HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2012, 04:51 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Patrice Brisebois in Saskatoon last night and today. Watched Dietz last night and was on the ice with the whole team at practice today.

Old
10-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Or he just wants to help him develop some part pf his game.
Yeah that's what I was thinking

Old
10-18-2012, 05:01 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Thrower's antics have been noticed by the Hab's brass.
drama queen

Old
10-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Impressed to see Brisebois being implicated to a point to go on the ice with the kids. Surely mainly for our kids, but also other kids benefitted from that.

Makes me also believe that if our brass keep doing it....we might have a certain advantage in signing overagers for example that they might have seen up close and keep contact with.

Old
10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
neil2005

On the same subject Marc Bergevin is in Sarnia tonight to watch Galchenyuk play against Steelheads
Brendan ® ‏@RossyYoungblood

#Habs GM Marc Bergevin is in the building taking a look at Alex Galchenyuk

Old
10-18-2012, 05:43 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Impressed to see Brisebois being implicated to a point to go on the ice with the kids. Surely mainly for our kids, but also other kids benefitted from that.

Makes me also believe that if our brass keep doing it....we might have a certain advantage in signing overagers for example that they might have seen up close and keep contact with.
I was going to ask those who follow the junior players more often than I how common it is for an NHL team's representative to actually skate with a junior team during practice. Didn't seem like it was that common an occurrence.

Old
10-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I was going to ask those who follow the junior players more often than I how common it is for an NHL team's representative to actually skate with a junior team during practice. Didn't seem like it was that common an occurrence.
I've seen it in a few occasions. Can't say I witnessed it a lot first hand though. I don't follow practices that much.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Vail with an assist. Archambault with a goal.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
But, hitting a guy in the head when he's not looking, that's the epitome of courage and manliness.
Lol a guy named Walt Whitman lecturing about manliness.

Walt - your little attack quip complete with smiley face that has become so popular isn't appropriate here. If a player has the puck and has his head down, he's always been fair game. Checking is still allowed... For now. Maybe learn the game before posting?

Old
10-18-2012, 08:36 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil2005 View Post
On the same subject Marc Bergevin is in Sarnia tonight to watch Galchenyuk play against Steelheads
Brendan ® ‏@RossyYoungblood

#Habs GM Marc Bergevin is in the building taking a look at Alex Galchenyuk
Galchenyuk's lack of antics have been noticed by the Hab's brass.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Beendair Donedat

Still think that Dietz is going to be our "diamond in the rough" from the WHL. He seems very composed and steady. You can't beat those steady WHL defenseman. Hopefully his game keeps progressing.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:50 PM
That

I forgot to post this last night. I thought I did for some reason

Dietz:

Looked really solid out there. He made maybe 4 end to end rushes, including one where he got a breakaway . He led the rush multiple times too, he has a ton of confidence with the puck currently. With that said, he's offensive game is mostly noticeable on the PP. He can be the QB or the shooter, he's very versatile that way.

Defensively he looked really good, he used his speed to shake the forechecker multiple times. He looked really really fast. He also looked very strong out there. He was great.

Bozon:

He was fantastic in the first. Had a nice assist and was really playing with a ton of energy. In the second he quieted down a bit, but still had some nice plays. I didn't even notice him in the third.

The line Bozon - Smith - Lipon is awesome. They forecheck relentlessly, finish all their checks (some better than others) and get in the opponents face. I noticed Bozon tried to run Keegan Lowe over 3 times. The first time it was clearly a charge, but it doesn't matter because Bozon just bounced off him. The second time Bozon pinned him up against the boards, and the third time he bounced off him again. He really needs to gain strength.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:55 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

Dietz:

Looked really solid out there. He made maybe 4 end to end rushes, including one where he got a breakaway . He led the rush multiple times too, he has a ton of confidence with the puck currently. With that said, he's offensive game is mostly noticeable on the PP. He can be the QB or the shooter, he's very versatile that way.

