HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teddy Purcell

Old
10-18-2012, 07:37 AM
PeterForsberg

vCash: 500
Teddy Purcell

Purcell's stats (last couple seasons were him playing with Stammer)

What is his value?

PeterForsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:47 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

I thought he played with Lecavalier?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I think he has chemistry with both, I don't think TB would want to trade him any time soon barring overpayment.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:55 AM
416Leafer

TB has good top end forwards, but they don't have a ton of scoring depth.

Pouliot, Thompson, Pyatt are all pretty "meh" offensively. Connolly is obviously a wild card, could break out and start contributing 45+ points as early as this year.

But yea, I think they need to keep Purcell, beyond Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier, and Malone, he's the only guy you can really count on to put up ~50+ points.

I think their playoff hopes are going to largely rely on break-out seasons from Lindback, Hedman, and/or Connolly. Also Carle's ability to play as likely the go-to guy on D.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 09:10 AM
sayheykid

His value on the trade market and his value to Tampa Bay are likely two disparate amounts. He's a flex winger who has demonstrated terrific chemistry with Vinny and Stammer and it would probably take an overpayment to get the Bolts to give up that versatility and chemistry.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:22 PM
bassassin

Can play LW or RW, has chemistry with Lecavalier and Stamkos. Signed to a decent contract for a few more seasons. 50 point proven winger.

Worth a lot to Tampa. Not that there isn't a lot of potential coming through with the forwards, Connolly, Killorn and Conacher all could be playing in the NHL this season, but proven being the key word there. (And very few players have chemistry with Lecavalier)

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:28 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

His name gets brought up all the time, but his versatility is simply too valuable to Tampa Bay. They can't really afford to trade him. The Lightning also aren't really in a position to trade top6 forwards.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

I like how people understand how valuable he is only to Tampa. It is true, he is way to valuable to us to let him go. I doubt he has much value to other teams though. I would say he is our Burrows. Where he would be a wild card on another team, but on his current team he is valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
TB has good top end forwards, but they don't have a ton of scoring depth.

Pouliot, Thompson, Pyatt are all pretty "meh" offensively. Connolly is obviously a wild card, could break out and start contributing 45+ points as early as this year.

But yea, I think they need to keep Purcell, beyond Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier, and Malone, he's the only guy you can really count on to put up ~50+ points.

I think their playoff hopes are going to largely rely on break-out seasons from Lindback, Hedman, and/or Connolly. Also Carle's ability to play as likely the go-to guy on D.
Curious, what do you expect from him? In his 3rd season he has become our most dependable defenseman. He is our #1, plays the PK, defensive zone face-offs, against every teams #1 line, and before his injury last season on pace for 35ish points. What else could you ask from him? And before the "he was supposed to Lidstrom" schtick, he is still 21, we have plenty of time.

Our variables are Salo, Lindback, Carle, and bottom 6. Our shut down line looks solid IMO (Tyrell - Hall - Crombeen), but our 3rd line is a toss up (Pouliot - Thompson - Pyatt). Wish we had a season to find out if had worked out

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Deen

vCash: 50
Purcell is a gem. You would regret letting him go.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 09:37 PM
bland

He's a terrific support player who has the skill and vision to be able to thrive with elite talents. That is not as easy as it sounds. He is going to be a ppg (or better) player in the very near future. Especially if Tampa can start to see some more offensively aggressive blueliners step up.

His development in LA was stone-walled by Terry Murray's inept offensive structure, and it really damaged his confidence and creativity. I'm thrilled to see him come out of his shell, albeit in Tampa.

Teddy isn't just a product of playing with stars - he keeps the puck moving into dangerous areas at all times. Sometimes it takes highly skilled players to be able to take advantage of those situations, but he creates chances left and right. Once he takes the bull by the horns and gets a little bit more individually assertive, the sky is the limit.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:25 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Curious, what do you expect from him? In his 3rd season he has become our most dependable defenseman. He is our #1, plays the PK, defensive zone face-offs, against every teams #1 line, and before his injury last season on pace for 35ish points. What else could you ask from him? And before the "he was supposed to Lidstrom" schtick, he is still 21, we have plenty of time.
:
More talking offensively. 35 pts aint much. 45+ would be. True franchise D are two-way players. So yea, I do think TB's season will largely rest on potential breakout seasons from him, Lindback, or Connolly. Lindback especially due to the singular importance of his position.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Rschmitz

Was probably our best player in the second half last season and a huge reason as to why Stamkos got 60. Would be very stupid to deal him.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote