HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

vCash: 500
I have Saturday night commitments until NHL season starts. I won't be able to catch the Saturday games. BLAH!

Old
10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Wedgewood stopped all 20 shots he faced in 3-1 win over Reading.

G Scott Wedgewood played last 39:35 tonight for Trenton after Niko Hovinen was injured.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
G Scott Wedgewood played last 39:35 tonight for Trenton after Niko Hovinen was injured.
Never like to see injuries, but that's a positive thing for Wedge's development. I hope he seizes the chance to shine.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Wedgewood might be too good for this league(ECHL) Maybe not though. We'll see. I really can't see him getting up to Albany unless there's an injury to one of Frazee/Kinkaid, or if NHL season starts, and one of our goaltenders has a problem and Frazee or Kinkaid is sent down to backup like last year when Marty was out. Or two years ago when Mckenna or whatever his name was backed up Moose.

There's also the case one of Frazee, and Kinkaid absolutely suck it up over in Albany. Since there's only two games a week most of the time, it will probably take awhile for one of them to lose the job.

Old
10-18-2012, 02:05 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I'd like to see Wedge in Albany sooner than later especially since he's on an ECHL team that isn't ours. Trenton has no reason to develop him so he may not start as often as he should. None of this would be an issue if Frazee just left though...

Old
10-18-2012, 06:34 AM
FirmestPiano

From what I read on twitter and from one of the Titans writers, seemed like he had a really good game. Good start for Wedgewood so far in these 2 games, hopefully he'll continute the same trend now that he might get the starter job for a while.

good article on wedgewood.

http://www.trentontitanshockey.com/a...edgewood/6399/

trenton writer on twitter if anyone wants to follow.

https://twitter.com/mashmore98

report on last nights game.

http://m.trentonian.com/trentonian/d...l=true#display

If anyone is interested, lol.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Never like to see injuries, but that's a positive thing for Wedge's development. I hope he seizes the chance to shine.
Absolutely a good thing for Wedge to get more starts, even if for a quasi-Flyers affiliate.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I'd like to see Wedge in Albany sooner than later especially since he's on an ECHL team that isn't ours. Trenton has no reason to develop him so he may not start as often as he should. None of this would be an issue if Frazee just left though...
Frazee won't be leaving for the next two years unless he's traded. Or has to backup with the big club cause one of our goaltenders got injured. Or if he sucks something fierce, and is demoted to the E.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
From what I read on twitter and from one of the Titans writers, seemed like he had a really good game. Good start for Wedgewood so far in these 2 games, hopefully he'll continute the same trend now that he might get the starter job for a while.

good article on wedgewood.

http://www.trentontitanshockey.com/a...edgewood/6399/
I liked these quotes from that article:

Quote:
Titans head coach Vince Williams wasn’t concerned with any type of mental breakdown from his goaltender after the soft goal.

“He knows what he needs to do,” Williams said. “You’re taking a guy that’s a world class goalie coming out of juniors. Sometimes with guys like that, you don’t have to tell them anything. It says a lot about the player.

As for Wedgewood, he used a technique called ‘see, replace and erase’ to get himself past the goal.

You see what you did wrong and you replace it with yourself making a save and then you just get it out of your mind and keep going,” he said. “I’ve been doing that for a couple years now. I learned it through a personal mental trainer guy and it just works. That’s the thing I do. You can’t get down on yourself.”
That's the sort of mental fortitude a goalie needs to be successful in the NHL. I'm impressed that Wedge already has the right attitude.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:52 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

He shouldn't even be there. Swap him with Frazee asap

Old
10-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
He shouldn't even be there. Swap him with Frazee asap
He needs to start somewhere.

Let him dominate, or at least hopefully he will, the ECHL. Make him earn his AHL spot and then his NHL, don't just give it to him. He needs to get used to the pro game regardless, and goalies are hard to judge. We all have this perception that Wedgewood is the heir to Brodeur, but for all we know, it could even be Frazee (okay, might be too much of an exaggeration, but you get the point).

Old
10-18-2012, 11:11 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Yea, he should be starting higher up. everybody starts SOMEWHERE. Some deserve starting in better leagues more than others

Frazee is terrible

Old
10-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Yea, he should be starting higher up. everybody starts SOMEWHERE. Some deserve starting in better leagues more than others
We'd like to think that, but he's kind of overhyped here for a kid who just came out of juniors. He still has to prove himself, and he should start in the ECHL.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
It's kind of sad when I said "YES!" after seeing Hovinen was injured.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:14 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

He was Team Canada's starting goaltender, put up excellent numbers and showed puck control of a pro. He carried his team during the playoffs multiple years stopping 35+ shots per game.

