HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
So what are his weaknesses? Apparently he's not soft or a perimeter player either and his offensive skill set looks pretty high end. Or maybe his skill isn't as high end as I think it is?
He actually does play a little soft along the boards for a winger and doesn't battle hard enough to recover the puck. Fortunately he doesn't play scared and will go to the dirty areas to score but definitely prefers to sneak in the back door and slither into deveioping passing lanes. He does have very good instincts and a quick and accurate release.

The has question with Bozon has always been how he will project in a pro style game without much of a physical side to his game and a lack of commitment to play both ends of the ice. Both problems are very correctable and he seems to be improving on last seasons effort which is always a positive sign.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:40 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
His weakness is that he's pretty much a jack of all trades and master of none.
Bang on, IMO.

His high-end offensive capabilities are questionable too. It seems more likely that he'll top out as a 3rd liner who can fill in occasionally on a 2nd line in the NHL.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Highlights from last night:

http://www.reddeerrebels.com/video/i...e7dd8d7073deed

Old
10-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Et le But

Quote:
So what are his weaknesses? Apparently he's not soft or a perimeter player either and his offensive skill set looks pretty high end. Or maybe his skill isn't as high end as I think it is?
From what I've seen he is something of a perimeter player, not one afraid of contact but not naturally committed to it either. Sounds like he's improving in this regard which is good to hear, but will need more strength for it.

Also while I don't think the dev camp told the whole story, his shot probably isn't as high end as Gally or Collbergs.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

I was at 2 of those 4 development camp sessions and have been going to a lot of those over the last 2 years...You have to understand that Galchenyuk's shot is the most powerful I have seen from one of our prospects. Collberg was a notch below, but still very impressive.

Any comparisons to their shots is a bit unfair.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:56 AM
pc_md

Quote:
Strangely, the trait he had most of his problems with in the dev. camp was his shot. You'd look at the camp and just feel that he didn't have that great of a shot. Then you compared it to Collberg and Gally and felt he had a pretty weak one. You then see some games and feel it's not that bad after all.
Quote:
Also while I don't think the dev camp told the whole story, his shot probably isn't as high end as Gally or Collbergs
I remember hearing an interview with Bozon just before the start of dev. camp where he says he did his summer training off the ice and that last time he put on his skates was before the draft. He was probably just a little bit rusty.

Galchenyuk participated in a few events during the summer and that might also explain the difference.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:11 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Pribyl has an assist in each of his last 3 games since injury.
I saw one game of his and was impressed although his skating needs a good bit of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
From what I saw at this year's Habs developpment camp, he stills needs to work on his skating.

Bur the hands and the potentiel are surely there.
Agreed, he seems to have the hands as he slid a nice pass to his linemate, but his skating looked slugish to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Do Bozon scores his goals only with his shot or it's more of a combination of being at the good spot and opportunistic ?
He seems to know where to be on the ice, I watched about half of last nights game and he covers a lot of ground quickly but also seems to be smart positionaly. Overall it helps that he's on a good team as I was really impressed with how well they played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Saw part of the game and Bozon was real good. Extremely fluid and smooth skater. He looks much bigger on the ice than most realize. He is a stocky and pretty large player. He covers a lot of ice. Last powerplay for the Blazers he was on the left point and making it look easy. Very slick and aware. Underrated vision. I think he has legitimate top six potential.
I thought he looked good as well, agreed on being fluid and smooth skater, but I didn't think he looks stocky, in fact i'd say he's got to fill out and improve both his upper and lower body strength. But at 18 it's to be expected, he'll have several years to work on this at least.

Quote:
He lacks strength and mass imo. Can't really speak to him being soft or not yet but he didn't appear to be overly physical (the only other time I saw him play was the CHL Top Prospects game last year and the stream from the development camp) It looked like he could get knocked off the puck easily but i'll have a better feel for him as the season goes on.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I was at 2 of those 4 development camp sessions and have been going to a lot of those over the last 2 years...You have to understand that Galchenyuk's shot is the most powerful I have seen from one of our prospects. Collberg was a notch below, but still very impressive.

Any comparisons to their shots is a bit unfair.
Like I said, BEFORE I compared it to Gally and Collberg's, I had already thought that his shot was rather weak. Not David Fischer's weak.....but weak nonetheless and especially from a supposed pure scorer. Not often crisp, not often precise. Then you compare it and find it extremely bad.....but that was not my main point. I thought Thrower's wrister was much better. Though Vail was a little better. Thought that a lot of people had a better wrister. So either he was not going at it full blast, either he had a wrist injury, either it was a bad day at work. 'Cause it does seem to me on the Web that it's much better. Still work to be done though.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Not our prospect, but Matt Dumba looked terrible in those highlights.

Old
10-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Mrb1p

You guy's have to understand that Bozon was a 3rd round pick.. He's a ''project player''.

He has pretty impressive abilities, he just need's to improve them.

Saying his highest potential is a 3rd liner is just not true. Wether or not he improves his ability should be the topic here. He could be a good 1st liner in 3-4 years. You never know. He's got a good body, and a good skillset to start with.

We've seen lesser skillset/genetics make it and be succesful in the NHL and be constant factor.

Gally was a 3rd overall pick and Collberg was considered to be a top 10 forward for this draft.

Last edited by Mrb1p: 10-17-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old
10-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You guy's have to understand that Bozon was a 3rd round pick.. He's a ''project player''.

He has pretty impressive abilities, he just need's to improve them.

Saying his highest potential is a 3rd liner is just not true. Wether or not he improves his ability should be the topic here. He could be a good 1st liner in 3-4 years. You never know. He's got a good body, and a good skillset to start with.

We've seen lesser skillset/genetics make it and be succesful in the NHL and be constant factor.

Gally was a 3rd round pick and Collberg was considered to be a top 10 forward for this draft.
Gallagher was a 5th rounder

Old
10-17-2012, 02:22 PM
NotProkofievian

Those were some nice goals from Bozon. He's just flat out dangerous in the O-zone.

Old
10-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Gallagher was a 5th rounder
I think he meant Galchenyuk 3rd Overall

Old
10-17-2012, 04:56 PM
EveryDay

Kamloops Saskatoon and Chicoutimi in action tonight.... We need some report!

Who's in?

Old
10-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Strangely, the trait he had most of his problems with in the dev. camp was his shot. You'd look at the camp and just feel that he didn't have that great of a shot. Then you compared it to Collberg and Gally and felt he had a pretty weak one. You then see some games and feel it's not that bad after all.
He is very instinctual in front of the crease. He gets the puck and his release is so quick. His goals are a product of good hockey sense, positioning, quick release and good accuracy. Steal in the 3rd round. He must have been next in line on every teams draft board from the 2nd round onwards.

Old
10-17-2012, 07:10 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
He is very instinctual in front of the crease. He gets the puck and his release is so quick. His goals are a product of good hockey sense, positioning, quick release and good accuracy. Steal in the 3rd round. He must have been next in line on every teams draft board from the 2nd round onwards.
Might we have drafted a Jordan Caron type of player in the third round?

Old
10-17-2012, 08:14 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Kamloops Saskatoon and Chicoutimi in action tonight.... We need some report!

Who's in?
Is Thrower still injured?

Old
10-17-2012, 08:18 PM
That

I love how adamant Bozon is at finishing his checks. I've never seen him knock someone over, but he tries and tries again. He took a run a Keegan Lowe and he just bounced off him. Bozon definitely needs to gain some strength.

And there's an assist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Is Thrower still injured?
No. He's serving the second game of a two-game suspension for a hit to the head. He'll back in the lineup Friday.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Thanks. Haydn Fleury....a 1996 born...just with those highlights, this kid will be something in due time....

Old
10-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Fleury did seem to have great skating ability and a smooth style.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Charlie Udon not playing tonight?

Old
10-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Charlie Udon not playing tonight?
Why do you say that? He is in the lineup. Just not having a big stat night.

Edit: Left the first after a hit to the head.....Didn't come back.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-17-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old
10-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Does Hudon have a previous concussion history?

I think he does, Huberdeau clocked him in the playoffs last year.

Not good if he's concussed again...

Old
10-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Charles Hudon du CH subit une commotion cérébrale sur un coup de coude à Baie-Comeau. Via @smorin123 #lhjmq
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...61826450427904

Looks like it's now confirmed..

Old
10-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Sweeney

**** injuries!

Closed Thread