HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

[Game 2] Bingo @ Crackchester | Octobeer 16th, 2012 | 7:05pm w/ stream

Old
10-17-2012, 02:39 PM
HappyDude
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabman0508 View Post
No. Never.
Bummer

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
You only get to brag about age if your team is clearly top-tier:
- "We're this good, AND we're one of the youngest teams in the league! Looking good for the future!"

Conversely, you are only allowed to complain about age if your team is balls-awful:
- "It hasn't been a good year, but it's a team full of rookies, there was bound to be some rough games this year. Hopefully they'll improve as they get more experience."

Those are the rules.

Funny and so true.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
Two games is way too early to judge, but its been a positive start. Lets see what happens when Cowen, Zib, Silf etc... are all back in the NHL.
So Lehner stops 65 of 67 shots, has a .971SA%, yet to find out if he is really good take away his best defenceman.

IMHO without Lehner the B-Sens would be 0 -2, that simple.

The kid is ready for the NHL right now, though circumstances may dictate he stays in the A this season.

Old
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
Two games is way too early to judge, but its been a positive start. Lets see what happens when Cowen, Zib, Silf etc... are all back in the NHL.
Agreed - would really like to see Lehner flourish but first I think Murray would like to see more consistency. Bingo wins the cup and points to Lehner as the MVP. Lehner has a 14-22 season and everyone says it's the team's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
So Lehner stops 65 of 67 shots, has a .971SA%, yet to find out if he is really good take away his best defenceman.

The kid is ready for the NHL right now, though circumstances may dictate he stays in the A this season.
Bishop is more than capable, and 6 more years experienced, of handling the #1 position in either Bingo or Ottawa.

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

Yeah you read it the way I did. If Lehner wants to be good, he needs a .950+ sv percentage on a ****** team.

Lehner came into camp with good vibes. He performed very well in camp and was lauded for doing so. And he's carried that into some strong games thus far.

Of course we'll have to watch this as time goes on....but so far so good to say the least.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 05:31 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
I was talking to someone over in Sweden and they said that Lehner is in the best physical and mental state they've ever seen in the past couple of months.

I am so happy, he has immense potential and he's quickly developing it faster than people thought, not to jinx it or anything.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Agreed - would really like to see Lehner flourish but first I think Murray would like to see more consistency. Bingo wins the cup and points to Lehner as the MVP. Lehner has a 14-22 season and everyone says it's the team's fault.
To say there was a difference in talent between the two teams would be an understatement.

From the team 2 years ago to last year you lose Greening, Locke for half the season, Condra, Daugavins, Poutulny for part, Keller, Benoit, D. Smith.

That is a large chunk of offense and defence.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 06:19 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
To say there was a difference in talent between the two teams would be an understatement.

From the team 2 years ago to last year you lose Greening, Locke for half the season, Condra, Daugavins, Poutulny for part, Keller, Benoit, D. Smith.

That is a large chunk of offense and defence.
Not to mention the Calder Cup team still just barely made the playoffs. (Albeit a good chunk of the team spent a portion of the time called up to Ottawa during the stretch run to the playoffs). Not to mention they went to Game 7 OT in the first round. In fact they went down 3-1 in the series, Lehner had to stop a penalty shot in OT in Game 5, and they won Games 5, 6 and 7 in OT.

They were a decent team that had a great run.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Not to mention the Calder Cup team still just barely made the playoffs. (Albeit a good chunk of the team spent a portion of the time called up to Ottawa during the stretch run to the playoffs). Not to mention they went to Game 7 OT in the first round. In fact they went down 3-1 in the series, Lehner had to stop a penalty shot in OT in Game 5, and they won Games 5, 6 and 7 in OT.

They were a decent team that had a great run.
The Calder cup team really benefited with the NHL call downs and the breaks went one way as well as the stars somehow aligned. Lehner also found his groove. It probably shouldn't have happened but it did so no one is complaining.
My big fear is that when the big boys get called up is there going to be enough scoring. That was the trouble last year. Many games were lost by one goal.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:

Bishop is more than capable, and 6 more years experienced, of handling the #1 position in either Bingo or Ottawa.
Your admitted bias is showing.

Old
10-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
The Calder cup team really benefited with the NHL call downs and the breaks went one way as well as the stars somehow aligned. Lehner also found his groove. It probably shouldn't have happened but it did so no one is complaining.
My big fear is that when the big boys get called up is there going to be enough scoring. That was the trouble last year. Many games were lost by one goal.
Giving up 67 shots in two games is as big a concern as scoring IMO, and if the NHL starts Cowen will be gone for sure.

The forwards concern me less, Bingo will only lose two at most as I see it.

Old
10-17-2012, 07:32 PM
We Want the Cup 2010

Quote:
Giving up 67 shots in two games is as big a concern as scoring IMO, and if the NHL starts Cowen will be gone for sure.

The forwards concern me less, Bingo will only lose two at most as I see it.
Every team will be losing their best players.

Rochester wouldn't have Foligno, Luke Adam, and Hodgson playing for them either, which will probably hurt them more than Bingo's losses to Ottawa.

We Want the Cup 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:

I still think he needs to work on his rebound control.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Disengage

Here's the highlights. Real barnburner. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Disengage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:31 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Your admitted bias is showing.
Nah, it's just that this forum suffers from groupthink. Everyone labeled Lehner the #1 before Anderson was even picked up and Lehner can do no wrong. That thinking has to stop and people need to be non-judgmental and evaluate him appropriately.

I like the remark about Bingo barely making it into the playoffs. Again, no one is bothering to consider the Lehner won the opening two series in game 7 in OT. I guess "barely" is only recognisable for everyone other than Lehner.

I'm not saying Lehner is not ready for a #1 position but I'm just waiting to see some consistency, that's all. I seriously hope he does well and I support him but I'm just not sold on him yet. Most (recent) AHL goalies that have won the MVP have gone on to great or at least decent careers so I'm hopeful.

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Mathieu

Quote:
Nah, it's just that this forum suffers from groupthink. Everyone labeled Lehner the #1 before Anderson was even picked up and Lehner can do no wrong. That thinking has to stop and people need to be non-judgmental and evaluate him appropriately.

I like the remark about Bingo barely making it into the playoffs. Again, no one is bothering to consider the Lehner won the opening two series in game 7 in OT. I guess "barely" is only recognisable for everyone other than Lehner.

I'm not saying Lehner is not ready for a #1 position but I'm just waiting to see some consistency, that's all. I seriously hope he does well and I support him but I'm just not sold on him yet. Most (recent) AHL goalies that have won the MVP have gone on to great or at least decent careers so I'm hopeful.
You obviously follow Bingo more than I do, but wasn't Lehner brought in after Bingo was arleady trailing 3-1 in the first serie ?

Also, the next three series all finished in less than 7 games.. not really sure what you're talking about.

Mathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disengage View Post

Zibanejad looks outstanding.

Cowen looks like he's getting more fluid with the puck. He could be quite the player in a couple years.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:46 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Zibanejad looks outstanding.
He looks really really good!

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:41 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post
You obviously follow Bingo more than I do, but wasn't Lehner brought in after Bingo was arleady trailing 3-1 in the first serie ?

Also, the next three series all finished in less than 7 games.. not really sure what you're talking about.
We were down 3 games to 1 against the Monarchs in the first round. We won in 6 against Portland and swept Charlotte. It also should be noted that we played 6 OT periods in the first round against Manchester.

In all honesty, Brust just ran out of gas in that first series after a season where he was relied on to win big games night after night. I remember a few 50 shot nights in there too. He also was playing with an injury that was kept quiet. Lehner needed to pick up the slack and he did.

Can we just move beyond all of this debating? I think Lehner needs an entire season down in the AHL too. He needs to be the "man" and own it. Last year, he laid an egg. Plain and simple. Granted the defense wasn't that great with three ECHL players playing everyday and a "vet" player who'd rather drop gloves than play hockey. However, team game or not, Lehner did not play well last year. I know a lot of fans will get up in arms, but I watched the guy, and yes I want him to succeed. Bottom line is he just didn't have it last year, or he chose to ride the wave of "I'll be in the NHL eventually".

It wasn't until Bishop came over that Lehner started to show signs of caring about his play. The first two games this year, he looks like a man on a mission. THAT is all I want to see from this kid. THAT is what I wanted to see him do last season.

Having some pressure in the form of a 6'7" beast like Bishop is going to drive Lehner to greatness. By far, the best move that Murray has made since he took over. Mark it down.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disengage View Post

Shoulda scored on that breakaway

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
We were down 3 games to 1 against the Monarchs in the first round. We won in 6 against Portland and swept Charlotte. It also should be noted that we played 6 OT periods in the first round against Manchester.

In all honesty, Brust just ran out of gas in that first series after a season where he was relied on to win big games night after night. I remember a few 50 shot nights in there too. He also was playing with an injury that was kept quiet. Lehner needed to pick up the slack and he did.

Can we just move beyond all of this debating? I think Lehner needs an entire season down in the AHL too. He needs to be the "man" and own it. Last year, he laid an egg. Plain and simple. Granted the defense wasn't that great with three ECHL players playing everyday and a "vet" player who'd rather drop gloves than play hockey. However, team game or not, Lehner did not play well last year. I know a lot of fans will get up in arms, but I watched the guy, and yes I want him to succeed. Bottom line is he just didn't have it last year, or he chose to ride the wave of "I'll be in the NHL eventually".

It wasn't until Bishop came over that Lehner started to show signs of caring about his play. The first two games this year, he looks like a man on a mission. THAT is all I want to see from this kid. THAT is what I wanted to see him do last season.

Having some pressure in the form of a 6'7" beast like Bishop is going to drive Lehner to greatness. By far, the best move that Murray has made since he took over. Mark it down.
There was a quote from Lehner over the summer (if I remember correctly) where he was saying that he didn't deal with last year correctly, and that he learnt a lot about what he needed to do.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 11:56 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
There was a quote from Lehner over the summer (if I remember correctly) where he was saying that he didn't deal with last year correctly, and that he learnt a lot about what he needed to do.
Yes, he knows he **** up. Everyone in Binghamton that goes to the games on a regular basis knows that too. The kid needed to mature a little. Everyone was practically anointing him as the next great goalie at the age of 19 after the Calder Cup. One thing Lehner was not a few years ago was humble, he thought his poo didn't stink. Getting shelled last year and trading for Bishop has seemed to humble Mr. Lehner a bit. It's beginning to show in the games now.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Yes, he knows he **** up. Everyone in Binghamton that goes to the games on a regular basis knows that too. The kid needed to mature a little. Everyone was practically anointing him as the next great goalie at the age of 19 after the Calder Cup. One thing Lehner was not a few years ago was humble, he thought his poo didn't stink. Getting shelled last year and trading for Bishop has seemed to humble Mr. Lehner a bit. It's beginning to show in the games now.
And maybe his poo just doesn't stink after all?

Hopefully.