Where did Kinkaid start?

Old
10-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
He was Team Canada's starting goaltender, put up excellent numbers and showed puck control of a pro. He carried his team during the playoffs multiple years stopping 35+ shots per game.

Where did Kinkaid start?
Kinkaid was a different story. The spot was totally there for the taking, it would've been pretty sad had he lost that spot.

Wedgewood would've had to played extraordinarily well and Kinkaid terribly bad during pre-season, and even then, there was still probably a good chance Wedge would be in the ECHL.

Comparing Kinkaid and Wedgewood's rookie seasons is like comparing apples and oranges, two totally different scenarios.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:21 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I'm saying some players get spots they deserve. Kinkaid beat out Clermont. Frazee DID NOT beat out Wedgewood. He's ****ing awful and Wedgewood is one of the best goalie prospects out there. Give the spot to someone who hasn't sat on his hands for 5 years.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Wedgewood may become nothing, and not ever be a starter, or good enough to play here period. Frazee I think definitely won't play here unless there's an injury, and he's an emergency call up. Why they're still wasting their time with him I don't know. People heralded this guy as being Marty's replacement ever since he was drafted in 05.

If Lou really wanted this guy in Jersey, why didn't he become a backup in 09/10? Yann Danis only had to start 5 games that season, and guys like Clemmensen, and Damphousse were backing up Marty with a year or less of AHL playing experience. I understand signing Hedberg in 10 to give Marty less of a load, but obviously Lou(And I don't blame him and am happy with this myself) wanted another 40 year old to continue being Marty's backup. Frickin Mike Mckenna was called up in 2010/2011 to backup Moose, and Frazee wasn't! It would really be better for Frazee even to go somewhere else. He might have a chance to play an NHL game too.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
You seem to forget Frazee injuries...
After his very good rookie season (58GP in 2008-2009) Frazee had tons of injuries, including some freaking ones. He only played 31, 33 and 36 games the following seasons with numbers not that bad.

He probably isn't Marty's heir, but is still a good goalie. Nobody here was at camp and saw him and Wedge play. Kinkaid and Frazee have more experience and were good enough last season, I don't find illogical at all to have Wedgewood in ECHL to start. Even Quick started there and we all saw what he became.

In a few years NJ will beat LA in cup finals with Wedge in goal, but wee all need to be patient.

Old
10-19-2012, 04:56 AM
ChicoEats
Formerly Ziggyluc

I wrote something on the baby Devils and I'd appreciate your comments!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ime-in-the-ahl

Old
10-19-2012, 12:31 PM
TrentonPwnedFlorida

If you guys want to complain about someone who isnt getting playing time, then you should be focusing on Clermont. Elmira has just been assigned another G from Binghamton and is now placed on their reserve list.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Hasn't Clermont been injured?

One thing about Frazee I hate. Not sure when he was re signed, but we always have to tend offers to RFA's. The only one's Lou passed up were Pielmeier, and Nagy this year.

Pielmeier was just an extra piece in the Foster trade. An ECHL goalie, and there was no room. I don't know why they don't part ways with Frazee. Though at least I can laugh about how people wanted Frazee to be the next Marty back when he was drafted in 05, and now people(Perhaps some of the same?) want him gone.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Clermont has a very steep uphill battle to stay in the organization long term

Old
10-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Buggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Hasn't Clermont been injured?

One thing about Frazee I hate. Not sure when he was re signed, but we always have to tend offers to RFA's. The only one's Lou passed up were Pielmeier, and Nagy this year.

Pielmeier was just an extra piece in the Foster trade. An ECHL goalie, and there was no room. I don't know why they don't part ways with Frazee. Though at least I can laugh about how people wanted Frazee to be the next Marty back when he was drafted in 05, and now people(Perhaps some of the same?) want him gone.
Why do you keep talking about him like he is ****? His stats were way better than Kinkaid last year.

He might not have a future on the devils, but he is still a good ahl goalie.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:53 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I don't want a good AHL goalie clogging our system, especially at the expense of Wedgewood. He needs to go

Closed Thread