HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Autumn Thunder: Standing On the Shoulders of Giants

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2012, 09:20 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

vCash: 500
Verlander is one of a kind probably. I mean the Yankees offense is historically bad right now, but they're still the Yankees and they're not even making it difficult for him.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:14 PM
DJ Spinoza

Yeah, he's definitely one of a kind, but Cole profiles as a very similar type of pitcher. As my friend on twitter said, in response to whygavs initially making the wish, if Cole did become Verlander, an airplane would probably malfunction and drop its engine on his house.

The Tigers are only sort of tolerable to root for. I'm pretty sure I hate the Cardinals more than anything, but I kind of want them to win so I can root harder for the Tigers in the World Series.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
This is how I want the draft to go, yes, I'm already talking about the draft. Considering we go 6-10 and pick between 11-13.

1. Manti Te'o (ILB)
2. John Simon (DE)
3. Matt Elam (S)
4. Desmond Trufant (CB)
5. defense
6. defense
7. defense
Te'o was just on radio with Jim Rome. What in incredible kid. He and Troy are cut from the same cloth.

Old
10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Te'o was just on radio with Jim Rome. What in incredible kid. He and Troy are cut from the same cloth.
Te'o exactly reminds me of Troy when it comes character. He's a perfect mentor for Te'o if we draft him.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:21 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Braxton 4 Heisman

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
10-18-2012, 12:24 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Braxton 4 Heisman

He would be a good heisman candidate, if he could throw the ball with more accuracy. I think Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, or De'Anthony Thomas will win the heisman.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:58 PM
sniugneP

Barkley has been underwhelming, Thomas doesn't get enough touches. Miller is very solid candidate but playing in mediocre conference doesn't really help him a lot. Smith is a favorite now.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:44 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
He would be a good heisman candidate, if he could throw the ball with more accuracy. I think Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, or De'Anthony Thomas will win the heisman.
Thomas doesn't get enough touches and Barkley has fallen quite a bit.

The top 4 imo right now:

1. Smith
2. Miller
3. Klein
4. Te'o

Old
10-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
as i see it.

at midseason:

1. Braxton Miller, 2. Collin Klein, 3. Geno Smith, 4. Manti Te’o, 5. EJ Manuel/Johnny Manziel/Matt Barkley

as of next monday:

1. winning QB of the KState - WVU game, 2. Braxton Miller, 3. Loser of aforementioned game. 4. Manti Te’o, 5. EJ Manuel

at season's end:

who ****ing knows.

Last edited by Crafton: 10-18-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old
10-18-2012, 02:58 PM
sniugneP

Forgot about Klein. He's pretty good QB. Reminds me of Tebow. Great intangibles but mediocre arm.

I was impressed with Manziel last Saturday. He's very versatile. I'm not sure he will win Heisman this season. Playing in SEC West, he will lose some games.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:27 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
A good Candidate? He's right at the top with Smith. He has a combined 2,183 yards (1,271 pass/916 rush) and 20 TD's.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:42 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
A good Candidate? He's right at the top with Smith. He has a combined 2,183 yards (1,271 pass/916 rush) and 20 TD's.
Hey, that's just my opinion. He's a great running QB but he's not the greatest at throwing (Like Denard Robinson). There has been too many times I've seen him overthrow open receivers. He needs to improve on his throwing accuracy.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:50 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Thomas doesn't get enough touches and Barkley has fallen quite a bit.

The top 4 imo right now:

1. Smith
2. Miller
3. Klein
4. Te'o
De'Anthony Thomas is a dual-threat running back he's not going to get many carries. Chip Kelly sometimes plays De'Anthony Thomas as a slotback receiver.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:57 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Hey, that's just my opinion. He's a great running QB but he's not the greatest at throwing (Like Denard Robinson). There has been too many times I've seen him overthrow open receivers. He needs to improve on his throwing accuracy.
His accuracy is leaps and bounds better than last year. Early in the year he was over throwing them but lately, his receivers mainly Devin Smith drop easy TD passes. I'm not disrespecting your opinion at all.

Quote:
De'Anthony Thomas is a dual-threat running back he's not going to get many carries. Chip Kelly sometimes plays De'Anthony Thomas as a slotback receiver.
Still though, he doesn't get enough touches.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:11 AM
sniugneP

Thomas had 12 carries for 25 yards and caught 3 for 4 yards last night. Not a good stat for him.

Last edited by sniugneP: 10-19-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old
10-19-2012, 09:56 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Thomas had 12 carries for 25 yards and caught 3 for 4 yards last night. Not a good stat for him.

Every player is going to have a poor game once in a while. Arizona State has a good defensive-line even with the injuries they had to face with.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:41 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Every player is going to have a poor game once in a while. Arizona State has a good defensive-line even with the injuries they had to face with.
That's still not very good.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:49 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
That's still not very good.
I know, I'm sure he'll bounce back next week against Colorado (Colorado has a terrible defence). I know it's unlikely that De'Anthony Thomas will win the heisman but this kid amazes me with his speed.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
10-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
as i see it.

at midseason:

1. Braxton Miller, 2. Collin Klein, 3. Geno Smith, 4. Manti Te’o, 5. EJ Manuel/Johnny Manziel/Matt Barkley

as of next monday:

1. winning QB of the KState - WVU game, 2. Braxton Miller, 3. Loser of aforementioned game. 4. Manti Te’o, 5. EJ Manuel

at season's end:

who ****ing knows.
There is no logical argument that can be made where Geno Smith is in 3rd place. You'd be very hard pressed to make a case for 2nd.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
There is no logical argument that can be made where Geno Smith is in 3rd place. You'd be very hard pressed to make a case for 2nd.
uh. they lost last week and we still have half a season to go. if he wins this weekend he's easily in the drivers seat the rest of the season. can't really understand your outrage at this point in the season. i don't even like Braxton Miller but he's 7th in the country in rushing and has lead tOSU to a perfect record. at this point in the season he's done enough. this looks like it's going to be a close race. and as i've indicated i believe voters will make every effort to elevate some other QB (likely Smith or Klein) as the season progresses. Barkley didn't get Heisman respect last year because USC was ineligible for the post-season and as a result their late season games lacked significance and panache. i'm sure the same will hold again this year, unless Miller goes ballistic.

Last edited by Crafton: 10-19-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old
10-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
uh. they lost last week and we still have half a season to go. if he wins this weekend he's easily in the drivers seat the rest of the season. can't really understand your outrage at this point in the season.
The loss wasn't because of him. RG3 lost 3 times last season. Some because of him. Smith's #s are better than RG3 and there is no one near him. If they lose this weekend and again its not his fault, why does he drop? If he simply has an average Geno-like game and goes for 300+ with 3 TDs and no picks, I'm not sure how that can be held against him. It's not the "best player on an undefeated team" award.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
It's not the "best player on an undefeated team" award.
some year's it is precisely that. anyways quit your bellyaching. it isn't enough that nearly everyone thinks your guy is good, nay great. we all have to think he's the best. let's see how the season progresses. he's been impressive, he'll easily outdistance himself statistically from everyone else. but Miller and Klein have been brilliant leading their troubled teams to undefeated records.

the most accurate straw poll out there has Smith and Klein in a virtual dead heat. but it's no crime to single out Miller as the MVP of the first half of the season while still recognizing that one of Smith/Klein have a better shot at the ol' still arm award (which is exactly what i did in ranking the candidates as of now and as of monday).

Last edited by Crafton: 10-19-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old
10-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Mordax
Abso-Buc'n-lutely

BuzzsawPGH
#Steelers official injury report: Carter, Gilbert, Mendenhall, Polamalu, Redman OUT; Pouncey questionable; Johnson, Timmons probable

Christ...

Old
10-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Alesle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Oregon dominated that game, scoring 43 points in the first 19 minutes, so Thomas (and the rest of the starters) barely touched the field in the second half. That being said, Thomas didn't really do anything last night. From what I saw almost all of Oregon's running was inside, with the exception being Mariota scrambling outside a couple of times. In any case, I can't see a scenario where the Hesiman doesn't go to a QB this year, Smith being the hands down favorite.

Closed Thread