was pretty much invisible. He roams on the ice and strikes when he see's something. You can see he see's the ice well.. He just seem's to be off timing or somehting IDK

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 01:33 PM
  #935
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,223
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Every time I watched him (Ok its only 3 times.) he was pretty much invisible. He roams on the ice and strikes when he see's something. You can see he see's the ice well.. He just seem's to be off timing or somehting IDK
He gets compared a lot to Eric Staal, so I guess I was waiting for him to turn it on and take over a game the way Staal can. Didn't happen.

For what it's worth, he was really hard on the backcheck - always came down to his own net/goal line to help out his D or clear pucks. The announcers were speculatnig he was gassed from playing too many minutes already, so I don't know. Seems a little early to be using that as an excuse to me.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 01:38 PM
  #936
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He gets compared a lot to Eric Staal, so I guess I was waiting for him to turn it on and take over a game the way Staal can. Didn't happen.

For what it's worth, he was really hard on the backcheck - always came down to his own net/goal line to help out his D or clear pucks. The announcers were speculatnig he was gassed from playing too many minutes already, so I don't know. Seems a little early to be using that as an excuse to me.
I'm really not sold on his case.

I'd rather pick any other top 10 guy's than him. He seem's to have good attributes though.

I don't see the Staal comparison.. When Staal take's over a game.. He's every where at the same time. Didn't see that from Sean.

I might just need to watch more games.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 04:40 PM
  #937
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,855
vCash: 500
Craig's list is out on the TSN website. Seth Jones #1.

Shinkaruk - #11, Domi - #12 and Drouin - #13

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407559

Frozenice is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 06:21 PM
  #938
Asamu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saguenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Good Article from La Presse by Dave Hainsley about the 2013 draft

Click here to read

Sorry, the article is in French and I don't have time to translate it, but you can still look at the names in Bold and do your own research.

Asamu is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 06:38 PM
  #939
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,418
vCash: 500
How is Adam Erne playing? I liked watching him last year. Is he just feeding off of Grigorenko?

le_sean is online now  
Old
10-17-2012, 06:55 PM
  #940
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
No, Erne is the real deal. Watched bits and pieces of Remparts games and he reminds me a lot of Zach Parise. His skating is very low, powerful and up tempo. He forechecks extremely hard and intelligently. Most of his goals are the result of being in the right place at the right time. But its not because of luck. Its because his hockey sense and skating allow him to get to those open spaces. Very similar to Parise and he should go in the top 10.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 06:58 PM
  #941
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Craig's list is out on the TSN website. Seth Jones #1.

Shinkaruk - #11, Domi - #12 and Drouin - #13

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407559
I actually like this one for the most part, not sure I agree about Jones surpassing Mackinnon though, Ristolainen should probably be a bit higher and I'm not sure about Domi ahead of Drouin.

Et le But is online now  
Old
10-17-2012, 07:21 PM
  #942
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
I am the only one who's absolutely in love with William Carrier?

He such a fantastic player.

He's the complete package. He's got a great hard wrist shot, he skates like the wind, and he's got great vision. He plays a powerforward style game and plays it with a ton of skill. Top it off with a 6'1" 198 lb frame and the fact that he's a LW, I think he'd be a great draft pick for us.

That is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 08:05 PM
  #943
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,130
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I am the only one who's absolutely in love with William Carrier?

He such a fantastic player.

He's the complete package. He's got a great hard wrist shot, he skates like the wind, and he's got great vision. He plays a powerforward style game and plays it with a ton of skill. Top it off with a 6'1" 198 lb frame and the fact that he's a LW, I think he'd be a great draft pick for us.
Is he comparable to Pacioretty??

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 08:22 PM
  #944
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Is he comparable to Pacioretty??
I'd say that's a pretty good comparable. He finishes his checks, but doesn't hit to hurt, similar to Pacioretty. He lacks the wrist shot that Pacioretty has, but he has better vision in my opinion.

That is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 09:05 PM
  #945
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,269
vCash: 597
Morgan Ellis was also Carrier's teammate for a year and half...And we know how much Timmins loves that angle.

He's off to a great start, 21 points in 12 games after 1+3 tonight.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
10-17-2012, 09:26 PM
  #946
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
How is Adam Erne playing? I liked watching him last year. Is he just feeding off of Grigorenko?
He's playing well, in the two games I've watched so far, he was really implicated fought hard in the corner, great nose for the net.... The only knock I'd have on him is that his shot seem's lacking something.. He can't get all the sauce on it and I don't know why..

Still an incredible player. Perfect winger for Gally for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Is he comparable to Pacioretty??
No. Patches has a way to find his free spot and take a hard and precise shot. Well if you take this off they're pretty comparable... and then theres the skating.

A better comparison would be Andrei Kostitsyn. (OOOh the haters.) He's solid, he has
good skating ability but he seems to take 5-6 reallly heavy/slow strides before hitting the speed, ala AK... Pretty comparable IMO. But then there's the vision, Erne alot of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Morgan Ellis was also Carrier's teammate for a year and half...And we know how much Timmins loves that angle.

He's off to a great start, 21 points in 12 games after 1+3 tonight.
This guy look's good too! I'm pretty sure he'll go under the radar. Might be good to pick him up

Sorensen, I'll repeat, is another kid I like alot... I'd take him ahead of Erne so far. (Yet I've only seen two games of them this year..)

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 09:59 PM
  #947
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Carrier is a skilled player thats for sure. He is big, but does not play a big mans game. Pacioretty is a good comparison in terms of stature and skating style. I think he has better hands than Patches in tight though and plays less like a power forward. I saw a bit of Cammalleri in him actually.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 10:52 PM
  #948
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Craig's list is out on the TSN website. Seth Jones #1.

Shinkaruk - #11, Domi - #12 and Drouin - #13

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407559
Zadorov at 7? What the hell is he smoking? I know it's Button's list and he's had a few weirds lists in the past, but still...

bcv is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 11:00 PM
  #949
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Zadorov at 7? What the hell is he smoking? I know it's Button's list and he's had a few weirds lists in the past, but still...
I like this list besides Hagg's placement

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 06:50 AM
  #950
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamu View Post
Good Article from La Presse by Dave Hainsley about the 2013 draft

Click here to read

Sorry, the article is in French and I don't have time to translate it, but you can still look at the names in Bold and do your own research.
Wasn't Dauphin playing defense in midget AAA last year?

Fozz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.