HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos - edm

Old
10-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
To Boston: Hemsky

TO Edmonton: Caron + 2nd

Fire away, add to either side if really necessary
im sure boston wins this on the ice... but it doesnt make alot of sense to me. Are there other moves in your mind? Where does hemsky play?

I see horton/lucic seguin/marchand as top wingers now with the team... who is being demoted to the third line?

not enough bang for the buck for me to greenlight this deal

{although maybe expand it... throw in horton/boychuck... take out caron... take back whitney/hemsky...maybe it does work to get hemsky but contract has to get moved}

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Jamin

So the 2nd is pretty much a 3rd with where boston will finish and as bryanboil said we have an average/slow big body already.

Id rather take the chance on Hemsky rebounding and if not trade him at the deadline for a similar package. Before everyone says Hemsky has no value im willing to bet at the deadline a contender or bubble playoff team will be willing to give a late 2nd/3rd and a prospect for a chance at the cup/making the playoffs

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:53 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Id rather take the chance on Hemsky rebounding and if not trade him at the deadline for a similar package. Before everyone says Hemsky has no value im willing to bet at the deadline a contender or bubble playoff team will be willing to give a late 2nd/3rd and a prospect for a chance at the cup/making the playoffs
Easily. First is more likely IMO.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by svat View Post
pretty lopsided for the bruins. caron is way overrated, and with hemsky in our top 9, we would have the best in the east by far.

marchand-bergeron-seguin
lucic-krecji-horton
peverly-kelly-hemsky

kelly is the only weak spot in there, but dat depth...dat depth.

edit*not best by far, but no competition for top 3.
pretty sure the idea of Hemsky to BOS would be to have the 2 bolded playing on the same line as they are doing right now and did at worlds.

as for the OP.. its an easy No from EDM .. we'll keep this fragile overpaid player.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Its not like the contract is for 7 years though O2N. Its a two year contract. What happens if Horton isnt around all year? Is Peverley a top six forward on a Contender? No way.

I'd look at other deals first, and gauge Hortons health, but I can't say I'm too upset about the assets we'd be giving up in this deal.

Maybe I jumped the gun on my "do it in a heartbeat" claim, but I'm still very intrigued with it.
IMO Boston already has a guy whom they are concerned about healthwise (Horton). You go and add Hemsky to the roster at a $5m cap hit mind you, & you're taking a HUGE gamble. IF Hemsky is a Bruin & also gets injured (which he has done for 3 straight seasons now, the guy is the most glaring example of fragile), then Boston stands to have: Thomas ($5m), Horton ($4m), Hemsky ($5m), a grand total of $14m in paychecks not contributing on the ice.

Nobody is doubting Hemskys' talent, he is skilled, but he's a player whom makes too much money for what he's contributed the past 3 seasons. He has done nothing to calm the fears of Oiler fans/ management that he can infact remain healthy. IF he was paid $3m per for a year or so, then perhaps you take that risk, but with $10m over 2 years, I just dont see it as the type of move Chiarelli would make, & with good reason. Caron is a solid young player, digs in corner & wins lots of puck battles, uses his body very well to protect the puck, and he has a very strong & accurate wrist shot. I can see him at least matching Pouliots production last season (16 goals), if not surpassing it. I doubt Hemsky stays healthy long enough to even sniff 16 goals. The guy is talented, but a huge liability.

IMO it's similar to a team searching for a goaltender calling the Islanders about Dipietro, just not going to happen unless he proves he can stay healthy for 82 games.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 09:23 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
IMO Boston already has a guy whom they are concerned about healthwise (Horton). You go and add Hemsky to the roster at a $5m cap hit mind you, & you're taking a HUGE gamble. IF Hemsky is a Bruin & also gets injured (which he has done for 3 straight seasons now, the guy is the most glaring example of fragile), then Boston stands to have: Thomas ($5m), Horton ($4m), Hemsky ($5m), a grand total of $14m in paychecks not contributing on the ice.

Nobody is doubting Hemskys' talent, he is skilled, but he's a player whom makes too much money for what he's contributed the past 3 seasons. He has done nothing to calm the fears of Oiler fans/ management that he can infact remain healthy. IF he was paid $3m per for a year or so, then perhaps you take that risk, but with $10m over 2 years, I just dont see it as the type of move Chiarelli would make, & with good reason. Caron is a solid young player, digs in corner & wins lots of puck battles, uses his body very well to protect the puck, and he has a very strong & accurate wrist shot. I can see him at least matching Pouliots production last season (16 goals), if not surpassing it. I doubt Hemsky stays healthy long enough to even sniff 16 goals. The guy is talented, but a huge liability.

IMO it's similar to a team searching for a goaltender calling the Islanders about Dipietro, just not going to happen unless he proves he can stay healthy for 82 games.
In addition to all of that there is also a pretty good chance that if you have Hemsky, your hands will be tied in regards to whether or not you re-sign Horton. We can't forget all of those new contracts that were signed and will take effect next year or the guys who will have to be signed like Rask.

There is also a hierarchy on the Bruins and I don't think Hemsky fits into the bottom six, so if the Bruins were to acquire him, who moves down to the 3rd line? It has to be Horton right? I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me. Hemsky just isn't the guy for me. If we are talking about demoting Horton to the 3rd line then the player who is replacing him has to be better than him and I don't see Hemsky like that. Hemsky brings something different than Horton.

I am all for making the team better but at this point I am in a go big or go home type of mode. I just don't see Hemsky as the guy the Bruins need. There are so many questions about his health and his decrease in production last year when he was healthy. I can see Caron approaching the points that Hemsky got last year while still being able to carry the load defensively.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
In addition to all of that there is also a pretty good chance that if you have Hemsky, your hands will be tied in regards to whether or not you re-sign Horton. We can't forget all of those new contracts that were signed and will take effect next year or the guys who will have to be signed like Rask.

There is also a hierarchy on the Bruins and I don't think Hemsky fits into the bottom six, so if the Bruins were to acquire him, who moves down to the 3rd line? It has to be Horton right? I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me. Hemsky just isn't the guy for me. If we are talking about demoting Horton to the 3rd line then the player who is replacing him has to be better than him and I don't see Hemsky like that. Hemsky brings something different than Horton.

I am all for making the team better but at this point I am in a go big or go home type of mode. I just don't see Hemsky as the guy the Bruins need. There are so many questions about his health and his decrease in production last year when he was healthy. I can see Caron approaching the points that Hemsky got last year while still being able to carry the load defensively.
This exactly. If Chia wants some added scoring in the top-6, why not put a better package together for Iginla, whom I'd guess would bump Horton to 3rd line, justifiably. Iginla stands a better chance to stay healthy & would produce considerably more than Hemsky.

Hemsky is just not a guy I'd want in Boston.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:45 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Horton/savard for hemsky/whitney.

Broken pieces for broken pieces

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post

Hasnt Savard not played in like 3 years.

One of these is not like the others...no way is Horton and negative value worth Hemsky and Whitney

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post

Maybe we call Montreal & get Markov involved, make it a 3-way

Old
10-18-2012, 08:33 PM
rockinghockey

Sure go after Iggy but th package would be a lot more. Caron has no value.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 10:26 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Sure go after Iggy but th package would be a lot more. Caron has no value.
Don't get carried away...

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 10:29 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Rather keep Hemsky

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 10:49 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
To Boston: Hemsky

TO Edmonton: Caron + 2nd

Fire away, add to either side if really necessary
as an oiler fan I say yes--not sure about Bruins fans thou

Oilers have Eberle and Yakupov on the RW and MPS can be moved over there if Hemsky is traded

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 11:03 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I don't think that is far from the truth TBH. We do have a lot of future NHL depth players in our system, what we still do lack is what a guy like Moroz could become and a true **** disturber type unless Tyrvainen becomes that player. Besides that we have lots of potential 3rd and 4th liners as well as lots of future #3-#7D in the system.
I highly agree with you, I wasn't sold on the Moroz pick at first but then you look at that core Edmonton have to build around and toughness is needed, the core is still filling out but even the Barons aren't the most physical team, hoping Moroz, Vande Velde, Hartikainen, Pitlick amd Hamilton continue improving for bottom six roles.

Although that defence could become nasty to play against in the future if a few projects work out like Musil, Marincin, Plante, Teubert and Gernat. A lot of size to add to Klefbom, J.Schultz and Petry.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 11:04 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
as an oiler fan I say yes--not sure about Bruins fans thou

Oilers have Eberle and Yakupov on the RW and MPS can be moved over there if Hemsky is traded
MPS isn't a sure thing though. I'd rather roll the dice on Hemsky. If he's healthy, we will have a team that is offensively gifted enough to win a cup. Last season, however, we had terrible secondary scoring - if the kids weren't lighting it up we lost.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 07:13 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Interesting to hear the comments on Caron being over rated. I must confess I have not seen much of him since he was a junior. I never thought he'd be a big producer at the NHl\L level but rather more of a complementary guy with a very good defensive game and the ability to use his size.
He won`t win a Rocket Richard title however, the kid is very responsible defensively (if not mistaken, an area that the Oilers struggle with), he uses his size well but still room for improvement, his hands are much better than advertised, he does not hesitate driving to the net, battling along the boards etc...he is a complimentary piece and one that would be a nice compliment on a team such as the Oilers who are rich up front with high end to potentially elite talent.

His (Caron`s) biggest problem was where he was drafted (not his fault of course), far too many on the Bruins board (of which I am one on there) toss out, or are influenced by the "1st round" draft pick, they then set up expectations almost solely based on that, and when or if a player doesn`t reach a fans level of expectations, claims of "bust" are made swiftly.

The kid earned a spot, earned the trust of a coach who is adamant that his players adhere to 3 zone play and he has, in very limited time, and a yo yo effect of being sent between the AHL and the NHL, responded very well. He`ll never be flashy, he`ll hardly bring fans out of their seats with an end to end rush however, he is one of those players coaches love, a player who`ll do all those little things that too many other players won`t in order to help the team. The kid will be a very solid, if unspectacular pro IMO.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
He won`t win a Rocket Richard title however, the kid is very responsible defensively (if not mistaken, an area that the Oilers struggle with), he uses his size well but still room for improvement, his hands are much better than advertised, he does not hesitate driving to the net, battling along the boards etc...he is a complimentary piece and one that would be a nice compliment on a team such as the Oilers who are rich up front with high end to potentially elite talent.

His (Caron`s) biggest problem was where he was drafted (not his fault of course), far too many on the Bruins board (of which I am one on there) toss out, or are influenced by the "1st round" draft pick, they then set up expectations almost solely based on that, and when or if a player doesn`t reach a fans level of expectations, claims of "bust" are made swiftly.

The kid earned a spot, earned the trust of a coach who is adamant that his players adhere to 3 zone play and he has, in very limited time, and a yo yo effect of being sent between the AHL and the NHL, responded very well. He`ll never be flashy, he`ll hardly bring fans out of their seats with an end to end rush however, he is one of those players coaches love, a player who`ll do all those little things that too many other players won`t in order to help the team. The kid will be a very solid, if unspectacular pro IMO.
Excellent break down of Carons' game. And the very reason that I'd rather keep him over a hobbled overpaid Hemsky.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:59 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by svat View Post
pretty lopsided for the bruins. caron is way overrated, and with hemsky in our top 9, we would have the best in the east by far.

marchand-bergeron-seguin
lucic-krecji-horton
peverly-kelly-hemsky

kelly is the only weak spot in there, but dat depth...dat depth.

edit*not best by far, but no competition for top 3.
Where do you get this from?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:17 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
{although maybe expand it... throw in horton/boychuck... take out caron... take back whitney/hemsky...maybe it does work to get hemsky but contract has to get moved}
I'm not sure if you are offering Horton & Boychuk for Hemsky & Whitney (that's the way it reads), but if you are I would take that instantly.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 09:57 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
I'm not sure if you are offering Horton & Boychuk for Hemsky & Whitney (that's the way it reads), but if you are I would take that instantly.
I'm not sure I'd do that from a Bruins standpoint. Hemsky and Whitney don't fit the Bruins style of play. They need talent/skilk plus grit/toughness. Example Iginla

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 07:30 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
How does Caron look tonight?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I highly agree with you, I wasn't sold on the Moroz pick at first but then you look at that core Edmonton have to build around and toughness is needed, the core is still filling out but even the Barons aren't the most physical team, hoping Moroz, Vande Velde, Hartikainen, Pitlick amd Hamilton continue improving for bottom six roles.

Although that defence could become nasty to play against in the future if a few projects work out like Musil, Marincin, Plante, Teubert and Gernat. A lot of size to add to Klefbom, J.Schultz and Petry.
Yeah, guys like Moroz and Ewanyk would add a different element to our team and a much needed one at that. Pitlick likes to play physical but I don't know if he's been in a fight in his time in the WHL or AHL TBH, Hartikainen is another guy that can play tough but isn't a fighter. A future 4th line of Tyrvainen-Ewanyk-Moroz wouldn't be a walk in the park to play against.

10-20-2012, 05:35 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Yeah, guys like Moroz and Ewanyk would add a different element to our team and a much needed one at that. Pitlick likes to play physical but I don't know if he's been in a fight in his time in the WHL or AHL TBH, Hartikainen is another guy that can play tough but isn't a fighter. A future 4th line of Tyrvainen-Ewanyk-Moroz wouldn't be a walk in the park to play against.
Pitlick fought Landon Ferraro of Grand Rapids Griffins last year, wasn't much of a fight I understand. Ferraro jumped Pitlick and punches thrown and Pitlick tackles Ferraro to the ice, not much of a fight.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:41 AM
tkddad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
How does Caron look tonight?
http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/978

A Hat trick.

tkddad is offline   Reply With Quote