HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2012, 09:05 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Where did I say I accepted the performances? London, OS, and Guelph were putrid performances, regardless of how much more talent the other teams had compared to Windsor. The opposition talent has no bearing on the Spitfires effort, or lack thereof. The Niagara game wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be and we almost had them, save for the shoot-out. The entire point I'm trying to make here (I almost forgot it, too) was DeKort has played well and had reasonable-to-good defence in front of him, while Pavelka has played well, but has had non-existent-to-good defence in front of him. That's why it has nothing to do with who's a fan favourite or not.
The opposition talent has no bearing on the Spits effort but the opposition can have a big effect on how the Spitfires look. You say the Spits almost had Niagara but they didn't and they lost. I don't think DeKort had good D in front of him for the Niagara game I counted at least 15-20 very good scoring chances for the Dogs. That's no way to win hockey games.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:01 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
The opposition talent has no bearing on the Spits effort but the opposition can have a big effect on how the Spitfires look. You say the Spits almost had Niagara but they didn't and they lost. I don't think DeKort had good D in front of him for the Niagara game I counted at least 15-20 very good scoring chances for the Dogs. That's no way to win hockey games.
I said in his two games, DeKort has had reasonable-to-good defence. Mississauga was good, Niagara was reasonable.

Just because a team doesn't win doesn't mean they didn't play well. They played better than the games against OS, Guelph, and London. While OS and London are overall better than Windsor, Guelph isn't, but the Spitfires were just completely out-of-sync in those three games. I'm not sure they could have beat LaSalle.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:25 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I said in his two games, DeKort has had reasonable-to-good defence. Mississauga was good, Niagara was reasonable.

Just because a team doesn't win doesn't mean they didn't play well. They played better than the games against OS, Guelph, and London. While OS and London are overall better than Windsor, Guelph isn't, but the Spitfires were just completely out-of-sync in those three games. I'm not sure they could have beat LaSalle.
What makes you think Guelph isn't better than Windsor? They finished ahead of Windsor last year, won more playoff games, won the season series 3-1 and outscored them 16-9 and now this year they lost 5-0. In their last 4 losses to Guelph they have been outscored 21-4. Seems to me that's domination and a Guelph team that is better overall compared to Windsor.

Old
10-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Zippy316

Figured this is the place to ask.

Anyone know where I can find a Henrique Spitfires jersey? I want to get another jersey, but I want it to be different, not just a Henrique Devils jersey. Henrique is my best bet both now and in the long term.

Old
10-17-2012, 07:48 PM
etr102

http://www.spitsgear.com/ Would probably be your best bet to get the jersey, though I don't think you can order them lettered online.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr102 View Post
http://www.spitsgear.com/ Would probably be your best bet to get the jersey, though I don't think you can order them lettered online.
Do you know if there is anywhere where I can get the lettering added on?

Old
10-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Pony

Just a quick question Spits fans, but how is Brandon Devlin playing?

Old
10-18-2012, 04:55 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Do you know if there is anywhere where I can get the lettering added on?
This is the best place to go to..
http://www.bobreaumesports.com/

Its reasonably priced and his store is on tecumseh road east..The address should be on his website.

Old
10-18-2012, 05:03 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
Just a quick question Spits fans, but how is Brandon Devlin playing?
Currently he is listed as our 7th defencemen on our roster I believe. He gets healthy scratched and swapped with either Bateman or Bowen. We currently have 2 players that I would consider Rookies (mcnaughton/Sandivo) that have taken a spot from him. He's soft defencively, his decision making is poor at best.. The only good thing he has is a good shot and it makes it through to the net. He'll be traded in a package this year since I'm sure Rychel wouldn't want to loose him for nothing considering what he paided for him..

Old
10-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Spitsfan67*

Prediction Windsor 5-3 Ice Dogs.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:35 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Prediction Windsor 5-3 Ice Dogs.
Wrong opponent

Try again lol

Old
10-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Wrong opponent

Try again lol
Lol Well I obviosly ment Erie, just got mixed up.

Old
10-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
This is the best place to go to..
http://www.bobreaumesports.com/

Its reasonably priced and his store is on tecumseh road east..The address should be on his website.
Do you know if they deliver to US?

I live in NJ, there's virtually no chance I could get up there to buy a jersey, that's probably my best bet at a Henrique jersey, and he'd likely know where to get one or be able to make one, if he doesn't already have one.

Old
10-18-2012, 03:16 PM
NHL Fanatic

3-2 Windsor prediction

Old
10-18-2012, 03:35 PM
mstrninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Do you know if they deliver to US?

I live in NJ, there's virtually no chance I could get up there to buy a jersey, that's probably my best bet at a Henrique jersey, and he'd likely know where to get one or be able to make one, if he doesn't already have one.

Bob is a good guy, I don't see why he wouldn't ship the Jersey to you. I'd give him a call and ask. TOLL FREE: 1-888-697-3910

Old
10-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrninja View Post
Bob is a good guy, I don't see why he wouldn't ship the Jersey to you. I'd give him a call and ask. TOLL FREE: 1-888-697-3910
I'll get my dad to do it as a Christmas present.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:50 PM
OHLFan8771

I watched the game tonight on livestream and it seemed like it would have been a good game to be at. Some good saves, hits, fights, and all three goals looked like nice plays.

