HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville-Toronto

Old
10-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

vCash: 500
I like Hornqvist over MacA, but it's not a landslide. Nashville wouldn't do this, though.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:56 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Hornqvist isn't one of my favorite Preds, but I don't make this deal. At best it's a lateral move. At worst, MacArthur actually comes in and makes our forward corps worse. Hornqvist is a known commodity, and, while he may not put up 30 goals every year, he is good for 40+ points. He is the best net presence player we have. He isn't a flashy guy, and he isn't a first liner, but you know what you're getting out of Hornqvist game-in and game-out. As far as playmakers go, we don't need any more guys looking for the pass. If anything, we need guys who will shoot the puck from anywhere.

Oh and I thought it was pretty obvious that Soundgarden was saying the Leafs won't give us anything we would actually want for Watson. We aren't getting any of their big names for a prospect. These two teams don't really make very good trading partners. I don't think anyone is trying to knock the Leafs or their players (at least not Nashville fans).

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:58 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Nashville has one of the top offenses and shouldn't be attacking it with this trade.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Badger25

As a leafs fan, I'd do it. It would free up a spot in the top 6 for one of Kadri/Kulemin/Frattin while at the same time strengthening their secondary scoring

Badger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:11 PM
fourofakindfowl

While I respect that Preds fans do not want to trade Horny, let me just clarify that MacArthur is a solid player. He isn't some scrub. He is a good 2nd line player, better than Kostitsyn but worse than Erat. He would be the Preds second best winger. Expendable to the Leafs however with Kessel, Lupul, van Riemsdyk and Kulemin.

fourofakindfowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:33 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

I rather keep MacArthur and if Toronto wants to trade him I think they can get more for him.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
As someone who watches all 82 Preds game each season, I can tell you that Hornqvist is not a first line player. He's a fringe 2nd line player. Ideally, as mentioned previously in this thread, he would best be suited on a team's 3rd line with top powerplay minutes. He's got all the hustle and guts in the world, but he lacks the playmaking ability/foot speed to be considered a top line player.
QFT. This is spot on and my truism is the Preds will not be a contender until Horny is on the 3rd line but will be a serious contender if/when he is.

MacA is not a favorite of mine, not what we need and not worth the trade. We need to find a way to keep AND demote Horny.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 09:29 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg1 View Post
I n what universe is Hornquist better than MacArthur? Why would the Leafs have to add anything?
In any Hornquist is better .

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
As someone who watches all 82 Preds game each season, I can tell you that Hornqvist is not a first line player. He's a fringe 2nd line player. Ideally, as mentioned previously in this thread, he would best be suited on a team's 3rd line with top powerplay minutes. He's got all the hustle and guts in the world, but he lacks the playmaking ability/foot speed to be considered a top line player.
Haha this; man he is no where near a first-line player. He is very good at two things: 1) sitting in front of the net and whacking / poking / screening goals in, and 2) getting his face washed after every offensive zone goalie puck freeze. He is extremely slow, falls down easily, has mediocre puckhandling skills, etc. That said, he scores a lot of goals by being an excellent pest in front of the net, and he therefore has a lot of value to any team.

I swear we should test a SK74 / Craig Smith / Hornqvist line. SK passes all day, Smith shoots everything he touches, and Hornqvist can put in Smith's rebounds...except for the empty net ones he roofs into the rafters

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 03:58 PM
nmbr_24

I wrote out a big long rant, but after I read it I didn't really want to offend many people so I am just going to say to the few Leaf fans who continually tell all of us how good their players are.

Your team is not that good, your players are not that good or your team would be better, the players that other teams would be interested in that are Leafs, they shouldn't be interested in trading. Your D is terrible, you have the worst defensive forwards in the league, that is where the problems come from. The problem with your team is not the lack of a #1 center or a #1 goaltender, it is the utter lack of playing defense.

Is that too stong?

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:54 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
I wrote out a big long rant, but after I read it I didn't really want to offend many people so I am just going to say to the few Leaf fans who continually tell all of us how good their players are.

Your team is not that good, your players are not that good or your team would be better, the players that other teams would be interested in that are Leafs, they shouldn't be interested in trading. Your D is terrible, you have the worst defensive forwards in the league, that is where the problems come from. The problem with your team is not the lack of a #1 center or a #1 goaltender, it is the utter lack of playing defense.

Is that too stong?
Last I checked this was for trade proposals only, not insults.

Quote:
Mystifo Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden
If we didn't already have Blum Ekholm Ellis and Josi it would be Reilly.

seriously....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler
Leafs would have to add.

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55
Mac, 1 rounder (2013/14) and Blacker?

The sad thing is you have leafs and realistic in your name.....
People are agreeing for MacA straight up for horn and I add more to the trade, and you call me the unrealistic one? please do counter-offer my proposal.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
People are agreeing for MacA straight up for horn and I add more to the trade, and you call me the unrealistic one? please do counter-offer my proposal.

The fact that you want to trade our first round pick in a year when we do not know how the draft will go is what scares me. Seriously do you want this to turn into....

MacArthur
Blacker
(Monahan, Barkov, Lazer)

For

Hornqvist

I mean really I like Hornqvist but I like the idea of drafting ourselves a solution to our #1 C problem a hell of a lot more throw on top of that Blacker I really don't see why we do it. Take out the first and it makes the deal a lot more viable.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:17 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Nashville hangs up, Hornqvist means alot to that team.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote