HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens Lounge XLVIII | Turkey Day Takeover 1st Anniversary | Trifarce/Triforce Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2012, 08:15 AM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Well... I got my Machiavelli/The Prince part of my essay done... now to find stuff on Hobbes and Leviathan.......
Just remember that man is the worst kind of thing in the world, ever, and everything should exist to **** with their freedom.

10-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Just remember that man is the worst kind of thing in the world, ever, and everything should exist to **** with their freedom.
Yea... his metaphors of the artificial person and that it is state in it's entirety is quite a trippy explanation of sovereign authority im having a hard to writing this part lol.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Did you break up recently? I broke up with my GF this summer (had been together for close to 4 years) and had the same feeling at first. But fight through it because obviously it's not her you want.

Now it's looking like it's the best thing that could of happened to me. Never would of thought that at first
Yeah, just under 2 weeks ago... We'd been together just over 21 months but it was slowly coming to an end... We had a few arguments, and seemed to lose that spark that we once had...

I dunno about her not being who I want... I thought she was the one... Today I've had a massively depressed day where I've missed her like crazy... I saw her just before she popped off to see her mates in Reading for a long weekend and I wanted to say sorry for being a dick last night... She hugged me goodbye, and I knew that as soon as that happened - I wanted her back... I stupidly decided to kiss her on the cheek, dunno why :/

I just don't have anything to take my mind off her... She says she wants to be single, to discover herself... Yet all I think of is her... I just can't seem to move on from her... She screwed me over so much at times, yet I suppose you don't really realise what you had until it's gone?

I've got this massive plan in my head, to try and start off slow and perhaps see if I can get her back into my life... Take her out for a dinner a few times over the next month, see if that goes ok and perhaps see her a bit more... Hopefully we can get that spark back, and maybe I'll get her back... It's crazy how bad I want her back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
In my experience I've burned myself every time. I dated a wicked hot girl from Plattsburgh that I met online, had the most unbelievable sex ever, but I felt I was destined for something better. Then I dated a nurse who was sexually freaky as hell and mentally stimulating in every sense of the phrase, but she was overweight so again I decided I was destined for something greater.

My most recent gf broke up w/ me because now I'm the fat ass. I'm pretty much screwed.

My first gf got hooked up right after me and has been w/ the same guy ever since. She contacts me once every couple of years...a chance facebook msg, a missed direct tweet that I don't see till 4 months later...I think she's just kicking the tires in case she finds herself single. The nurse gf hooked up and has a baby w/ a guy that doesn't really treat her like a loved wife but at least he's settled with her instead of rejecting her when she told him she loves him.

I guess every case is different, but good luck to you. I didn't have any.
Ahh that sounds pretty rubbish... If I'm perfectly honest, I miss the sex too One thing I noticed in my relationship though, we had sex all the time - Relationship goes great... Don't have it so much - Relationship is a bit rocky... Wait 3 weeks at a time for it - We're over... It pisses me off... Worst thing is, in the last week of us being together, I saw her for half an hour... The time before that, we spent all day together and at the end of the night goes batsh** crazy at her parents and everyone... I couldn't even kiss her properly cause she had a throat infection either :/ I just wish I had one last day, of all the nice things we could do...

Anyway, enough of my depressing life...

Old
10-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
After reading last night's summary, I'd also like to point out that I headed back to the room BECAUSE I knew that people were going into trouble.

It was a calculated risk to leave and potentially miss out on a lot more fun, but luckily (well it still sucks for Silf), I ended up making the right decision.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Hey lounge. How is everyone today?

Old
10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
After reading last night's summary, I'd also like to point out that I headed back to the room BECAUSE I knew that people were going into trouble.

It was a calculated risk to leave and potentially miss out on a lot more fun, but luckily (well it still sucks for Silf), I ended up making the right decision.
You've been the bigger man.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Poor Silf

Old
10-18-2012, 11:26 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabman0508 View Post
Hey lounge. How is everyone today?
Hey Saab.

Still feeling under the weather.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Saabman0508

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Hey Saab.

Still feeling under the weather.
That was me yesterday. It was the first time in my life that my missing school interfered with a deadline too. Luckily my prof is awesome and everything is straightened out now.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

I can't afford to miss school. But I can afford missing my English classes.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Saabman0508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patvolcom65 View Post
Contradictive, but it still makes sense. Well done Pat.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Yeah, just under 2 weeks ago... We'd been together just over 21 months but it was slowly coming to an end... We had a few arguments, and seemed to lose that spark that we once had...

I dunno about her not being who I want... I thought she was the one... Today I've had a massively depressed day where I've missed her like crazy... I saw her just before she popped off to see her mates in Reading for a long weekend and I wanted to say sorry for being a dick last night... She hugged me goodbye, and I knew that as soon as that happened - I wanted her back... I stupidly decided to kiss her on the cheek, dunno why :/

I just don't have anything to take my mind off her... She says she wants to be single, to discover herself... Yet all I think of is her... I just can't seem to move on from her... She screwed me over so much at times, yet I suppose you don't really realise what you had until it's gone?

I've got this massive plan in my head, to try and start off slow and perhaps see if I can get her back into my life... Take her out for a dinner a few times over the next month, see if that goes ok and perhaps see her a bit more... Hopefully we can get that spark back, and maybe I'll get her back... It's crazy how bad I want her back

Ahh that sounds pretty rubbish... If I'm perfectly honest, I miss the sex too One thing I noticed in my relationship though, we had sex all the time - Relationship goes great... Don't have it so much - Relationship is a bit rocky... Wait 3 weeks at a time for it - We're over... It pisses me off... Worst thing is, in the last week of us being together, I saw her for half an hour... The time before that, we spent all day together and at the end of the night goes batsh** crazy at her parents and everyone... I couldn't even kiss her properly cause she had a throat infection either :/ I just wish I had one last day, of all the nice things we could do...

Stop overthinking damnit.

10-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Beville

That really sucks.

There's no saying what you're doing is wrong if that's really what your heart feels. It knows what's best, but just make sure it's her your missing and not relationships in general.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Honestly.. as soon as you saw them breaking **** you should have left... That was really dumb on your part and it obviously wasn't worth it.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Deku Scrub
Hey Scotty...

vCash: 3900
Yay for shortened school days! Time to start putting my montage together.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Saabman0508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Yay for shortened school days! Time to start putting my montage together.
Oh god I miss those days. I have class until 5:30 today.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Ooh Silf, you dum dum.

How conceable are those lsdr cameras? If I were to slap that bad boy next to my bull ****, (which is already considerable in size and scope) would I be able to sneak it into places, say a concert?

Old
10-18-2012, 12:26 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
One thing I noticed in my relationship though, we had sex all the time - Relationship goes great... Don't have it so much - Relationship is a bit rocky... Wait 3 weeks at a time for it - We're over...
So unbelievably true. Didn't even realise it till you said it.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:31 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patvolcom65 View Post
You can always find time to miss English!

I meen, wen dose it evar come in hindy

Old
10-18-2012, 01:11 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Stop overthinking damnit.
The most impossible, and improbable thing to do when suffering from heartbreak. Your mind can't stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Honestly.. as soon as you saw them breaking **** you should have left... That was really dumb on your part and it obviously wasn't worth it.
Well, I knew that then too. It's looking like very little may happen to me, but we'll see. I decided to go have some fun and I didn't expect that tom-foolery to last the whole time. Oh well. What's done is done. We'll see what comes of it.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:20 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:

Sounds like my breakup. Wait it out, take a step back for a couple of weeks. Trust me, it's not easy but it's what it takes. I've been there and it sucks ass. You think there's potential but you guys broke up for a reason.

Best thing to do is to avoid contact for a while as much as it can be tough. It took me over 2 months to realize it wasn't her I wanted, it was a relationship (having someone to talk to, etc). It's after you take a step back that you can realise why you guys broke up in the first place.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:33 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
Ooh Silf, you dum dum.

How conceable are those lsdr cameras? If I were to slap that bad boy next to my bull ****, (which is already considerable in size and scope) would I be able to sneak it into places, say a concert?
Your bull what? The entry level ones aren't that big. You obviously have to detach the lens from the body while sneaking in. But it's doable, my friend has one and sneaks it into concerts most of the time.

It depends on what you want your camera to do, what you'll be using it for, etc. For example, with DSLR's you can focus/zoom manually.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:35 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Your bull what? The entry level ones aren't that big. You obviously have to detach the lens from the body while sneaking in. But it's doable, my friend has one and sneaks it into concerts most of the time.

It depends on what you want your camera to do, what you'll be using it for, etc. For example, with DSLR's you can focus/zoom manually.
Starts with a 'c', rhymes with rock, and in this particular case, is constructed entirely of hyperbole.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:42 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Starts with a 'c', rhymes with rock, and in this particular case, is constructed entirely of hyperbole.
haha wow, how did I not get that. In that case no, you wouldn't be able to sneak it down there lol

Old
10-18-2012, 02:13 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

I'm baaack!!

Silf: That sucks. Hopefully nothing major comes from it.

Beville: If you want her back, go try to get her back. If you wait a little longer, you may find that she really isn't the best thing.. Sex might be though.

Closed Thread