The Sieloff hit I would like to get other peoples opinions, a bit of a controversial call giving the Spits 7 minutes of PP. It was tough to tell on the feed but the hit seemed to be shoulder to shoulder but could have been a charge, like I said it was tough to tell.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I watched the game tonight on livestream and it seemed like it would have been a good game to be at. Some good saves, hits, fights, and all three goals looked like nice plays.

The Sieloff hit I would like to get other peoples opinions, a bit of a controversial call giving the Spits 7 minutes of PP. It was tough to tell on the feed but the hit seemed to be shoulder to shoulder but could have been a charge, like I said it was tough to tell.
Clean I have Season tickets and was at the game and the kid got the puck and his head was looking down and I saw it coming...That's what I call an NHL hit right there and obviously someone has to start fighting, But I'm finally happy there was not a call... Good win lets put er behind us and focus on a win in Brampton.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:40 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Clean I have Season tickets and was at the game and the kid got the puck and his head was looking down and I saw it coming...That's what I call an NHL hit right there and obviously someone has to start fighting, But I'm finally happy there was not a call... Good win lets put er behind us and focus on a win in Brampton.
Ya I am a huge Otters fan but what I saw it looked to be a clean hit. Unfortunate for Pelech that he is done for the weekend now. I will never fault a player for standing up for a teammate, but perhaps it would have been better if he waited for Sieloff to get up and then asked him to go. If he does that the seven minute PP would be void and I think Erie ends up winning this game as they seemingly outplayed the Spits for most of the game.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Ya I am a huge Otters fan but what I saw it looked to be a clean hit. Unfortunate for Pelech that he is done for the weekend now. I will never fault a player for standing up for a teammate, but perhaps it would have been better if he waited for Sieloff to get up and then asked him to go. If he does that the seven minute PP would be void and I think Erie ends up winning this game as they seemingly outplayed the Spits for most of the game.
Spits dominated from start to finish shots were 47-27 ONLY reason for spits not getting 5 or 6 was because Dansk literally stood on his head.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:12 PM
JSavoire

Quote:

I watched the game and that was textbook Charging. Could easily been a major especially since he did leave his feet. I did however not see any contact to the head.There should've been a 2 minute on that for sure if only due to the fact that he left his feet and you want a clear message that that's not okay.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:14 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Spits dominated from start to finish shots were 47-27 ONLY reason for spits not getting 5 or 6 was because Dansk literally stood on his head.
I did not have the best feed or volume but based on what I saw yes Dansk did play well but a lot of those shots were not from the best angle, the two goals were both nice plays and certainly not Dansk's fault. A lot of those shots came from the 7 minute PP as well. I think Erie outplayed them in the first, Spits outplayed them in the second and score on the long PP, come into the 3rd score again on the same PP, but after that Erie seemed to have the better chances in the last 10 minutes or so as well.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:17 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I watched the game and that was textbook Charging. Could easily been a major especially since he did leave his feet. I did however not see any contact to the head.There should've been a 2 minute on that for sure if only due to the fact that he left his feet and you want a clear message that that's not okay.
Ya I see your point the hit was not to the head but I thought he may have left his feet but did not know enough to really dispute it. He looked like he took quite a few strides going into the hit as well. I think its just one of those hits, some will say clean and others will say should have been a charging penalty.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:33 PM
dereksutton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
Currently he is listed as our 7th defencemen on our roster I believe. He gets healthy scratched and swapped with either Bateman or Bowen. We currently have 2 players that I would consider Rookies (mcnaughton/Sandivo) that have taken a spot from him. He's soft defencively, his decision making is poor at best.. The only good thing he has is a good shot and it makes it through to the net. He'll be traded in a package this year since I'm sure Rychel wouldn't want to loose him for nothing considering what he paided for him..
Do you actually watch games??? Devlin not only plays a regular shift but he does it with Sieloff. He's easily in the top four. I don't recall him being healthy scratched at all this year.

Now if you want to say he's our 7th best defencemen on the roster, I wouldn't debate that too much. He battles but he always seems to take a silly penalty. Much like McNaughton, probably plays more than he should.

Tonight, McNaughton and Bateman rotated between 6th and 7th defensemen alternating shifts with Sandvido.

I do like the fact Sandvido gets solid playing time on the third pairing and even PK's too. Always plays within himself and likely to make the safe play rather than the spectacular one. I'm looking forward to seeing where he's at by the end of the year.

Last edited by dereksutton9: 10-18-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old
10-18-2012, 10:52 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Ya I see your point the hit was not to the head but I thought he may have left his feet but did not know enough to really dispute it. He looked like he took quite a few strides going into the hit as well. I think its just one of those hits, some will say clean and others will say should have been a charging penalty.
We've all seen instances where Refs have made that a call if only even for the fact that he took quite a few strides and skated right through him with the hit. He didn't slow down or glide a ways and distribute the hit. The purpose of the charging penalty was to ensure players weren't skating the length of the rink and putting the other players into the stands...lol. Good to see no visible injury on the play though.

Closed Thread