HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What's jarome iginlas value?

Old
10-18-2012, 12:03 AM
stryfe604

vCash: 500
l
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Thinking on Tampa Bay...

To TBL
Iginla
Glencross

To CGY
Purcell
Connolly
+

Malone/Stamkos/St.Louis
Glencross/Lecavalier/Iginla
Would never trade Purcell because of his chemistry with Stamkos and Vinny.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
Iggy would never never never go to Tampa. But if it were to happen I'd want Connolly, 1st and 2nd
Yet you make a trade proposal to send him to Vancouver?

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
That's actually a pretty tempting offer. It would have to be at the deadline though. I'd want to see if Kassian can play that role before giving up that much for Iginla now. Might have to change it for a 2nd then, but who knows?

Although I highly doubt Iginla would ever end up in Vancouver.
I know it's all hypotheticals, and I agree that it's highly unlikely (boarder line impossible) but...

it's laughable that "it might have to be a 2nd". If anything you would have to throw in a 2nd. Raymond has no value... so Iginla for Eddie Lack and a 2nd?

Old
10-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I know it's all hypotheticals, and I agree that it's highly unlikely (boarder line impossible) but...

it's laughable that "it might have to be a 2nd". If anything you would have to throw in a 2nd. Raymond has no value... so Iginla for Eddie Lack and a 2nd?
As a deadline deal, a top 5 goalie prospect + 2nd + decent tweener? Look at the responses so far, it's either good prospect + 2nd or 1st + B prospect.

Iginla's value isn't that high, he'd be a rental for only a couple of months.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 02:09 AM
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle

vCash: 883
Quote:
How about Eddie lack, Raymond , and a 1st
If the lockout wasn't poised to send the Canucks straight into a Blackhawksesque Capocalypse, I'd say hell yes to this very easily (assuming this was serious).

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Seth Rollins
Sierra, Hotel, India

Quote:
Iggy would never never never go to Tampa.
Why wouldn't he?

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 03:04 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Lets suppose the year is gone due to the lockout. At age 36 what would Iginla's value be . What would the flames be able to get in return ?
I'd say an identical return to what Joe Nieuwendyk got for the Flames. Take that how you will in all its irony

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
Why wouldn't he?
And that's the bottom line...cuz stone food flamester said so!

Old
10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
As a deadline deal, a top 5 goalie prospect + 2nd + decent tweener? Look at the responses so far, it's either good prospect + 2nd or 1st + B prospect.

Iginla's value isn't that high, he'd be a rental for only a couple of months.
Tomas Kaberle

Joe Colborne (good prospect, better at the time) + 1st + conditional 2nd round pick.

I'm sorry, but Jarome Iginla can/will make a good team reallly good. If he's available there will be a bidding war. Calgary is not unreasonable to expect the same/more than Kaberle deal...

Old
10-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Tomas Kaberle

Joe Colborne (good prospect, better at the time) + 1st + conditional 2nd round pick.

I'm sorry, but Jarome Iginla can/will make a good team reallly good. If he's available there will be a bidding war. Calgary is not unreasonable to expect the same/more than Kaberle deal...
Agreed, but having said that I think it would be foolish to expect a proven top 6 player to come back (you didn't say that, but many flames fans have insisted over the last 2 years) but if beauchemin can return Gardiner than iggy will do just fine

Old
10-18-2012, 12:37 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Tomas Kaberle

This. The thing about Iginla is that he will undoubtedly create a bidding war when made available (I think it's a case of "when", not "if").

The list of teams that would likely want Iginla's services all have a wealth of assets they could move without subtracting from their current rosters, and they'd likely bid each other up. Boston, Pittsburgh and LA will likely all be in on Iginla come the trade deadline - and it's for good reason - Iginla on any one of those teams would be a truly remarkable sight and I can't help but want to see Iginla end up with any one of those teams, he'd fit them all very well and help them a great deal.

I'd love to see Andy Ference and Jarome Iginla raise the cup together.

...it must be nice for such good teams to be so "rich" asset wise

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
The Iginla ship sailed after 2010. Now he won't command nearly enough for Flame fans to justify the trade. Perhaps, the only exception is if he has another 30-40 goal season but the Flames are out of a playoff hunt by the deadline.

Quote:
How about Eddie lack, Raymond , and a 1st
Seriously? Can I drive them to the airport once we have a CBA?

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Tomas Kaberle

Kaberle was also 4 years younger at the time of the trade. And Boston got hosed. But basically Lack = Colborne, Raymond > conditional 2nd, and 1st/2nd =/< 1st.

So it's not that far off, despite Kaberle being younger(although Iginla is better). Iginla is also a lot more expensive, too.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Flamester

Yea just because he can win in Vancouver , Tampa is no where near a Stanley cup contender. Bottom line is if iggy gets traded it will be a team that are Stanley cup favorites ex penguins, flyers, rangers , Blackhawks , kings , or canaucks

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 05:37 PM
nogger
Former 4th liner

Iggy will retire as a flame.

Maybe i'm optimistic, but I can see the Flames having an above average season and making the playoffs. Our whole roster is changed, maybe everything will click like the Panthers did this year, and make Iggy want to stay.

Who knows. I hope so though, Iginla despite his age has to be one of the best conditioned players and even better leader in the league.

nogger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Kaberle was also 4 years younger at the time of the trade. And Boston got hosed. But basically Lack = Colborne, Raymond > conditional 2nd, and 1st/2nd =/< 1st.

So it's not that far off, despite Kaberle being younger(although Iginla is better). Iginla is also a lot more expensive, too.
4years younger? OMG HF posters put such a high price tag on age. Kaberle was a rental. Iginla might be one too. Yes he's older, but how many years straight has he scored 30+ goals?

I don't expect the moon for Iginla, but I know he will get equal to/or greater than the Kaberle deal.

Old
10-18-2012, 05:42 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Would love him in L.A, a place he would have a great shot at the cup.

L.A has enough depth to offer a nice package. Salary would have to be moved by L.A and we woul be overloaded at RW so I would propose:

Iginla and Karlsson

For

Williams, Bernier, Richardson and Loktionov

Reason

Iggy on a line with Kopitar and Brown could be devastating
Karlsson is good enough to backup workhorse Quick until Jones is ready in a year or two

Williams is a 50 to 60 point player replacing some of Iggy's offense and is finally healthy
Bernier can team with Irving to replace Kipper if Calgary does rebuild
Loktionov needs a chance to play a bigger role, people will actually notice him as he lights up the AHL during lockout. Plays center, and is turning into a ready roster player quickly.
Richardson is a speedy utility bottom 6 guy that plays all 3 forward positions. Has some skill, lots of determination. If Calgary needs more, Clifford would be a great substitute for Richardson and Calgary fans would love him.

Of course this is all hypothetical and if Iggy was traded I would believe it would be near the deadline with Calgary out.

If traded at season start I would guess ownership embraces a rebuild and Kipper is gone as well. Kipper to T.O may net a roster player, prospect and pick as well.

Either way can't see it happening, just would like to see L.A load up on a cup hungry offensive winger that fits their style - Iggy fits to a T. I would also like to see Calgary rebuild while it still has two great pieces to start it.
Bernier + Williams is a good start, don't need Richardson and Loktionov looks to be another Backlund.

What about Toffoli instead?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote