HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - Edmonton

Old
10-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Bang on. I see him as more of a 5/6 stay at home dman. The kind that you dont have to worry about being a liability on the ice.
Right now, but he still has a lot of room to grow.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 11:14 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

vCash: 500
Good value but I think both teams want more look of their respective players and see how much potential they really have.

DennisReynolds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:39 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Bang on. I see him as more of a 5/6 stay at home dman. The kind that you dont have to worry about being a liability on the ice.
He's already that. Defensive prospects than can play NHL level defense and make their team better by being there but don't put many points are considered valueless around here while defensive prospects that make their team worse despite putting up a lot of points are lauded. If Tanev put up 30 more points and was responsible for 50 more goals against he'd be HF star. *any resemblance to any defensive prospect, living or dead, is purely coincidental*

Last edited by me2: 10-18-2012 at 01:43 AM.
me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
He's already that. Defensive prospects than can play NHL level defense and make their team better by being there but don't put many points around here are considered useless while defensive prospects that make their team worse despite putting up a lot of points are lauded. If Tanev put up 30 more points and was responsible for 50 more goals against he'd be HF star.
Are you talking about Jake Gardiner?

Tanev finished the year on the top shutdown pairing alongside Hamhuis and was on the ice for a grand total of zero even strength goals against in 14 games. That's impressive for anyone, let alone a guy without much pro experience that doesn't have NHL calibre strength yet.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 01:11 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Are you talking about Jake Gardiner?

Tanev finished the year on the top shutdown pairing alongside Hamhuis and was on the ice for a grand total of zero even strength goals against in 14 games. That's impressive for anyone, let alone a guy without much pro experience that doesn't have NHL calibre strength yet.
Not singling out anyone in particular, just random numbers for an example.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote