HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2012, 01:27 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

vCash: 500
Well, Loktionov has gone beast mode in my NHL 13 season. Had injures to Penner and Gagne so I called him up for the LW. He's got 18 goals and 8 assists in just 16 games. BEAST!

Yeah... This is what it's come to. I'm posting about my nhl 13 season. Get the deal done!

Old
10-16-2012, 01:55 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Well, Loktionov has gone beast mode in my NHL 13 season. Had injures to Penner and Gagne so I called him up for the LW. He's got 18 goals and 8 assists in just 16 games. BEAST!

Yeah... This is what it's come to. I'm posting about my nhl 13 season. Get the deal done!
How shockingly realistic the game is sometimes...

Old
10-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Johnny Utah

I wish we had better daily updates on the Monarchs, like lines, d combos, etc...Seems like even with the lockout there is limited info.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

From gathering game notes from box scores, the Monarchs lines in their previous game appeared as:

Prokhorkin-Loktionov-Kozun
Cliche-Vey-Toffoli
Clune-Andreoff-Legein
Czarnik-O'Neill

Muzzin-Kolomatis
Campbell-Hickey
Bodnarchuk-Voynov
Deslauriers

Jones-Mannino

The Monarchs dressed 7 defensemen in their last game. Scratches were Pearson, Weal, Johnson, Meckler, Nolan (IR). Pearson and Weal (as well as Nolan) appeared in the first game with Kolomatis, Prokhorkin, and Czarnik as the healthy scratches for the opener.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
How has Pearson looked?

Old
10-16-2012, 04:38 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
How has Pearson looked?
Just like Toffoli - completely, completely average at best. I don't like either as prospects and they sure haven't done anything to change their stocks in my eyes - especially Toffoli who I've seen a lot more of and still don't like.

Old
10-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Johnny Utah

7 D and Pearson and Weal as scratches? That's kinda weird.

Andreoff looks good.

Old
10-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Andy Andy looks good.

Toffoli looks fast and highly skilled but will take a little time to adjust as expected.

Vey is looking great.

Muzz looks great.

Old
10-16-2012, 08:31 PM
losingsand

I really think andreoff will be the next call up out of this bunch not named VOYNOV and NOLAN from manchester.

yes i think he jumps ahead of loktionov, only because andreoff plays with a lot of bite... to go a long with a nice offensive skill set.

Old
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Just like Toffoli - completely, completely average at best. I don't like either as prospects and they sure haven't done anything to change their stocks in my eyes - especially Toffoli who I've seen a lot more of and still don't like.
Here we go again with this....how many games in MAN have you seen from each? And how many of those were preseason.....

Old
10-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Pearson was average at best (Providence's only goal was partly Pearson's fault), but Toffoli played a lot better than Pearson. Especially against Albany Toffoli had a couple offensively good shifts and in my mind he was defensively responsible all the time.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Chazz Reinhold

So we're really making definitive judgments after a handful of AHL regular season games for Pearson (one) and Toffoli (three)?

Old
10-17-2012, 11:22 AM
KingCanadain1976

I got to see a little bit of the last Monarch game. I was impressed by loti play alot but hes still not making the team as a center. They also had another person that stood out to me Bodnarchuk He was hitting everything that moved and playing solid in the defensive zone. I think if Greene gets hurt he maybe the one to get the call. The announcers were calling him the best defenseman on the monarchs this season. I was wondering if someone had a list of the players numbers As a new to watching the monarch it was hard to follow some of the players unless i heard the annoucer say there name. Also want to thank whoever it was that put up the link. Any chance we could get a new thread for the games like we do when the kings play ?

Old
10-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Fat Elvis

Got to laugh at people harping on Pearson after his first AHL game the calender year he was drafted. The same people also harping of Toffoli...really, really?

Bodnarchuk is one of the older more experience players and it will help some of the younger players like Muzz and Nick D. Good to hear he's playing solid so far.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:46 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I got to see a little bit of the last Monarch game. I was impressed by loti play alot but hes still not making the team as a center. They also had another person that stood out to me Bodnarchuk He was hitting everything that moved and playing solid in the defensive zone. I think if Greene gets hurt he maybe the one to get the call. The announcers were calling him the best defenseman on the monarchs this season. I was wondering if someone had a list of the players numbers As a new to watching the monarch it was hard to follow some of the players unless i heard the annoucer say there name. Also want to thank whoever it was that put up the link. Any chance we could get a new thread for the games like we do when the kings play ?
http://www.manchestermonarchs.com/roster.php

Not sure how worthwhile it would be to do a thread for ever game since not many people are going to be able to watch/listen to the games that post here.

Old
10-17-2012, 01:41 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672

You guys are ridiculous. I never liked the Pearson pick one bit. I had five guys I liked a whole hell of a lot more than him. And when someone asked how he looked so far, I told them what I saw - that he was average. Didn't say he looked like ****. He was just average. He was there but made no impact on the game in either direction.

As for Toffoli, I've seen a bit of him over the past few years now and I've never been impressed. Never hid that at all. And again, I said he was average. Didn't say he sucks. If you don't want my opinion, put me on your ignore list. Not like I'll care.

As far as what others have been saying, I have to agree with some and change my tune on some soon. Andy Andreoff really has looked pretty good. Muzzin has been great as everyone else has said and I've liked Bodnarchuk's game a lot too.

Old
10-17-2012, 02:45 PM
no name

Ahhh, the old "put me on ignore" instead of taking criticism.

Old
10-17-2012, 03:09 PM
damacles1156

Pearson looks like a kid from Jr making the AHL jump, no idea what people expect form him( same for Tyler).

These Kids are going to need at least two years at Manchester(maybe three).

Old
10-17-2012, 03:26 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Pearson looks like a kid from Jr making the AHL jump, no idea what people expect form him( same for Tyler).

These Kids are going to need at least two years at Manchester(maybe three).
I don't think it'll take that long. One full year from each I think could do it.

Old
10-17-2012, 04:05 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I don't think it'll take that long. One full year from each I think could do it.
Linden Vey is a lot more of a complete Hockey player than both of them. He also plays Center(natural). Vey needs another year, maybe more.....

Tyler and Pearson are going to be awhile. Pearson and Tofolli are not physically imposing like (Nolan,Andy,King, Porkins). They are not wizards in their own end, or on Offense for that matter.

They are going to be projects.

There is nothing wrong with that. I would prefer the Kids spend at least two years in Manchester.

Last edited by damacles1156: 10-17-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old
10-17-2012, 04:56 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post

Not sure how worthwhile it would be to do a thread for ever game since not many people are going to be able to watch/listen to the games that post here.
i think if the lockout lasts any length of time people would watch the free feds that get posted for the games. I also see it no different than having a regular kings games only u get the ahl instead of nhl games. I see it as the best alturnitive

Old
10-18-2012, 04:46 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

I know i'd read it. I'm already following other ahl gdt on other teams forums. The oilers are closely following their ahl/NHL team
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post

Old
10-18-2012, 08:28 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
I know i'd read it. I'm already following other ahl gdt on other teams forums. The oilers are closely following their ahl/NHL team
I'd read it as well, just can't see being very long of threads with limited access and coverage that the Monarchs seem to get. Perhaps a better idea might be a weekly thread seeing as the AHL is mostly a weekend league?

Old
10-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Remember how mediocre and overall disappointing Trevor Lewis was in the minors??? Yeah...

The Kings are using the AHL to develop their players and work on their overall game, something most players have never had to do. Toffolli & Pearson are not going to be the next Pavel Bure on the Monarchs.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:45 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
There's nothing wrong with criticizing Pearson and Toffoli. Pearson still seems like a questionable pick, and Toffoli probably won't pan out (just being realistic here). Not that I don't trust Dean's scouts and his drafting, where he is top notch. But no one is perfect

Closed Thread