HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yankees use of Rodriguez

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
  #26
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Sorry computer problems and not able to respond until now but I do not think you get it...
Not that I am a Yankee fan (I am most certainly not), but without A-Rod you guys probably don't win the championship in 2009.

Hell, you probably don't even get past Minnesota.

Typical Yankees fan...very short memory.

Just saying.

__________________
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 11:09 PM
  #27
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Sorry computer problems and not able to respond until now but I do not think you get it, Arod should not have ever been a yankee, hell texas paid something like 70 million to get rid of him and thats turned out pretty good for them don't you think. Arod is the perfect example of the pampered star player with all the talent in the world but I am sure if you check his chest is empty, no heart plain and simple.
Do you realize how fanatic this sounds? The only reason the Yankees gave him a new contract is because he won them a world series. After the series there was fans interviewed saying he has a lifetime pass, Buster Olney putting him up with all of the Yankee greats. There is something about north east sports fans where they are just out of touch with reality. Paranoid, sensational, and over dramatic.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:49 AM
  #28
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 500
Well, I for one was happy with the way the Yankees managed their roster. Not looking forward to a rematch of 2006 though. Tigers steamrolled the A's that year in the ALCS and played the Cards in the World Series.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:28 PM
  #29
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Not that I am a Yankee fan (I am most certainly not), but without A-Rod you guys probably don't win the championship in 2009.

Hell, you probably don't even get past Minnesota.

Typical Yankees fan...very short memory.

Just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Do you realize how fanatic this sounds? The only reason the Yankees gave him a new contract is because he won them a world series. After the series there was fans interviewed saying he has a lifetime pass, Buster Olney putting him up with all of the Yankee greats. There is something about north east sports fans where they are just out of touch with reality. Paranoid, sensational, and over dramatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Well, I for one was happy with the way the Yankees managed their roster. Not looking forward to a rematch of 2006 though. Tigers steamrolled the A's that year in the ALCS and played the Cards in the World Series.
This is always the difference between the east coast and the west coast fans, yankee baseball ,like redsox baseball, is a passion and hell yes we have short mermories him doing well in 09 is/was great the problem is he was in the playoffs in 4 others seasons were he did crap like this year. And going to the paranoid ,sensational, dramatic card awesome I have been accused of becoming like you all too often and I am glad to hear it is not so, the funny thing is I really wasn't too upset this year because like I said earlier post we just won the cup and having become a kings fan decades ago and being as passionate, senasational and overertly dramatic about our kings as I am I am still on that high and only responded to this post because of the yankee haters so enjoy your teams, arrive late leave early, fly your flags when they are the best team in april/may and let fanatical fans twist away with every pitch. Mad love to you all

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 03:56 PM
  #30
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 500
^ I don't hate the Yankees. That would mean I care about them on some level and I really don't. I think their fans bring it on themselves. Like most things in New York, they think they are the center of the universe. My post was sarcastic. I'm a casual baseball/Tigers fan and I watched about 50 games in 2003 when they had one of the worst American League seasons ever so stuff it! I happen to be a fan of some of the WORST teams in sports over the past 30 years when you add in the Tiger, Lions and Kings. There are a lot of miserable years between them and they all happen to be decent teams right now (the Tigers have been on and off for the past 6 seasons).

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:36 PM
  #31
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
^ nothing personal meant, sorry you did not attack me persoanally and I should not have lumped you in to this ,my bad seems if you don't go with the flow you get attacked and i did get defensive along with all the other stuff lol


Last edited by yankeeking: 10-19-2012 at 04:43 PM.
yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:16 PM
  #32
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
Don't worry, the Dodgers will bail the Yankees out of that horrible contract with the rate they're going

SFKingshomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:50 PM
  #33
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
the dodger blue will match his eyes,............I really hope he goes to the marlins the dodgers are my second team and I would hate to do that to donny baseball

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:16 PM
  #34
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,468
vCash: 500
ARod won't waive his no trade clause, he must really love the schools in NY.

Yanks were going to have to eat a ton of it anyways, but wow, Rodriguez is going to be in hell with the fans next year if he struggles.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 01:59 PM
  #35
BigKing
Spot Picker
 
BigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belmont Shore, CA
Posts: 3,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
^ I don't hate the Yankees. That would mean I care about them on some level and I really don't. I think their fans bring it on themselves. Like most things in New York, they think they are the center of the universe. My post was sarcastic. I'm a casual baseball/Tigers fan and I watched about 50 games in 2003 when they had one of the worst American League seasons ever so stuff it! I happen to be a fan of some of the WORST teams in sports over the past 30 years when you add in the Tiger, Lions and Kings. There are a lot of miserable years between them and they all happen to be decent teams right now (the Tigers have been on and off for the past 6 seasons).
I've been a Tigers fan since 91 so I've seen some bad seasons: record breaking type bad seasons.

My sister is into the Giants like I am with the Kings so hoping they pull it off against St. Louis. Either way, Kings cup and Tigers world series win in the same year would blow my mind.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 06:19 PM
  #36
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I've been a Tigers fan since 91 so I've seen some bad seasons: record breaking type bad seasons.

My sister is into the Giants like I am with the Kings so hoping they pull it off against St. Louis. Either way, Kings cup and Tigers world series win in the same year would blow my mind.
Yeah it should be exciting. I hope they don't play the Cardinals but I think they can beat either. I'm just having flashbacks of 2006 when the Tigers steamrolled the A's in the ALCS and then lost to the Cards who were the worst team the playoffs that year.

After the Kings won the Cup last year in the way they did it, ANYTHING really is possible in sports!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.