Defensively he looked really good, he used his speed to shake the forechecker multiple times. He looked really really fast. He also looked very strong out there. He was great.

Bozon:

Thx
He was fantastic in the first. Had a nice assist and was really playing with a ton of energy. In the second he quieted down a bit, but still had some nice plays. I didn't even notice him in the third.

The line Bozon - Smith - Lipon is awesome. They forecheck relentlessly, finish all their checks (some better than others) and get in the opponents face. I noticed Bozon tried to run Keegan Lowe over 3 times. The first time it was clearly a charge, but it doesn't matter because Bozon just bounced off him. The second time Bozon pinned him up against the boards, and the third time he bounced off him again. He really needs to gain strength.
Thx for your report, much appreciated..

Old
10-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

Dietz:

Bozon:

Every times I've watched Dietz, he was exactly what you said. That's why I love him so much... I think he could really really be one of our best defenseman one day.

Would you say Bozon looked tired?

Old
10-18-2012, 09:54 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Thrower's antics have been noticed by the Hab's brass.
They noticed them a long time ago, hence the draft pick.

Old
10-19-2012, 01:37 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Patrice Brisebois in Saskatoon last night and today. Watched Dietz last night and was on the ice with the whole team at practice today.
Negotiating a trade for Thrower to play in Quebec for Chicoutimi,this way they solve two problems.Get Thrower out of a bad situation and have him play with Hudon on PP and as enforcer to keep players from cheap shots on a great little forward.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:19 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Negotiating a trade for Thrower to play in Quebec for Chicoutimi,this way they solve two problems.Get Thrower out of a bad situation and have him play with Hudon on PP and as enforcer to keep players from cheap shots on a great little forward.
I didn't follow te subject; what's going on with Thrower? Did he made something wrong?

Old
10-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I didn't follow te subject; what's going on with Thrower? Did he made something wrong?
2 game suspension by the team for reasons unknown, apparently it was for something that went on off the ice.

2 game suspension by league for questionable hit.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:27 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Still think that Dietz is going to be our "diamond in the rough" from the WHL. He seems very composed and steady. You can't beat those steady WHL defenseman. Hopefully his game keeps progressing.
Every time i've seen Dietz i've been impressed, really looking forward to watching him in Hamilton next year. Agreed with the diamond in the rough, think he could end up being a solid bottom pairing type down the road, the kind that can do just about everything well. Looks like another interesting 5th round pick by Timmins.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:43 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Every time i've seen Dietz i've been impressed, really looking forward to watching him in Hamilton next year. Agreed with the diamond in the rough, think he could end up being a solid bottom pairing type down the road, the kind that can do just about everything well. Looks like another interesting 5th round pick by Timmins.
Agreed. In the last 3 years they add Gallagher Dietz and Hudon, sounds very good to me!

Old
10-19-2012, 10:12 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
2 game suspension by the team for reasons unknown, apparently it was for something that went on off the ice.

2 game suspension by league for questionable hit.
Thanks

Old
10-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

That Patrick Caisse guy claims Hudon has not been yet diagnosed with a concussion and won't play tonight for precautionary reasons. The guy who hit him got a 5 game suspension.

Patrick Caisse ‏@PatrickCaisse
Charles Hudon n'a pas reçu de diagnostic de commotion cérébrale. Il ne jouera pas ce soir par mesure de prévention #Sags #Habs #LHJMQ

Old
10-19-2012, 04:22 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That Patrick Caisse guy claims Hudon has not been yet diagnosed with a concussion and won't play tonight for precautionary reasons. The guy who hit him got a 5 game suspension.

Patrick Caisse ‏@PatrickCaisse
Charles Hudon n'a pas reçu de diagnostic de commotion cérébrale. Il ne jouera pas ce soir par mesure de prévention #Sags #Habs #LHJMQ
Wow Bonne nouvelles!

Old
10-19-2012, 04:29 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Not confirmed. Don't get excited.

Old
10-19-2012, 04:40 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Better than confirmation that he has one. Great news in my book. Love hudon.

Closed Thread